BY MAC COSMETICS #2 in Lipstick

A lipstick with hundreds of hues. The iconic product that made M·A·C famous.

Formulated to shade, define and showcase the lips. Hundreds of hues, high-fashion textures. The iconic product that made M·A·C famous.

Teen Vogue 2014 Readers Choice Beauty Awards: Best Red (Ruby Woo)

• Amplified: cream finish

• What MAC lipstick is your favorite? 369 Answers
  • Whats your favorite MAC lipstick? Mine are shy girl and hue MAC ...21 Answers
  • Has anyone tried shy girl??? LOVE LOVE LOVE2 Answers
Buy on ULTA
  • "The only lipstick i purchase is MAC, i refuse to buy any other lipstick, there are so many colors to choose from and the color pay off is awesome. It is even better when you put in on your lips. There is a different color for everyone. It is also very long lasting and it doesn't feel nasty on your lips after a long period of time wearing it. " in 4204 reviews
  • "The only lipstick i purchase is MAC, i refuse to buy any other lipstick, there are so many colors to choose from and the color pay off is awesome. It is even better when you put in on your lips. There is a different color for everyone. It is also very long lasting and it doesn't feel nasty on your lips after a long period of time wearing it. " in 4179 reviews
  • "I love how creamy mac lipsticks are! The color payoff is amazing. I just really wish it was cheaper!" in 3677 reviews
  • "The only lipstick i purchase is MAC, i refuse to buy any other lipstick, there are so many colors to choose from and the color pay off is awesome. It is even better when you put in on your lips. There is a different color for everyone. It is also very long lasting and it doesn't feel nasty on your lips after a long period of time wearing it. " in 1320 reviews
  • "I have also tried MAC's foundation and eye liner, and must say, this is the best makeup I have used in a very long time." in 277 reviews
Madison H.
Rockmart, GA
Review for: Russian Red, Crème Cup more...
Out of my collection, I chose my favorite and least favorite MAC lipstick to review. Firstly, they are rather expensive for a lipstick ranging from $16-18 depending on where you buy it from however the quality of most of the shades make it completely worth the investment. The scent is one of my favorite things (it's like a sweet, soft vanilla) along with the classic, iconic, sleek, black packaging-- when someone pulls a MAC lipstick from their bag, it's apparent! I'll start with Russian Red. This is my holy grail red lipstick. It has a blue base so it makes your teeth look whiter and is rather flattering on everyone. I use it in collaboration with  NYX Suede Matte Lip Liner in Kitten Heels because the shades are nearly identical. It is a matte finish however it is not drying and I have never had a problem with it feathering. I use a small lip brush to apply it more precisely than directly from the bullet. I always get compliments on the shade and I've found it to be pretty universally flattering on every skin tone! On to Creme Cup. I wanted to love this shade. Years ago, every Youtube beauty guru touted this as their favorite but I did not have a good experience with it. For my skintone, it is not flattering. It washed me out and made my teeth look yellow. The lipstick was grainy from the glitter within it and I could feel it on my lips. I had problems with it becoming streaky, as if while I was putting it on, the lipstick bullet was removing some from my lip as I passed over the same area twice. I've seen it look great on other people however it just was not my cup of tea. Overwhelmingly, MAC lipsticks are my favorite MAC product and, with their extensive shade range, I will continue to return and purchase them!
Kaylin C.
Review for: Pure Zen, Pearly One more...
MAC's matte lipstick formulation is spot-on. They don't dry out my lips or settle in the lines, emphasizing dryness. Instead, they're creamy while still being matte, and the scent is amazing. One of the best parts of MAC lipstick, to me, is the vanilla scent they all have. I highly recommend trying a few MAC lipsticks in the store and going swatch-crazy on your hand. They have a variety of finishes available and hundreds of colors, so you're bound to find one you love

My favorite finish of MAC lipsticks is definitely the mattes. I currently own Whirl, Men Love Mystery, and So Select. So Select was a limited edition shade available for MAC's Select members earlier this year. It's a pretty "dirty rose" shade and the color is a "your lips but better" one for me, subtle but pretty. Whirl is probably the second most "wearable" shade after So Select. It's darker than So Select on me, although also described as a "Dirty Rose" by MAC's website. Seeing at theme here? Men Love Mystery is definitely a unique shade. If you've ever wanted a matte electric lavender, this is the one for you! I never would've picked this shade for myself, but when a girl from school with similar features to mine looked fabulous in it, I had to pick it up. I wear it more in the Spring and Summer because I like the way it looks with a bit of a tan, and it's just a more vibrant color.

