BY MAC COSMETICS #1 in Face Primer

Tess H.
Tess H.
Bemidji , MN
Review for: MAC Prep + Prime Fix +, 3.3 oz
Mac gets the award of trendsetter for me because I remember buying this YEARS before the hype about other setting/prime sprays came out. I don't use this on my actual face, I prefer to use this product to amplify my eyeshadows. This product makes my patchy shimmer shadow go from 0 to 12 in one spritz of the brush. Its not a cheap product but it truly makes my shadow look SO much more pigmented and it makes it stick for long periods of time as well! I would highly recommend. The reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 is because its ehhh on the price when I only use it for eyeshadow.
Vika R.
Vika R.
Review for: MAC Prep + Prime Fix +, 3.3 oz
I'll be honest, I'm still trying to figure out the numerous ways to use this product. Not because it's bad, but because there are so many ways to use it! I usually use it as a primer spray and sometimes as a setting spray, if it's not too hot outside. Technically speaking, this isn't meant to be used as a setting spray, although some people do use it for that purpose. It's also fantastic for getting more pigmentation out of powder. Think brighter eyeshadow! Just dip your makeup brush into the shadow, spray a spritz on the brush, and voila! Your eyeshadow is pigmented times 10!
Tay M.
Tay M.
Fort Wayne, IN
MAC Cosmetics was one of my initial makeup influences- I've become less biased since!
I will say that this is a MUST HAVE for any MUA.
There are so many techniques and versatility that can be utilized with this product!
Not only You can use this to prep your face (to make your skin look awake and fresh) and set your face (to lock in the beat), it is also good for adding pigment to any eyeshadow & highlight you want to use! Spray Your brush first!
Gabby M.
Gabby M.
As a makeup artist this is a must for my kit. I use this for so many things and is very versatile. The smell I love and the mist is perfection. I use this for a Pigment, to hydrate face after I use powder to get rid of powdery look, also on a brush to add more shine when using a highlighter. This product can be used in so many ways which is awesome and is something everyone should consider when purchasing things for their collection or makeup freelance kit. You definitely get more than what it's worth. Definitely recommend this to anyone and everyone who wears makeup.
Blanca C.
Blanca C.
I looove Mac's prep + prime spray! It's amazing, I love applying it after I've applied everything else. It helps my makeup look less powdery/cakey and it gives it a more natural look! It also helps my makeup stay put all day! I also love to use it when I want my highlights to be a little more pigmented. I just spray my brush a little and then go into my highlighter and apply. This product is very versatile and I love it!
Jessica V.
Jessica V.
Jefferson Hls, PA
#cultclassic #holygrail MAC fix+ is a must have in any beauty collection. It is the most perfect setting spray! I love spraying it on before and after applying my makeup. The mister it is has is one of the best. It doesnt spray out hard, it is just a light, fine mist. It is also great to spray on your makeup brush when applying shimmery eyeshadows. It gives them a more foiled look. I find that it is inexpensive for how good this product is. MAC Cosmetics is now sold at Ulta which i find is amazing!! #macfix+ #settingspray #maccosmetics #ultabeauty
Maddie N.
Maddie N.
Princeton Jct, NJ
Review for: MAC Prep + Prime Fix +, 3.3 oz
If this is not the holy grail of primer/setting sprays, I would like to see one that is better than this one.  I have oily and acne-prone skin so I always want a primer and setting spray that will actually make my makeup stay on.

I have trouble around my nose, my foundation never seems to want to stay around my nose no matter what I do - until I changed to mac prep and prime.  Now, I have no issues with my makeup sliding.

I honestly believe that any skin type can use this product however it can be a bit heavy for a setting spray but the moment you spray this on your face you know that your making is not budging.
Shawne D.
Shawne D.
Winter Garden, FL
OMG this stuff is magic! You can use it before you apply your makeup for extra hydration, you can spray it on top of your setting powder to help your makeup blend together and melt into your skin so it doesn't look so powdery, and it's most famous use: wetting your brush to make shimmery eyeshadow look foiled. Unfortunately MAC is not cruelty free and I've recently gone cruelty free with my makeup so I won't be repurchasing and am still looking for a dupe before this bottle runs out. But if you don't care about that, then I would definitely recommend this product!
Mariah O.
Mariah O.
I'm sorry. I feel like the worst person in the world for saying this (and probably the only person), but I didn't find that this product did anything for me. Maybe it's because I have oily skin, but it left a gross film over my makeup, which left me looking oily, not dewy. There's a huge difference between dewy and oily. Even my brother (who never notices anything new in my makeup, lol) said I needed to redo my makeup. I also started to break out. I wish I could join the hundreds of thousands of people who rave about this, but I just didn't like it.
Ryondai R.
Ryondai R.
Remus
WOW!! This thing is really truly amazing!!
I was looking for a primer but didn't want to go for something too matte - I have oily skin but primers with silicons and pore-refining crap tends to make it even more oily, and I also don't like how they feel when I touch my face - like the leave a silicon residue on my hand when I touch my face or something... I am also trying to use primers from the same companies of my foundations, as I've heard that they normally work better this way, and as my absolute favourite is Mac's Pro Longwear, I went straight to Mac. So a Mac SA recommended this, and I bought it wondering whether it will actually work.
Holly H.
Holly H.
Is this product good for dry skin??
patty a.
patty a.
bronx, NY
What is your favorite way of using this product besides to set your face?
Lorena J.