M.A.C Cosmetics Prep + Prime Lip

Full Description:
A Colour-free Base To Wear Under Lipstick. Adds Light Moisture, Smoothes And Refines The Lips. Improves The Appearance Of Applied Lip Products.
Key Claims And Benefits:

• Reduces Lipstick Feathering
  • Provides Long-term Hydration
  • Fragrance-free
  • Oil-free
  • Dermatologist Tested

Usage:

• Apply A Thin Coating Over Entire Lip Area And Over Lip Edges.
  • Follow With Lip Colour.
  • If Desired, Line Lips.

Is this the best lip primer out there? I haven’t really used one before and am looking for something really good.
I have been using this for a while now but I don’t really notice a huge difference when applied first before my lipstick? I have very dry/cracked lips and I’m looking for something a little bit more moisturizing, especially for the price point. Has anyone found anything similar to this that they recommend?
I've been looking into getting a hydrating lip primer and am torn between MAC and the Anastasia Beverly Hills Primer.  Could anyone say first-hand how the two compare?  They both seem to have decent reviews and a similar price, but ABH has a better deal on Ulta right now.
Start your review of M.A.C Cosmetics Prep + Prime Lip!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“got this to use with my mac matte sin, as it’s super dry. it feels like a chapstick when applied. i’m not completely sure the difference between the two, but it does help with the dryness a bit” in reviews
“this is a great moisturizing primer for my lips. i put it on right before my lip liner and it makes everything go on really nicely. i will say if your lips are extra dry this primer will not be enough. ” in reviews
Lisle, IL
I’ve purchased this over and over, I haven’t bought as many of their other products repeatedly as I’ve purchased this one. It’s in my purse and my my bathroom drawer. I apply once I’ve used my lip scrub and collagen product, and lip conditioner. Regardless of lipstick or gloss I use (being brand) I use this. It helps with the staying power, makes matte products not feel so drying and I don’t get lip flakes because of applying products over dry lips.
I have Super dry lips, and matte lipsticks make them even worse. I bought this with high Hope's that it would help soften my lips and fill in the cracks and creases for a smoothe finish to build lipstick on top of, but it did not perform. Surprised because of the brand and all its good products, but I have to say this one is not my favorite. Just basically a glorified chapstick. Was dissatisfied
Riverside
M.A.C Cosmetics Prep + Prime Lip uploaded by Diana S.
Really great product I usually apply it before any lipstick and it works great. It’s also a really great moisturizer for the lips. I got this for Christmas and I can’t stop using it. Would definitely recommend to anyone who likes to moisturize their lips before using a lipstick:).
I love this more than I thought I would. It doesn’t take the place of exfoliation when it comes to smoothing your canvas for a matte red lip, but it does help drier formulas feel softer and it allows liquid lipstick to have not only better staying power, but a more beautiful look. I really enjoy this and when mine runs out, I’ll get a new one!
Bensalem, PA
M.A.C Cosmetics Prep + Prime Lip uploaded by Rose K.
M.A.C Cosmetics Prep + Prime Lip uploaded by Rose K.
Purchased at: Macy's
I use this lip primer on many occasions including occasions when I know I need my lipstick to not smudge or bunch up for a long time. The design and packaging is simple; to the point. The product is easy to use. The only downside for me is the feeling of the primer (texture) on my lips when I first apply it.
Who doesn't love them some MAC Cosmetics and especially the M.A.C Cosmetics Prep + Prime Lip. It is totally versatile and I've used it as a chapstick, primer, and even as a gloss over a dryer liquid lip. It is a staple in my daily lip care routine especially before applying one of their branded lipsticks.
I have a few of these and love how smooth they make my lips feel. I also really like the vanilla scent. It’s probably not necessary to buy these as chapstick and other lip salves can do the same thing essentially, but it’s a nice extra to have especially if you are a lipstick lover.
Taylors, Sc
Never tried a lip primer before but Ulta had it on sale with their 21 days of beauty so I thought why not. I'm glad I did. It made my lipstick stay on longer and it didn't bleed. My lips also felt moisturized in the process. Wish I would have bought 2. Will definitely buy again.
San Francisco
I love this stuff. I use it daily. It’s very moisturizing, and it prevents my lipstick from creasing and going over the lip lines. It makes it last for a long time. I just ordered another one because I don’t want to be without. I will already have my backup. A must have for me.
Port St. Lucie FL
I dont do my own makeup very often, but this product is super nice. My sister is always stealing it from me and using it. It doesn't come off throughout the day. The color is also super good and it makes my face look 100% better when I put it on. I would definitely buy it again
Ask a question to the Influenster community...