BY M.A.C. COSMETICS #3 in Lipstick

A lipstick with hundreds of hues. The iconic product that made M·A·C famous.

Formulated to shade, define and showcase the lips. Hundreds of hues, high-fashion textures. The iconic product that made M·A·C famous.

M.A.C Cosmetics Lipstick
  • "I love how creamy mac lipsticks are! The color payoff is amazing. I just really wish it was cheaper!" in 3677 reviews
  • "The only lipstick i purchase is MAC, i refuse to buy any other lipstick, there are so many colors to choose from and the color pay off is awesome. It is even better when you put in on your lips. There is a different color for everyone. It is also very long lasting and it doesn't feel nasty on your lips after a long period of time wearing it. " in 1320 reviews
  • "I have also tried MAC's foundation and eye liner, and must say, this is the best makeup I have used in a very long time." in 277 reviews
  • "My most often worn shades are Saint Germaint(baby pink), Ruby Woo(red), Snob(blu tone pink), Heroine(purple), Yash(creamy neutral),Creme de Nude(best nude), So Chaud(Orange),Blankety(taupe)and Candy Yum Yum(bright pink)" in 180 reviews
  • "I love the many different colors you can choose from and they last all day and night even if you are drinking a beverage it eating. " in 141 reviews
Mary S.
chester
Mac ‘s lipstick is absolutely the best lipstick ! There is a “texture” for everyone. Sheer, satin , shiny,matte, metallic ... amazing stuff. It has everything from Extremely on trend to just beautiful classic reds and nudes. The price is excellent. The product is a guarantee- u can : pick a daytime no makeup color and throw it in your pocket book for the day. Add another shade with a shimmer to layer over for the evening and not have broken the bank & have a lip wardrobe ready to go. You can save that sexy red or plum for your special occasions , &find a shade for the kids games or grocery shopping to leave in the car. Mac lipstick is a staple. Leaves your lips in beautiful condition. Barely any fragrance. Nothing sticky or slimy about it. It has the longest and most comfortable staying power. Go to the Mac counter bring your lips and imagination - EVERYTHING you want or could dream in a color or texture is there for you. Mac will be your go to for your lips for any and all occasions !!!!
Nathali v.
sandston
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: Forbidden Romance more...
I recently was able to travel to Chicago and go to a MAC store! I have only ever been to a MAC counter once in my whole life and I fell in love instantly with everything I saw! Everything was absolutely beautiful, and I was devastated when I didn't have the money to purchase anything. But, when I went to Chicago, I finally was able to go to a complete MAC store and I was in Heaven! From my first visit to a counter, I knew the exact things I wanted. I wanted some matte lipstick!

I would like to state that MAC lipstick is seen as expensive, and I really don't think people should think it's overly expensive. I bought two lipsticks for $34 and they're so pigmented and amazing, all you need is one swipe and you can cover your whole entire lip. $17 for a lipstick that will last you years is definitely not too expensive!

The packaging is so sleek and amazing, as well. The bullets close with a nice click that lets you know it's good for the go. The smooth feeling of the bullet is just perfect. It really does feel like luxury makeup without being tacky. The bullet even has small sparkles in it that makes the encasing shine so beautifully! One of the lipsticks I bought was Ariana Grande's Viva Glam matte lipstick, which is a gorgeous color. But what's really cool is that the bullet is specially made. Instead of silver detailing, the detailing is a gorgeous red color, which even has Ari's signature written on the inside! The box it came in is plain black with red, foil-plated signature on it, as well. The packaging is to die for, and I can imagine myself keeping the packaging forever!

Ari's Viva Glam matte lipstick is supposed to be the 'bad girl' shade while her lipglass is the 'good girl' shade. I was torn between which one to grab, the gloss or the stick. I am so happy that I grabbed the lipstick! It is the most beautiful deep, red-purple shade I have ever seen. It's so deep, it looks black inside of the container! But I promise that it is a gorgeous plum shade that is just to die for! It glides onto the lips like butter, but dries down to be an amazing matte shade that lasts forever! I did find that some transferred off when I started to drink and eat, but the stain of it lasts on your lips and it's so easy to reapply, I don't complain!

