BY M.A.C. COSMETICS #1 in Powder Foundation

A One-step Powder And Foundation That Gives Skin A Smooth, Flawless, All-matte Finish With Medium-to-full Coverage And A Velvety Texture That Allows Skin To Breathe. Long-wearing, Colour-true, Non-caking, Non-streaking, Non-settling/Creasing, Non-fading – All For 12 Hours. Available In A Wide Range Of Colours.

Key Claims And Benefits:

• Non-caking, 12 Hours
  • Non-settling/Creasing, 12 Hours
  • Photo-friendly

Usage:

• Apply To A Well Moisturized And Prepped Skin With A Fluffy Brush Like The 129sh Or 109 For Lighter Coverage. Apply With The Sponge Applicator For More Coverage. If You Use The Sponge, Make Sure To Replace Your Sponge Every Few Weeks And Store It In The Compartment Underneath The Powder And Not In The Top Compartment With The Powder. Try Finishing Your Studio Fix Application With A Light Veil Of Prep + Prime Fix+ To Give It A Fresh Skin Like Appearance!

Lauren M.
Tampa, FL
Review for: NC40 more...
My everyday foundation! I have freckles and uneven skin tone and this foundation covers it all beautifully! People are always amazed at how photogenic I am, but in all honesty it’s this foundation! I have been wearing it for 10 years now! I’m getting older and my skin is getting more dry (from years of neglecting skin care) I refuse to try messy liquids so I’ve added a collagen moisturizer underneath my foundation and it gives such amazing coverage that lasts all day/night. This foundation can be applied so many different ways to give the coverage you are looking for. The sponge is great and I’ve used it a lot. However, lately I’ve gone to using the real techniques buffing brush (spray it with some filtered water to dampen and brush/pat it on) and it gives such an airbrushed effect it’s amazing. Another huge plus to wearing this as my foundation has been the generous recycle program where I take in my empty containers and get a free lipstick or eyeshadow! The eyeshadows last me years and my lipstick always runs out by the time it’s time to recycle so it saves me tons of money :) There has been a few times in the last 10 years I’ve looked for less expensive or just alternatives in general and I have never found anything like it. I switched from the Chanel ultra wear flawless foundation and have tried everything from Estée Lauder, Laura Mercier, Lancôme you name it, nothing gives me the airbrushed looked like MAC Studio Fix!!
Ashley N.
Harrison, GA
Ehhhh...just Ehhhh. It's nothing special honestly. It applies kind of cakey even with primer. It's easily fixed with rose water spray but what's the point of having to spray something on top (besides setting spray) to help make it less cake. I have oily skin and it does nothing for me. Only reason I gave it 3 stars...It's better than some powder foundations but definitely not the best and I will not repurchase. Sorry MAC
Emily V.
Cincinnati, OH
Purchased at: Macy's
Review for: Other more...
This was my first non-drugstore makeup purchase as a teen, and it is still the best powder foundation I've ever used. I hit pan and then repurchased and then used that one up as well, and by then I'd been exploring other foundations... Never repurchased, but now I'm thinking of heading out to a MAC store and getting some more. It goes on so evenly and smoothly, and the coverage is the definition of buildable--you can do anything from a light dusting to set and add sheer coverage to buffing it on for full coverage. I had tremendously oily skin with severe acne when I was using this product the most, and it still looked smooth despite the patchiness of the breakouts and the general chaos that was my skin. It also stays on for a very long time! I would mist a setting spray over it to give it a little less of a matte look because, being in high school, I didn't want to look too heavily done up... A fantastic product!!
joeny g.
Oakley, CA
GO TO POWDER FOUNDATION
Being that my skin is so dry, I often avoid powder foundations because many just accentuate my dryness. MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation is definitely my holy grail foundation for touching up and adding extra coverage! It applies over all of my different makeup, super well and it does not feel heavy. Many people stray away from Mac products because word of mouth usually says that it’s “cakey” or “heavy” or “too yellow for my skin”, but at Mac they actually have a wide shade range and I am more on the neutral side of the makeup spectrum, but I have the perfect shade which is N25! It has no flashback, and having more sensitive skin, it has not made me breakout either!
