BY MAC COSMETICS #1 in Face Primer

Buy on ULTA*
Cat R.
Cat R.
Bronxville, NY
I love this stuff.  I bought my first bottle a little over a year ago and still have some left. I would mostly attribute that to the fact that I mostly use it to increase I shadow pigmentation and not all over my face. My primary use for this is spraying it onto and eyeshadow brush before dipping it into an eyeshadow. This helps to pick up more of the product and give you better color pay off. That method is seriously life changing. You can also use this as a setting spray all over your face. I have to admit I go a little crazy with setting sprays and tend to douse my face in them. I always then take some thing and fan my face with it (paper, and notebook, a card, anything to fan with) and it helps it stay put amazingly. I only do that on special occasions though, which has helped me from running out. I definitely recommend this, but would probably buy it in a smaller size next time.
Jami T.
Jami T.
Mount Clemens, MI
If I could give this ten stars, I would. This is literally the best setting spray ever. It has so many uses, it works as a primer and hides pores. When you finish applying your powder products, you spray your face & it melts everything together and takes away the powdery or cakey look, making your make up look more like your skin. You can spritz your brush with this before applying eyeshadow, or beauty blender before foundation and it'll last longer and be much more pigmented. And it can also be used as a setting spray to make your make up last all day. It's only like twenty some dollars and you get a lot of product for that. The packaging is clear, matte and sleek. It sprays nice. I highly recommend this product! MAC Prep + Prime Fix+
Brianna S.
Brianna S.
Antioch, TN
My first Mac product and I am IMPRESSED. I looked up the uses for this product and I was not let down (for $24 plus tax I better not be!) I start by using it as a primer and that seems to do the trick because since the first use my skin has been so plump with moisture and smooth. My makeup just looks better when I use this under it. It looks smoother. I also use it to give pigments an extra va va voom. I love a highlight that blinds but with a tight budget I'm left with few choices and this makes up for it! I apply a spray onto my brushes and I am shook! It gives a highlight so blinding that people will need sunglasses to look at me! Even shimmery shadows show up amazing and matte shades as well. I also apply a spritz once my makeup is finished, but this is not a setting spray. It makes my makeup look flawless and helps it last. I will absolutely repurchase this when I run out!
Allie M.
Allie M.
Burnsville, MN
This is one of my holy grail products! I always repurchase this every time I run out of it. There are so many ways to use this, you can use it underneath foundation, a finishing spray to give you a less powdery look, to intensify eyeshadows and so much more! The way I like to use it is by spraying it on my face after I have moisturized and primed my skin, and once I have put my foundation and concealer on/set parts of my face with powder I will finish it all off by spraying it on my face to give a more natural look, my dry skin loves it!

To intensify my highlight I will spray my brush with Fix+ and pick up my product and it brings my highlight to an ultra beaming glow! And then spray my face again just to make it all pop.

I would recommend this to everyone and I definitely think it is a staple to have in your makeup!
Nida S.
Nida S.
I realize that MAC Fix+ quickly became a cult favorite in the early 2000's yet I'm not sure that everyone used it in the best ways. There are just so many uses for this single Spray! I can be used alone to help refresh your skin and add a subtle glowing/Dewey finish. It can be used before makeup application to help rehydrate the skin and create a hydrated and smooth canvas. The Fix+ can also be used after makeup application to help counteract any heaviness or over powdery 'cake face'. You can even use a little Fix+ on your foundation brush or sponge to help blend in difficult or thick foundations. But one of my absolute favorite uses is to apply a little bit of Fix+ to my eyeshadow brush before applying a shimmery eyeshadow to boost the shimmer and intensity the color vibrancy. This is an holy grail product and I will always repurchase it.
Rebeca R.
Rebeca R.
OK, so I'm just going to go ahead and say it - I love this product. I'm not quite sure where it has been for the first 23 years of my life but I am glad to have found it. Thanks to the help of YouTube tutorials, I have learned to spray it onto a thin make up brush and then use that to instill lasting highlighting pigment to the inner corners of my eyes; instantly erasing 10 years from my face that my children have lovingly added over the last 5.
BTW, it also works well to set your makeup; tip: don't spray too much or the film can dry too thick and crease when you smile. Also, spray and let dry BEFORE mascara - trust. #You'reWelcome
Asia P.
Asia P.
St Petersburg, FL
So, there are many uses for this product and everyone uses it differently.

For us, Fix+ does an amazing job with calming any make up look down. If a certain look is a little too cakes this product will help minimize it some.

We also use it as glitter adhesive. Works perfectly to prevent fall out and helps glitter apply easily.

Another way that we like to use it for is for also prepping the skin before makeup. It has calming and refreshing ingredients.
Recently MAC released different fragrances and ingredients to the Fix+ family and I recently purchased the rose scent and it is amazing!

No cons! The only thing is just that people assume this is a Setting spray but it really isn't.
Melissa B.
Melissa B.
Anderson
I love using this for eyeshadows to make them pop! I just spray on my brush then dip in my pan or loose pigments. It's a great "setting spray" too. I use it when I want to be dewy and not matte.

It has a great mist, it dispenses alot of product. Sometimes after I apply this I go over it with a BB or brush. The lid turns so It has a lock position, so if your traveling there will be no accidental squirts!
I love this and will always have one in my makeup collection and never want to run out! It has a strong fragrance to it so beware if you're sensitive to that, but it mostly disappears once it dries.. definitely an A+ product!
Jasmine B.
Jasmine B.
I bought  MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ a few weeks ago to see if it lived up to the hype.  I have found that it really does help my foundation go on a lot smoother.  I like to spray it directly on my face then wait a few minutes before doing my makeup.  As an alternative, it is great to use to hydrate the dry patches on my skin.  I just used it this morning when I saw some dry patches on my forehead after using setting powder.  I will definitely be buying the full sized product when I run out of the travel size.

I have used this spray to wet my makeup brushes and beautyblender.  It helps foundation, concealer and eyeshadow glide on to my skin.
Meme M.
Meme M.
It took me a while to get on the spray my perfectly applied make-up face.  Now that I've discovered ways to use it I am so on board.  I use this mainly for matte foundations and to take my shimmer eyeshadow shades up a notch and it works very well.  Personally, when I use it to "set" my entire fact, I do it before mascara and I also go behind it with a damp bb and just press it into my skin to avoid any big droplet spots.  That is my one complaint, the mist could be finer....and a few of them that I have gotten, the mister has been different (one being really light and others being more heavy/concentrated sprays).  If you use this baby right, it can really amp up your make-up game on several levels!  Highly recommend compared to the many other kinds I've tried....MAC has the best!
Holly H.
Holly H.
Is this product good for dry skin??
patty a.
patty a.
Bronx, NY
What is your favorite way of using this product besides to set your face?
Lorena J.