MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ uploaded by caroline f.MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ uploaded by Alyia H.MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ uploaded by Ashley W.See all 640 photos

BY MAC COSMETICS #1 in Face Primer

• LoveLove this 1 Answers
  • I've heard good things and bad things...i think it's worth it , i use ... 2 Answers
  • Does this make you feel more oily or ...My face always gets really shi... 3 Answers
Photos (637)
Buy on Nordstrom
Jasmine B.
Jasmine B.
June 21, 2017, 12:23 p.m.
Review for: MAC Prep + Prime Fix +, 3.3 oz
I bought  MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ a few weeks ago to see if it lived up to the hype.  I have found that it really does help my foundation go on a lot smoother.  I like to spray it directly on my face then wait a few minutes before doing my makeup.  As an alternative, it is great to use to hydrate the dry patches on my skin.  I just used it this morning when I saw some dry patches on my forehead after using setting powder.  I will definitely be buying the full sized product when I run out of the travel size.
Holly S.
Holly S.
It’s used to hydrate and soothe the face before makeup application or as a makeup finisher. With each spritz you are adding vitamins and minerals to your face which applies a soft, subtle sheen. This helps to get rid of that cakey look we can get when we use a lot of powders. Also another known way to use Fix+ is to spritz your eyeshadow brushes to enhance pigments and shadows. I see how people can confuse it for being a setting spray though. It can help to make your makeup last longer if you use it correctly which is as a primer before you apply your foundation. A great way to optimize its usage would be to apply it before your usual primer to ensure a flawless and lasting look.
Hailey P.
Hailey P.
June 26, 2017, 3:38 p.m.
Review for: MAC Prep + Prime Fix +, 3.3 oz
Hey you are the only one who can tell you how much you want me and I think I just texted your mom saying that I got a text from mom and I said yea she saw you in my room lol I got a woman she got me a boy who was my dad just saying I got a boy and then you just got me a car and I was like I was supposed too but he got a boy I was
Sabrina D.
Sabrina D.
Oct. 20, 2015, 9:49 a.m.
Review for: Skin Spray
I bought this after the abundance of positive reviews in its case. I like the versatility but it is by no means a setting spray. It clearly says prime, and though it says fix, it is more of a refresh. A spritz will leave makeup renewed, but it doesn't do much to set makeup. Urban decay all Nighter is a setting spray. Mac Fix+ is wonderful for moisturizing makeup and making it feel new again and hydrates caked makeup.
Maria P.
Maria P.
Effective primer mist. First time I used this I could tell my pores shrinked and my skin looked so smooth. Before I used this primer I had curled my straight lashes, and I feel like this spray was like a hair spray for them they stayed curled for longer time. The most sprayed evenly, and it did not have a horrible scent. Worked perfectly on my combination skin made my makeup stay on longer.
Amber K.
Amber K.
Walhonding, OH
Can I just say that I hate setting spray? I've tried all kinds, from drugstore brands like Milani and Wet N Wild on up to the more expensive brands. Every single setting spray I've tried (except for MAC's) has caused my makeup to curdle. Matte setting sprays make my skin feel dry and cakey, dewy sprays make my skin horribly shiny and greasy looking. I have a lot more trouble with creasing and makeup settling into pores when I use a setting spray.

MAC's setting spray, however, works pretty well. It helps give me a smoother finish and my makeup does seem to have better staying power on days when the humidity is high or there is some other issue that would cause slippage. For the most part, I go without setting spray but MAC's Prep + Prime Fix + is good insurance for those days that might otherwise end up in wrecked makeup.
Claudette D.
Claudette D.
Jeffersonville, IN
This is a must have for me ..there is absolutely no dupe for this ...I have repurchase this so many times ...trust me if u haven't tried this u need too..if u ever feel to cake from powder this will solve that ...n I have learned if u spray ur face before foundation it hydrates ur skin n make foundation go on so much better ...beautiful ...n if u want ur highlight or eyeshadow to pop more this is wat u need ...I swear if u only get one thing from Mac it has to b this
Sheena D.
Sheena D.
Lisbon, CT
I am so obsessed with this! It was my first MAC purchase and I've bought a few already to ensure I don't run out! I find that it's an amazing spray, great to prime by spraying before makeup and when makeup is done it's fantastic for setting makeup, making sure everything stays put but also that you aren't cakey looking. I have worn makeup all day and when using this I find my makeup stays on amazing. Also I love using this to spray my eyeshadow brush to help eyeshadow look more pigmented or especially great to give a more metallic look. I can't rave enough about this stuff! In my photo I have the full size original and the travel size coconut scented one (which I also love!)
Laura T.
Laura T.
Excellent setting spray. I use a different primer, but I've sampled so many different setting sprays. This is my favorite so far, I've already purchased a second one. The nozzle is great and sprays in a nice fine mist. The product has a soft scent, a nice scent. This melts my makeup into my face and holds it in place all day without that sticky feeling other sprays I've tried have. It's hard to explain what this product does for my makeup, but my routine doesn't look complete until I use this
Ashley H.
Ashley H.
32907
Obsessed with everything MAC especially this primer. My makeup stays right in place no matter what and that's important to someone like me who has lots of acne and scarring and spends a ton of money on my makeup.and skin care. So much $ that I want it to stay exactly where I put it! This will get the job done right, everytime. Thank you MAC. Just realized i uploaded the wrong primer. I use both and cant figure out how to delete the smashbox one lol. Woops sorry guys. Try both though theyre great.
Holly H.
Holly H.
Is this product good for dry skin??
patty a.
patty a.
Bronx, NY
What is your favorite way of using this product besides to set your face?
Lorena J.