BY MAC COSMETICS #4 in Lipstick

A creamy rich Lipstick formula with high colour payoff in a no-shine matte finish

The iconic product that made M·A·C famous. This creamy rich formula features high colour payoff in a no-shine matte finish.

• Favorite Mac products ❤️ 2 Answers
  • What’s your everyday lipstick? Mine is Persistence by MAC Cosmeti...6 Answers
  • About how long does the lipstick last on your lips? Does it feel ...7 Answers
Buy on ULTA
Nora C.
Madison, WI
Review for: PERSISTENCE more...
This is definitely a cult classic! I have a lot of these and the pigmentation is amazingggggggggggggggggg. Whenever I don't know what to put on my lips I grab one of these! They are awesome and come in so many different colors and variety's that there is always something for everyone no matter what skin tone or shape of lips you have. The formula is also great because it doesn't dry out your lips but really does stay on all day long. If you haven't given these a shot I think it is very worth it to try out. There is even a mini you can buy if you are skeptical. NOTE: please ignore the quality of the image (it was taken on my laptop)
Shawna A.
Bradenton , FL
MAC lipstick is iconic. I own over 40 colors and I just keep collecting. I love them all and the matte finish is one of my favorites. Lightweight, creamy, doesn’t skip, long-lasting, full pigment in one swipe, doesn’t accentuate lines or dryness on the lips... pretty much everything you would want in a matte lipstick! The vanilla smell/taste of these totally gives me the warm-fuzzies every time I apply... It always takes me back to that special “right-of-passage into womanhood” moment in high school when I saved up to buy my first shades (Lady Danger and Creme D Nude) and the simple, black bullet component is just perfection. I truly love the quality and shade selection of these lipsticks and there’s a reason these are the number one lipstick in the world... they’re the best! Simple as that. If you haven’t tried these yet, first of all, where have you been?! Secondly, you won’t be disappointed. Matte lips will always be classily beautiful and this is one of the best matte formulas in a traditional lipstick format ever created! 💄🙌🏼❤️
Kendra M.
Miami Gardens, FL
I love this lipstick! As a women that has extremely sensitive skin, I break out if I apply makeup daily. Just something I have to battle with. But after trying MAC makeup products, I can say not only am I a believer but I think you should be as well. I have been wearing the matte lipstick (and others) coupled with the foundation that matched my skintone so well I had to ask the clerk to reapply on the other side so I knew my eyes didn't deceive me, for two weeks straight everyday and I obviously am very diligent about cleansing at the end of the day- BUT I haven't broken out once. My face looks flawless all day. I know because I have gotten the most wonderful compliments on my choice of lip color lately.I am for one a converted consumer I'm happy with the lightweight wear and I have coupled the lipstick with other Mac products for best results as I slay my day! Yaaaassss! Go get you some. ;)
Niedria D.
Daphne, AL
Mac Cosmetics is my go to for concealers and matte lip color. I’ve used the powder foundation for about 5 years NC45 Studio Fix and i haven’t found anything else like it. What I like most is that it goes on smooth even though it’s a poster and does not leave that chapped look of powder over chapped skin. I usually wet the brush, dap it over a dry towel and then apply evenly over my face. The matte lip color is to absolutely die for- long-lasting, bold colors that I can sip wine and eat dinner to- without ever having to touch it up. MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus FoundationMAC Lipstick
Desirae Y.
Review for: Other more...
I use my Russian Red MAC lipstick especially during the holidays. I was encouraged to purchase the matte lipstick which has a creamy rich formula and prominent color. It doesn’t dry my lips out or settle in the lines. I tend to top it with the Russian Red lipglass as I like that high gloss glass-like finish. By purchasing both I get the best of both worlds and it really makes everything POP. The lipstick wasn’t overly expensive (~$17) and is a great color with the gloss. However, I’ll stick with a brand of lipstick that doesn’t move around so much (with eating and drinking) and is more affordable.
Kaylin F.
Plaistow, NH
Review for: Velvet Teddy, Please Me, Other more...
Many MAC lipsticks are really nice and I think for some of the pretty and unique colors they are worth the money. However, for some of the colors I think there are drugstore lipsticks with a similar finish and quality for a better price.

