Add a Photo

#1 in Face Primer

Photos (440)
Mayra R.
Mayra R.

I have normal/oily skin. I get oily in my t-zone. I have used fix plus recently to see if the hype over this product was true. I can't really say whether it worked better than similar products because I really have paid much attention to know of other setting sprays I have tried actually did what they claimed. I will say that I applied it before my makeup and did notice a better application. Seemed smoother. It works well to set too. Wore full makeup makeup in the summer with the sun blaring in me and it held up very well despite my sweating. So I would recommend that you give this a try if you're looking for a setting spray. Awesome for fooling shadows as well. Which means if you are unaware, that you would spray your brush first to apply the eyeshadow wet. This is fine with metallic shades to make them pop more. You can also do this for highlighters as well. But be warned that depending on the shade it may seem like too much so I don't really do it. But it works.
Nadine D.
Nadine D.

There is nothing like it! This is my fourth bottle! I also have the urban decay one, but I like this better. If I really want my makeup to stay on, I will dab some of this spray on my eyelids before applying eyeshadow. I have tried so many eye primers, but none of them hold my eyeshadow like this spray does! The scent is lighter and not as strong. I can't stand the smell of the NYX or E.L.F or Urban Decay setting sprays; they smell awful. This does take about a minute to dry. If I am in a hurry, I put my face near a fan to quicken the process. Warning: if you already applied mascara, sometimes it makes it come off on your skin because of how wet it is. To avoid that problem I either spray it on before mascara or I spray it sparingly after mascara. If my face looks too powdery, I spray this one as a last effort to make the look more dewy. I would recommend it to every beauty novice. It is one of my favorite products out of ALL of my makeup and I use it everyday.
Shubcharan S.
Shubcharan S.

I've used this product under my makeup, over my makeup, and alone. It definitely primes the skin, but I'd say it gives you a more natural finish. It is known as a finishing spray rather than setting spray, and it lives true to that. Definitely removes any cakeyness. I have also sprayed this on to my sponge to "finish" my foundation or make my highlight pop on my cheekbones, rather than just directly spraying my face. It's also a perfect hydrating mist you can keep in your purse on the go. It gives your skin a subtle glow, which is perfect when you want a natural look or when you want to make your highlight pop. If you're willing to splurge, I recommend this! You get a good amount of product that will last you for a while. I do not recommend this if you have oily skin and you're looking for something that will mattify you're skin. I've had oily combination skin years ago (currently dry combination) and this spray made me quite dewy back then, compared to now.
Lyndsay N.
Lyndsay N.
Kansas City, MO

Many have tried to imitate this iconic makeup mist, but none have succeeded. That alone makes this spray worth it in my opinion. This is definitely one of the most versatile products in my entire makeup collection, if not the most versatile. I use it after applying my base makeup to melt and mesh it all together, so that my skin looks like Barbie skin. It is a FANTASTIC makeup emergency fixer. Accidentally went too ham with the powder? Fix +. Your foundation looks like a too-heavy mask and is exaggerating every pore? Fix +. You're having a hard time fully blending in blush, contour, etc? Mist a fluffy brush with Fix+ and try again. Want your eyes to be super shimmery and sparkly? Wet your eye brush with Fix +, then apply shadow/pigment. The difference is unreal. Makeup starting to break down or wear off 10 hours into a crazy shift. Fix +, and maybe a bit of powder. For real guys, you need this. And it smells incredible. I'd bathe in it if I could!
Kristeen K.
Kristeen K.
New York Mls, MN

I bought this after seeing so many YouTubers rave about it melding their makeup together and getting rid of the powderiness of their setting powders. I have combo skin so I have texture/dry patches on my nose and between my eyebrows that cause me problems, especially when I set them with a powder. Since I started using this my makeup looks more flawless and stays put. It also leaves the mattifying properties of whatever setting powder I've used but creates almost a satin finish to the skin once it's dried down. I especially like using a fan to help quicken the drying time and I've noticed that, since I've started doing that, my makeup looks more blended together and more natural. I also love that this a multipurpose product. I've used it to prime my face, set my makeup, and intensify my shadows. It's crazy to think that one product can do all that and work phenomenally well, but this truly does. I'd recommend it to anyone!
Estefania F.
Estefania F.
South Gate, CA

This is a basically a refreshing spray, to add some moisture to your face prior to make up application or to restore freshness of make up throughout the day. It’s a scent less, clear liquid which doesn’t drastically alter products outside of adding moisture. This is a love it or leave it product. The mister is superfine, which is a good feature to keep makeup from running if you over spray the product. The price is the real deal breaker here, are you comfortable paying for a brand name moisture mist? e.l.f’s makeup mist and set is $3 compared to $22 for the Fix+ and the only difference is in scent not product function. This product leaves no room for improvement it does what it’s meant to do and doesn’t promise to do anything outside of being a moisture mist/ “makeup finisher” not setting spray. If you’re looking for a moisture mist give this want to go but maybe try the trial size before committing to the full size.
Violetta S.
Violetta S.

Apart from becoming almost an iconic product, it has also become surrounded by a cloud of misconception- unfortunately this product doesn't prolong life of your makeup, however they might as well improve it's formula to do that too, right?
This natural goodies infused spray can be used before, after, and while wearing your makeup.
Extra hydration post moisturiser, extra moisture and non disruptive makeup refreshment during the day.
If you accidentally gave yourself a cake face with powder, or mattified yourself into a statue face, this will bring dewy life back into your look and diminish overdue powder.
Overall helps to blend and set your finished masterpiece into place.
Great way to add a drop of the Fix+ to dilute foundations, make cream products more bendable, and intensive effect of eyeshadows/pigments when sprayed on a brush (post dipping into the colour- don't ruin your pressed eyeshadows!)
Julie M.
Julie M.
Sunbury, OH

* Wanted to amend my earlier review of two stars. After dotting my foundation all over my face I sprayed this all over my face and used a damp beauty blender to stipple it and my foundation out. AMAZING! Used any other way for me... even spraying onto the beauty blender does not work for my skin and causes my makeup to breakup. BUMMED AND GREASY BUT IT IS AT LEAST REFRESHING: With all the hype, I was excited to try this. I have never used a setting spray and was wanting something to make my makeup look dewy and less cakey. I do not feel like this set anything. Dare I say this made my makeup look worse. My makeup actually wore off my combination skin quicker than it would have without the spray. I already have a primer I love so not sure what to use this for. I liked someone's suggestion on here to use it on your beauty blender to blend your makeup. Guess I'll give that a try before returning.
Williana L.
Williana L.
Passaic, NJ

If you have dry and/or acne prone skin- I highly recommend this!! I have frequent breakouts around my nose, and I also get dryness in that same area. So sometimes when I put my makeup on it clings to these dry/irritated areas and looks extremely cakey. Which I was very self conscious of and almost felt like it looked worse than the bare blemishes themselves. So I ordered this after reading all of the reviews about it fixing cakey makeup. I truly think it makes a difference! I spray my makeup sponge with the Fix + before I apply my foundation with it, and then I spray my whole face with the Fix + again when I am done with my makeup, and THEN spray my urban decay setting spray as well. It has worked wonders and made my face look so much more hydrated and clear! I highly recommend adding Fix + and Urban Decay 'All Nighter' setting spray into your makeup routine if you have similar skin issues!
Laura C.
Laura C.
Los Angeles, CA

Holly H.
Holly H.

Is this product good for dry skin??
patty a.
patty a.
bronx, ny

What is your favorite way of using this product besides to set your face?
Lorena J.