Add a Photo

Photos (596)
Kristeen K.
Kristeen K.
New York Mls, MN
I bought this after seeing so many YouTubers rave about it melding their makeup together and getting rid of the powderiness of their setting powders. I have combo skin so I have texture/dry patches on my nose and between my eyebrows that cause me problems, especially when I set them with a powder. Since I started using this my makeup looks more flawless and stays put. It also leaves the mattifying properties of whatever setting powder I've used but creates almost a satin finish to the skin once it's dried down. I especially like using a fan to help quicken the drying time and I've noticed that, since I've started doing that, my makeup looks more blended together and more natural. I also love that this a multipurpose product. I've used it to prime my face, set my makeup, and intensify my shadows. It's crazy to think that one product can do all that and work phenomenally well, but this truly does. I'd recommend it to anyone!
Adina P.
Adina P.
Berwyn, IL
Love this!!!
My uses for Mac Fix+ are:

1. Foil eyeshadow
2. After powdering, followed by a good setting spray. this is one of the most valuable uses for me as fix+ magically removes extra powder/cake from the face.. add setting spray and that face is locked down.
3. As the last part of setting process (no setting spray afterward).. just letting the fix+ set everything as much as it does on its own. leaves a nice finish. the glycerin forms a bit of a protective layer on the foundation to help keep it moisturized.
4. As a prep spray before foundation... again with the glycerin to keep skin moisturized and act as a bit of a primer for foundation.
5. Spray in between coats of foundation... same as #4. (i dont really do this one but i know some other people who do)
6. As a refresher spray before touching up foundation and powder products. freshens the existing makeup by providing moisture and a bit of priming for adding on, without causing anything to run or come off. one of its most valuable uses to me.
7. Feels refreshing due to a bunch of extracts and optional scent. great kept cold in the fridge for hot summer days :)
Give it a try!❤
Noelle M.
Noelle M.
Palm Springs, CA
SO...I'm kinda late to the party, i just got this for the first time ever(i'm 31 lol), and i feel like an idiot for not having picked it up sooner! I use this before i put anything on my face, and i use a little fan to speed up the drying. I will admit i was really scared to use this because it contains fragrance, and my face is allergic to fragrance in products. This however has no bad effects so far(i've used it everyday for a week, i usually see adverse reactions pretty quickly). I love the way MAC products smell, they feel great too. I love setting my makeup with this. I have Combination oily/sensitive skin and i have no issues with this at all!!!! i'm over the moon about it. Also, I cannot praise this enough! my makeup literally stays on 12 hours...
I live in Palm Springs, last week it was 111 degrees, i work in a salon over hot water in the shampoo bowls, blow dryers,etc. so it's always something i'm super excited by when my face isnt sliding off at the end of the day. I do blot but thats besides the point. This stuff feels great, keeps my skin hydrated, keeps my makeup on all day, isnt that expensive, i love it!!!!! i will absolutely be picking more up!
Kiyeera P.
Kiyeera P.
June 15, 2017, 1:17 p.m.
Review for: MAC Prep + Prime Fix +, 3.3 oz
This is an okay product. I'm sure most of us purchased it because of all the hype surrounding it. In my opinion, it is overhyped. Let's start with using it to intensify your eyeshadow. One day I was curious about that so I decided to try it. To me, it didn't intensify it that much. I pretty much get the same effect with putting a cream eyeshadow under whatever shimmer color it may be. But either way, you can just use your regular setting spray I've heard. Let's move on to priming, I tried this once for priming and I don't feel like it did anything special. Yeah my face had a base but that's it. Nothing else for me to say about that. And finally setting my face. Really? People like to make this seem magical for getting rid of a powdery face but pretty much any setting spray can do that. Even water can. And here's a tip, spray your face with your setting spray, take a dry beauty blender (or whatever sponge), and pat it in. Gets rid of the excess powder, and your makeup lasts all day. I do it all the time. Anyway so my point is, you don't need to buy this just because of all the hype. It isn't horrible, just nothing super special.
Cindy G.
Cindy G.
Seaside , CA
You need this in your life, no really, you do.

