14 colors available

BY MAC COSMETICS #5 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

A luxurious, slow-baked domed face powder with low-level pearlized pigments that provide a dimensional yet natural-satin finish. Can be used to set foundation and to touch-up makeup throughout the day. Features our 77-Mineral Complex and vitamin E.

• Is this light weight because it look like it's heavy cakey in packa...2 Answers
  • Does this powder look cakey?Be the first to answer!
  • A makeup artist used this to set my makeup once and I've been using...1 Answers
Buy on ULTA
Tasha C.
Tasha C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
i have the shade "Soft and Gentle" and i love it. at first when i looked at it i thought it would be too dark of a highlighter for me since originally my mom had bought it for her and she has a dark skin tone and i have a fair skin tone so i thought it would be too much for me. nonetheless, she told me to try it on and i fell in love. it is a beautiful highlighter and has amazing pigmentation. it makes me glow and it impressed me for sure. i have used other highlighters before but this is my first mac highlighter and it is the best i have used by far. it is a gold champagne highlight that can be very natural or you can build it up and really make your face glow. i got this as a gift from my mom but i def will be buying one of my own as soon as i hit pan on this. recommend to all you highlight obsessed make up lovers.
Tiffany D.
Tiffany D.
Auburndale, FL
Review for: Light
I am always and forever on a foundation hunt, and I think it may finally be over! I have been using this powder as my last step after applying my Water Weight Foundation and all other face and eye products. It is perfect! Light weight and matches well. Since moving to the combo of the MAC Water Weight and this powder, I have completely gone without a finishing powder, which really cuts down on the settling. Plus, I always stayed away from MAC thinking it was so expensive, but compared to my other department store brands, it is such a deal. I was able to get new powder, foundation and concealer for less that $90. Plus, everyone I have ever come in contact with at the MAC counter is very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable.
Stephanie C.
Stephanie C.
Review for: Light
I bought this powder to replace my Bare Minerals that has started to break me out. I really love this one much more. It does not have as bright of an iridescent color to it, which I'm very happy about. It gives you a nice natural sheer glow that is perfect for a quick dusting before headed out to the store, or for a setting powder on top of your liquid foundation. I love to use MAC powder puffs when setting my foundation. It works like a charm! Spritz a little Mac fix+ and you're set! The color scale does tend to run lighter. I'm an NW15-20 so I'm always in "light" shades but I am a perfect match to Medium Plus. Make sure you get color matched for this one. :)
Karen W.
Karen W.
Louisville, KY
Review for: Medium Tan
This is the one product that gives me panic attacks when I hit pan!!
I've been using it for at least 7 years & I refuse to be without it.
This powder goes on beautifully, not matte or shimmery...just gorgeous light coverage that looks like skin, but better.
I use this as a setting powder & also by itself on good face days.
I'm 36, my skin is bipolar. Some days it's oily, others EVERY SINGLE PORE wants to say hey and also has flakiness. This powder hides everything.
I'm a NC 25 & I use LIGHT PLUS.
Words cannot express how much I adore this stuff😍💪
Rose L.
Rose L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I use this for both a setting powder and a finishing powder, this product can actually be used multiple ways. I even use it as an eyeshadow color. I love the finish this creates. This can also be used both wet and dry. It's perfect at diffusing the light and works well with the fix+. The light shade is perfect for fair skin. It compliments the mineralize foundation line and doesn't settle in to the fine lines. After applying and fixing, this same product becomes my blotting powder throughout the day.
#contest
Stephanie B.
Stephanie B.
I have this in Medium Plus. My skin tone is NC25/30. I don't usualky wear it alone but swirl a buffing brush in it after I finish my makeup and buff it over my completed makeup look to give a soft focus look to my face. I guess it's kind of like what the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders were for but I prefer this because my skin tolerates it better. It just gives the skin a diffused look and lessens any harsh lines from bronzer, blush, highlighter. Love this stuff and will not be without it.
Annie C.
Annie C.
Review for: Medium
I have used probably most, if not all, of mac's powders and this one has to be my favorite one. I normally would use the sheer pressed powder to set my makeup, but I wanted a little more coverage and lasting power. This one last longer and it does not get cakey when I reapply, if I need to blot. I use it in the color medium plus and love it! One of my favorite mac products because it goes on so light weight, but you still get that coverage, if you are looking for it :)
Leslie L.
Leslie L.
Gilbert, Az
Review for: Give Me Sun!
I bought this based in a recommendation from a make up artist on YouTube. Absolutely do not regret this purchase. Love love love this bronzer. It gives a beautiful color to my skin. Definitely Italy won't work for all skin types but it is very flattering on my skin tone and I love it. It does have a bit of an orange ish under tone to the color so you may want to test it in store before purchasing to make sure it is flattering on your skin color or undertones.
Shannon M.
Shannon M.
Review for: Light
I got this product after a girl at MAC recommended it to me. I am pretty sure I got the lightest color and it matched my face well. It had good coverage and I ended up using it as a foundation instead of finishing powder. Mineralized products are suppose to be good for your skin, but I couldn't tell the difference. This comes with a good amount of product and using it everyday I think I hit pan after 3-4 months. I would highly recommend this product.
Pamela D.
Pamela D.
Cary, NC
Review for: Light
I love the way that the Mineralize skin finish mattifies the skin without making it look to dry and caked on. It definitely has a more natural finish with a less artificial and matte look. I don't think it would make any difference if you wore this without foundation underneath so it's ideal to wear this as a finishing powder. It's also great for blending in powders that are already on your skin (like blush or bronzer).
April A.
April A.
Corpus Christi, TX
Is this product good for oliy skin
Rachel P.
Rachel P.
Woodstock, GA
I prefer full coverage foundations to cover spots and blemishes and aging skin, but don't like the "caked" on feeling. How does this rate as far as using alone? Does it replace foundation with appropriate coverage or would I need a foundation also? Thanks!
Kayla D.
Kayla D.
I'm looking for a powder to set my liquid foundation (born this way) and I'm trying to decide between this powder and the Laura Mercier translucent powder. Is it better to set foundation with a coloured powder or translucent one?
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Pittsburgh, PA
Is it good like how everyone raves about? cause i really want to try it!
Rebecca C.
Rebecca C.
Berkshire
I was lookin at investing in this product because i have heard great things but i was just wondering wether it is worth the price you pay. ?? Thank you