BY MAC COSMETICS #15 in Liquid Foundation

MAC's Studio Fix Fluid SPF15 Foundation is a modern foundation that combines a natural matte finish and medium to full buildable coverage with broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15/PA++ protection. Applies, builds and blends easily and evenly. Comfortable and long-wearing, it helps minimize the appearance of pores and imperfections, giving skin a smoother, more flawless look and finish.

Mackenzie S.
Plymoith
The packaging of this foundation is very user or travel friendly. It comes in a transparent bottle with a top that screws on and off. There is no pump or nozzle; you just pour the foundation out of the bottle. So the entire rim gets messy and can lead to product getting wasted.

The consistency of this foundation is extremely thick. It provides FULL coverage. It is not a lightweight feeling foundation by any means. Me personally, I prefer light to medium coverage, but if you are someone with acne scars or you prefer a high coverage foundation you will probably like this a bit more than I did. You have to work fairly quickly with this product because it dries fast. I typically use a damp beauty blender for application because I've found that brushes can make it look a bit streaky and unnatural. It contains SPF 15 and it DOES oxidize on the skin a bit. Its not the worst I've seen but it is definitely something to keep in mind when picking a shade.

It has a natural matte finish. I have dry to normal skin and if I don't use a hydrating primer before applying this foundation, it will dry me out pretty bad and, overall, just look pretty unpleasant. I will say you should use caution when applying this product because a little bit goes a very long way. Start small and build or else you might end up looking really cakey and unnatural. I think it is crucial to set this with a powder to extend the wear and prevent it from moving around on your face.

This foundation is in the pricier side. Since I have grown to love my light to medium coverage foundations, I probably won't repurchase this product. Just based off of personal preference this is definitely not a foundation I use often at all. But if you have more oily skin and like a full coverage foundation, you might want to try this.
kayla g.
Coon Rapids, MN
Review for: MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation SPF 15 NW35 more...
Studio Fix Fluid is a medium to full coverage foundation with a thick liquid consistency and a glamorous matte finish. The bottle doesn't come with a pump which is annoying but what else is new I guess. This foundation has a very skin-perfecting finish it makes you look like an airbrushed doll. I find its one of the few foundations that doesn't require a primer underneath but you do want to make sure you moisturize. The MAC artist explained that this foundation contains powder particles which makes it long lasting and lends to the beautiful finish that looks amazing in photographs. I have a combo/dry skin type and I prefer not to set my entire face with powder during the winter otherwise it looks too matte and chalky especially since I'm so pale.
Studio Fix Fluid lasts beautifully on the skin but I wouldn't say its one of those transfer-resistant, sweat-resistant, hurricane-resistant, tsunami-resistant foundations. There are days in my life where I need 6-8 hours of solid wear but not necessarily ultra concrete type of wear like ELDW. I don't always need my makeup to last 12+ hours on my face. I think this foundation is worth another try for people who want that flawless base and I love the fact its less expensive than other high-end brands.
Amanda B.
Staten Island, NY
Review for: Other more...
M.A.C Cosmetics Studio Fix Fluid FoundationR. I wear NW10 in M.A.C Cosmetics Studio Fix Fluid Foundation. In the summer when I get some “color”, I wear NW13. This is a medium coverage foundation. It’s buildable coverage, but even after applying some more, I still find it’s medium coverage. It doesn’t dry fast, and is super easy to blend. I wear it 10+ hours sometimes, and it barely oxidizes. I’m more of a full coverage type of girl, but I will do a pump of MAC and a pump of my more full coverage foundations just so I don’t have a heavy, caked on feeling on my face all day. There is a wide range of colors, for ultra fairs and deeper skin tones. It’s not a dewy finish, but it’s definitely not a dry mattifying either. I recommend this foundation, especially if you’re new to makeup and looking for a step up from drugstore stuff. If you have lots of acne or freckles that you’re looking to cover, get something more full coverage. Also, keep in mind that I’m ivory with pink undertones. I’m considered a cool complexion. MAC does the reverse and pink undertones are considered a warm complexion. So if you’re more yellow undertoned, you’d be the NC colors, and more pink and red is NW undertones.
Desiree B.
Tinley Park, IL
Review for: NC25 more...
This is my ride or die foundation. I've tried so many others, both high end and drugstore, but always come back to the Studio Fix Fluid Foundation.

For one, the coverage is amazing. I'd say this is a medium to full coverage foundation, depending on your application. I prefer something a little more full coverage and this covers any marks or blemishes I may have.

It also feels so lightweight on your face! You don't feel like you have a ton of makeup on, and people constantly ask what foundation I'm wearing. I also love the variety of shades. I have medium skin, but in the summer, my tan causes the undertones of my skin to get a little muddled, but I still have a shade that matches perfectly. I highly recommend this foundation to anyone and everyone!

