Add a Photo

#1 in Face Primer

Photos (545)
Nida S.
Nida S.

I realize that MAC Fix+ quickly became a cult favorite in the early 2000's yet I'm not sure that everyone used it in the best ways. There are just so many uses for this single Spray! I can be used alone to help refresh your skin and add a subtle glowing/Dewey finish. It can be used before makeup application to help rehydrate the skin and create a hydrated and smooth canvas. The Fix+ can also be used after makeup application to help counteract any heaviness or over powdery 'cake face'. You can even use a little Fix+ on your foundation brush or sponge to help blend in difficult or thick foundations. But one of my absolute favorite uses is to apply a little bit of Fix+ to my eyeshadow brush before applying a shimmery eyeshadow to boost the shimmer and intensity the color vibrancy. This is an holy grail product and I will always repurchase it.
Allie M.
Allie M.
Minneapolis, MN

This is one of my holy grail products! I always repurchase this every time I run out of it. There are so many ways to use this, you can use it underneath foundation, a finishing spray to give you a less powdery look, to intensify eyeshadows and so much more! The way I like to use it is by spraying it on my face after I have moisturized and primed my skin, and once I have put my foundation and concealer on/set parts of my face with powder I will finish it all off by spraying it on my face to give a more natural look, my dry skin loves it!

To intensify my highlight I will spray my brush with Fix+ and pick up my product and it brings my highlight to an ultra beaming glow! And then spray my face again just to make it all pop.

I would recommend this to everyone and I definitely think it is a staple to have in your makeup!
Amber K.
Amber K.
Walhonding, OH

Can I just say that I hate setting spray? I've tried all kinds, from drugstore brands like Milani and Wet N Wild on up to the more expensive brands. Every single setting spray I've tried (except for MAC's) has caused my makeup to curdle. Matte setting sprays make my skin feel dry and cakey, dewy sprays make my skin horribly shiny and greasy looking. I have a lot more trouble with creasing and makeup settling into pores when I use a setting spray.

MAC's setting spray, however, works pretty well. It helps give me a smoother finish and my makeup does seem to have better staying power on days when the humidity is high or there is some other issue that would cause slippage. For the most part, I go without setting spray but MAC's Prep + Prime Fix + is good insurance for those days that might otherwise end up in wrecked makeup.
brittany h.
brittany h.
Flemington, WV

This is something I think everyone needs to have in their collection, it is amazinggg! You use it after applying all your powders and it takes the powdery look away, makes every layer of makeup applied melt into one and just leaves the most beautiful finish. The top has the perfect sprayer on it, gives such an even and fine mist. It also works amazing sprayed on your eyeshadow to make intensify it (makes it a lot more pigmented) or mixed with a pigment to make it stick. I also like to spray this on my face before applying primer, as an extra little step, and love it for this use as well. You can use it for so many different things; it has a lot of uses, making it well worth the money. You can buy a travel size for $10, if you're unsure about it and want to try it out (which I recommend doing). This product gets an A+ from me!
Charell F.
Charell F.
Cincinnati, OH

If you have not tried MAC's fix plus and you are into makeup, I highly suggest you do so. It is the perfect finisher for your makeup. Leaves the skin flawless and can give a Dewey Finnish depending on how much you use. If you have oily skin just use in moderation. I practically bathe my skin in it whether I am wearing makeup or not. Sometimes if I'm just running errands, I will wash and moisturize my face and then spray my fix plus over it and it just makes my skin glow! I also use it befor applying my makeup as a primer. (It works for me) It is very hydrating for the skin. I use the original but they do have different scents such as lavender and cucumber if you prefer. It is packed with vitamins and minerals, so it is also good for the skin. I purchased mine from the MAC counter at my Macy's for $22 dollars.
Cara L.
Cara L.

A glycerin based spray great for reviving and refreshing makeup looks. Price is a lbit high for what it is. Formula is good but packaging is not a favorite. The lid does not unscrew and allow you to refill. This is annoying when you want to refill your travel size from your larger size. Also, I have had several with problematic spray nozzles. You have to rely on the generosity of the particular store for an exchange and it is a time waster. For those who work in set it is too risky to rely on a product that won't work due to faulty and poor package design. Love the formula. 2 stars for problematic packaging and high cost. Advertising it as a setting spray isn't completely accurate. It's more a refresher for makeup looks and means to helping move product when applied to brush. Not a very strong setting spray.
Erica S.
Erica S.

It is expensive but once you try it, you'll understand why. It is so amazing! I use to mixed with my foundation then I give a few spritz towards the end on my face and it melts everything into my skin seamlessly, leaving my makeup set all day. I'm a nurse in a top rated, major hospital in the country, that is always busy. Running around in a stressful environment, you tend to sweat often obviously, but my makeup does not budge on the days I use this. This setting spray is a must have for on the go ladies or just anyone who wants to have/start an amazing beauty collection. This is definitely a product that will change the way with how makeup lasts. Try & you'll see. It is also good on different types of skin tones & skin issues. It is not greasy or oily or heavy feeling. It's actually refreshing.
Jessie H.
Jessie H.
Centerville, OH

Finally broke down and bought a bottle of this fix + in March of this year. I think I paid $18.00 for it but could be wrong on that. I have several "drugstore" priced setting sprays that work for what I need them to do but wanted to see why this was such a cult classic. It is a very versatile product but I mainly use it as a setting spray, to calm down any powdery or cakey issues, to wet my eyeshadow brushes when I want a more intense look out of my lid shades, and on zero makeup days to refresh my skin after a shower or after being out in heat and humidity. I will repurchase this every time I run out and gladly pay the "higher end" price. It is a staple for me, only con I have is that because the way it's packaged I don't find it to be travel friendly so it just doesn't leave my vanity.
Dana S.
Dana S.

If you don't have this in your life, do yourself a favor and run to your nearest Mac counter right now to get this Fix +! I am telling you, if I could bathe in this stuff I probably would lol. This is such a lifesaver in so many ways I couldn't live without it. I spray this over my face when I make the mistake of applying too much concealer, too much powder or anything and it takes the cake right away! I even spray this on my damp beautyblender in order to prevent my makeup from caking up in the first place! I also spray my eyeshadow brushes with this if I want a shadow to be more pigmented for it makes the shadow more intense. I just spray it and dip it into the shadow and it works amazingly. For only $22, you get magic in a bottle and I recommend this to everyone who is a makeup lover.
jordan g.
jordan g.
Mahopac, NY

I will never not use this in my daily routine of makeup application! It is such a need when it comes to setting, priming, making shadows pigmented or even making a dewy highlight.

I love this for setting my face. It keeps my skin glowing all day long. I love how it makes my shadows look when i really want my eyes to pop. I spray my brush first and then apply my eyeshadow and it makes such a difference!

the only thing i can say is that some of the sprayers on the bottles might not be the best. the first one i owned was amazing, then i bought the second and it kid of left bigger wet spots on my face. Then the one i have now it just as good as the first. So sometimes thats a hit or miss!

other than that, this stuff is AMAZING! I love it so much!
Holly H.
Holly H.

Is this product good for dry skin??
patty a.
patty a.
Bronx, NY

What is your favorite way of using this product besides to set your face?
Lorena J.