TELL ME THAT I LOOK CAKEY I DARE YOU
ANURI 👸.
Hillside , NJ
Purchased at: Macy's
Review for: Other more...
This was my first powder foundation and as a beginner I was really glad I bought this product before getting the confidence to try liquid foundation. First of is matte and natural finish. Is medium coverage and can be full but be careful so it doesn’t appear cakey. I give it a 4 out of 5. Here’s a picture with the powder foundation on.
Luso R.
Glendale, CA
One of my holy grail products thats iv been using since i was a teen and no matter what i try youll always see this in my makeup bag... its a medium to full coverage powder and if u wet it, it becomes a foundation.. gives u the perfect matte flawless finish. The only bad thing about it is that sometimes after wearing it for long periods of times it can give u clogged pores.. but besides that i love it sometimes i wear it alone and gives me medium perfect coverage and sometimes i wear on top of my foundation for full coverage.. the one thing that i really hate is some parts on compact gets hard and u have to scrape the stuff off in order to use it cause alot of times i had to throw it away cause it was too hard and like i said unless u scape it and make it into loose powder u wont be able to use it.. other then that i love it the pro is more then the cons
GISELLE A.
Las Vegas, NV
Purchased at: Nordstrom
Review for: NC35 more...
I have very sensitive skin and it’s difficult to find a foundation that would not make me break out and still give me full coverage. Studio Fix Powder is highly pigmented so you only need a few sweeps to get full coverage. Blends easily and is long lasting. I like that it doesn’t feel “heavy” or “caked on” when worn.
Gabriela R.
Los Angeles, CA
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: C3 more...
His foundation is a good every day make up look foundation, especially for work when you don’t want to apply liquid foundation every day. You can build up the product on your face and it has decent coverage. If you have acne, redness, and blemishes you might want to use concealer first, but this foundation still manages to do a great job on your face. It actually also hides my pores very well, which is something I love about this foundation. I have sensitive skin and it doesn’t irritate me at all. And it comes with a white sponge that I use whenever. I forget my brush. This shade comes off as reddish so I think I need to find a better one to match my skin tone .
Tong X.
Scranton , PA
Review for: NC35 more...
My skin tends to be a bit oiler in the middle of summer.
So, I prefer to use powder instead of creams so I won't feel like I'm wearing a mask.
I was intrigued when I read that that was oil controlling, and minimized pores.
I used a dense buffing brush that gave a medium coverage, that could be built to full coverage.
I wore it on a 8 hour shift under hot lights with my tunic uniform.
Half way though my shift, everything still looks great! Although, it did accentuate a bit on my smile lines.
It didn't oxidize either, which is great!
Closer to the end of my shift, I did realize that I have a bit of oil coming through on my t zone, but a blotter sheet helped without moving the foundation.
At the end of the day, my makeup still looked great!
I've found my foundation that I know will not melt off my face during the summer heat!
Erika T.
Memphis
This was my first ever MAC foundation. As I look back at old pictures, my makeup looks very natural and skin-like. The applicator was not very easy to use, I would recommend using a good brush to even the product out on the face. It is a good foundation if you want a matte look. It applies very creamy.
Natalie M.
west chester , PA
What is the price of this product?
Erin G.
I have really oily skin, and all the foundations I have tried never last long on me. They all tend to break up throughout the day, and it just looks like a greasy mess. I really want to try this as a foundation, over concealer. Does it work well for that?
Tenzin C.
Jackson Heights, NY
Do you use it with liquid foundation or just the powder?
Christina k.
Las Vegas, NV
1,730 reviews
Has anyone tried this foundation?
Marlen S.
I'm very used to liquid foundation , I've never used powder foundation. I want to give this a shot for days I'm in a rush, I'm wondering does this look or feel heavy on the skin?