BY MAC COSMETICS #1 in Face Primer

Buy on ULTA*
Mariah O.
Mariah O.
I'm sorry. I feel like the worst person in the world for saying this (and probably the only person), but I didn't find that this product did anything for me. Maybe it's because I have oily skin, but it left a gross film over my makeup, which left me looking oily, not dewy. There's a huge difference between dewy and oily. Even my brother (who never notices anything new in my makeup, lol) said I needed to redo my makeup. I also started to break out. I wish I could join the hundreds of thousands of people who rave about this, but I just didn't like it.
Ryondai R.
Ryondai R.
Remus
WOW!! This thing is really truly amazing!!
I was looking for a primer but didn't want to go for something too matte - I have oily skin but primers with silicons and pore-refining crap tends to make it even more oily, and I also don't like how they feel when I touch my face - like the leave a silicon residue on my hand when I touch my face or something... I am also trying to use primers from the same companies of my foundations, as I've heard that they normally work better this way, and as my absolute favourite is Mac's Pro Longwear, I went straight to Mac. So a Mac SA recommended this, and I bought it wondering whether it will actually work.
Kimberly B.
Kimberly B.
Absolute MUST HAVE!!! For me anything that is versatile is a must in both my personal and professional makeup kit. I use this right after I cleanse, it's a humectant and that helps to attract all my other products--moisturiser, primer foundation etc and helps them to adhere better to the skin. After I complete my makeup I use it again and it works like "Hair Spray" for my makeup!! I do have dry spells sometime due to eczema and it helps to soothe and hydrate my skin. I use it sometimes at least 3-4 times a day!! Best part is -- Its great for all skin types!!!
India l.
India l.
This should be a staple in every makeup junkies makeup kit, I have oily skin and I still use this product to bring life back ti my face. It works well with any skin typo in my opinion just use the right makeup underneath it for your skin type. It does not minimize pores at all, again your makeup underneath this should be pore-less etc if you have that problem like I do. This work really well for pressed/loose eye-shadows, blushers, eye pigments etc. It is just amazing and refreshing. It has a slight smell to it. I love the smell but many don't hahaha
Zari S.
Zari S.
Henderson, NV
So this product is cool. I use it for prepping my face before makeup application and setting my face after. You can also spray your makeup brush and use it to do a foil eyeshadow look. It doesn't protect you from the sun. It's a moisture mist that refreshes your skin. I find myself saying I won't purchase it again because it went from $20 to $24 but I always find myself at the M.A.C store asking for it lol
Kara B.
Kara B.
Orinda, CA
I have the coconut scent of MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ and have to say I am a huge fan of this product. Not only can you use it to prime your skin, there are so many other uses of this product. One thing I enjoy best is making my powder eyeshadows "wet" using this product. It enriches the color tremendously and makes it so much more vivid.

As for the coconut scented Fix+, I don't really smell much of a scent from it. The packaging is stunning though!!!
Amelia S.
Amelia S.
This stuff is the beezwax!!! Im in the military so its hard to wear makeup without it coming off all over the place. I spray about two sprays 12" from my face before applying my makeup which is normally just a MAC mineralize powder, a little contour, and blush and when I say it made me look flawless!!!! I then sprayed one spray just to allow the powder to officially set!!! It smells so good and love the lock on the bottle!!! I am little distraught that it would be cheaper if I got it at MAC but hey im in the military I got make due. Overall great product and it lasts all day!!!
Kabao K.
Kabao K.
WHO DOESN'T LIKE FIX+??? I have been using this product for over 10 years and really love it. It never fails to create the most gorgeous skin like texture after makeup. THIS IS NOT A SETTING SPRAY! MAC has never marketed this as a setting spray. I find that people who don't like it have a more oily skin type and use it thinking it will set their makeup but only get oilier. It is a refreshing spray and had hydrating properties. I worked for MAC for almost four years and people were always confused about this product. I love using it with my highlighters, eyeshadows and pigments! I wish they would make the coconut scent permanent!
Kemisha M.
Kemisha M.
Baltimore, MD
The Mac prep and prime skin base visage comes in a outer black cardboard packaging, which has all details written on it such as the ingredients, price, manufacturing date, expiry date etc. When I open the box there is a beautiful sleek black plastic bottleinside. The bottle has tiny multicoloured shimmer partials printed all over it. The bottle also comes up with its own pump dispenser (yay!). The pump dispenses just the right amount of product for one use. It has a cap on top which fits tightly, hence there is no need to worry of product getting spilled in your bag. The packaging is very travel friendly and easy to use as well as carry.
Gigi A.
Gigi A.
Ladies, you NEED this product in your life!!! It is NOT marketed as a setting spray. It is more of a refreshing spray and if you find yourself looking a little cakey or powdery spray some of this on your face and it just helps the powders melt into your foundation and concealer. It leaves a beautiful semi dewy finish. It smells so good and it is very multi-purposeful. I use it to refresh my face, to wet my brush when using pigment or glitter eyeshadows, I use it to make my highlight brighter. Its just an all around great universal product.
Holly H.
Holly H.
Is this product good for dry skin??
patty a.
patty a.
Bronx, NY
What is your favorite way of using this product besides to set your face?
Lorena J.