BY MAC COSMETICS #1 in Face Primer

• Is it silicone based?2 Answers
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this stuff. I admit I fell for the st#pid hype. Yes I did. But not for any radical makeup setting powers people claimed this water looking stuff had. Instead I was in love with what I seen with my own two eyes with how it was used to wet a brush to change a finish or intensify pigment. Loved it.
So I purchased a full size bottle and I use it almost daily to change my subdued shimmer or matte powders into a gorgeous metallic or super pigmented shadow. Also perfect for wetting my eyeliner brush and using any eyeshadow I own as an eyeliner. Imagine the amount of colored eyeliners I own without having to spend a minimum of 25 a piece on high end colored liners that I will never use up (I've done that more than once and it's a tad annoying).
Thats probably what I like most about this. Using these ultra pigmented wet powders that are just high end shadows and turning them into the most gorgeoys and long lasting liners you've ever seen for the winged liner, the lower lash line and the tightline.
It also doesn't change how your powder eyeshadow is or looks or feels after it dries in the little spot you used unlike other mixing mediums that can change them completely like the MUFE mixing medium which has the same exact use as what I'm using this for but is way more expensive per ounce, way more messy to use and a lot harder to get the hang of.
This has a lot of uses for me and I love that. I find new ones all the time. Its literally a true multi use item. Its great.
If you have dry skin it would be a perfect moisturizing setting spray or primer spray as it has moisturizing properties and caffeine to get the blood flowing. I wouldn't ever recommend these two uses on oily skin like mine as it just makes matters worse way quicker than usual.
Its great to wet down your beauty blender with if its getting dry for some reason or you want a more dewy finish in the areas you're using it in.
It's really great for taking back some of the powdery Ness of using multiple powder products on the face. It kind of makes them look more natural and less dry and powdery while setting them even more. This is an instance where using a small amount over your makeup is ok for oily skin people.
It also can be used over your fav setting powder that has a ton of flashback to take away that flash back.
I couldn't describe all the uses but as you can see there's many and the more you experiment the mkre you can tailor it to your beauty regimen.
I totally recommend. Its a great price for a lot of product. Use it alone to wake your skin up and give it a glow.
This is a product everyone should own.
Jaine R.
Windsor, CT
My makeup routine is predominantly powder and I was in desperate need of a good setting spray. As a really big mac fan of course I went straight to them and I read the reviews of the Prep & Prime Fix Plus. This thing is awesome not only does it smell good it has a very nice light missed that allows it to spray on your skin evenly. I like to use it before and after to set all the powder that I use. A nice little trick I also like to do is I like to add Mac tan pigment about a tablespoon to the bottom mix it up and use it as my base and as my top setting spray. You can also use it alone on the day that you don't want a full face of makeup and it adds an extra dewy glowy finish that I think is awesome. If you don't want that do we blow up all the time then you can leave one bottle regular and use the pigment and another bottle.
Dariya H.
Port orange, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
This guy is the o.g. Of primers and setting sprays. Back before primers and setting sprays were mainstream and part of most make up routines, this product was on the market. I have tried many other primers and setting sprays, but this is a staple no matter what else is in my regimen. I love that it doubles as a primer and setting spray. Are use this for low maintenance looks as well as when I caking on my face, it is very versatile. This product can also be used if you just need a little bit of refreshment on the face and don’t feel like wearing make up, or just feel like wearing a tiny bit of make up. This is great for someone who wants to spruce up the wear and longevity of their makeup without spending a lot of money or buying multiple products.
Annie C.
