BY MAC COSMETICS #88 in Mascara

M·A·C's lightweight whipped formula adds dense volume, extends length and creates curl, while conditioning for softness and flexibility. The gigantic moulded brush stores the optimal amount of mascara in three reservoirs that allow for the maximum amount of mascara with each stroke, while keeping the lashes from clumping together. The tip of the brush allows for precision in accentuating lower lashes and small hairs at the corners of the eye. The final result: extreme dimension that won't smudge, clump or flake.

• Why would you recommend this over other mascaras ?8 Answers
  • I want to know if it makes your lashes look all the same length bec...1 Answers
  • I have stubborn lashes that don't stay curled. Does this mascara re...2 Answers
Buy on Jet.com*
Alexa C.
Alexa C.
Clermont, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
First of all, let me start by saying I'm a total mascara snob and not in a way that I  exclusively use designer/high end but rather I stay away from some particular brands because I've had nothing but terrible experiences with them. I have extremely watery eyes so waterproof mascara is absolute must for me. It makes me beyond happy this comes in a waterproof formula! The wand in this baby is absolutely amazing and gets every single individual lash, even the super tiny ones (that I didn't even know existed until I started using this) in the inner corners of my eyes. It isn't clumpy, it doesn't flake and the tube the wand and formula comes in is quite interesting! I have several samples of the regular form and I also have six from the Work It Out collection. YES!!!
Dena D.
Dena D.
My favorite mascara of ALL time. Black? Check. Volumizing? Check. Lengthening? Check. Flakes? Nope! Smudges? Nope! Washes easily? Yep! This mascara does it all. It's definitely not waterproof, although they have a waterproof version, but I haven't tried it so I can't speak to it. I will admit, it is a wetter formula, especially brand new, and I like my lashes somewhat clumpy. Not like 4 lashes clumpy, but extra thick. Ppl always ask if I'm wearing falsies. I have decent lashes but this one rly does the trick. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! I'm on my 6th tube!
Megan E.
Megan E.
Favorite mascara I have ever used. I always come back to this one. It makes my eyelashes look so long, dark and thick. I already have naturally long eyelashes but since my eyelashes are blonde this mascara really helps them stand out and show how long they really are. The brush on the mascara wand I really love, too. Plus this mascara stays on really well! I've only had it smudge under my eyes a teeny bit but compared to other mascaras I really love this one the most.
Lyss E.
Lyss E.
Trenton, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought this mascara awhile ago from a MAC counter. It's a typical priced mascara, and you get the same amount of product as you would any. The only downfall I saw with this was the smell- smells like strong chemicals/paint. Wouldn't recommend for daily use near the eye area.. But it was very Black & pigmented. No false lashes would be needed when using this. Gets clumpy/spidery towards the end. I might think about repurchasing once I run out of mascaras.
Vondah B.
Vondah B.
McDonough, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I LOVE that this mascara feels light even when I've applied quite a few cots. When it's called extreme dimensions it means it, it's super volumizing, lengthening and curling! My lashes feel soft even after three coats. I love the way it gives me lashes like a doll! I like the brush, I think the brush is the reason it doesn't clump. It doesn't smudge or flake like most which makes it very easy to get even the shortest of bottom lashes.
Kelsey B.
Kelsey B.
This is the best mascara I have ever tried. I completely swear by this product and would recommend it to anyone.  I thankfully have already pretty full lashes, but even my mom who isn't as blessed loves this. When wearing this mascara, I would always get asked if I was wearing fake eyelashes.  I never had a problem with flakes or taking it off before bed. The formula is liquidy for the first couple of uses, but then it's perfect.  I recently switched to all cruelty free products, so I unfortunately don't use this anymore and I miss it so much.
Sara E.
Sara E.
Baltimore, MD
Beauty Junkie Expert
There are not enough stars to accurately rate this product - that is how much I love LOVE this mascara.  Dramatic? No it is that much of a game changer.  I was gifted this product back in 2015 and it is literally the ONLY mascara I will use.  Not only does it give amazing added length and volume it never looks clumpy or spidery.  Just long natural looking lashes.  110% would recommend to every single person I know.
Kristen F.
Kristen F.
Clinton, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I used this mascara for YEARS before realizing I could get better ones. My inexperience with makeup make me think this mascara did the job. It definitely lengthened my lashes but it also left them a little clumped together and spidery. I will always have an attachment to this as I started to get into makeup, but this mascara wand and formula is in need of a 'face lift' now.
jaylin P.
jaylin P.
Boise
Beauty Junkie Expert
Got this in my September Birchbox as one of my samples. It lasts until I remove my makeup at night. Seems pricey for the overall outcome, I have blue eyes and decently long lashes, and it didn't seem to make them "extreme" I won't be purchasing a full size, wasn't very impressed.
Tammi M.
Tammi M.
Quincy, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This was the sample I chose for Birchbox this month because I used to love MAC mascara's. The wand is huge and pcisk up a lot of product so you do have to take some off. The formula is good but does tend to clump up. However this will give you lashes that are big and bold. We're talking almost false lash level. So it lives up to the name.
Chyan T.
Chyan T.
Covington, GA
Why would you recommend this over other mascaras ?
Jessica C.
Jessica C.
Woodstock, GA
Does this mascara give length and volume without all the clumping?
Gabbuddy W.
Gabbuddy W.
Where can I get this??
Jaimie W.
Jaimie W.
Brunswick, OH
How is this mascara when putting on natural lashes? Does it stay on well? Does it separate lashes or clump them? How well does the product go on?
Caitlin
Caitlin
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is the MAC In Extreme Dimension Lash Mascara any good in full size? I have a sample size and love the brush and the fact the tube seem to give just the right amount of product on the brush but is the full size the same or does it give out too much? Also is the waterproof better for holding a curl at all?