BY MAC COSMETICS #3 in Lipstick

M·A·C Lipstick – The Iconic Product That Made M·A·C Famous. This Creamy Rich Formula Features High Colour Payoff In A No-shine Matte Finish.

Usage:
Apply To Lips Directly From The Lipstick Bullet Or Use A 316 Brush For More Precision.

• Favorite Mac products ❤️ 4 Answers
  • I've always wanted to get a mac cosmetics matte lipstick ...1 Answers
  • Will this product dry up on my lips?6 Answers
Buy on ULTA
  • "I was thrilled to hear that these were permanent when they were first released. The matte finish isn't as flat/dry as liquid lipsticks, but it doesn't have any sheen or shimmer. The colors are rich, opaque and apply evenly--the quality is among the top-tier of Mac lip products across the collection. If you've been wanting to give matte lips a try, these are a great start. " in 874 reviews
  • "I live for these! They're my favorite lipsticks! I honestly don't use any other lipsticks just because I haven't really found a formula to match these. Velvet teddy is my favorite one , perfect everyday color! They smell so good and apply so smooth! They are pretty long lasting but they do transfer. Pricing is a little bit pricey for a lipstick, they're about $17" in 871 reviews
  • "Love the color! It's very creamy and goes on nicely. I always resort to this color and it's still amazing every time I wear it. " in 752 reviews
Miranda K.
Spring
Complete and and utter disappointment. I heard so many good things about MAC, more specifically their lipsticks. Yet when I got them, they were complete and utter crap. They don't last that long and they look cakey on my lips. I CANNOT get ANY pigment on the inner rim, if I do if I try to go over it and build it up it BREAKS apart and won't stay. They're sad excuses for lipsticks and I'm glad I got them for free on lipstick day instead of paying for the shades Indigo-Go and Flatter Me Fierce. They're patchy and you have to really work with it and press down to get pigment. They're not that pigmented unless you build them up and it's so sad. They're NOT transfer proof. One little sip or kiss on the cheek and lipstick everywhere. The reason I'm giving them two stars is they're VERY creamy and aesthetically pleasing, but the product itself is AWFUL. I included a picture so you can see how I tried to build it up on my lips and the color would NOT cover my entire lip.
Skye T.
Review for: Candy Yum-Yum more...
I have never bought MAC Cosmetics anything. It's just not a brand I have ever felt the need to purchase for myself.
But, a reader/ friend gave me a gift at Booking in Biloxi and she picked me out a MAC lipstick she thought would look good on me. (SO FREAKING SWEET)
This is Candy Yum Yum, a neon pink, and I freaking love it!
It goes on so smooth and wears beautifully.
The pic is 7+ hours later after eating, drinking, napping, etc.
I would easily give this lipstick 5 stars for formula, color pigmentation, staying power, non-transfer, and non-drying!
It's fantastic!
Christina R.
Review for: Russian Red, Kinda Sexy, Velvet Teddy more...
A classic. Everyone needs one (or more) of these little bullets. It's a great formula--lasts some time and stays bright
and even. Russian Red is such a classy red, and it never, ever fails to get me
compliments. However, it's a best to apply it with a lip brush (and maybe with
some lip liner) to keep your lines clean--it can be a bit smudgy in
application. Or maybe I'm just terrible at applying red lipstick. It can also
smudge during the day, but I'm pretty careless and that's likely more on me
than the lipstick.

Then there's Velvet Teddy. A classic brown-rose that
compliments a number of skin tones. Love swiping this on when I'm rushing out
of the house. I also own Kinda Sexy but it's anything but sexy on me: it pulls
very coral/orange on my lips and it's finally occurring to me that coral is
just NOT my look.