Melissa B.
Anderson, CA
This isn't a full coverage it's medium, but buildable. And I also would not consider it matte. More satin finish on me. I get a "dewy glow" when I use this, even with powder my oils shine through mid day. Has a very natural finish and such a wide range of colors, you're almost sure to find a perfect match. It has a pretty strong scent, but I actually do love it. When I was pregnant though I could not even stand the thought of the smell of it, believe it or not, and now that I'm not pregnant anymore the smell is barely noticeable lol. I perfer pump foundation, so I bought the pumps, which is an extra $10. But for a high end foundation it's pretty cheap, so an extra $10 only really brings it up to all the other popular foundation prices. Plus you'll only have to purchase one and put on on your next bottle. So it's technically an "investment" if you're going to stick with this foundation. It was my holy Grail, for years, but I've found the Estee Lauder double wear has a bit better coverage and is longer lasting on me so I do still have a bottle of this, but rarely use it now. It's definitely good to know your color I'm Mac though as it's easy to find your match for other foundations online using this as a scale!
Jdore V.
United States
Review for: Other more...
Now I would've never thought my current holy grail foundation would be Studio Fix.. after using Studio Sculpt, I was convinced I wouldn't find my favorite foundation at MAC. But, luckily I was wrong... the finish is the best I've used. It leaves an airbrush mattifying finish and I look like I have great skin (Catfish move over!). I purchased it in NC 45 due to my skin being more tan in summer, but it does dry more orangey than I would like. So, by December i shall get NC 44. My only slight con is putting it on with no primer would be a mistake, it can feel drying due to the ingredients. So invest in a good primer like the Prep and Prime radiance or Covergirl/O'Lay Simply Ageless primer which is a great inexpensive alternative. Overall, it's still great and I see why it's a beloved product!
kierra 🌙.
Muncie, IN
Review for: NC40 more...
I’d heard so much rave about this foundation from beauty vloggers, so I went out and bought for myself. The first week, I LOVED it. It was pigmented perfectly for my skin tone, controlled my oil zones, and had good coverage. Within the next several weeks, I realized how much I was breaking out. I would have to use more of this product to cover my acne which was in turn making my skin worse. Also; I realized how much this foundation smells like chemicals. (Gasoline to be exact.) I then returned to my tarte Amazonian clay, and was in relief from the issue.

Granted I have sensitive skin, this product could work for others—just not for me. I still give it 3 starts because it has a beautiful shade range and had good oil control.
Svetlana M.
Edgewater, CO
Review for: NC25 more...
This foundation has great coverage and a variety of colors that are sure to match (almost) every skin tone. I like that they offer foundations based on warm or cool undertones and the shade that I chose matches my skin very well! This foundation is very long-lasting and does a great job at covering up redness, blemishes and large pores. It's a solid choice for people with oily/combination skin, although it's always recommended that you use a primer underneath the foundation and setting powder to make sure that the foundation stays put all day and doesn't smudge or settle into creases. The packaging is very sophisticated and the price is comparable to other foundations at Sephora and Ulta, although it's pretty expensive when compared to some of the similar drugstore foundations. Nonetheless, I love that it gives my skin a very natural and air-brushed appearance. I have noticed, however, that is sometimes makes me break out because it's so full coverage that it doesn't give your skin much time to breathe. It does clog your pores a little too. I wouldn't recommend for every day use if you have problematic skin, but it's a great choice for when you are going out on a date or going out with friends. Solid 4 stars!!
Ashley G.
Review for: NC35 more...
last week i ordered this along with a few other things from the ulta website. i got shade nc35 but that was all my mistake, i had just added to my bag without thinking twice about the shade and forgetting to actually choose mine. my skin tone is light with a neutral slightly peachy undertone and Nc35 was way too deep and orange for my skin tone. i mixed it in with a white mixer, but the orangey tone still kind of peeked through a little. the coverage was phenomenal and a little definitely goes a long way, so i see this lasting pretty long. i even had to wipe off my foundation and redo it because i underestimated the coverage and used too much. it literally looked like a mask. im also not a fan of the smell. the finish was satin, with slight dewiness, made my skin look so airbrushed. this foundation makes such a perfect canvas, blurs everything, but dont use a lot with this one.
Ani L.
New York
Review for: Other more...
This foundation is known as one of the best. I used to use it two years ago and now I started using it again, but somehow it doesn’t look good on my face. First of all I had hard time choosing a shade because NW 13 is too warm for my skin tone while NC 15 too cool. It looks nice once I put it on, but few hours later it gets all oily and patchy I don’t know why because I have dry skin. I know it looks very nice on other people, but I prefer maybelline matte and poreless over this.
Liza P.
Triangle, VA
Does this product break you guys out?
Leslie G.
Montclair, CA
For dry skin?
Destanee S.
Joshua, TX
Does this cause any breakout? How long does it last?
Ine U.
I have ben looking for a foundation for months now, is this a good one? Cover this up all your pimples or blemishes??
Lacie B.
Glen Burnie, MD
I use this product and it makes my faces cakey. Ive tried several brushes. I exfoliate and moisterize before each use. I also use a finishing powder as well, any ideas?