BY MAC COSMETICS #83 in Face Primer

Improves skin's texture, blurs imperfections, controls oil and evens skin tone immediately — all while shielding from harsh UV rays. Features SPF 35 protection and moisturizing ingredients.

• I LOVE my mac pro longwear concealer and the fact that it doesn't m...1 Answers
  • How is this stuff? Is it long lasting/ whats the ...Be the first to answer!
  • Okay so this might be a dumb question, but since this is a prep AND...2 Answers
Rita W.
Rita W.
I purchased this MAC Prep & Prime BB Beauty Balm at the MAC counter at a local department store. I wanted a foundation that was a step up in coverage from tinted moisturizer, but wasn't as heavy as a traditional liquid foundation. I also hoped to find the benefits of a BB cream, so was thrilled to see this new product offered by MAC. I also purchased the Mac BB product that comes in a mirrored compact.

I wanted to love this beauty balm - and I did for the most part - except for the color. It feels good when I apply it, and gives good, medium coverage. But again, the color just doesn't work. There are not many colors offered, and the closest to my skin tone was medium, which I purchased. But I realized after using it at home that medium is a bit too dark, and a bit too warm for my skin tone. I needed something between the lighter shade before medium, and medium, but nothing was offered that fit. Because of the color issue, I only wear this sometimes during the summer, when I have a good tan, because then it better suits my skin tone. But I can't wear it unless I happen to be very tan. For such a pricey product, that is a disappointment. I hope MAC introduces additional shades.
Erica S.
Erica S.
I'm not really a fan of BB creams because they never end up having enough coverage for me and they always seem on the greasier side. This MAC one was no exception really. I did give me a bit more coverage because I built it up but I don't think it's really considered a buildable coverage. I definitely thought it felt nice going on but still a little oily and my face looked like an oil slick not too long after. Not to mention I ended up breaking out every time I used it. That's why I stopped using it altogether. I think if you have dry skin or completely normal skin and just want an spf but with a hint of coverage then this is for you. People like myself who have combo skin or get oily easily I would advise steer clear.
Veronika B.
Veronika B.
Brooklyn, NY
Review for: MAC Prep & Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35 - Medium, 1.3 fl oz
I absolutely love this BB cream. Its got great pigment and comes with SPF. I strongly suggest skipping a heavy moisturizer if your going to opt for this or use an oil free moisturizer, as it can feel heavy. This super flexible formula has build-able coverage so you can go from sheer to full coverage easily. Does not move or slide through the day and never looks cakey. This formula is also oil controlling so no need to set it with a powder really, apply with damp beauty blender for the most dewy natural finish. I will be purchasing this again and again and again.

Mac also makes this formula with vitamin C to even skin tone in their "Lightful C collection" if your looking to make your BB work even harder for you.
Kelsey R.
Kelsey R.
Philadelphia, PA
Not impressed at all. It sits on top of my skin oddly even though it is a light BB cream. The SPF flashes back in photos so it isn't for any photos. It also has okay coverage. I would classify it as a light foundation. It is definitely more oily and it sits on top of my skin with powder. By the end of the night I am oily and gross. Not long wearing. Wouldn't recommend if. The drugstore has better BB creams then this.
Rosemia R.
Rosemia R.
The M.A.C. prep and prime BB beauty balm SPF 35 medium is great for my skin. It moisturizes my skin and it is tinted so it even out my complexion. It is great for dry skin. It also has sun protection in it. The scent is really strong and can give me a head ache after smelling it for a long time but overall this is a good product.
zaitmar a.
zaitmar a.
Review for: MAC Prep & Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35 - Medium, 1.3 fl oz
Completely covers melasma & blemishes and blends well with skin, color looks natural. I use with Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Medium Plus. Does not irritate my skin like other makeups or look like a mask. Should be used with a moisturizer. Recommend MAC Mineralize Face + Body Lotion Love these products
Liz S.
Liz S.
Denver, CO
Review for: MAC Prep & Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35 - Medium, 1.3 fl oz
One great BB cream - I used it in summer - it is light enough to keep the skin breathing, yet it covers the redness and acne pretty well. It's pretty much suitable for every type of skin - mine is oily and it handled this BB amazingly. I used a foundation brush to put it on - that way it lays on evenly.
Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.
Lagrange, KY
Review for: MAC Prep & Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35 - Medium, 1.3 fl oz
For the longest time I could not wear any liquid complexion products from MAC because they all broke me out. This BB cream is one of the first products I was able to wear by the brand.

It felt good on my sensitive skin, it gave me about a medium coverage, and they were plenty of shades to choose from.
Ritika G.
Ritika G.
This is a great, all in one product. It lasts all day, gives a light-medium coverage, and is very light on your skin. It is also a BB cream which will help and benefit your skin. They have broad spectrum colors so it does fit a lot of skin tones. It is a bit expensive, but you get a lot of product.
Yaidelyn F.
Yaidelyn F.
Review for: MAC Prep & Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35 - Medium, 1.3 fl oz
I have purchased in the past MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime BB beauty Balm SPF 35. I have normal skin. It is easy to apply and blend with a sponge. The reason why I gave it a 3 is because the Balm reminds me of clay. It does offer great coverage though. I think I will be looking for something else
ashley p.
ashley p.
Hamilton, On
Has anyone ever used this on oily skin? Does it separate throughout the day and wear off? I would like to purchase this with the current MAC15 promo for 15% off but I'm not sure how it would work with my skin. (Super oily especially in the summer) Thanks
Alicia m.
Alicia m.
Hey girl! i have slightly oily skin and this primer doesn't separate for me, it works good.
Lilly R.
Lilly R.
Selma, CA
I'm looking for a new BB cream, other then the one I use now. I want a lighter smoothr feel and a stronger SPF. I've never used Macs prep and prime and would really appreciate your feed back ladies! Is it heavy? How's the coverage? How's it hold up in higher temperatures? Thanks in advance👌
Triana U.
Triana U.
Tecate, CA
What other mac products do you recommend?
Michaela W.
Michaela W.
West Kelowna , BC
Okay so this might be a dumb question, but since this is a prep AND prime product I'm assuming you don't need to use a moisturizer and primer? Or do you still need to use.