Add a Photo

#1 in Face Primer

Photos (553)
Brittany W.
Brittany W.

What I consider the OG finishing spray, Mac's Fix+ should be in everyone's makeup kit. The glycerine in the product really does a great job removing any powderiness if you've gone overboard and it's my go-to when applying a foiled eyeshadow (just get the brush a bit damp after adding the shadow/pigment and watch the transformation!) I find that it doesn't necessarily make your makeup last longer, and it certainly doesn't control oil, but if you want your highlight to be seen from space, this is your product!
Raquel F.
Raquel F.

I had always been skeptical about high end makeup products especially setting sprays because I thought they all worked the same. Boy was I wrong. I cannot live without mac fix + spray. After I do my makeup I spray it on my face and it literally blends all my makeup together and takes away that powdery finish. I know it's pricey but it lasts a long time depending on how many times a day you use it. I use it in combination with Urban Decay's All nighter setting spray and my makeup lasts till the following day.
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Kettle Island, KY

I love the versatility of this product. It's amazing for dry skin. It's great for prepping your skin before makeup and also as a finishing spray. If you have problems with your makeup looking too powdery or cakey, just spritzing this over your face will remove that. It's also great to spray on Eyeshadow brushes to make Eyeshadows more pigmented. Or to spray your brush before use with pigments and glitters to make them more metallic and long lasting. It's a must have in any makeup lover or makeup artists kit.
Kelly V.
Kelly V.
Metuchen, NJ

Although I really like this product, I don't necessarily find that it's worth the money. It actually is not a setting spray, more of a finishing spray actually. I feel as though It can be replaced with a few other products that quite honestly in my opinion do just as well of a job. One of those is the elf Makeup Mist & Set and it's a fraction of the price. If you want a setting spray that is going to literally set your face and increase the longevity of your makeup I would try the Makeup Forever Mist & Fix.
Sierra M.
Sierra M.

I like this product for the fact that it refreshes and hydrates the skin. When my skin is feeling dry I spray my face with this before applying my makeup to give it a boost of hydration. It has a good smell too! I just don't think it sets the makeup like it's supposed to. I bought this product in hopes of it making my makeup last longer which it didn't. I don't think it's worth the price just to have a spray to hydrate your skin. I think there are many other options that will work better than this product.
Bridgette P.
Bridgette P.

MAC Prep Fix+ is by far one of my favorite mist primers of them all!! I honestly cannot live without it! Unfortunately I have problem skin, but I don't have to worry when I have my Prep Fix+ on hand. I use it before I apply my makeup, after, and I even apply it to my beauty blender when applying my foundation! It keeps my makeup fully in tact all day and helps keep my skin from looking oily and shiny! I'm open to trying other mist primers but this is forsure one I will always go back to no matter what!
Kaylee L.
Kaylee L.

I know this isn't an actual setting spray, it's actually a refreshing spray but it helps melt makeup together!

Great setting spray & additive to makeup. I use this to refresh my Anastasia dipbrow pomade when it dries out and fix+ brings it right back to life. Great for setting your brush to tap on some glitter or metallic pigment! Also great to mist your highlighter brush then dip into your highlight powder, gives a super bright highlight! And of course a great setting spray that keeps makeup in place!
Anna K.
Anna K.
Holliston, MA

As for the formula, it's good, alcohol-free toner for normal to dry or slightly oily skin that contains a nice mix of antioxidants and anti-irritants. Bonus: Unlike some makeup setting sprays, Fix + doesn't contain film-forming agents or hairspray-like ingredients—and that’s a good thing due to their potential to irritate skin. If you’re in the market for a “makeup refreshing spray”, Fix+ is certainly one to consider—it does contain fragrance, but the amount is minor and shouldn’t be an issue for most.

Love this stuff it sets my makeup and helps my makeup look more like my skin, my skin type is normal and I do find this is be somewhat hydrating but it doesn't make look oily or shiny. If you have extremely dry skin then you should definitely get the hydracharge fix + instead it's VERY Hydrating it doesn't set your makeup as well as this one so I would probably prep my skin spray the hydracharge then go in with foundation and powdery spray the hydracharge again and to finish off use the original fix +
amanda g.
amanda g.

Perfect to prep with a few spray before i put anything else on my face. Perfect to spray it onto my brushes before applying eyeshadow, bllush, etc. It makes the colors much brighter and lasts longer. My favorite way to use this is to set my face after applying make up. This process breaks the powders up and make it look less cakey, giving it a flawless look.

After my 3rd bottle, ive lost count of how many i have purchased afterqards. Its a must have in your make up collection. Never disappointed me.
Holly H.
Holly H.

Is this product good for dry skin??
patty a.
patty a.
Bronx, NY

What is your favorite way of using this product besides to set your face?
Lorena J.