BY MAC COSMETICS #1 in Face Primer

Buy on ULTA*
Kiyeera P.
Kiyeera P.
Review for: MAC Prep + Prime Fix +, 3.3 oz
This is an okay product. I'm sure most of us purchased it because of all the hype surrounding it. In my opinion, it is overhyped. Let's start with using it to intensify your eyeshadow. One day I was curious about that so I decided to try it. To me, it didn't intensify it that much. I pretty much get the same effect with putting a cream eyeshadow under whatever shimmer color it may be. But either way, you can just use your regular setting spray I've heard. Let's move on to priming, I tried this once for priming and I don't feel like it did anything special. Yeah my face had a base but that's it. Nothing else for me to say about that. And finally setting my face. Really? People like to make this seem magical for getting rid of a powdery face but pretty much any setting spray can do that. Even water can. And here's a tip, spray your face with your setting spray, take a dry beauty blender (or whatever sponge), and pat it in. Gets rid of the excess powder, and your makeup lasts all day. I do it all the time. Anyway so my point is, you don't need to buy this just because of all the hype. It isn't horrible, just nothing super special.
LaQuishia M.
LaQuishia M.
Review for: MAC Prep + Prime Fix +, 3.3 oz
I've been using Mac Prep & Prime for about a year and half now. Originally I started using it as a setting spray and it didn't work good for me as a setting spray. Whenever I used it, it seemed to make my skin a little dry. Refusing to let my money 'go down the drain' I started using this Fix+ on my brushes! Meaning before applying my foundation with my buffing brush I would spray the brush with a little Fix+ and then pour my foundation on the brush. I noticed that this help my foundation to go on smoother and it also helped stretching a small amount of foundation as well. Also the Fix+ helped my highlighter to pop even more to me. So I would spray my fan brush with some Fix+ & my highlighter as well. Usually I would have to dip my brush in the highlighter about 2-3 times for the highlighter to show up how I want. When I spray the brush & highlighter with Fix+ the highlighter shows up so good in one dip of the highlighter. It didn't work for me as a setting spray but it ALWAYS helps with my foundation & highlighter application.  MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ (When you think about it, I don't it's suppose to be used as a setting spray anyway, Lol! Am I wrong?)
Rebecca T.
Rebecca T.
San Diego, CA
Review for: MAC Prep + Prime Fix +, 3.3 oz
The hype is real with the MAC Fix+ but for good reason! People have been using this product for years and I never understood how a bottle of what looks like water can be so magical.

A few months ago, I decided to pick it up during MAC's 25% sale and now, it's found its way into my daily routine. Like many people say, it's NOT a setting spray, but more of a "finishing" spray. It gives off a beautiful, very natural skin-looking finish to your makeup. I noticed it especially merges all my powder products together and helps make my make up look like my natural skin.

A few spritz a day for a couple months or so and I'm barely 1/4th into the bottle so it lasts a long time. It's in a cute mattified bottle and looks pretty on your make up vanity. Doesn't have a strong smell but feels very refreshing when applied. I love it so much, I'm hoping to get a few more in their other scents (I missed out on the Fruity summer one and I'm SO bummed!) Point is... GET IT! You won't regret it. It adds the perfect touch to your make up!

Cindy G.
Cindy G.
Seaside , CA
You need this in your life, no really, you do.

If you are a makeup fanatic like myself, this will really make a difference in how your makeup sets.

I tend get really dry in the winter/ summer and absolutely hate having "cakey" makeup. I have tried other setting sprays and this one is in my top 3. The mist is so fine and delicate that it will not disrupt your makeup.

After setting my foundation my skin tends to look dry, and the texture becomes very noticeable.

Once I am finished, I apply this ALL over my face and give it a few minutes. Not only does it feel super refreshing on the skin. it just really sets into your makeup making it look fresh, and takes away the powder finish, making your makeup look like real skin.
Morgan L.
Morgan L.
Ride or die product here. I think a lot of people get scared to use or purchase this product because of the cost. But do not get discouraged yet, you can use this product so many ways to make it worth the money.
You can spray this product on your beauty blender instead of dampening it with water. I prefer this way much more because I always seem to get the beauty blender too wet.