The MAC matte lipsticks are all very pigmented and you get full pigmentation on the first swipe without patchiness. The main issue with this is that there is some inconsistency in the formula among colors. Many of them are very comfortable to wear and they look nice and last a long time. Others (I'm looking at you, Ruby Woo) feel very dry on the lips, and they accentuate any dryness that you have on your lips and they just don't feel nice to wear, in these cases you would be better off saving your money.
Savannah H.
Oceanside
Review for: Velvet Teddy more...
Velvet Teddy is my favorite color of all the Mac Cosmetic lipsticks. The hue of Velvet teddy is a perfect nude color for anyone with medium skin tone. Most matte lipsticks like Kylie Cosmetic’s or Colour Pop’s, for example, dry the lips and end up making your lipstick appearing crusty at the end of the night. However, Mac’s Velvet Teddy is different. The lipstick acts just like it’s name and feels velvety on the lips for its’ entire use. Velvet Teddy is definitely the best out of all of the matte lipsticks out there because it sticks on but is also not too hard to take off, compared to Colour Pop where you would have to scrub your lips clean. The only down side to this lipstick is that after a few drinks it might wear off.
Natalia O.
Review for: Other more...
For a retro and matte look, this does it well. It applies fairly well, I think it is a bit drying and you need nicely plumped lips and no flaky lips to wear it well.

I recently got this out and have it another go, maybe it's the darker lip colour trends right now or maybe it's just the change, but I do like this and I guess that's why I bought it originally.

It stays on well. A lip brush will help smooth it out evenly, as alone can look uneven.

I added a gloss, just grabbed one - MAC Nymphette, and applied s little dab to centre of lips and pursed lips together. This added a nice sheen yet subtle boost of needed moisture to it and made it look quite nice. I'm sure there's better options for this but it was a quick experiment so for what it's worth, it turned the lipstick quite wearable and it looked quite glam and sophisticated - I only used a little dab, not a whole lot of gloss over. It just took it from matte to not. And I liked what I saw.

This leaves a nice stain on my lips and with a hint of sheer gloss looks very healthy, I think I bought it to accentuate my naturally pigmented lips - smudged on/ applied and dabbed off also looks nice if not a little dry. However matte lipsticks are like that. The colour is a deep wine mauvey shade that is blue based and leans cool, but could be warmed up with something added over it easily. It is a nice base shade for that reason, I will experiment more.

I will try this again with some different blush and a smoky eye. I think it looks nice with a neutral eye too something with a bit of shimmer to lift the look though I think works best.

For what it is, I like it. Is it something I would repurchase, probably not as I doubt I'll use it up in a hurry and MAC lipsticks do last well without going off.

Rated mid range as price is not inexpensive, it is a wearable colour for what it is, though I'm sure there's something similar and less expensive for the number of times I use this.
Sarah G.
Gilbert, AZ
Review for: Velvet Teddy more...
You can never go wrong with Mac lipsticks in my opinion. I prefer the matte colors more than anything else. The formula is great, and they glide on well. They don’t spill or fall deep into the crevices of my lips, which is a problem I often have with other brands. It may not last you all day, so you will have to reapply, but it doesn’t chunk or get dry, no matter how many layers you apply. As a brown girl, Velvet Teddy is the perfect color for my skin, and it goes with almost any look, to be honest. I also love how there is a barely-there sweet scent and flavor.
Rachel H.
New York Mills, NY
Review for: Velvet Teddy more...
I received a small sample of this lipstick in my most recent birchbox. I've never used a MAC lipstick before. I've always sworn by the NYX matte lipstick because who wouldn't?? It's great and so much cheaper. BUT OMG. This lipstick changed my life. First of all, the color is excellent. I paired it with Lipstick Queen Lip Liner in color "Nude" (also came in my birchbox) which was a perfect pair. This might have made me a MAC lipstick girl!
Grace B.
Albuquerque, NM
Does the lipstick roll on smoothly? Does it last all day?
Angel P.
Los Angeles, CA
About how long does the lipstick last on your lips? Does it feel dry? My lipsticks sometimes feel dry on my lips after sometime and i hate it!!
Mahmuda S.
Which shade is your favourite?
Ishika:) G.
Will this product dry up on my lips?