M.A.C Cosmetics Prep Plus Prime Fix+Influenster Beauty Awards Winner 2018

BY M.A.C. COSMETICS #1 in Face Primer

Full Description:
A Lightweight Mist Of Water Packed With Vitamins And Minerals, Infused With A Blend Of Green Tea, Chamomile And Cucumber To Gently Soothe And Refresh The Skin. Gives An Instant Boost Of Hydration While Delivering A Soft Sheen To Refresh And Finish Makeup. This Holy Grail Of Hydrating Mists Can Be Used With Other Products In Near-endless Ways – To Sheer Out Foundation, Intensify Colour, Improve And Extend The Wear Of Makeup, Or Moisturize And Soothe Tired Skin. A Delicious Twist In A Permanent Romantic Rose Scent, Calming Lavender Scent, Or Creamy Coconut Scent.
Key Claims And Benefits:

• Soothes And Refreshes Skin
  • Hydrating
  • Sets And Prolongs The Wear Of Makeup
  • Dermatologist Tested
  • Ophthalmologist Tested
  • Non-acnegenic

Usage:

• Hold Bottle 12 Inches Away From Face And Spray Evenly.
  • Use Alone Or To Finish Makeup.
  • For Face Products, Apply Your Favourite Powder Foundation And Lightly Mist All Over Face To Set And Hydrate.
  • For Colour Products, Apply Your Favourite Eye Shadow Or Pigment To Your Preferred Brush, Lightly Mist Bristles And Sweep Across Lids For An Intensified Shadow Look.

Buy on ULTA
Diana Q.
Pembroke Pnes, FL
Purchased at: Macy's
This product is a must!! I understand that the price is a little up there, but I guarantee you that this can last you months. I use it for many pusposes, for example to prep my face before doing my makeup, and as the last step to set it all in place. Once you use it you will see the difference of the duration of the makeup. I also use it after my moisturizer to give my skin an extra glow from within even if I am not using makeup that day. Always remember that a healthy skin looks very attractive. Another way to use this spray is to enhance those glittery eyeshadows that we all love, and to make our highlighter glow to the heavens. Just spray a little bit of product, you don't need much, into your brush and put the eyeshadow or highlighter on and you will not regret it. Trust me on this one. This is one of my strongest secret weapons. Oh and by the way, I am on my third bottle.
Carmen J.
Pleasantville, NJ
Purchased at: ULTA
M.A.C Cosmetics Prep Plus Prime Fix+ is THEE best setting spray on the market HANDS DOWN! It's such a classic mainstay in the beauty world and it's stood the test of time. I truly love the fact that I can prime my skin with this before I put on foundation and then lock my look in place with it once I'm done! Its locking mechanism makes perfect for travel and it helps me minimize on the amount of products I have to bring/ use when I travel because this works as my primer and my finishing spray! I would recommend this to any and everyone that uses makeup (from amateurs to professionals) this is an ESSENTIAL!
Katy K.
Clemson, SC
Purchased at: ULTA
I like to use this product prior to applying my foundation as a primer. I sometimes spray my foundation brush or makeup sponge with it as well to apply foundation. And occasionally I use it as a setting spray over my makeup. I personally don’t like the way my makeup looks after I fix it with this - it’s a little too extra but it does help to keep makeup in place. I only like the original of this; not the different scents or ones wigs glitter in them. Works well. Does what it is marketed as.
Molly S.
Chattanooga, TN
Over the past 20 years I have tried quite a few post-makeup finishing sprays, and this one, by far, is the best. It is super light and mists your face evenly, and doesn't feel like you are spraying hairspray on your face, like many other brands. I'm not a fan of fragrance in my makeup or skin products so I use the original/regular Fix+, which has the faintest of scents when you spray it, but the scent does not linger at all—making me a very happy person. I also use Fix+ throughout the day to feel refreshed and give my skin that bit of moisture it needs, especially in the winter when the heat is on which dries out my skin. In the summer I put a travel size Fix+ in the fridge at night, and take it with me during the day to help combat the sweltering heat here in the South. As a redhead with see-through skin, I found that chilled Fix+ relieves the pain/sting of sunburns better than most products—which all tend to leave a goopy mess on you that causes your clothes (and everything else) to stick to you. And although I do not have any tattoos, I have a few friends that say it is essential to have when you first get a tattoo—helping with the pain, dry/healing skin, and itchiness that comes with new tattoos.
Alexandria K.
Seattle
Review for: Original more...
MY FAVORITE BEAUTY PRODUCT EVER. Also the best Mac product. It is good for all kinds of skin I have combination skin but I have friends who use it and love it with oily and dry skin as well. You can use this before you apply your makeup and after. If my makeup looks little to cakey or uneven, I spray some Fix+ on it, If I want a little more dramatic shadow, I spray it on my brush then use the eye shadow and it pops, If I want my highlighter to blind someone because its so bomb, I spray some fix+ on it. Literally this is heaven in a bottle and it works wonders. It feels fresh on your face and smells AMAZING. They just recently started selling other scents and my friends who have tried them said they're bomb! I always keep a bottle of this around. This is a great product for people with extremely sensitive skin as well. They also come in a travel size if you're traveling somewhere and don't want to haul the big bottle around. If you have never tried this product this is your sign to go get it! Your makeup game will be instantly changed forever. They recently started carrying M.A.C at my local Ulta which is a plus (since the mall is kind of out of the way from my house), so you don't just have to go to the M.A.C store or go online to purchase.
Sara G.
Porterville
Review for: Original more...
I have been using this spray for about a year and a half and have never thought about any other setting spray! The product itself is light weight, smells incredible and sprays effortlessly. The price may be a little pricey for some people but I have found it to be worth it and last a long time. The one I currently have has lasted me about 3 months so far and I am still a third away from being done. Definitely recommend to everyone looking for a good prep and prime spray!
Raquel E.
Austin, TX
Purchased at: Nordstrom
I really like MAC fix plus because it really hydrates the skin and takes away the cakey look make up can some times give. The spray is a nice fine mist and 2 pumps in a x is more than enough. Keep this in my make up kit and so many of clients end up going out and purchasing this. Oh the one I use for dryer products is the Rose fix plus and for normal skin I use the original. Both work great! Should also mention I use this before setting spray and before apply foundation.
Alexandria C.
Merced, CA
Review for: Original more...
I use this after setting my makeup with Urban Decays All Nighter setting spray. The Mac Fix+ is an aaaaahmazing finishing spray. I like to wear heavy makeup so sometimes I can go a little too overboard if I'm not careful. I have dry skin so this is easy to do! However, this will always, always, always drastically reduce that chalky/cakey feel and leaves you with a perfectly flawless, airbrushed face that will not budge for the entire day. Not kidding. I have also used this on my no makeup days too for a dewy refreshed look on the skin. All I do is moisturize, use a redness reducing primer to even out (I recommend Smashbox), spritz this on, and I'm set. I bought this stuff last week in travel size just to see what the hype was all about but not fully commit since everything works differently for everyone. I will definitely be buying the full version once it runs out. I am sold and will never stop buying this product. 💜

