BY MAC COSMETICS #1 in Face Primer

• Is it silicone based?2 Answers
Reviews (12061)
Krystle K.
Sewell, NJ
i bought a mini one at ulta to see what the hype was about and i didnt want to fully commit to a big bottle just yet. it smells so refreshing first off! i bought it with not just the intention of a setting spray but because its such a versatile product. i have pretty ouly skin so setting sprays are tricky for me in general but i used this in between powdering my skin to make it melt into my skin and not look so powdery and also to add hydration. as for just strictly a setting spray it didnt help curb my oils throughout the day as much as id like to see. however i will definitely be keeping this in my routine for the versatility!
Jordan Y.
Bradenton, FL
this product is extremely versatile and can be used for soooooooooooo many purposes.  I love this for refreshing my face with or without makeup on throughout the day.  i use it to make eye shadows and highlights pop to their fullest shine power.  i use it to hydrate my skin before makeup.  i spray it on my beauty blender to make my foundation and concealer completely flawless.  this stuff has been around FOREVER!!! its not a setting spray if you use it for that function youll be greatly dissapointed.  it will not "set" anything but it has soooo many other great functions
Amy P.
The fact that you can buy this prestige setting spray in a more affordable travel size to test it out is awesome. I love how my skin looks after using it and the mist is fantastic, even on the small size. I'm getting amazing wear time, but I've been using a long wear foundation with it so I can't say for sure how much is the spray and how much is foundation. Regardless, my face looks & feels great all day. The only thing I don't care for is the scent. It's not horrible, but not great either. I like the cucumber scent of Hard Candy's setting spray better but the mist doesn't compare.
Chaya K.
This is such a remarkable makeup tool. I call it a tool because it is so versatile and useful, a must-have tool on every girl’s vanity. I personally don’t use it as a primer but instead use it to wet my brushes when I want to intensify my eyeshadows or as a mixing medium for eyeliner, and I was using it as setting spray until I found my holy grail of setting sprays, the Too Faced Mattifying setting spray! However, this MAC fix+ is a staple in my beauty regimen.
Kaylin F.
Plaistow, NH
The thing that I really like this product for is to spray over my makeup to make it look more skin like and ensure that it doesn't look cakey, and for this I think this product is great. As far as a setting spray to make your makeup last longer I don't think that this is the best product for that. I think if you want a spray that will really keep your makeup looking perfect, then the Urban Decay setting sprays are the way to go. But if you want to just make your makeup look freshly applied and aren't worried about lasting then this is a good pick.
Alexis K.
nassau county
I love to spray the fix plus on my face before I start my makeup as a makeup base/primer to help my makeup last longer on my face. Not only does it feel good on my skin but it also has a nice scent to it. It comes out in a fine mist and doesn’t ever leave my skin feeling tacky or sticky. I also like to spray it in again after my makeup is completely finished to not only keep my makeup from looking powdery/cakey but also to lock the makeup into place so it doesn’t shift through out the day.
Dariya H.
Port orange, FL
This guy is the o.g. Of primers and setting sprays. Back before primers and setting sprays were mainstream and part of most make up routines, this product was on the market. I have tried many other primers and setting sprays, but this is a staple no matter what else is in my regimen. I love that it doubles as a primer and setting spray. Are use this for low maintenance looks as well as when I caking on my face, it is very versatile. This product can also be used if you just need a little bit of refreshment on the face and don’t feel like wearing make up, or just feel like wearing a tiny bit of make up. This is great for someone who wants to spruce up the wear and longevity of their makeup without spending a lot of money or buying multiple products.
Belle B.
brooklyn
Complete waste of money. Do not see why people hyped this up. You can just as easily use other alternatives to spray on makeup brush to intensify eyeshadow if that’s the case. Or maybe carry cold bottle of water to refresh? But this absolutely does not set anything at all lol... yes I’ve used this bottle until not one drop left Bc I wanted to find hope this thing really did work but all it did for me was actually feel very much refreshed in hot summer day when I had brought it. The only good thing I can say about this product is that it has an amazing scent.
Chelsea T.
New Brunswick, NJ
I love this product, and think it is a staple everyone should have.  I use it to blend all the products put on face together.  However, this does not extend the life of your make-up, I use an additional setting spray for that.  Also, I spray this on my brush every single time I use a shimmer shadow I want to pop more, and it does the job.  The only reason I did not give it 5 Stars is because it does not extend the life of your makeup at all.
Selena L.
Lynn, MA
HOLY GRAIL!!! If it wasnt for this product I believe MAC would no longer exist!!! THIS IS A MUST HAVE ITEM! I suggest everyone to try it out. I love how it sprays getting every area of the face. The packaging it wonderful you turn the cap to lock and unlock which prevents it from leaking in your makeup bag. Ive been through 5 bottles. My makeup stays in place very well, i usually grab this item when going on a date night or clubbing :) MAC Prep + Prime Fix+
Holly H.
Is this product good for dry skin??
patty a.
What is your favorite way of using this product besides to set your face?
Michele M.