BY MAC COSMETICS #31 in Face Primer

A silky gel emulsion, rich in natural ingredients, that hydrates and primes to improve foundation or powder application, control oil and promote smooth texture. Vitamins E and C protect with antioxidants, while caffeine calms skin. Illuminating pearl powders reflect optic radiance. Now in two shades: Radiant Yellow is especially effective on deeper skin tones and Radiant Pink for fairer skin tones. The formula disappears upon application, resulting in a beautiful glow.

• Does this help minimize pores2 Answers
  • I've recently gotten drier skin & dry patches due to the weat...4 Answers
  • I've been looking for primer, is this work on oily or sweaty face?3 Answers
Buy on Nordstrom*
brittany h.
Lost Creek, WV
Review for: Base
I had got this as a free sample when buying other things off of their website, and was surprised by how much I liked it. I thought that since my skin is oily with acne that this wouldn't work out for me, especially with the glitter or "radiance" but it actually looked extremely nice under my foundation. You can't see the glitter at all once you do apply your foundation. I think I might end up actually purchasing this. I also like how sleek the packaging look, just the plain black with glitter, it's pretty. I definitely recommend it, especially since it works for any skin type.
Jessica H.
Ontario, CA
Review for: Radiant Yellow
I got super oily and broke out like crazy I think Mac is actually a very cheap brand and can't believe I let my friend who works their to talk me into buying Mac once again I used it as a teen. Mac was the popular thing to use but it's nothing but cheap makeup I feel. I've noticed that most Mac girls have really horrible skin. So by 18 I started shopping at sephora for skin care to fix the mess I had done with Mac and I cleared up by using high end makeup sephora like smashbox tarte becca and the skin care by murad olehenrikson and not my skin has been flawless
Kennedi B.
Review for: Radiant Yellow
Im not a big fan of MAC primers, but I loved this one by far Its really smooth and great for any type of weather. I have oily/combination skin, and so its difficult for me to find a primer that is good for both types of my skin. Unlikely, when I tried this it gave me incredible results, I always like to put this primer and then some NYX translucent powder to lock to primer into my face and I tell you its my greatest purchase yet! Definitely worth the money.
Zan F.
Review for: Base
This is by far one of my favorite primers. It is perfect for the summer season because it serves as a primer and moisturizer. It has little sparkles in it that truly creates a naturally radiant look. I would recommend this to people with dry skin because it helps to keep you moisturized as well as keeping your look intact. To take it a step further i would recommend using a setting spray when your look is complete to further seal in your look.
Sarah J.
Review for: Base
Love love love this primer. Leaves my skin soft and smooth and doesn't cause breakouts. I have had numerous problems with other primers causing breakouts. I used this primer on my wedding day and have since used it every time I wear makeup. Will definitely be keeping this in my makeup bag. Works great even if I just plan on wearing some bronzer or blush and no foundation. Smooths my skin and helps prime my pores.
Rosalyn J.
Review for: Base
The MAC Prep and Prime Skin Base Visage comes in a sleek black plastic bottle packaging with a pump on top which though it doesn’t look very pretty does its job pretty good. The pump gives out small amounts at a time which is perfect because only need a very small amount is every time you use this. For the price you pay, you will be expecting ample quantity but it’s not too bad with this product.
Heather B.
Review for: Base
This is my everyday primer, and I do find that it works well. It does cut down slightly on the oil in my skin and helps create a solid base to my pores, but I just don't like the sparkles all that much. I know I'm probably the only person who notices them, and it's just supposed to make my skin look dewy, but even with my medium-coverage foundation I feel it looks a little strange.
Myra H.
Review for: Base
I love the way this primer makes my skin feel but not so fond of the shimmer in it. I have to limit use to areas that I may want to highlight instead of feeling like I can use this all over my face because then my whole face is sparkly. other than that, it's a very nice moisturizing and smoothing primer and those that don't mind all the sparkle will probably love it
Kastely S.
Sn Bernrdno, CA
Review for: Base
I have been a MAC fan for 10 years now and was so disappointed in this particular product. Not only does it NOT make a difference in its 'claim' to prevent shine, but it also made me break out over and over again. I thought it was just a coincidence that I would break out, so I tested it on five random days and each and every time I used it pimples galore
Greisy C.
ORLANDO, FL
Review for: Base
This was my first experience with a primer and a darn good one. It has little sparkles in it that truly creates a naturally radiant look. I would recommend this to people with dry skin because it helps to keep you moisturized as well as keeping your look intact. Mac products are pretty expensive but the quality never fails! five stars to this primer!
Jackie C.
New York, New York
If I've never used primer do you suggest I try this product?
Katelyn C.
I use primer but I have a hard time with oil and shine control. Does this primer help with shine?
chloe n.
Mission Viejo, CA
I've recently gotten drier skin & dry patches due to the weather, does this work with drier skin?
Fiona B.
Does this provide a matte finish? My main concern is oiliness
Fernanda V.
Santiago
Hey I have never used primers, in fact I'm new in the make up world. I would like to start trying a primer. What do you think about this one. My skin is dry and sometimes it gets oily.