Add a Photo

By MAC COSMETICS
#113 in Lip Gloss

The highly popular Patentpolish Lip Pencil returns as your go-to magic wand for high-impact lips, with a single swipe imbuing the ultimate high-gloss shine. Enjoy colour in an expanded range of 14 shades. This sleek, all-in-one tool offers the comfort of a balm, the colour and sheen of a gloss and the precision of a lip pencil. With an effortless twist-up applicator, you'll never have to sharpen.

Photos (12)
Jhaala C.
Jhaala C.
Ceres, CA

I love MAC, but I abandoned the lip products a long time ago. I saw this online and decided to try it in the store. It's exactly what I've been looking for! A little creamy, sheer but build-able, and lasts for a few hours. It can be worn for a slight tint or a more saturated look. I can't wear lipsticks right now bc my lips are too dry and always peeling, so this is perfect. The patentpolish doesn't get stuck in the cracks; it actually smooths my lips. Surprisingly moisturizing.
However, the swatches shown online are a little deceiving. Just something to keep in mind.
Also, I wish it was a little cheaper, like the lip glass.
Jenna T.
Jenna T.

I received this free as my anniversary gift for being a MAC select member. I could choose any color and I chose kittenish. It is a mauvey pink your lips but better type of color which is perfect for me since I am a stay at home mom. I had read reviews on a different website that were not too fond of this but since it was free I got it. And I am impressed. It gives off great pigmentation with a slightly glossy look. When it wears away it leaves a stain on your lips. I didn't find it drying like some Mac lipsticks either. I would definitely repurchase when I run out and I'm thinking of added a new shade as well!
Lauren J.
Lauren J.

I actually received this product for free, as an anniversary gift from MAC, just for being a MAC select member for a year. I hadn't tried these lip polish pencils prior. So, I had a tough time choosing between the colors, which were limited at the store that I went to. I typically like light pinks, hot pink, and nudes. There weren't many of those. Fearless and Kittenish were the two that I was torn between. I ended up going with the shade Kittenish. And I have to say, I think I like it. I've only worn it once. But, it was a pretty nice shade. Thinking about trying out another one, eventually.
Elizabeth T.
Elizabeth T.

I picked the color in Look Lively for my free anniversary gift from M.A.C. It is a very light color while also bright. I find that it applies best when being dabbed on the lips instead of swiped on the lips. When swiped on the lips, if there are any dry patches or bits of skin that are not perfectly smooth it tends to gather in those areas and draw attention to them. The color lasted two to three hours before it was pretty much completely worn off. It did last longer with a lip liner, but that altered the color of the patent polish lip pencil which is sheer, but moderately buildable.
Kerragan G.
Kerragan G.
Temperance

While I enjoyed the butteriness and softness of the product, I found that it did not last on my lips very well. It faded very quickly, making it not worth the price and not a product that I would purchase again. I definitely enjoyed the color selection and the pigmentation of the product, but I would not choose it over the MaryKayAtPlay lip crayons. The MAC Patentpolish Lip Pencil also applied very splotchy and unevenly. I would definitely not recommend this product. Some great alternatives would be the NARS lip crayon and the Mary Kay product I mentioned earlier.
Kimberly B.
Kimberly B.

I love a good matte lip, and so wear mattes majority of the time. Patent Polish Lip Pencils are amazing for wear under mattes and also in between wearing them. These help to hydrate the lips! It's like lipstick, lip glass and lip conditioner had a baby!!! Love the high sheen my lips get while wearing this without feeling sticky. I sometimes add a lip pencil to get more coverage, I find doing multiple layers of this also helps to build up the coverage some more. Tip: I use on my cheeks as a cream blush as well. Great for on the go, simple yet sophisticated looks!
Kate N.
Kate N.
Lincoln, NE

I like this color to go under almost any other color I wear. It keeps my lip liner collection to a minimum and I don't have to match the liner to the stick! I am not a fan of how chunky this one is because I feel that I can't get a precise line going but it is still a product I find myself reaching for. I actually like to use this sometimes as my full lip color, adding a Chapstick or gloss over it. I would recommend this to anyone with the intentions that they won't be using it for precise lines but more for an all over color.
Katherine R.
Katherine R.
Dresden, ME

I'm always hesitant when I see a product that claims to be two products in one—but this product proved me wrong. It's first and foremost a pencil, but has a subtle gloss-like sheen. Go for a neutral color and this is a great work-day pencil, for choose a bright pencil for color that will last all night. Don't let the plain packaging fool you—this is a quality lip color that will last all day or night. I wear over a lip balm to make the color even smoother and even shinier for a glam look.
Stephanie R.
Stephanie R.
Toms River, NJ

MAC products are awesome but their lip products are absolutely impeccable. The formula is the best in the business as far as I'm concerned and this specific product has some serious pigment to it. It's easy to use and apply and it doesn't need to be worked in for color to show up it works beautifully with one stroke of the pencil! If you're makeup collection is as big as mine, it's not complete without a MAC lip pencil and this one is the cutest!
Nikki B.
Nikki B.
Odenton, MD

I will never buy another brand of lip liner ever again. MAC is always, ALWAYS the best. The tube seems to last forever where as a lot of other brands I feel like I only get a handful of uses before I need to go get more. And MACs color goes on beautifully with a pretty matte finish and then, and this is the best part, stays put all day. Use it as liner or fill in your whole lips. It looks amazing either way. I'm obsessed with this stuff.
Zeba Z.
Zeba Z.

Hi I been looking for great lip pencils and I was wondering if the mac lip pencil was good? And how did it help apply liquid lipstick??
Bridgette K.
Bridgette K.
Flagstaff, AZ

How hard is this to apply?
Sadaf M.
Sadaf M.

Is this a good quality product ? And worth the purchase ? How does it last? Thanks Xo
Julie H.
Julie H.

I like having colour on my lips, is this lip pencil worth the buy. I would love to sample this.
Brittany M.
Brittany M.
Lynnwood , WA

What is your favorite shade? I am torn between Clever & French Kiss. I am ordering online and it is so hard to tell !

Join Now