by MAC Cosmetics
Ask a Question
Alison M.
Alison M.
Northern Ireland

Does it stop oily skin or is there cheaper better things out there?
Peggy A.
Peggy A.
Aug. 26, 2015, 2:55 p.m.
Oily skin can be due to dehyrated skin as well. I have oily skin and i find it helps my makeup to stay longer
Brittany J.
Brittany J.
April 7, 2014, 7:55 p.m.
This is a spray that can be used for so much more than to just set your makeup, but when you are setting your make up, this spray is intended to give you a more dewy finish. It's basically going to make your face look oily, so this is more for dry skin or combination. This can also be used to spray on if you over powdered and need to get rid of a cakey looking finish. A good matte spray is Ben Nye Final Seal or Model in a Bottle. Again, the Fix+ can be used for a lot more than just a setting spray, but this does not stop oily skin.
Julie T.
Julie T.
Sept. 13, 2013, 1:04 a.m.
I don't think it helps control oil but it does help set my makeup and make my face look less cakey if I spray and blot. As far as as cheaper version, e.l.f. makes one that is a dollar or 2. I love elf, but MAC may have better ingredients. I'm pretty cautious about what I put on my face bc it breaks out and is easily irritated.
Elaine H.
Elaine H.
Aug. 30, 2013, 11:17 a.m.
Not necessarily. I have combination/oily skin and my face still looks oily after a few hours of spraying. This is only meant to be used as a finishing spray to refresh your face after applying makeup or if you feel your makeup is starting to look and feel dull. I've heard Urban Decay De Slick setting spray is the best in controlling oil. Hope this helps!

Join Now