If you are a makeup fanatic like myself, this will really make a difference in how your makeup sets.

I tend get really dry in the winter/ summer and absolutely hate having "cakey" makeup. I have tried other setting sprays and this one is in my top 3. The mist is so fine and delicate that it will not disrupt your makeup.

After setting my foundation my skin tends to look dry, and the texture becomes very noticeable.

Once I am finished, I apply this ALL over my face and give it a few minutes. Not only does it feel super refreshing on the skin. it just really sets into your makeup making it look fresh, and takes away the powder finish, making your makeup look like real skin.
Allie M.
Allie M.
Burnsville, MN
This is one of my holy grail products! I always repurchase this every time I run out of it. There are so many ways to use this, you can use it underneath foundation, a finishing spray to give you a less powdery look, to intensify eyeshadows and so much more! The way I like to use it is by spraying it on my face after I have moisturized and primed my skin, and once I have put my foundation and concealer on/set parts of my face with powder I will finish it all off by spraying it on my face to give a more natural look, my dry skin loves it!

To intensify my highlight I will spray my brush with Fix+ and pick up my product and it brings my highlight to an ultra beaming glow! And then spray my face again just to make it all pop.

I would recommend this to everyone and I definitely think it is a staple to have in your makeup!
Nida S.
Nida S.
I realize that MAC Fix+ quickly became a cult favorite in the early 2000's yet I'm not sure that everyone used it in the best ways. There are just so many uses for this single Spray! I can be used alone to help refresh your skin and add a subtle glowing/Dewey finish. It can be used before makeup application to help rehydrate the skin and create a hydrated and smooth canvas. The Fix+ can also be used after makeup application to help counteract any heaviness or over powdery 'cake face'. You can even use a little Fix+ on your foundation brush or sponge to help blend in difficult or thick foundations. But one of my absolute favorite uses is to apply a little bit of Fix+ to my eyeshadow brush before applying a shimmery eyeshadow to boost the shimmer and intensity the color vibrancy. This is an holy grail product and I will always repurchase it.
Rebeca R.
Rebeca R.
Caracas
OK, so I'm just going to go ahead and say it - I love this product. I'm not quite sure where it has been for the first 23 years of my life but I am glad to have found it. Thanks to the help of YouTube tutorials, I have learned to spray it onto a thin make up brush and then use that to instill lasting highlighting pigment to the inner corners of my eyes; instantly erasing 10 years from my face that my children have lovingly added over the last 5.
BTW, it also works well to set your makeup; tip: don't spray too much or the film can dry too thick and crease when you smile. Also, spray and let dry BEFORE mascara - trust. #You'reWelcome
Asia P.
Asia P.
St Petersburg, FL
So, there are many uses for this product and everyone uses it differently.

For us, Fix+ does an amazing job with calming any make up look down. If a certain look is a little too cakes this product will help minimize it some.

We also use it as glitter adhesive. Works perfectly to prevent fall out and helps glitter apply easily.

Another way that we like to use it for is for also prepping the skin before makeup. It has calming and refreshing ingredients.
Recently MAC released different fragrances and ingredients to the Fix+ family and I recently purchased the rose scent and it is amazing!

No cons! The only thing is just that people assume this is a Setting spray but it really isn't.
Hannah C.
Hannah C.
ST PETERSBURG
MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ is one of my must haves in my personal and professional kit. It smells amazing and offers a refreshing spritz of moisture to your face before or after your makeup. It's also wonderful to use after you powder your foundation to help get rid of that powdery look or use it to dampen your beauty blender to help blend your makeup. It's possibilities are endless! But let's make one thing clear: THIS IS NOT A SETTING SPRAY. It doesn't aid in the extension of your makeup. If you're looking for something like that, try Kat Von D Lock-It Makeup Setting Mist or the Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray.
Holly H.
Holly H.
Is this product good for dry skin??
patty a.
patty a.
Bronx, NY
What is your favorite way of using this product besides to set your face?
Lorena J.