Rachel P.
Rachel P.
Woodstock, GA
I prefer full coverage foundations to cover spots and blemishes and aging skin, but don't like the "caked" on feeling. How does this rate as far as using alone? Does it replace foundation with appropriate coverage or would I need a foundation also? Thanks!
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Denton, TX
1 year, 3 months ago
On it's own, it can stand alone as a foundation, as it is made to be worn alone. That said, if you prefer a fuller coverage, this alone won't give you that. I've worn it over just primer and concealer and it's going to give you a light, natural coverage. When worn over foundation, however, it gives just a little bit more coverage but what I like is it mimics skin, so it's never cakey or dry. It has a nice satin finish to it.
Jocelyn R.
Jocelyn R.
Cleveland Hts, OH
3 years, 9 months ago
Yes, it can replace foundation. I have MAC foundation, but I very seldom use it. I use a concealer for blemishes and my under eye area, then I use a fluffy brush in a circular pattern with this mineral powder over my entire face and under my chin line. If you want more coverage, you simply need to apply an additional layer of this powder. For reference, I have a slight rosey complexion on my cheeks and this covers it.
Sara L.
Sara L.
Virginia Bch, VA
4 years ago
All of these answers are correct. I believe the intended use for this product is to be a finishing product to go over foundation. Working with the foundation to create a flawless, fully covered finish! Not cakey at all. Lasts all day, stays put, even if you see it on your sunglasses or tissue, it tends to stay in place well!
Jazmin E.
Jazmin E.
CLERMONT
4 years, 2 months ago
It's not good as a full coverage foundation. It has very little coverage. When I'm running short on time, I do just brush on some of it alone in order to give an even tone to my skin. But it definitely doesn't cover blemishes. It doesn't get cakey or feel cakey. I can barely feel it.
Angela Y.
Angela Y.
Detroit, MI
4 years, 3 months ago
If you are a full coverage girl, then this product definitely wouldn't replace your foundation. Instead I would use this in conjunction with your full foundation. Just apply your foundation and use the MSF natural to set your makeup. If you're still experiencing a "cakey" feeling, try using Mac's Fix Plus after makeup application. It works to refresh your face and take away the caked up look and feel. In the summer months, I do use this product alone because it is lightweight, but I make sure to first cover up my blemishes with concealer first.
Marcelle J.
Marcelle J.
Sault Sainte Marie, MI
4 years, 3 months ago
This is a powder best used for setting a foundation to give it a realistic matte look as well as to blot out oils throughout the day. Doesn't hide anything used by itself.
Breanna O.
Breanna O.
Santa Clara, CA
4 years, 10 months ago
I use it alone and it covers my blemishes perfectly this is a great product
Erica M.
Erica M.
East Islip, NY
4 years, 11 months ago
Alone it could be a sheer coverage foundation. Definitely not full coverage. Could work well with a full coverage concealer on trouble spots.
Jennifer J.
Jennifer J.
San Ramon, CA
4 years, 11 months ago
This product is pretty sheer, I use a foundation along with it most of the time.
Jingwen L.
Jingwen L.
North York, Ontario
4 years, 11 months ago
This powder is more sheer. Almost no coverage at all, I'd say! It's definitely NOT cakey in any terms. If you want more coverage, try the Studio Fix powder from MAC. It's better if you use a foundation under this powder. (Mineralize Skinfinish Natural)