Milwaukee, WI
Beauty Junkie Expert
Okay I just found out about this product recently I always use a different type of setting spray I have oily skin and this was perfect for me I used it to wet my brush for my sparkly eyeshadows gave the eyeshadow so much more pigment after I was done but first I sprayed it on all over my face before beginning to apply my Foundation then I did my eyeshadows and sprayed the brush with this product then after I was done applying all my makeup I also sprayed my highlighting brush with this as well it picks up the pigment of the products and make some sparkle even brighter but it doesn't give you that sparkly look where it's not pleasing it gives you just pure pigment it is the most wonderful thing I've ever used after I was done placing all my makeup on I finished it all off now mind you that this is not a setting spray that makes your makeup last all day long this is more like a a finishing spray to spruce up your makeup I actually use it together with Urban Decay all nighter setting spray first I would spray my face with this and then put the all-nighter on and I mean it's just amazing quite pricey for the amount of product you get well it's really not that bad because you are getting a lot of product but when you spray a lot of it as I tend to do you do run out quite fast I've actually went through two bottles in a month's time cuz I even use it to freshen my face up throughout the day one specially when I have makeup and it's just great freshens the look
Krystle K.
Sewell, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
i bought a mini one at ulta to see what the hype was about and i didnt want to fully commit to a big bottle just yet. it smells so refreshing first off! i bought it with not just the intention of a setting spray but because its such a versatile product. i have pretty ouly skin so setting sprays are tricky for me in general but i used this in between powdering my skin to make it melt into my skin and not look so powdery and also to add hydration. as for just strictly a setting spray it didnt help curb my oils throughout the day as much as id like to see. however i will definitely be keeping this in my routine for the versatility!
Kaylin F.
Plaistow, NH
Beauty Junkie Expert
The thing that I really like this product for is to spray over my makeup to make it look more skin like and ensure that it doesn't look cakey, and for this I think this product is great. As far as a setting spray to make your makeup last longer I don't think that this is the best product for that. I think if you want a spray that will really keep your makeup looking perfect, then the Urban Decay setting sprays are the way to go. But if you want to just make your makeup look freshly applied and aren't worried about lasting then this is a good pick.
Alexis K.
nassau county
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love to spray the fix plus on my face before I start my makeup as a makeup base/primer to help my makeup last longer on my face. Not only does it feel good on my skin but it also has a nice scent to it. It comes out in a fine mist and doesn’t ever leave my skin feeling tacky or sticky. I also like to spray it in again after my makeup is completely finished to not only keep my makeup from looking powdery/cakey but also to lock the makeup into place so it doesn’t shift through out the day.
Selena L.
Lynn, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
HOLY GRAIL!!! If it wasnt for this product I believe MAC would no longer exist!!! THIS IS A MUST HAVE ITEM! I suggest everyone to try it out. I love how it sprays getting every area of the face. The packaging it wonderful you turn the cap to lock and unlock which prevents it from leaking in your makeup bag. Ive been through 5 bottles. My makeup stays in place very well, i usually grab this item when going on a date night or clubbing :) MAC Prep + Prime Fix+
Kat J.
TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
A friend got me this as a gift and I really like it, but not for its main purpose... This does nothing for me when it comes to priming or setting, but I do like using it to apply my eyeshadows wet and make the colors more dramatic... It also works amazing to fix tiny makeup mistakes that you would rather blend away than outright remove. I use Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray to set my makeup and Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer to prime, but I still enjoy incorporating MAC Fix Spray into my makeup routine...
Gretchen S.
Willowick, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this product, and although I'm still working my way through my first bottle, I will ensure that it is always stocked in my collection. I use it for a few purposes. The first being for added hydration when needed. I am generally very oily, but there are certain days (especially when it is very dry outside), that my normal routine of mattifying moisturizer, primer, foundation and powder, leaves me with some dry patches or overall feeling tight. Those are the times that this spray comes in handy. I spray it whenever I feel that I'm a little dry and need some hydration or whenever I feel that my powder left me looking a little cakey. It works like a charm every time! It takes away any dry patches or cakeyness that I may have. In addition, I use it to wet brushes for applying some shimmer eyeshadows to give them a metallic look. I love this product and can't recommend it enough! It is so versatile!
Holly H.
Is this product good for dry skin??
patty a.
What is your favorite way of using this product besides to set your face?
Lorena J.