BY MAC COSMETICS #40 in Face Primer

Improves skin's texture, blurs imperfections, controls oil and evens skin tone immediately — all while shielding from harsh UV rays. Features SPF 35 protection and moisturizing ingredients.

• How is this stuff? Is it long lasting/ whats the finish?1 Answers
  • I'm looking for a new BB cream, other then the one I use now. I w...3 Answers
  • Hey girl! i have slightly oily skin and this primer doesn't separ...3 Answers
Sam O.
I’m still on the fence about this, some days it works really beautifully with my skin, and some days it just doesn’t blend and looks so pasty. This product does not work well with a brush or a beauty blender I do have to use my hands to blend it like a regular moisturizer. Usually if I apply it that way I can get it to work really well with my skin. It’s very hydrating and a good option for the winter season. Once it’s on and blended the upside is it doesn’t budge until you decide to wash it off.
Ingrid R.
Brooklyn, NY
This Beauty Balm is my favorite to wear during hot summer days because it creates enough coverage but is very light on the skin. It also blends in perfectly, smells delicious, and has SPF 35 which I always look for since it’s important to keep my skin safe from the sun. I don’t sweat as much as I do with regular foundation when I wear this Beauty Balm AND coverage is still on point.
AnaLau C.
Manor, TX
It’s a good product but it wasn’t the best for me. I am used for more coverage and this BB creme was too light. I always had to set it because if not it would go all over the place. I bought it a while back and still haven’t finished it. I would recommend with caution.
Austin K.
Edna
I love this product because it really sets in my makeup after applying. It gives it a more natural and matte looking not oily at all. And it's SPF protection so it's great for outdoor weather. Definetly would buy this product again and would recommend it
McKenzie N.
St George, UT
This product is hydrating to my skin and feels light after application. I love the way it looks on my skin, successfully hiding small impurities and evening out my skin tone before using powder. The only problem is finding the correct tone to match your skin.
Cayla B.
Gainesville
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this BB cream! On days that I don't really feel like wearing makeup but still want to look presentable, I just throw some of this all over my face and I look like a normal human again lol
Adrienne R.
Absolutely love this product. I used to stay away from BB creams, because I’ve just had bad experiences of them breaking me out. And for some reason, I had the guts to try this and I have no regrets. Light coverage, but still manages to even out your complexion for those days when you just wanna take it easy. Lasts me all day, and as a bonus, has SPF.
Amber M.
Zanesville, OH
This is one of the best primers I have ever used! It works well at evening my skin tone and covering all my imperfections! It's got a very moisturizing finish, but not too much. It's definitely not too matte or anything. I would say that it is good for pretty much any skin type!
Barbie S.
Windham
I really like this product for everything it claims to be (and IS!).  You really don't need much of this product as a little goes a long way.  When I am in the sun for long periods of time, I mix this is in with my favorite sunscreen lotion for extra SPF protection since I use so little of the BB cream. I would definitely buy again.
Christina K.
Haddon Twp, NJ
This is great for days when You don't want to wear a lot of makeup. Its full coverage. You can skip the heavy moisturizer and conclerar and just add a little mascara and your out the door. It lasts all day doesn't slide or sweat off. It doesn't look cakey. I love that it comes in different shades.
ashley p.
Hamilton, On
Has anyone ever used this on oily skin? Does it separate throughout the day and wear off? I would like to purchase this with the current MAC15 promo for 15% off but I'm not sure how it would work with my skin. (Super oily especially in the summer) Thanks
Lilly R.
selma, CA
I'm looking for a new BB cream, other then the one I use now. I want a lighter smoothr feel and a stronger SPF. I've never used Macs prep and prime and would really appreciate your feed back ladies! Is it heavy? How's the coverage? How's it hold up in higher temperatures? Thanks in advance👌
Triana U.
Tecate, CA
What other mac products do you recommend?
Alicia m.
Hey girl! i have slightly oily skin and this primer doesn't separate for me, it works good.
Michaela W.
West Kelowna, BC
Okay so this might be a dumb question, but since this is a prep AND prime product I'm assuming you don't need to use a moisturizer and primer? Or do you still need to use.