M.A.C Cosmetics Prep Plus Prime Fix+Influenster Beauty Awards Winner 2018

BY M.A.C. COSMETICS #1 in Face Primer

Full Description:
A Lightweight Mist Of Water Packed With Vitamins And Minerals, Infused With A Blend Of Green Tea, Chamomile And Cucumber To Gently Soothe And Refresh The Skin. Gives An Instant Boost Of Hydration While Delivering A Soft Sheen To Refresh And Finish Makeup. This Holy Grail Of Hydrating Mists Can Be Used With Other Products In Near-endless Ways – To Sheer Out Foundation, Intensify Colour, Improve And Extend The Wear Of Makeup, Or Moisturize And Soothe Tired Skin. A Delicious Twist In A Permanent Romantic Rose Scent, Calming Lavender Scent, Or Creamy Coconut Scent.
Key Claims And Benefits:

• Soothes And Refreshes Skin
  • Hydrating
  • Sets And Prolongs The Wear Of Makeup
  • Dermatologist Tested
  • Ophthalmologist Tested
  • Non-acnegenic

Usage:

• Hold Bottle 12 Inches Away From Face And Spray Evenly.
  • Use Alone Or To Finish Makeup.
  • For Face Products, Apply Your Favourite Powder Foundation And Lightly Mist All Over Face To Set And Hydrate.
  • For Colour Products, Apply Your Favourite Eye Shadow Or Pigment To Your Preferred Brush, Lightly Mist Bristles And Sweep Across Lids For An Intensified Shadow Look.

Reviews (20470)
Buy on Macy's
Alexandria K.
Seattle
Review for: Original more...
MY FAVORITE BEAUTY PRODUCT EVER. Also the best Mac product. It is good for all kinds of skin I have combination skin but I have friends who use it and love it with oily and dry skin as well. You can use this before you apply your makeup and after. If my makeup looks little to cakey or uneven, I spray some Fix+ on it, If I want a little more dramatic shadow, I spray it on my brush then use the eye shadow and it pops, If I want my highlighter to blind someone because its so bomb, I spray some fix+ on it. Literally this is heaven in a bottle and it works wonders. It feels fresh on your face and smells AMAZING. They just recently started selling other scents and my friends who have tried them said they're bomb! I always keep a bottle of this around. This is a great product for people with extremely sensitive skin as well. They also come in a travel size if you're traveling somewhere and don't want to haul the big bottle around. If you have never tried this product this is your sign to go get it! Your makeup game will be instantly changed forever. They recently started carrying M.A.C at my local Ulta which is a plus (since the mall is kind of out of the way from my house), so you don't just have to go to the M.A.C store or go online to purchase.
Alexandria C.
Santa Cruz
Review for: Original more...
I use this after setting my makeup with Urban Decays All Nighter setting spray. The Mac Fix+ is an aaaaahmazing finishing spray. I like to wear heavy makeup so sometimes I can go a little too overboard if I'm not careful. I have dry skin so this is easy to do! However, this will always, always, always drastically reduce that chalky/cakey feel and leaves you with a perfectly flawless, airbrushed face that will not budge for the entire day. Not kidding. I have also used this on my no makeup days too for a dewy refreshed look on the skin. All I do is moisturize, use a redness reducing primer to even out (I recommend Smashbox), spritz this on, and I'm set. I bought this stuff last week in travel size just to see what the hype was all about but not fully commit since everything works differently for everyone. I will definitely be buying the full version once it runs out. I am sold and will never stop buying this product. 💜

P.s. I have read that some people use this as a setting spray and then are disappointed that it doesn't make their makeup last throughout the day. This spray is designed as a finishing spray and not a setting spray so please understand that if you don't set your makeup before using a finishing product, you will get different results.
Manee Z.
Las Vegas, NV
Review for: Original more...
There are tons of uses for this product, but I've only used it as a setting spray.
I was using the Hard Candy Longwear setting spray for a few months because I heard good things about it but decided to purchase the travel size of Fix+ for a trip. I see a significant difference between the two. I have never really found setting sprays to drastically improve the longevity of my makeup so I didn't have high expectations, but the Fix+ really kept my makeup on for over 12 hours with no touch-ups and just oil blotting.
I have extremely oily skin and have been using L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte for years so I know exactly how this foundation works with my skin and different weather conditions. MAC Fix+ in conjunction with this foundation lasted a very hot day at Disneyland from 6 AM - 11 PM. I have worn the foundation to Disneyland several times and had to touch-up with powder every 2 hours but didn't touch up once with this setting spray.
Because I used this side-by-side with the Hard Candy setting spray, I can see the difference in quality and I'm willing to spend the money. I definitely recommend this and will be purchasing the full-size bottle.
Ashlund A.
carson city
M.A.C Cosmetics Prep Plus Prime Fix+ completely changed the game for me. I used this product since the day I purchased it for a fresh and hydrated look. When I moved to a dryer state the spray saved my skin! I can't go a day without using my Prep + Prime Fix+. It has easily became the most important step for my makeup routine, even if I'm not putting on makeup that day. I use this as a base and after I put on all of my makeup. It is also a life saver for me when it's extremely hot.
This refreshing must has gone with every other makeup product I have used. It's chemistry with others is truly incredible and I can fully rely on it every time. It has taken my makeup look to the next level and I never have to worry about looking dehydrated because of it.
I would recommend this product to anyone, with any type of skin. After feeling the refreshing mist touch your face you can't deny the restoring properties.
The packaging is simple and effective. The amount of mist you get per spray is perfectly calculated. I love my travel sized bottle for on the go, it fits in my purse like it was meant to be there. My full sized bottle has lasted me a lifetime even with everyday use. You definitely get your dimes worth and I wouldn't consider one penny wasted.
Sierra S.
Kansas City, MO
I don't think I've ever been in love with a primer this much. My go-to before this was e.l.f's hydrating primer, but this is so much better! I use this as a base and then I spray it over my makeup when I'm done to set it. My foundation always goes on flawlessly and stays on for longer than if I used the e.l.f stuff. BUT WAIT. Its uses don't stop there!

