8 colors available

BY MAC COSMETICS #39 in Liquid Foundation

New foundation technology using translucent pigments to enable a fully personalized finish influenced by the subtleties of your own skin's undertone. Moisturizing demi-matte finish. Medium buildable coverage. Line-reducing soft-focus powders. Color(s): 01.0, 01.5, 02.0, 03.0, 04.0, 05.0, 06.0, 07.0, 07.5, 08.0, 08.5, 09.0, 09.5, 10.0. Brand: M.A.C. Style Name: MAC 'Matchmaster' Foundation SPF 15. Style Number: 389588. see more...

• MAC Matchmaster Foundation1 Answers
  • Is this a light-weight foundation? Does it leave a matte or shiny c...2 Answers
  • Is this the best foundation for oily skin?1 Answers
Buy on Nordstrom
  • "This foundation is in fact great and easy to apply but whether or not it completely matches my skin tone would be a understatement. " in 9 reviews
  • "If you are looking for minimal coverage almost like a BB cream this will do the job or if you are looking for a flawless full coverage it will work beautifully as well." in 6 reviews
  • "I love that this gives great coverage and gives a smooth finish especially a matte finish not interested this is not for you its no where near a dewy finish but works well in summer or winter" in 5 reviews
  • "I would highly recommend this product all the way if I could give it 10 stars I would." in 3 reviews
Michell A.
Michell A.
Monterrey, NL
I always had a problem in terms of finding the perfect foundation so one day as I was reading reviews for different brands I found MAC's Matchmaster. It was highly recommended so I decided to give it a try. I live in Mexico and it's reaaaally hot hahaha plus I have oily skin... Yeah, I know. So blessed, right? Lol Well, so I bought it and it's p e r f e c t. I love it! It matched my skin tone veeery well and and it's not oily. Oh and it lasts, for me, almost all day! If you're wondering if this foundation gives you a matte finish... Well, no, unfortunately. But if you have oily skin, it doesn't add you mooore oily texture. It's very smooth and light, you won't feel like you're carrying something on your face. It lasted five months for me. You don't need much to cover, even tho is medium cover. I know that unfortunately some products don't work the same for all, but I would really give this foundation a try. :) I'll attach a photo with the foundation on natural light.
Keia C.
Keia C.
Atlanta, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
By far the BEST foundation I have ever used in my 8 years of wearing foundation! If you are looking for light to full coverage, or for oily to dry skin, this is your foundation! I like how versatile this foundation is. My twin sister and I both matched to the same color but with different skin types. Which is amazing that this foundation can cover a variety of skin tones yet still be versatile for oily or dry skin. The blend and the finish is seamless, it can be used with drug store products as well and compliments even better. Not only does it not require any touch ups through out the day but it also withstands water! (Yes that's right water!), this is the holy grail of all foundations and I am so happy that MAC out did themselves with this foundation!
Lesly G.
Lesly G.
Like with tinted moisturizer, sheer coverage is great for anyone with naturally good skin, or who is prepared to do some extra concealing once it’s applied. There are no ingredients that will exacerbate acne or clog pores, but the level of coverage and satin finish won’t do much for anyone trying to mask skin problems. While you can layer Face and Body to a more medium coverage, it is never going to disguise major blemishes, hide large pores, or block oil. Face and Body also includes parabens, preservative ingredients we feel comfortable recommending, but we’re aware they aren’t for everyone.At first touch, it feels like wiping colored water on your face, which is strange if you’re used to a creamier formula — but it’s also quite refreshing.
Bayan R.
Bayan R.
Oak Park, IL
Review for: MAC Matchmaster Foundation
When I first got this foundation I was in love and used it everyday! I got it in that shade 1.0. I'm normal to dry skinned and I like a semi matte finish to my foundation. It was very good coverage, a medium, but buildable coverage that looked sooo natural and not cakey at all and for the first time I could match my color with a MAC shade. They're usually wayyy too yellow for my skin tone. Only problems were that it was a little too drying for my face since the finish was super matte (even though I applied moisturizer before), and its one of their most expensive foundations. It is a big bottle with a pump though! Usually used two pumps for my entire face and applied with q sponge! Definitely a plus!
Brooklyn M.
Brooklyn M.
Lake Elsinore, CA
