MAC Cosmetics Pro Longwear Paint PotsInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2015

BY MAC COSMETICS #2 in Eyeshadow

A long-wearing blendable cream shadow that can be worn alone or with other products.

• Ik this is a silly question but what do you do with these product...12 Answers
  • Creamy or normal eye shadow?7 Answers
  • Beautiful, perfect, better quality does not exist, I love all the...1 Answers
Cailee M.
Cailee M.
Cincinnati, OH
Review for: Bare Study
I feel no need to look any further for an HG cream eyeshadow base, because this is it. Primer and base in one. MAC Bare Study and Soft Ochre are my staples, and they are what I will continue to buy, forever and ever amen.

I think everyone knows what Bare Study looks like, so I won't go into detail about the shade. Simplistic but beautiful neutral champagne beige with gold shimmer. I've had mine for about a year, and I'm so relieved that it hasn't started to dry out, or separate itself from the container. Just make sure that when you close these, the lid is not only closed, but closed very tight, after each use.
I don't know how others use their paint pots for them to crease, but mine never crease on me....EVER. The only minor problem I have is that it dries very quickly on me, for some reason, so if I want to apply another thin layer on my eyelid, I'll have to work rather quickly (maybe it's because I have somewhat dry skin on my eyelids?).

I can use Bare Study with anything, and it just makes the color appear so much more vibrant and gives it more depth (as with any base; what more do you need, really?). It creates the perfect canvas, and lasts all day until I take it off at night with makeup remover.

Could this be used alone? My answer is yes, but it's a very subtle, low maintenance color, so building up the color is absolutely necessary. Would I purchase this IF I ever ran out? Absolutely. I would repurchase it the SECOND I ran out.
brittany h.
brittany h.
Lost Creek, WV
This is one of them must have products. It's the best eyeshadow primer, imo. I have big eyes and my eyelids have a lot of tiny little veins that you can see through my eye shadow if I'm not wearing this underneath, and I hate that.. so this is the perfect answer to my problem. It gives a nice, even base for your shadow. It doesn't crease, and it makes your makeup last all day long. I just saw a video on youtube where this girl applies this to her nose underneath her primer and foundation as a type of hack to prevent meltdown of the foundation, and she swears by it.. I can't wait to try this out because it doesn't matter what I use whenever i put on a full face, my nose ends up completely bare within a few hours! It looks so ridiculous having a beat face with a bare, red nose. lol so I'm excited to try this out. I have also used to under my eyes to help conceal my dark circles before applying concealer, and I swear by it. I definitely recommend trying this out, I don't think you'll regret it.
Eli (Gb2346) P.
Eli (Gb2346) P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
The copper color gave me a pretty, noticeable but subtle brightness in my eyes that was very flattering. The product felt great on, like a nice comforting balm - but not oily or like it was dripping on my eyelids. It also didn't get tight like some liquid to power eyeshadows seem to do, as this isn't a liquid to shadow formula. I now use the MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot often, almost every day, along with some neutral colors from the MAC powder eyeshadows. I don't think you could do your entire eye makeup using the paint pots, as you likely wouldn't be able to get enough definition/difference between them to truly serve as a noticeable base color, highlight, and crease color, but using one as a base, or a highlight, works great while using other colors in powder.
Cristin B.
Cristin B.
Oviedo, FL
Review for: Pro Longwear
The best eye shadow ever made!!! I can't help it I love MAC. The colors are vibrant and last all day. They do not smudge and I get compliments all the time on my eyes. MAC knows what woman want and they don't use cheap ingredients either. This helps if you have allergy prone skin. I do, but MAC has never let me down.