You can use this after your get all your powders on your face to get them to all set in together. You won't believe how instantly your face will look after spraying on this product.

You can use the product before you apply your make up as a prime. As well as after your whole face is done to set everything in.

You can spray this product on your eye brush before putting any eyeshadow on the brush to give even more pigmentation. And to achieve the super eye shimmer look this is what you need to do!!

This is one of my ride or die products!
Cat R.
Cat R.
Nolensville
Review for: MAC Prep + Prime Fix +, 3.3 oz
I love this stuff.  I bought my first bottle a little over a year ago and still have some left. I would mostly attribute that to the fact that I mostly use it to increase I shadow pigmentation and not all over my face. My primary use for this is spraying it onto and eyeshadow brush before dipping it into an eyeshadow. This helps to pick up more of the product and give you better color pay off. That method is seriously life changing. You can also use this as a setting spray all over your face. I have to admit I go a little crazy with setting sprays and tend to douse my face in them. I always then take some thing and fan my face with it (paper, and notebook, a card, anything to fan with) and it helps it stay put amazingly. I only do that on special occasions though, which has helped me from running out. I definitely recommend this, but would probably buy it in a smaller size next time.
Jami T.
Jami T.
Mount Clemens, MI
If I could give this ten stars, I would. This is literally the best setting spray ever. It has so many uses, it works as a primer and hides pores. When you finish applying your powder products, you spray your face & it melts everything together and takes away the powdery or cakey look, making your make up look more like your skin. You can spritz your brush with this before applying eyeshadow, or beauty blender before foundation and it'll last longer and be much more pigmented. And it can also be used as a setting spray to make your make up last all day. It's only like twenty some dollars and you get a lot of product for that. The packaging is clear, matte and sleek. It sprays nice. I highly recommend this product! MAC Prep + Prime Fix+
Brianna S.
Brianna S.
Antioch, TN
My first Mac product and I am IMPRESSED. I looked up the uses for this product and I was not let down (for $24 plus tax I better not be!) I start by using it as a primer and that seems to do the trick because since the first use my skin has been so plump with moisture and smooth. My makeup just looks better when I use this under it. It looks smoother. I also use it to give pigments an extra va va voom. I love a highlight that blinds but with a tight budget I'm left with few choices and this makes up for it! I apply a spray onto my brushes and I am shook! It gives a highlight so blinding that people will need sunglasses to look at me! Even shimmery shadows show up amazing and matte shades as well. I also apply a spritz once my makeup is finished, but this is not a setting spray. It makes my makeup look flawless and helps it last. I will absolutely repurchase this when I run out!
Allie M.
Allie M.
Burnsville, MN
This is one of my holy grail products! I always repurchase this every time I run out of it. There are so many ways to use this, you can use it underneath foundation, a finishing spray to give you a less powdery look, to intensify eyeshadows and so much more! The way I like to use it is by spraying it on my face after I have moisturized and primed my skin, and once I have put my foundation and concealer on/set parts of my face with powder I will finish it all off by spraying it on my face to give a more natural look, my dry skin loves it!

To intensify my highlight I will spray my brush with Fix+ and pick up my product and it brings my highlight to an ultra beaming glow! And then spray my face again just to make it all pop.

I would recommend this to everyone and I definitely think it is a staple to have in your makeup!
Nida S.
Nida S.
I realize that MAC Fix+ quickly became a cult favorite in the early 2000's yet I'm not sure that everyone used it in the best ways. There are just so many uses for this single Spray! I can be used alone to help refresh your skin and add a subtle glowing/Dewey finish. It can be used before makeup application to help rehydrate the skin and create a hydrated and smooth canvas. The Fix+ can also be used after makeup application to help counteract any heaviness or over powdery 'cake face'. You can even use a little Fix+ on your foundation brush or sponge to help blend in difficult or thick foundations. But one of my absolute favorite uses is to apply a little bit of Fix+ to my eyeshadow brush before applying a shimmery eyeshadow to boost the shimmer and intensity the color vibrancy. This is an holy grail product and I will always repurchase it.
Holly H.
Holly H.
Is this product good for dry skin??
patty a.
patty a.
bronx, NY
What is your favorite way of using this product besides to set your face?
Lorena J.