It's a good formula that's not really TOO anything, in a good way: not too drying, not too glossy, not too difficult to apply. Worth it, even more worth it when on sale, or with minis.
Adeline W.
Folsom, CA
Review for: Russian Red more...
I am SO happy that I decided to grab this little gem in those shelves of “minis” in Ulta. I had tried to make MAC lipsticks work for me in the past but they’d always build up a lot in the natural creases of my lips and I hated that (which was a big bummer because they have awesome shades). BUT, now I have found a fav!! Russian Red is perfection for my coloring (I’m a light, neutral skin tone that leans warm), it doesn’t make my teeth look yellow at all and the formula is great! I honestly love the feeling of putting it on! It’s definitely a stay-in-place matte, but my lips don’t suffer at all. It glides on well and has amazing color pay off. The only thing I need to do is line my lips to perfect the edges which is pretty typical of bold lip colors. I highly recommend this product, I’ll buy this again when I run out!
Kalie W.
E Stroudsburg, PA
What’s not to love about MAC? I mean the color selection is one of the largest out there on the market and the different finishes that they offer is just fantastic! I was fortunate enough to be one of the lucky few to get a MAC lipstick during their National Lipstick Day promotion in 2017 and I was so glad I did! I chose a coral-red color that I probably would have never have chosen if it wasn’t for the MAC sales associate, but I’m so glad I did! It is the perfect off-red that compliments skin tones from fair like me to all of the dark skinned beauties. It wears for hours without having to retouch and goes on like butter! I will definitely be purchasing more in the future! M.A.C Cosmetics Matte Lipstick
Vidula K.
Boston, MA
M.A.C Cosmetics Matte Lipstick I have the shade lust extract, which for such a unique deep purple is a decent formula. Doesn't last well through meals, as is expected for a bullet lipstick. Applies slightly patchily on the lips, but is easily correctable with a couple of layers. Doesnt cling to dry patches on the lips, which is a plus. Overall, it's an average lipstick. Received it from a friend and am grateful to have it because of the endless inspiration it provides, but I'm not sure I would've spent the money on this specific product from MAC.
Alex O.
Willoughby Hills
Review for: Matte Royal, Heroine, Really Me, Instant Icon, Frosting, Red Rock, Gean Genie, Kinda Sexy, Levender Jade more...
You literally cannot compete with Mac lip sticks. After going to work, drinking coffee, eating a sandwhich (and fries,) drinking my pop and smoking a cigarette- IT’S STILL ON! This lip stick is by far the longest wearing, most water resistant, hydrating lip stick that I have ever worn and I will always go back to it and recommend it to my family, friends and clients. I have purchased it in a variety of shades, I wear the natural shades on a daily basis, but I also love to play with the more adventurous shades. Definitely in my top 5 favorite products!
Kendra M.
Miami Gardens, FL
I love this lipstick! As a women that has extremely sensitive skin, I break out if I apply makeup daily. Just something I have to battle with. But after trying MAC makeup products, I can say not only am I a believer but I think you should be as well. I have been wearing the matte lipstick (and others) coupled with the foundation that matched my skintone so well I had to ask the clerk to reapply on the other side so I knew my eyes didn't deceive me, for two weeks straight everyday and I obviously am very diligent about cleansing at the end of the day- BUT I haven't broken out once. My face looks flawless all day. I know because I have gotten the most wonderful compliments on my choice of lip color lately.I am for one a converted consumer I'm happy with the lightweight wear and I have coupled the lipstick with other Mac products for best results as I slay my day! Yaaaassss! Go get you some. ;)
Shawna A.
Bradenton , FL
MAC lipstick is iconic. I own over 40 colors and I just keep collecting. I love them all and the matte finish is one of my favorites. Lightweight, creamy, doesn’t skip, long-lasting, full pigment in one swipe, doesn’t accentuate lines or dryness on the lips... pretty much everything you would want in a matte lipstick! The vanilla smell/taste of these totally gives me the warm-fuzzies every time I apply... It always takes me back to that special “right-of-passage into womanhood” moment in high school when I saved up to buy my first shades (Lady Danger and Creme D Nude) and the simple, black bullet component is just perfection. I truly love the quality and shade selection of these lipsticks and there’s a reason these are the number one lipstick in the world... they’re the best! Simple as that. If you haven’t tried these yet, first of all, where have you been?! Secondly, you won’t be disappointed. Matte lips will always be classily beautiful and this is one of the best matte formulas in a traditional lipstick format ever created! 💄🙌🏼❤️
Yesenia G.
New Castle, DE
Review for: Other more...
I had purchased the snowball holiday warm matte lipsticks and I will have to say that these are amazing. They feel very comfortable and opaque. I never thought I was gonna love Mac lipsticks but they became one of my favorites. 😁👍
Kaitlyn V.
Castroville, CA
What is your favorite MAC lipstick color?
Grace B.
Albuquerque, NM
Does the lipstick roll on smoothly? Does it last all day?
Angel P.
Los Angeles, CA
About how long does the lipstick last on your lips? Does it feel dry? My lipsticks sometimes feel dry on my lips after sometime and i hate it!!
Tanisha p.
Is it long lasting??? Suitable for daily wear purpose?
Mahmuda S.
Which shade is your favourite?