I highly recommend that all lipstick lovers pick up at least one MAC lipstick if they haven't already! I remember the luxurious feeling of buying my very first one fairly recently. The lipstick bullets are sleek and modern, and look awesome in your acrylic lipstick holder. But that's not really the important part.
Renee C.
Review for: Velvet Teddy more...
I only recently started buying MAC lipsticks, and I am addicted! For me, the Matte Lipsticks are the best. Long-lasting and superior quality - I do not find them to be drying, but I always use chapstick first. I love Russian Red, but she will get on my teeth at least once - a beautiful blue-red that makes my teeth look whiter! She is the only one I have the teeth "issue" with, but I'm sure it has to do with her intense pigment. I wouldn't trade her for anything. Velvet Teddy is my favorite so far, I bought a small tube and simply adore her. She is a beige-nude, and I pair her with Doubletime pro longwear lip pencil (a pinky-brown nude). I also get many compliments on Sending Love (limited edition, a pinky-nude with high-shine cremesheen finish). Although I wish she were matte, I like this finish better than Satin. I thought I would love Twig, but it is a Satin finish. She did better with no chapstick and a more dry lip pencil , but is not my favorite.  I am patiently waiting on my order for Mehr (close to Twig, but more pink), Candy Yum-Yum, and Pink Plaid - all Mattes with blue undertones. Again, I love the durability and long-lasting wear of these lipsticks. I have trouble with many other lipsticks that make my lips tingle - there is an ingredient in "cheaper" ones that I react to. I have never had any issue with MAC or tarte, but MAC lasts all day.

Barbara D.
Review for: Russian Red, Velvet Teddy, Runway Hit more...
I have a lot of respect for MAC. Back in the 90s, they released pigmented makeup that appealed to women of all colors -  because of them, that's an absolute given today. They had RuPaul as a spokesmodel and were donating to AIDS charities back when people in my state were waving pitchforks at them. These things made indelible marks on me while I was growing up.

I don't think their lipsticks work for me, personally. Here are the main problems I've had with them:

- The formula is too dry to spread evenly on my lips. It sort of skips, and I have to use the right primer for it to go on smoothly.

- The formula transfers REALLY easily. It's not such a big deal with nudes, but Russian Red got on my teeth, got smudged in random trajectories at the slightest brush of the back of my hand...I loved that color, but it just wasn't sustainable for me. Reapplying every ten minutes during DragonCon. Standing up after a meeting and rushing to make sure my tendency to rest my hand against my chin didn't sabotage me.

Maybe I should have been blotting and reapplying. Laying a tissue over my lips and applying translucent powder. People like me will never understand what those who came before me put up with just to wear the most saturated, perfect reds that anyone could conceive.
Shasha S.
I loveeee this product.
Its long lasting and finshing is amazing.
I love this top most brand.
This is one of my favorites brands and with reasonable price.
I bought this from macy’s .
It gives soft texture on skin.
I would definitely recommend this product and brand too.
Its better to search for offers but price is always same. I would suggest to give offers.
Have different shades of color for different skin tones.
It gives fantastic look for party and for simple makeup also.
It would be too nice if there are some small samples to try before we buy.
Shade is just awesome on my skin and hope for others too.
It has matte texture.
I would definitely buy More n more n more...
I love trying new products and samples tooooooo.
Its bestiest best product I have ever used...
Taylor S.
Kalamazoo
Review for: Brave, Amorous more...
When I was in high school, I never wore lipstick. In fact, I was incredibly self conscious of my thin lips and thought that lipstick looked bad whenever I put it on. About 6 years ago, I had a friend who persuaded me that I was just trying out the wrong lipsticks and needed to try out some at the MAC counter. Fast forward, she was right and it started my love for lipsticks and liquid lips. It also brought along some self love that helped me embrace my thin lips.

The first color I bought was something not too harsh, but not my natural lip color, which ended up being Brave. This lipstick to this day, is still my all time favorite. It is SO beautiful!!! If you are looking for a gorgeous pink lip to rock, this is the one for you.

These lipsticks are not only beautiful in the tube, but on the lips as well. Not drying at all and does not settle in the fine lines of your lips. Seriously, I recommend this to everyone who is looking for a ride or die lipstick.