This stuff is also fantastic to use for really glittery eyeshadows. Just spray it on, and BAM, The shadows glide on super easy and keep all their pigmentation.

I do however have some beef with this product. And that is 1) MAC tests on animals. That's just a big turn off for me, and after this bottle is done, I will not repurchase. 2)This stuff is kind of overpriced. I luckily was able to get it for 50% off (I didn't even buy it, it was a gift), but I could not image paying $26 dollars for this.
I got this on sale for 50% off
Jaine R.
Windsor, CT
My makeup routine is predominantly powder and I was in desperate need of a good setting spray. As a really big mac fan of course I went straight to them and I read the reviews of the Prep & Prime Fix Plus. This thing is awesome not only does it smell good it has a very nice light missed that allows it to spray on your skin evenly. I like to use it before and after to set all the powder that I use. A nice little trick I also like to do is I like to add Mac tan pigment about a tablespoon to the bottom mix it up and use it as my base and as my top setting spray. You can also use it alone on the day that you don't want a full face of makeup and it adds an extra dewy glowy finish that I think is awesome. If you don't want that do we blow up all the time then you can leave one bottle regular and use the pigment and another bottle.
Connor D.
Harleysville
I love this stuff I cannot stop using it I use them for everything I use it for primer and it blurs my pores and helps my Foundation stay on longer I use it as a setting spray to make sure my makeup box locks in place and when I do put it on it might makeup usually stays for about 9 hours until I have to take it off I also put it on my brush before I put any shimmers on my eyes or I also put it on my brush when I put highlighter on it's amazing for everything I think it's an essential to have an everyone's makeup bag even though it is a little pricey it's makes everything look 5 times better please get it's my favorite thing ever the packaging is amazing and it has a thing where you can prevent it from spilling which is helpful because you do not want to waste any of this I think that this is the number one fundamental thing to have in your makeup bag
Katy F.
West Palm Beach
This product works perfectly to intensify any Shimmer powder product! That's the only way I've ever used it is to spray my brush before applying Shimmer eyeshadow or highlight. But I'll tell you what it sure does make a world of difference! it will make anything pop 10 times more so if you really want an intense Shimmer that's long lasting just Spritz your brush or your sponge or whatever your tool is with this and apply you're good to go for the evening or the day or whatever the case may be. I've seen a lot of people use this to spray their whole face both before and after their makeup application that's just not what I prefer to use this for I think it's perfect, but not as a primer spray or a setting spray, but more as a intensifier I guess you would say. I love it when I'm looking for that extra something!
Sydney F.
Wyandotte
Review for: Mac Fix+ Skin Refresher Finishing Mist Full Size 3.4 oz more...
I just recently tried this product for the first time, and it is definitely raved about for a reason. I love the smell, and it great for sinking all my powder and base products into my skin after I first apply them. I don’t think it necessarily makes my makeup last longer throughout the day, but I love it for refreshing my makeup after a long day of wear. As long as I am wearing a good foundation that doesn’t separate, this spray will refresh my makeup and make it look freshly applied even after a full day of wear. The only thing I think could use some work is the sprayer. It comes out a bit harsh, but you can make it work if you depress the sprayer button all the way down when spraying. Definitely do not try to do short spritzes with this, it’ll spray out like a hose.
Taylor S.
Kalamazoo
Review for: Original more...
This is my HOLY GRAIL! I will forever repurchase this product. I don't even know where to start when talking about how amazing it is. I use it multiple times throughout my everyday routine and could not live without it.

I always start off my makeup routine by spritzing this on my sponge which helps blend foundation flawlessly into my skin. I also use it right after using translucent powder to either dust on my face or bake. This makes my face look not so matte and more natural, while also helping my foundation last a lot longer. If I'm using a glittery or metallic shadow, I'll use it to spritz a brush with which will make my shadows look insanely pigmented and extremely beautiful! I could not love this product more, everyone needs to purchase it!
Holly H.
Is this product good for dry skin??
patty a.
What is your favorite way of using this product besides to set your face?
Michele M.