BY MAC COSMETICS #48 in Lipstick

For those who prefer timeless glamour to all-out flash, matte reigns supreme. MAC introduces a twist on this classic texture with robustly saturated shades of Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour. Each shade offers a splash of color in a liquid-suede finish that's impossible to forget. Color(s): back in vogue, dance with me, divine divine, fashion legacy, feels so grand, high drama, lady be good, mademoiselle, oh lady, personal statement, quite the standout, recollection, rich and restless, tailored to tease, to matte with love. Brand: M.A.C. Style Name: MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour. Style Number: 5106805.

• Has anyone in got the new ones yet ?2 Answers
  • Is it super matte4 Answers
  • Have you tried MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour in "Car...1 Answers
Buy on Jet.com*
Michelle K.
Columbus, OH
So this is pretty much the same formula as my favorite smashbox always on matte liquid lipstick. I personally hate the packaging of the smashbox one so being able to buy the MAC version in normal packaging is great! These last through a lot, even when you feel like it's coming off it will still be there! I wore this all night for Halloween (dinner and drinks) without requiring a touch up. If you plan on wearing it all day from morning to night it will start to feel a little dry in the evening, I like to take a tiny amount facial oil on my finger and pat it onto my lips. This way it will moisturize and get rid of that dry feeling but won't remove your lipstick- no reapplication necessary
Brittany M.
SANTA BARBARA, CA
Review for: High Drama
This formula is my absolute favorite matte lip cream, and this color is giving me life! I used this color paired with Dance With Me for my best friends wedding last weekend over MAC'S #Nightmoth #lipliner and it was so perfect. The color lasted me from putting my face together at 4pm until I took it all off at almost midnight with no thought to a touch up. My bestie also used this as her lip color and had similar success with no smudging during her first kiss as a wife to all the toasts etc.
Jordin R.
Review for: Tailored To Tease
I absolutely love this product. I purchased this looking for a lipstick that didn't transfer (my boyfriend refuses to kiss me with lipstick on) and this absolutely does the trick. It can last me all day. And this shade is to die for!! I get at least 5 compliments a day every time I wear out. One word of caution: while it doesn't transfer naturally, I've found it will when wet. I always have to go do a quick mirror check after eating. Other than that's it's perfect!
Jacqueline A.
Seattle, WA
Review for: Feels So Grand
I love matte finishes, but my lips tend to get dried out. This was not the case with Mac Retro Matte! I find I get about 8 hours of comfortable wear and good coverage. There is a minimal amount of transfer but nothing too drastic unless you're eating something oil based that would remove the color. This liquid lip color is very easy to apply and provides flawlessly even coverage. The pigmentation is fantastic, and I absolutely love this red!
Myesha P.
Gaithersburg, MD
I just recently bought the Mac retro liquid lipstick in the colors: so me, topped with brandy, and esspresso. I really liked how muted the shades turned out. The lipstick was really pigmented and dried to a true matte. The only downside is that the formula is a tad bit drying and it was a bit uncomfortable as the day went on. Overall I would say that it was worth purchasing as a lot of liquid lipsticks from other brands are disappointing.
Lindsay M.
Costa Mesa, CA
Review for: High Drama
I was actually expecting a lot more from this lipstick, but it feathered like crazy, transferred onto every surface but skin, wore unevenly, and I couldn't get the liquid to layer evenly in the first place so the opacity suffered quite a bit. And since its on the watery side it seemed to pool in spots. For the price point there are definitely better options with equally appealing color's.
Jazmyn L.
Davie
I was on the hunt for a liquid matte lipstick that worked for me. I got close many times but not as close as I wanted to be. I tried this product and was so impressed by the formula. With it being a matte finish you would think it would be very drying but it is the very opposite. I fell in love with the lipstick and purchased 5 different shades. I give this product a thumbs up.
Celeste Q.
San Diego, CA
Absolutely love these! I recently purchased Dance With Me which is a beautiful red shade. They are on the more pricy side however they last for a long time. The applicator makes it incredibly easy to apply. You could use the product with or without liner and you'd still be fine. There is an amazing shade range definitely something for everyone!
Maria S.
Review for: Dance With Me
This is my go to lipstick! I can't tell you how many times I have been stopped by women to ask what shade I'm wearing or just to say they love my lipstick. It doesn't dry your lips which is really nice. The color is super pigmented which I love. The only downside is that it's not as long wearing as other liquid lipsticks, but that is ok by me.
Karla A.
Review for: Flesh Stone
The formula is ok. It's a bit on the thicker side, and can get cakey really fast if you add a little too much. The color range is ok, and has the traditional mac smell. I own 3 and they are ok. I will probably purchase more if they come out with new colors but I wont lose sleep if they are sold out and hard to get ahold of.
bea L.
Santiago de Chile
Is this matte?
Nadia N.
Just wanna know is this very drying at all??
Nicole Z.
Winfield Park, NJ
Been dying to try these. Are they comfortable? Drying?
Kristen R.
What other brand of liquid lipstick is this most comparable to?
Jennifer S.
Amarillo, TX
How long lasting is this product?