Add a Photo

Photos (365)
Lujain O.
Lujain O.
Whitby, Ontario

Excellent and so multipurpose. highly recommend
Fix + is sold as a makeup setting and "reviving" spray and although it works in that regard, it's less because of its formula and more due to the fact it is packaged with a specialized spray top.

Rather than a using a standard spray bottle, Fix + produces a fine, non-aerosol mist that lightly settles on skin, which allows more control over where you’re applying product. This can be helpful with face or eye look touchups (especially on the go from work to a night out), and it does save you the step of having to remove your makeup entirely and start over.

Fix+ is also an option for dampening a makeup sponge (the BeautyBlender comes to mind) before foundation application. This step helps prevent “losing” your foundation due to sponge absorption. There is no inherent benefit in using Fix+ over water for dampening a makeup sponge, but it is convenient.

However, as a small reality check, Fix+ (from a formulary perspective) isn’t uniquely suited to “refreshing makeup” than any well formulated toner. What does make Fix+ special is all in the aforementioned spray delivery system—but that also means you could experiment with your favorite toner in a spray bottle for comparable benefits.

As for the formula, it's a standard, but good, alcohol-free toner for normal to dry or slightly oily skin that contains a nice mix of antioxidants and anti-irritants. Bonus: Unlike some makeup setting sprays, Fix + doesn't contain film-forming agents or hairspray-like ingredients—and that’s a good thing due to their potential to irritate skin. If you’re in the market for a “makeup refreshing spray”, Fix+ is certainly one to consider—it does contain fragrance, but the amount is minor and shouldn’t be an issue for most.

PROS:
Contains a good mix of antioxidants (such as chamomile, green tea and caffeine).
Provides a light amount of moisture.
CONS:
Contains fragrance (albeit in a smaller amount).
Norbeliss M.
Norbeliss M.

I had heard so many wonderful things about Fix+ that I had to try it, so I purchased it from Amazon. I've been using it for a few weeks now, and I like it, but I don't know that I'd buy it again after I run out of it. I too have oily skin and haven't noticed it making my skin any more oily when I use it in the morning, but I don't really like using it as a "refresher." I find that towards the middle of the day, when my skin is starting to get oily, if I put on Fix+ it just makes it feel worse. Each time I did that I ended up just washing my face with my regular face wash because I couldn't stand the feeling. Fix+ is also supposed to make your skin "healthier" because of all of the vitamins and minerals in it. I don't personally notice a difference on my skin, but then again, all skin is different.

I do enjoy using it in the morning after I put on my makeup to set said makeup. I do find that useful as it tends to settle any powder that I use and keep it from appearing powdery on my face. I've also heard Fix+ is wonderful to use as a mixing medium for pigments or eye shadows that can be used wet. I haven't tried that yet, but I've heard great things.

Fix+ does smell really wonderful. It's a very clean, fresh scent that's not too strong. That's a definite plus.

So, to summarize:

Pros:
- Amazing, fresh scent
- Great for setting makeup
- Great for a refresher IF you don't have very oily skin
- Great to use as a mixing medium

Cons:
- Makes my oily skin feels worse towards the middle/end of the day
- Expensive

At the end of the day, I think a lot just depends on your skin type. I do like this product, I just don't know if I'll buy it again after I finish this bottle.
Daiana u.
Daiana u.

No tengo nada negativo que decir acerca de este producto. He estado usando durante un poco más de 5 años y todavía tengo que encontrar una queja. Es perfecto para mezclar todo junto un poco más, manteniendo todo en su lugar durante todo el día, y dar a su piel un poco de brillo. Por lo general obtener la mayor cantidad de elogios en mi piel cuando he terminado con este spray, y en cualquier momento me estoy preparando con los amigos que piden prestado. Es muy ligero y me encanta el olor fresco y la sensación de rociándolo. Además, no estoy seguro de si es el más higiénico, pero he tenido esta botella SIEMPRE y acabo llegado a la mitad del camino.
Tenía la piel horrible, crecer, quemaduras acné y del sol y manchas de color rojo con manchas todo el tiempo, por lo asegurándose de que mi piel se ve muy bien siempre ha sido una pequeña obsesión mía. Incluso ahora que la mayoría de esas hormonas adolescentes han dejado su guerra en mi cara, yo todavía tener un cuidado especial en productos para la piel y que tiene que lienzo perfecto para el resto de mi maquillaje. Este spray es la cereza en la parte superior de mi rutina de maquillaje de la piel.
Chantale S.
Chantale S.
Scarborough

THE BEST PRIMER/SETTING SPRAY I'VE EVER USED. I can go on about this product for days. Compared to the Smashbox Primer Water (which I also love), you get 3.4 FL OZ with the full size MAC bottle for $23, the Smashbox bottle has 3.9 FL OZ but it's almost double the price at $39 and the MAC spray works WAY BETTER. It is worth every penny and to me it doesn't run out quickly. The product itself is very refreshing and gives my makeup an amazing look. I have oily skin so I use a lot of powder over my foundation and after using this spray I don't look cakey at all, it doesn't make my skin any oilier either. I use it before and after applying my makeup and my complexion looks perfect. I also mist this onto my skin on days where I'm not wearing makeup because it's so refreshing and gives me a nice hydrated look. The smell is also to die for, I really hope they make a perfume or lotion that smells like this because it smells really good. If you've never tried this setting spray, go and get a travel sized bottle and test it out or try it on in the store. I promise you'll love it.
loren c.
loren c.

