Add a Photo

#1 in Face Primer

Photos (378)
Shubcharan S.
Shubcharan S.

I've used this product under my makeup, over my makeup, and alone. It definitely primes the skin, but I'd say it gives you a more natural finish. It is known as a finishing spray rather than setting spray, and it lives true to that. Definitely removes any cakeyness. I have also sprayed this on to my sponge to "finish" my foundation or make my highlight pop on my cheekbones, rather than just directly spraying my face. It's also a perfect hydrating mist you can keep in your purse on the go. It gives your skin a subtle glow, which is perfect when you want a natural look or when you want to make your highlight pop. If you're willing to splurge, I recommend this! You get a good amount of product that will last you for a while. I do not recommend this if you have oily skin and you're looking for something that will mattify you're skin. I've had oily combination skin years ago (currently dry combination) and this spray made me quite dewy back then, compared to now.
Lyndsay N.
Lyndsay N.
Kansas City, MO

Many have tried to imitate this iconic makeup mist, but none have succeeded. That alone makes this spray worth it in my opinion. This is definitely one of the most versatile products in my entire makeup collection, if not the most versatile. I use it after applying my base makeup to melt and mesh it all together, so that my skin looks like Barbie skin. It is a FANTASTIC makeup emergency fixer. Accidentally went too ham with the powder? Fix +. Your foundation looks like a too-heavy mask and is exaggerating every pore? Fix +. You're having a hard time fully blending in blush, contour, etc? Mist a fluffy brush with Fix+ and try again. Want your eyes to be super shimmery and sparkly? Wet your eye brush with Fix +, then apply shadow/pigment. The difference is unreal. Makeup starting to break down or wear off 10 hours into a crazy shift. Fix +, and maybe a bit of powder. For real guys, you need this. And it smells incredible. I'd bathe in it if I could!
Estefania F.
Estefania F.
South Gate, CA

This is a basically a refreshing spray, to add some moisture to your face prior to make up application or to restore freshness of make up throughout the day. It’s a scent less, clear liquid which doesn’t drastically alter products outside of adding moisture. This is a love it or leave it product. The mister is superfine, which is a good feature to keep makeup from running if you over spray the product. The price is the real deal breaker here, are you comfortable paying for a brand name moisture mist? e.l.f’s makeup mist and set is $3 compared to $22 for the Fix+ and the only difference is in scent not product function. This product leaves no room for improvement it does what it’s meant to do and doesn’t promise to do anything outside of being a moisture mist/ “makeup finisher” not setting spray. If you’re looking for a moisture mist give this want to go but maybe try the trial size before committing to the full size.
Violetta S.
Violetta S.

Apart from becoming almost an iconic product, it has also become surrounded by a cloud of misconception- unfortunately this product doesn't prolong life of your makeup, however they might as well improve it's formula to do that too, right?
This natural goodies infused spray can be used before, after, and while wearing your makeup.
Extra hydration post moisturiser, extra moisture and non disruptive makeup refreshment during the day.
If you accidentally gave yourself a cake face with powder, or mattified yourself into a statue face, this will bring dewy life back into your look and diminish overdue powder.
Overall helps to blend and set your finished masterpiece into place.
Great way to add a drop of the Fix+ to dilute foundations, make cream products more bendable, and intensive effect of eyeshadows/pigments when sprayed on a brush (post dipping into the colour- don't ruin your pressed eyeshadows!)
Williana L.
Williana L.
Passaic, NJ

If you have dry and/or acne prone skin- I highly recommend this!! I have frequent breakouts around my nose, and I also get dryness in that same area. So sometimes when I put my makeup on it clings to these dry/irritated areas and looks extremely cakey. Which I was very self conscious of and almost felt like it looked worse than the bare blemishes themselves. So I ordered this after reading all of the reviews about it fixing cakey makeup. I truly think it makes a difference! I spray my makeup sponge with the Fix + before I apply my foundation with it, and then I spray my whole face with the Fix + again when I am done with my makeup, and THEN spray my urban decay setting spray as well. It has worked wonders and made my face look so much more hydrated and clear! I highly recommend adding Fix + and Urban Decay 'All Nighter' setting spray into your makeup routine if you have similar skin issues!
Laura C.
Laura C.
Los Angeles, CA

vanessa s.
vanessa s.
Hickory, NC

I have repurchased this item more times than I can count. This is a staple in my makeup collection that i use on a daily basis. After applying my makeup I spray my face with this product to help blend my powders into my skin,making it appear more skin-like. If you are a powder fan but hate the powder looks after placing all products on your face, just spray your face with this and no more powder appearance on your skin. On days that I do not wear makeup i spritz my face in the morning and night after my skincare routine. It is refreshing and makes my skin feel revitalized. The scent is beautiful and not over powering and the product lasts 3-4 months for me when using it daily. I would highly recommend to have this product of hand for many things. Spraying eyeshadow brushes to apply baked shadows to increase pigmentation. This product is an amazing mixing medium for applying many products.
Jessica Y.
Jessica Y.
Cleveland, OH

This is probably my favorite Mac product! There are many other uses for this product other than a setting spray, and here are the reasons why I recommend it:

1. As stated before, it helps your makeup last longer throughout the day.

2. Use it before applying primer to help lock in moisture on your face.

3. It eliminates the powdery residue you get from applying too much powder, blush, bronzer and eyeshadow, leaving a stunning glow that doesn't look greasy.

4. You can also use it to lighten the coverage of a heavy foundation or concealer.

5. You can use it as a mixing medium for loose shadows, which allows for a better color payoff/ metallic look to your shadow.

6. You can also use it to spot clean your makeup brushes.

For around $20, you can get a lot of use out of this product, and for that I highly recommend that you try it out!
brittany h.
brittany h.
Flemington, WV

This is something I think everyone needs to have in their collection, it is amazinggg! You use it after applying all your powders and it takes the powdery look away, makes every layer of makeup applied melt into one and just leaves the most beautiful finish. The top has the perfect sprayer on it, gives such an even and fine mist. It also works amazing sprayed on your eyeshadow to make intensify it (makes it a lot more pigmented) or mixed with a pigment to make it stick. I also like to spray this on my face before applying primer, as an extra little step, and love it for this use as well. You can use it for so many different things; it has a lot of uses, making it well worth the money. You can buy a travel size for $10, if you're unsure about it and want to try it out (which I recommend doing). This product gets an A+ from me!
Evanjelin Francia E.
Evanjelin Francia E.
Birmingham

I am going to be reviewing the mac prep and prime fix + for the brand mac.this product is loved by many and this spray is NOT a setting spray it simply leaves the skin looking radiant,beautiful and luminous!
benefits:
•soothes and refreshers skin
•hydrates
•Dermatologist tested
•ophthalmologist tested
•Non-acnegenic

MAC FIX PLUS SPRAY
Is. light mist spray packed with vitamins and minerals,infused with green tea,chamomile and cucumber to refresh and hydrate the skin leaving it glistening at every application.
How to use:
Pray fix + 12 inches away from you face evenly
You can you the fix + before makeup or after also through the day to touch up.

This product must be a staple peice in every Ines bag because it's so unique and theirs nothing else like it in the market .GO GET IT !!
PRICE:£17.50 at (mac cosmetics.com)
Holly H.
Holly H.

Is this product good for dry skin??
patty a.
patty a.
bronx, ny

What is your favorite way of using this product besides to set your face?
Lorena J.