I forgot to mention something about these awesome shadows. You can use them as lipstick, eye shadow, blush, eye liner, lip liner, and etc. Yes! You read that right. Use a little vaseline and your color choice and mix (makes lip stick!!!), use a little water (eye liner and lip liner). These are amazing! I use the powder as lipstick without vaseline and the color stays all day. Even when I eat! I love them and they never cause any allergic reactions.
Stephanie R.
Stephanie R.
White Plains, NY
Full disclosure, the only Mac Paint Pot I own and have used is in Painterly.
That being said, I have never used an eye base as great at this. I have porcelain (toned) skin with ultra-cool undertones. Great for wearing taupe makeup, NOTSOGREAT for color matching and hiding dark circles and any veining. Painterly paint pot covers all uneven tone on my eyelids and really holds things in place. It compares somewhat to Maybelline Color Tattoos, but I am nearly at the end of my pot and it has not dried out at all. Maybelline's are pretty, but dry out so fast that I can't even justify the drugstore price.

Highly recommend Painterly, and Soft Ochre if you have yellow or otherwise warmer undertones.
albanys j.
albanys j.
Beauty Junkie Expert
My first paint pot ever was in the color bare study. I still am in LOVE with it. It's creamy and goes on so easy, all while ensuring my eye shadow doesn't budge. Soft ochre, however, isn't of the same consistency. I wanted a matte color for those days that I don't want any shimmer on my eye, and this seems to match my skin tone pretty well. While it does the job at making sure my shadow stays put, it just doesn't go on as smoothly as I would like. I'm not sure if I just got a defective pot of this (I bought mine at a mac counter) or if its just this color, but I hardly ever reach for it. So in my opinion, get a different shade, as it will go on MUCH easier.
Anney A.
Anney A.
Melbourne, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
In order to get that dramatic #cutcrease for #halloween #cleopatra I had to use the Soft Ocre #paintpot by #mac as nothing else does the job quite as effortless as this product. It's price point is a bit high but for the quality and the longevity of the product, it is worth the ticket price. It's creamy and thick, but light enough to be used to etch out a cut crease or use as a base alone for your eye. Conceals veins or any pigmentation issue and has a beautiful velvet finish. You do have to set it with a translucent powder but overall, amazing product and my makeup game has changed since purchasing this product. I have these paint pots in most shades.
Annie C.
Annie C.
Review for: Shadows
I know this says it is an eye shadow, but I actually use it as an eyeshadow primer. I love this stuff! I have it in the color soft ochre and the other I can't remember but it is a pink one. I use the pink one to make my pink eyeshadows pop more, because I have medium tone skin and usually pinks do not really show on me and when I use this it truly makes a difference. I use the soft ochre pretty much everyday (except on days I am not wearing eyeshadow) and my shadows last literally all day! I always set it with a light eyeshadow, so it is easier to blend all the other eyeshadow. And the other great thing about it is that you get so much product!!
Marie H.
Marie H.
Rose Hill, VA
My friends love Mac product so but I had personally never tried any products from Mac until recently and I must say, I was very pleased. I ordered three brushes and a eye shadow and I am in love. Compared to other products I have tried, Mac definitely trumps them. I have already recommended Mac to a few family members! I used to some of my friends Mac foundation and I believe it's just what I've been looking for. I'll definitely be ordering some soon! As of now, I don't see anything that needs to be improved but as I continue to try Mac products, I'll inform you if I come across anything that could use some improvement.
Lasey L.
Lasey L.
Review for: Soft Ochre
I've gone through countless eye primers, Too Faced, Lorac, etc but I finally gave in and bought this paint pot after so many beauty gurus recommending this for people with oily eyelids (hello! That's me!). Needless to say, I think it's so worth the hype, my eyeshadows have never lasted as long as they do now that I use this product. I like to use it with my fingers, I find that it's a bit too dry to be able to blend with a brush, but the warmth of my fingers make it nice and creamy and able to blend very nicely all over my lids up to my brows.
Kayla B.
Kayla B.
Kalamazoo, MI
Does this crease at all?
Myranda D.
Myranda D.
Portland, OR
What shades do you wear?
Marie T.
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What's your favorite Paint Pot shades?
Emily N.
Emily N.
Alexandria, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Do you prefer this alone or do you use it as a primer?
Heather
Heather
It's there a special brush that you can use?