Add a Photo

By MAC COSMETICS
#18 in Highlighter
MAC Tropical Taboo Collection Mineralize Skinfinish, AdoredFrom the Future MAC Collection.Limited Edition, Discontinued, Rare and Hard to Find.A luxurious velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish. Smoothes on: adding buffed-up highlights to...
Photos (135)
Meagan W.
Meagan W.
Argyle, TX
Lately, I've been obsessed with highlighter and finding the perfect one that will add a soft, lovely glow to my very fair skin. I picked this up at a MAC counter in Macy's and was a bit taken aback at the price, but figured I was paying for quality.

I tried using a fan brush to apply this above my cheekbones but found that I wasn't getting very good color payoff. So I tried using the pad of my ring finger instead and much prefer that.

This highlighter is a champagne color and is able to produce a glow that can be appropriate for everyday or a formal event, depending on how much you apply. I love that it doesn't have a lot of glitter. I don't like highlighters that make it look like you rubbed straight glitter on your face.

The only issue that I have with this highlighter is the price, but I'm not too bothered by that because I only use a little at a time, and it makes me look so wonderful that the price isn't a big deal.
Katie k.
Katie k.
Ann Arbor, MI

Camille A.
Camille A.
Feb. 17, 2016, 12:14 p.m.
Review for: Soft And Gentle (gilded peach bronze)
I have had this product for a while, but only now a few years later am I realizing just how much of a beauty gem it truly is. I have tried many drug store highlighters, and a few high-end ..I have to say this is my all time-favorite. Use a fan brush on the cheek bones, cupids bow, and brow bone. Looks wonderful on flash photography. I have heard Becca Champagne Pop is good as well, but I have no reason to switch...this product is truly wonderful for a natural, non-sparkly, sheen :) -- also, as I said, I have had mine for years. It truly lasts! - consider that if you are hesitant on spending money on pricey products like me!

Enjoy beauties!
Michelle S.
Michelle S.
Watonga, OK
May 31, 2016, 10:27 p.m.
Review for: Soft And Gentle (gilded peach bronze)
I use this every single day!! They discontinued my favorite highlight which was the loose iridescent powder that is used for what seemed like 10 years so I had to make a change and the MAC counter recommended this product and I could not be happier, the only slight down fall is the packaging is okay just produces a lot of fall out and makes your compact look messy. SO you do loose some product/ just use a light hand or a fan brush and that works better, I could not be loosing any more than I did with the loose powder so I am okay with it! And the result is worth it :)
Amelia V.
Amelia V.
Petticoat is one of my favorite highlighter/ cheek items. I was fortunate enough to find one at my local CCO after I used up my first one so I got it for a great price. Would highly recommend this to ladies with tan/ olive skin tones. It looks amazing on anyone, but those with darker skin tones seem to pull it off much better. I do have to add, that both of mine had a lot of the raspberry veining, which I wanted and that a PPP can pull this off well so long as they have one with less veining. That too though, depends on how heavy you wear your makeup
Kelly E.
Kelly E.
East meadow, NY
I have the mineralize skinfinish in the shade "Soft and gentle", which I bought because I had heard so many great things about it being a cult classic highlight and flattering on most skintones, while I do agree that it would probably be flattering on most if not all skintones I do think that it is a very dry product. When I dip my brush into the pan there is so much excess powder kicked up that it becomes such a mess, I like the product, I just really don't like the consistency and the mess it makes every time I use it.
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Hughesville, Md
Aug. 13, 2016, 12:09 a.m.
Review for: Wonder Woman Pink Power
This is a lovely foundation. I don't use a lot. One small pump, and I still have some left over. First I dot it sparingly on my face then I go over it with a damp Beauty Blender. I put a tiny bit of loose powder on my forehead and under my eyes, on my chin and on my cupid's bow with a small brush. The foundation has more of a dewy finish (so, not great for folks with oily skin) and sheer to light coverage. I'm using this as my 'winter foundation' after reading all the great reviews and seeing Mercedes' video.
Anahi L.
Anahi L.
San Ysidro, CA
Feb. 6, 2016, 12:11 p.m.
Review for: Warmed
It was very beautiful color when I first swatched it at the store and it looked very gorgeous on the skin of a fairer color. Being Hispanic, I have tan skin and I made the error of picking up this color blush. When applying it on my own cheeks, I could barely tell there was any color their since the pigmentation is very limited in these mineralized blushes. It was more of a shimmer than a blush, which is disappointing because I splurged a bit of cash on this. I'm sticking with the Mac powder blushes instead
Raquel T.
Raquel T.
Anaheim, CA
March 25, 2016, 2:23 p.m.
Review for: Soft And Gentle (gilded peach bronze)
This was the second high end highlighter that i bought and it was because my friend recommended it to me. i cant believe that I had gone so long without this highlight. I love soft and gentle, it has become my best friend. when i want a soft subtle highlight i always go for soft and gentle. it goes very well with my skin tone and it makes my skin look so glowy and on fleek. it applies on so smoothly, i tend to spray my brush with a little fix+ to get more pigmentation and it definitely works.
Lolo G.
Lolo G.
Pickerington, OH
I own the shade Soft n Gentle and it cost about 30 dollars at a MAC at Macy's. The color is a soft champagne and my skin tone is medium deep with yellow undertones. As a darker skinned woman, it can be very hard to find highlighters that don't make me look ashy and this shade looks beautiful. It blends very well and is very build able. The color doesn't emphasize pores or skin textures and if you apply it with some fix+ sprayed on your brush, it becomes very metallic and reflective.
Alexandra R.
Alexandra R.
Is this product good?
Nina P.
Nina P.
I've always wanted to try this product- what do you think is the best shade?
Barbie L.
Barbie L.
I have wondered if this powder is for the whole face or if it works as a highlighter
I have been looking for something like this I've heard it is amazing is it a highlight is it good x
Flor O.