MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ uploaded by Safa K.MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ uploaded by Kayla H.MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ uploaded by caroline f.See all 642 photos

BY MAC COSMETICS #1 in Face Primer

Photos (639)
Buy on Nordstrom
Shiela A.
Shiela A.
Las VEgas, NV
This a staple. It's not a setting spray in the way that it won't make your makeup last longer but it finishes your makeup. It takes away any look of powder and makes your skin look glowy not greasy. I also use it to wet my brushes and get a more intense pigment or spray on skin to get things like highlighter to adhere better. I've never found a dupe and it does NOT break me out. I very rarely ever repurchase anything, I'm always on to something new but this is something that I will never be without.
Alexis G.
Alexis G.
Review for: MAC Prep + Prime Fix +, 3.3 oz
Absolutely amazing for prepping the skin before makeup. I let it soak in for a few minutes before even adding primer to my face. I'm in love with the scent, wish there was a perfume version of it! This has been a beauty favorite of mine for years, ever since I started doing my own makeup and will remain a beauty favorite. The original scent is the one that I prefer. It is on the more pricy sides compared to what's out there, but this will never ever fail you. It's also great for setting the face after makeup, softening up a heavy application of powder, wetting eyeshadows, highlighters, etc... a very versatile and iconic product, would give it 6 stars if I could.
Amie S.
Amie S.
China Grove, NC
This is one of my Holy Grail products. I use this product for more than just setting my makeup. That is what makes this so amazing and worth the money. Depending on the look I am going for that day, I use this before applying my makeup to prime my face and after to set my makeup. When using as a setting spray it keeps my makeup in place during the day and keeps my face hydrated. I also apply this to my brushes prior to using certain eyeshadows and highlighters. It helps bring amazing pigmentation and makes the application smooth. If you are debating on purchasing this product, Don't!!! This is something everyone should have on hand at all times. MAC Prep + Prime Fix+
Brittany D.
Brittany D.
E Liverpool, OH
I absolutely love this spray. I get oily and I still swear by it. It's so insanely versatile. You can spray it directly onto your brush to make your highlight pop even more, you can spray it all over your face before foundation to add a bit of moisture and get a subtle glow, you can spray it all over your face after completing your makeup to take away any powdery texture and make it look more skin like, also spray a bit more to get a nice glow. You can even use this for shadows to make them apply more foiled or pigmented.
Once you get this spray, you'll keep finding new ways to use it and wonder how you lived without it! Trust me. Also, the bottle lasts forever. Sooooo worth the money!
Jasmine B.
Jasmine B.
Review for: MAC Prep + Prime Fix +, 3.3 oz
I bought  MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ a few weeks ago to see if it lived up to the hype.  I have found that it really does help my foundation go on a lot smoother.  I like to spray it directly on my face then wait a few minutes before doing my makeup.  As an alternative, it is great to use to hydrate the dry patches on my skin.  I just used it this morning when I saw some dry patches on my forehead after using setting powder.  I will definitely be buying the full sized product when I run out of the travel size.
Amber
Amber
I actually just recently received this as an Easter gift. I have a pretty big issue with the fact that my sprayer doesn't mist, it shoots a straight stream (pretty violently) and I cannot set my face because of that. I can prime my face but it is very difficult, I basically spray my forehead and cheeks and try not to shoot my eye out, then spread it around with my beauty blender. I really wish I could use it the way it was meant to be used because it is a great product from what I can tell, it gets tacky right before it drys so your foundation can adhere to it very easily. If anyone can help figure out why it shoots a straight stream I would love some advice!
Holly S.
Holly S.
It’s used to hydrate and soothe the face before makeup application or as a makeup finisher. With each spritz you are adding vitamins and minerals to your face which applies a soft, subtle sheen. This helps to get rid of that cakey look we can get when we use a lot of powders. Also another known way to use Fix+ is to spritz your eyeshadow brushes to enhance pigments and shadows. I see how people can confuse it for being a setting spray though. It can help to make your makeup last longer if you use it correctly which is as a primer before you apply your foundation. A great way to optimize its usage would be to apply it before your usual primer to ensure a flawless and lasting look.
Hailey P.
Hailey P.
Review for: MAC Prep + Prime Fix +, 3.3 oz
Hey you are the only one who can tell you how much you want me and I think I just texted your mom saying that I got a text from mom and I said yea she saw you in my room lol I got a woman she got me a boy who was my dad just saying I got a boy and then you just got me a car and I was like I was supposed too but he got a boy I was
Sabrina D.
Sabrina D.
Review for: Skin Spray
I bought this after the abundance of positive reviews in its case. I like the versatility but it is by no means a setting spray. It clearly says prime, and though it says fix, it is more of a refresh. A spritz will leave makeup renewed, but it doesn't do much to set makeup. Urban decay all Nighter is a setting spray. Mac Fix+ is wonderful for moisturizing makeup and making it feel new again and hydrates caked makeup.
Maria P.
Maria P.
Effective primer mist. First time I used this I could tell my pores shrinked and my skin looked so smooth. Before I used this primer I had curled my straight lashes, and I feel like this spray was like a hair spray for them they stayed curled for longer time. The most sprayed evenly, and it did not have a horrible scent. Worked perfectly on my combination skin made my makeup stay on longer.
Holly H.
Holly H.
Is this product good for dry skin??
patty a.
patty a.
Bronx, NY
What is your favorite way of using this product besides to set your face?
Lorena J.