Review for: MAC Matchmaster Foundation
This was a really good foundation, it was even my go-to for awhile. It has a definite medium coverage and it's slightly build able but I wouldn't call it full coverage. I have some dark marks on my cheek and it definitely helped but never completely evened everything out. It does however, wear fantastic and I never had a problem with it cracking at my smile lines. On my skin it set pretty dewy and I always set it with a powder except days I wanted a fresher look. I would dab an extra coat under my eyes and I would never have to highlight. The color range was amazing and it was seriously one of the few foundation yellow enough for my skins but it definitely did blend with my skin tones well
Bekah H.
Bekah H.
Franklin, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've gone through several bottles of this foundation. It definitely provides full coverage! The only thing I wasn't a huge fan of was that this foundation goes on a shade lighter, and "matches" your skin tone in the next 30 minutes to an hour. But in the fall after I have lost some of my summer color, I would apply the foundation thinking it looked great! And then an hour later I would look in the mirror and realize it was not the shade I had thought! I would have that awful streak under my jaw line. So just be cautious which shade you are applying. Other than that, the actual formula is amazing!
Alexis F.
Alexis F.
Review for: MAC Matchmaster Foundation
I wanted to love this foundation so much! It was the first Mac foundation product I purchased and I had very high hopes. I ordered mine in the shade 1.5 and I'm usually an NW15. I have dry skin, and it didn't do well, it flaked off and dehydrated my face even more. It only lasted about 2 hours before it got flakey. It only gave a sheer to light coverage, and as for matching my skin tone, I would really say it did. I would recommend this to anyone who has oily skin or normal skin and uses a lot of moisturizer. And for the price, I think there's many foundations out there that can do more.
Review for: MAC Matchmaster Foundation
Its very hard finding that one perfect foundation that goes along with your skin tone and having all the best characteristics you need from it but this one does. I started using it last year and seen a lot of changes with the foundations i was using before , the great fact is that i can use it in any season i want to and it's good for oily skin. Although it's like $35 , i promise it's worth it (if applied can go up to 2 days without washing with little amount used). It is the only foundation i use right now and i would recommend it for anyone especially people with very bad acne.
brandie b.
brandie b.
Redding, Ca
Review for: MAC Matchmaster Foundation
I have been using this particular brand for as long as I've been wearing makeup which is 10ish years. I have tried other brands from time to time but I am very fair skin so color matching is hard enough. but #macfoundation has always stayed on and looked they most natural where I honestly only put it on my nose and cheeks with my chin.. and no one can tell I don't even put makeup on my forehead even with getting all dolled up with eye shadow and lipstick. the smell is a pretty good quality on it as well cause some foundations have an off smell to them as it is
Danika W.
Danika W.
Columbus, OH
This product used to be my everyday foundation before switching. What I like about it is that is super light weight, non-drying and technology really helps it match your skin perfectly. However, if you have oily skin, this is not the foundation for you. By the end of the day it is very oily and uncomfortable. Also, this is not full-coverage friendly. You have to use a lot to obtain full coverage, and by the end of the day your imperfections will be very visible. Probably a good foundation for beginners or those with few imperfections.
Amy J.
Amy J.
Belfast, Antrim
What is the best drugstore foundation??
Janine V.
Janine V.
I have been looking for a new foundation and was curious about the Mac one, I have a friend who loves it and a sister who hates it so I need more opinions of those who have tried it! Haha I basically want to know if it looks natural or if it is more cakey. thanks!
mirella d.
mirella d.
Los Angeles, CA
Does this mac foundation cover all or just little i want it to try it but not too sure.
I really like this foundation but it would add to much shine to my face (oily). Can someone recommend me anything better? Something that would last long but wouldn't make your face color look too flat?
I brought this foundation a couple of weeks ago and evertime time i have used it i found it took it took a really long time to buff into the skin. Would anyone know how to make this foundation easier to work with?