P.s. I have read that some people use this as a setting spray and then are disappointed that it doesn't make their makeup last throughout the day. This spray is designed as a finishing spray and not a setting spray so please understand that if you don't set your makeup before using a finishing product, you will get different results.
Manee Z.
N Las Vegas, NV
Review for: Original more...
There are tons of uses for this product, but I've only used it as a setting spray.
I was using the Hard Candy Longwear setting spray for a few months because I heard good things about it but decided to purchase the travel size of Fix+ for a trip. I see a significant difference between the two. I have never really found setting sprays to drastically improve the longevity of my makeup so I didn't have high expectations, but the Fix+ really kept my makeup on for over 12 hours with no touch-ups and just oil blotting.
I have extremely oily skin and have been using L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte for years so I know exactly how this foundation works with my skin and different weather conditions. MAC Fix+ in conjunction with this foundation lasted a very hot day at Disneyland from 6 AM - 11 PM. I have worn the foundation to Disneyland several times and had to touch-up with powder every 2 hours but didn't touch up once with this setting spray.
Because I used this side-by-side with the Hard Candy setting spray, I can see the difference in quality and I'm willing to spend the money. I definitely recommend this and will be purchasing the full-size bottle.
Chrissy K.
Miami
I have to say I feel like I have cheated on Sephora. However, MAC Cosmetics sells the best setting spray. I love how they come in different scents based on your preference. Currently, I am using the rose scent. Once my make up application is completed, I drench my face in there fix+ and it melts my make up beautifully together. This is a product I will not live without as long as I am doing my makeup.
Ciara B.
I've seen this product on YouTube several times! I really want it but is it worth it? I'm sure its over $20-$30... So is it worth it?i use MAC Matchmaster foundation. I have a similar product but its from ELF, they have a finishing spray/mist. And there's is $3.
F H.
mac prep and primehighlighter suppose to be watery consistance??
Beverly B.
Lebanon, TN
Is this a good setting spray?
Keely B.
How long lasting is this product under your makeup?
Nicolette M.
Grand Rapids, MI
Is this the best setting spray out there? Or is there a comparable one that costs less money?