I think this is the most hyped product that I see on youtube, and I finally bought and I LOVE IT!

The first two days that I used this product, I have to be honest, I didn't see much difference because I was using a dewy foundation. And for that reason I don't think that everyone will need this product.

I only see the magic of this product, when I over powder.
Usually foundations that have a matte finish and can also leave a powdery finish, and then I've to still powder to set it because I'm an oily mess and my end result is this dull flat face with no live that has a ton of texture because it looks that I've put a ton of makeup. And then I almost bathe myself in Fix + somehow I look great after !

But I don't think that my makeup last longer because of Fix+ and it doesn't help to control oils either (not that it claims that it does).

Recommendations: For people that already have dewy natural look when applying a full face of makeup and don't really have the same problems that I do, I don't think that the fix + will do much for you.
Alysa M.
Alysa M.
San Antonio, TX

After hearing all the hype around this, I finally got my hands on it and I'm extremely satisfied with it. You can use this spray in many ways. One way I like to use it is to spritz some on before applying my makeup because I have dry skin and this has significantly help with my dryness. I noticed that makeup is not as drying to my skin as it was before. I like to spray some on my foundation brush to help blend my foundation in and achieve a glowy, hydrated finish. You can also spray some on an eyeshadow brush when you're applying a shimmery shadow to make it stand out more and get the full effect of the eyeshadow. The only flaw is I don't believe this is perfect for setting your whole face since that has never worked for me. (I suggest checking out Urban Decay's setting sprays for that) But this is perfect to spray on after applying your makeup to help it sink in and get rid of that powdery, cakey look. It's also great to use throughout the day when you want to hydrate your face makeup. I definitely recommend this product.
Hannah T.
Hannah T.
Toronto

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this product. I've been using it for a little over 5 years now and have yet to find a complaint. It's perfect for blending everything together a bit more, keeping everything in place throughout the day, and give your skin a bit of a glow. I usually get the most compliments on my skin when I've finished with this spray, and anytime I'm getting ready with friends they ask to borrow it. It's really light and I love the fresh smell and feeling of spraying it. Also, I'm not sure if it's the most sanitary, but I have had this bottle FOREVER and have only just reached the half way point.
I had horrible skin growing up, acne and sun burns and red blotchy spots all the time, so making sure my skin looks great has always been a small obsession of mine. Even now that most of those teenage hormones have ceased their war on my face, I still take extra care in skin products and having that perfect canvas for the rest of my makeup. This spray is the cherry on top of my skin makeup routine.
Dana D.
Dana D.

This product is great for me and I am not saying it just because it's so popular among the youtubers and all over the internet. It really does make a difference in my makeup throughout the day. I always apply it before and after my makeup. Applying it before it gives me the sensation of fresh skin and also I feel that my foundation applies better when I spray the product. Everytime I am using this people are asking me what foundation I use that looks so natural and in the same time having smooth and glowy skin. I have dry skin and I always have the impression that my foundation and all that I apply on my face make it even more dryer The thing that I like the most about it is the final finish. It feels like it soaks all the "excess" of my makeup letting a dewy looking skin. Also I like the smell because it's subtle and fresh.
Even if it's a little expensive I feel like it last forever because I don't have to use only a little amount of product. One bottle lasted me 5 months after using it everyday.
Mayra R.
Mayra R.

I have normal/oily skin. I get oily in my t-zone. I have used fix plus recently to see if the hype over this product was true. I can't really say whether it worked better than similar products because I really have paid much attention to know of other setting sprays I have tried actually did what they claimed. I will say that I applied it before my makeup and did notice a better application. Seemed smoother. It works well to set too. Wore full makeup makeup in the summer with the sun blaring in me and it held up very well despite my sweating. So I would recommend that you give this a try if you're looking for a setting spray. Awesome for fooling shadows as well. Which means if you are unaware, that you would spray your brush first to apply the eyeshadow wet. This is fine with metallic shades to make them pop more. You can also do this for highlighters as well. But be warned that depending on the shade it may seem like too much so I don't really do it. But it works.
Nadine D.
Nadine D.

There is nothing like it! This is my fourth bottle! I also have the urban decay one, but I like this better. If I really want my makeup to stay on, I will dab some of this spray on my eyelids before applying eyeshadow. I have tried so many eye primers, but none of them hold my eyeshadow like this spray does! The scent is lighter and not as strong. I can't stand the smell of the NYX or E.L.F or Urban Decay setting sprays; they smell awful. This does take about a minute to dry. If I am in a hurry, I put my face near a fan to quicken the process. Warning: if you already applied mascara, sometimes it makes it come off on your skin because of how wet it is. To avoid that problem I either spray it on before mascara or I spray it sparingly after mascara. If my face looks too powdery, I spray this one as a last effort to make the look more dewy. I would recommend it to every beauty novice. It is one of my favorite products out of ALL of my makeup and I use it everyday.
Holly H.
Holly H.

Is this product good for dry skin??
Lorena J.
Lorena J.

patty a.
patty a.
Bronx, NY

What is your favorite way of using this product besides to set your face?
Olivia N.