Shirley F.
Dix Hills, NY

Has anyone used this MAC Studio Fix Foundation and Powder yet? Does it give you a natural look or leave your face looking chalky?

Safaa S.
Safaa S.
Rolling Mdws, IL
2 years, 1 month ago
I use both for days I wear a full face or for special occasions. It does not leave your face looking chalky but if you have any texture on your skin it can amplify it and make it stand out. So just be careful where you apply it after using your Studio Fix fluid and maybe just powder the areas that are not textured, for me that is my forehead so I skip powder on that area. If my skin is behaving and its clear, I will powder all over my face. Give you a flawless finish!
Clarissa C.
Clarissa C.
Santa Ana, CA
2 years, 4 months ago
I bought this product and I did not like it at all. My skin is pretty dry without any face cream. I used this product and it made my skin seem way more dry. You were able to see all my pores which was a big no for me. What I did is that I just gave it to my mom because we are the same skin color.
Tabitha A.
Tabitha A.
avondale az
2 years, 4 months ago
I love this foundation doesn't leave my face chalky at all it does give a natural look use with setting spray !
Danae S.
Danae S.
Bowie, MD
2 years, 4 months ago
I have combo skin. If you use a moisturizing primer under this foundation it works just fine! A setting spray also helps and gives an even more natural look.
kelsey m.
kelsey m.
Reynoldsville, PA
2 years, 4 months ago
I have slightly dry skin around my nose and I do feel that this has a little bit of a chalky finish on dry skin.
Lisa R.
Lisa R.
2 years, 5 months ago
I've used this product for years! It's a great product, covers quite well, and has many shades for most skin tones! I love that the sponge is kept separate from the product so it doesn't contaminate the makeup. It is a little dry for me sometimes as my skin is dry/normal, but if you spritz a makeup finishing product (I keep mine in the fridge in the summer!) it gives it a really nice finish and never feels greasy. Great staying power!
Caroline C.
Caroline C.
Tallahassee, FL
2 years, 7 months ago
Depends how you apply and how much you use. I tend to not use a lot of product on my face. This powder isn't chalky but if you overdo it, it could look less natural.
Ameera K.
Jennifer A.
Jennifer A.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN
2 years, 10 months ago
If you apply this with a powder brush that's not too dense, you can achieve a nice coverage that's fairly natural. However, if you don't have much to conceal, I would recommend the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural because it gives a more natural look (mattifies but still leaves the skin with some "healthy luminosity"). I think Studio Fix Powder can look very cakey if applied with a heavy hand (a kabuki brush or the included sponge. If you use it to retouch during the day, it can move the product around so it bunches up, catch on dry flakes, and look very cake face. For reference, I have oily skin, but I find it works the same on my best friend with normal-to-dry skin. I don't find Studio Fix Powder to be as creamy or bendable as pressed powder foundations from brands like Urban Decay (Naked Skin Ultra Definition Powder Foundation), Laura Mercier (Smooth Finish Foundation Powder), or Chanel (Double Perfection Lumière). I also find that I have to be careful with my color match (it is different from my match in MAC liquid foundations) because Studio Fix Powder oxidizes quite badly - and not just darkens but gets more orange - this also happens with my best friend who is light while I am medium. Hope this helps.
Adriana P.
Adriana P.
Osprey, FL
2 years, 11 months ago
This is a great powder if your looking for a great finish that's natural..