MAC Prep + Prime Fix+
By MAC Cosmetics
#1 in Face Primer
Lauraina Y.
Sultan, WA

I've been really interested in this product but I'm still a little confused, is it used only as a primer or as a setting spray as well?

Kelly A.
Kelly A.
1 year, 1 month ago
Personally, I like to spray it on my face after my foundation! The MAC Fix+ and a beauty blender really helps the foundation to sink in and look flawless! It's really a great product because of all of the different ways it can be used!
Markela H.
Markela H.
1 year, 1 month ago
I use it as both. I put it on before my makeup sometimes & after as a setting spray. I prefer it as a setting spray though
mr and mrs z.
mr and mrs z.
Abu-Dhabi
1 year, 1 month ago
Well u can use use for both as a primer and and as a fixer for your makeup
Jenna S.
Jenna S.
Wisconsin
1 year, 1 month ago
It can be used as both because it works well to Prime the face because it has glycerin in it I believe you can also use it to set your face. If you are looking for something to set your face I suggest checking out Urban Decay all nighter setting spray I own both products and that's what I end up reaching for more often. But I will say I love Mac Fix Plus if I have an eyeshadow that I really want the pigment to pack on I will spray my brush first and pick up the eye shadow with that because it will go on thicker. Hope that helps!
Karen H.
Karen H.
1 year, 1 month ago
I use it to intensify an eyeshadow and spray it on my whole face for a burst of thirst. Mac fix plus is not a make up setting spray or primer. It is a finishing spray designed to take off the powdery, cakey look from your makeup, leaving your skin looking fresh. Many people think it's for setting makeup but it's not. It is a little confusing and many people think it's a setting spray but it's not. Even a Mac rep should tell you it's not a setting spray. You can also use it on a beauty blender to apply foundation for a dewy coverage. Hope this helps.
bree r.
bree r.
1 year, 1 month ago
both! it's great for that and making eye shadows and such more pigmented.
Halle F.
Halle F.
Sandy, UT
1 year, 1 month ago
I have yo used it for both and it works great either way! But I would prefer just the setting spray but it still works great for both