Add a Photo

#1 in Face Primer

Photos (311)
Chelsey R.
Chelsey R.

I first began interested in the max fix plus when I watched a few beauty bloggers rave about it, I decided to purchase it for myself and I've never looked back. I use it every day, before my makeup, to set my makeup and also use it on my brushes before make up application to ensure I get the most out of my product. It's more of a dewy finish which I love!

Pros- Works amazingly well for all skin types and tones.
Cons- a little on the expensive side especially when you use as much as I do.
Rachel T.
Rachel T.
Los Angeles 1

Even if you are not a fan of Mac this is the one thing you should own. I mean EVERYONE needs this even if you're not really into makeup. This can be used to hydrate your face before applying makeup , or use it after applying all powder products to get rid of a chalky face. It makes everything look way more natural and put together. My favorite is on eyeshadows, they can be cheap, high-end, or pigment this will give them a boost and give you the best color payoff especially on shimmers.
C A.
C A.

I really enjoyed this product. I have sensitive combination skin and I did not find that this broke me out. I think it is a good product to have in your beauty collection. I think this product is really good for improving the quality and the stay power of your makeup. However when I'm looking something to really lock my makeup in I still find myself grabbing the Urban Decay All Nighter before the Fix+. Bottom Line: I would recommend it to a friend however it is not a Holy Grail for me.
Mara A.
Mara A.
Fremont, CA

I really love this spray for multiple purposes. It's not really a setting spray but it's great for making sure your powders blend into your face. If I use too much all over my face I tend to get a bit oily during the day so I only spray a little when I'm done with my makeup. If I'm putting on foundation with a brush I like to spray the brush with it so that my foundation blends really well. I've been using this for about 5 years now and I will continue to use this over and over again.
Amanda K.
Amanda K.
Indianapolis, IN

I don't know what my life was before Fix+. I use this in two ways: the first to set all of my makeup, and the second to wet my brush to pick up pigments or to make an eyeshadow show up more pigmented. It works wonderfully for both of those. I can go through an entire workout with makeup on if I've used Fix+ and all my makeup will still be there when I'm done (yes, I know this is terrible for you, but girl's got a busy life). Honestly, this is the most essential makeup spray I own.
Alyssia  S.
Alyssia S.

I love the Mac Fix+ Skin Setting Spray. This product can be used in so many different ways. I will spray this on my face as a primer before putting any make up on - gives your face a fresh feeling. I'll also use the spray on my brushes before putting on liquid foundation etc and this spray is also good to use as a setting spray after you're done putting on your make up. The bottle has lasted me forever - and its definitely worth the money if you're looking for a multi-use product!
Fiona B.
Fiona B.
Wheaton, IL

Ok first of all, this is NOT a setting spray...people complaining about it not keeping their makeup in place, etc. need to know that!! I love misting this on my face before I apply my makeup to give my skin a refreshed feel. I also use it on my brushes when I really want the pigment in the product I'm using (usually eyeshadow or highlight) to show more. I also like spraying this on my beauty blender and patting it on areas where my makeup feels cakey to instantly reduce cakiness.
Sai R.
Sai R.
Pickering , Ontario

Best setting spray for the price. I've used this for over four years and it hasn't failed me yet. It has a light smell and all you need to do is spray it over your face once for it to set your makeup. I've tried the Urban Decay sprays and they always leave a slight residue on my face whereas this one feels just like water. The bottle will last you over 3 months if you plan on using it every single day. DEFINITELY RECOMMEND. Everyone needs this as a part of their make up regimen.
Sam R.
Sam R.

I recommend an love Mac Prep + Prime and Mac moisturizer I use them both I first use the moisturizer then after I do all my makeup I use to the MAC Prep Prime tail light fixed everything on my face to set my powder on you can also use the MAC Prep Prime on eyeshadow before you put the eyeshadow and you can use it for anything so your powder broke you can use it on there and let it dry and it is reusable just so many things you could use for the MAC Prep Prime I would recommend
Marissa O.
Marissa O.
Kittanning, PA

Well, for starters this isn't a setting spray but I couldn't imagine my makeup kit without it. It smells amazing and is so refreshing. After applying my foundation with my beauty blender, I spray it on my beauty blender to blend out my under eye concealer. I spray it on my brushes to give more life to my eyeshadows giving them a foiled look. & I spray all over my face to get rid of any cakey-ness, fix+ basically melts your makeup onto your face giving it a flawless appearance.
Lorena J.
Lorena J.

Holly H.
Holly H.

Is this product good for dry skin??
Nicolette M.
Nicolette M.
Grand Rapids, MI

Is this the best setting spray out there? Or is there a comparable one that costs less money?
F H.
F H.

mac prep and primehighlighter suppose to be watery consistance??
Michele M.