Even though I have only tried two MAC lipstick colors out in total, I am about to make my next purchase and it'll be quite a few of them to make up for lost time. Seriously, go purchase these lipsticks. I promise they will not disappoint whatsoever.
Tabitha R.
Review for: Angel more...
These lipsticks are my most used, and grabbed for. People have Mac lipstick collections for a reason. The pieces that they’ve orchestrated, and instilled over the years is remarkable. Some of their pieces are so timeless, and elegant. For the people that don’t have those limited edition, and exclusive lipsticks it sucks. Because, those are some of their best ones as well. Mac is such a highly respectable brand in my eyes, and everyone else’s. I feel they have evolved so much. ..yet; they have nothing, but amazing things still in store for us. I’m always excited for what’s to come when Mac releases something new, especially their lipsticks. Keep it going Mac. You are, & will always be a cult classic, and iconic brand.
Ellen K.
Brooklyn, New York
Review for: Kinda Sexy, Faux more...
You can't go wrong with a mac lipstick. Mac has my all-time favorite formulas for lipstick and I find that there is one for everyone's needs. My favorite finishes are the satin and mattes. The matte formula is pretty comfortable for how long lasting and transfer proof it is. The satin formula is super comfortable and not as transfer proof but looks really good on the lips. One of my favorite things about these lipsticks is that they have so many colors that you're bound to find one that you LOVE. My favorite colors are Faux (satin) and Kinda Sexy (matte). Faux is a cool toned mauve pink that looks so natural and is a really good your lips but better color. Kinda sexy is a great warm-toned rosy nude that looks good with almost any look. Overall I think any mac lipstick is a good investment to make especially if your into makeup or have a gift card.
Koey B.
Bradenton
Review for: Velvet Teddy more...
I purchased MAC Velvet Teddy during the ULTA sale just a few weeks ago.  I never would have been able to try it otherwise, so I was super thrilled when I saw a tiny Velvet Teddy (the exact shade I wanted!) available for only $12.00.  I tried it the day after it arrived and I am super impressed with this lip color.  I really thought it might be a bit gimmick-y, and just an average lipstick with a nice color.  The color is wonderful - especially for what looks to be a typical nude shade.  It brings out warm brown tones and even just wearing nothing but this lip makes me look and feel a LOT more put together.  Having depression means very few of those kinds of days.  The formula is not drying at all but it is a relatively matte finish.  Overall, one of the rare 5 stars I will give to a product!
Kaylin F.
Plaistow, NH
Review for: Smoked Purple, Vegas Volt, Girl About Town, Hot Gossip, Ruby Woo, Morange, Russian Red, Velvet Teddy, Crème In Your Coffee, Snob, Heroine, Diva, Chili, Cyber, Peach Blossom, Saigon Summer, Please Me, Up The Amp, Saint Germain, Pure Zen, Candy Yum-Yum, Pink Pearl Pop, Syrup, Rebel, Hang-Up, Other more...
Over the time that I've been wearing makeup and started buying and collecting more I've gotten around 30 MAC lipsticks. The quality is really nice. They have a really light vanilla scent, the packaging is very sleek looking and I love when they have the limited edition tubes. Nearly all of them are comfortable to wear and I think they have a color for everyone. They come in a variety of finishes and I think I've tried just about all of them, they all feel really nice and moisturizing with the exception of a few matte ones that feel quite dry (Ruby Woo for example) but for the most part they feel really nice to wear. They do transfer or fade when you're eating and drinking so you will need to touch these up but MAC doesn't claim that they hold up all day (like some liquid lipsticks do), for a normal lipstick tube this is to be expected. I've switched to wearing mostly matte liquid lipsticks but I still wear some of my MAC ones, some of my holy grail lipstick shades are MAC like syrup (my favorite), velvet teddy, up the amp, rebel, and hang up. Over the years the prices have been slowly increasing as people are starting to spend more on other high end lipsticks but I think that generally these are worth the price.
Tracy M.
What MAC lipstick is your favorite?
Corie C.
Charlotte, NC
Is it true if you take empty containers you get a free product?
Karina A.
Is it really worth buy a Mac Lipsticks??
patty a.
Davia G.
Huntsville, AL
Would the fact that a portion of all sales given to a charity make you want to purchase it more?