The next shade I got is a cult classic. No, it's not Ruby Woo! It's Velvet Teddy, another amazing matte shade that is drool worthy. It's a jaw-dropping pink/nude shade that makes your lips look natural but better than ever. If you're looking for the perfect your-lips-but-better shade, Velvet Teddy is it! It's a lipstick that you put on once and cannot get enough of! I absolutely love the color payoff and just how long these lipsticks last.

What's great about the lipsticks, as well, is that they are so creamy, even though they are matte. They are not drying on the lips at all. It actually feels like there's nothing on your lips! I couldn't be happier with the formulas! A hidden bonus that I never knew, as well, is that the lipsticks smell like cookies! They aren't overbearingly sweet smelling, so you won't smell them all day long, and they don't make me nauseous like most sweet scents do. They scent is so subtle, but is the best little surprise in the whole world!

If you're cautious when it comes to buying these shades, please release your suspicions and purchase some MAC lipstick! It's the best lipstick I have ever tried in my whole entire life and I cannot wait to get the money to buy more lipsticks, and other products, from them.

If you read this whole entire review, make sure to comment some of your favorite MAC products so I can try those out and review them next. I would love some recommendations from my combination skin friends!
Mary H.
Review for: Dark Side, Pretty Please, Lovelorn, Lady Bug, Kinda Sexy, Mangrove, How Tropical, In Lust, Half 'N Half, Brave, Ruby Woo, Relentlessly Red, Mac Red, Craving, Crème Cup, Lazy Lullaby, Coral Bliss, Love’s A Gamble, By Special Order, Brick-O-La, Heaux, Fanfare, Media, Mehr, Crème d'Nude, Dare You, Patisserie, Japanese Maple, Party Line, Giddy, On Hold, Angel, Peach Blossom, Dangerous, Honeylove, Intoxica, Bombshell, Brave Red, See Sheer, Fast Play, Please Me, Plum Dandy, Cockney, Amorous, Pure Zen, Hue, Dubonnet, Cosmo, Lady Danger, Crosswires more...
I recently was able to travel to Texas and go to a MAC store! I have only ever been to a MAC counter once in my whole life and I fell in love instantly with everything I saw! Everything was absolutely beautiful, and I was devastated when I didn't have the money to purchase anything. But, when I went to Texas, I finally was able to go to a complete MAC store and I was in Heaven! From my first visit to a counter, I knew the exact things I wanted. I wanted some matte lipstick!
🤙🏽 T.
Jamaica, NY
MAC Lipstick comes in a variety of finishes, and the pigmentation and wear tend to be dependent on the finish. The sheer finishes, like Lustres, tend to wear for only a couple of hours and have sheer coverage (as designed) and are non-drying. Some of the original Matte shades have a stiffer, drier formula, while newer ones have a more velvety, silicone-feel to them, and the latter are creamier, more comfortable to wear, and easier to apply, but most Matte shades are quite pigmented and long-wearing, though some are drying. The Amplified and Satin finishes tend to have good pigmentation, lightly creamy to moderately creamy consistencies with a bit of shine, and moderate to long wear with deeper, richer shades wearing longer. The Frost and Metallic finishes have the most variance between shades with coverage ranging from semi-sheer to opaque with average wear and non-drying to slightly drying formulas. All MAC lipsticks are vanilla-scented but have no discernible taste.
michanna m.
Washington, DC
I used to own “Myth” lipstick a long time ago and decided to purchase it again because I was having a hard time finding a lipstick with that perfect milky color and texture. I bought it from one of my local MAC stores, brought it home and when I opened the box I realized I had been duped!! While the lipstick was ok, it was nothing like the Myth lipstick I had grown to love and miss!!😩 The color was more pink and less beige, the texture was more glossy and less like a satin, and the color pay off wasn’t that great. To say I am disappointed is an understatement.
Alexis P.
South Hadley, MA
Review for: Other more...
My M•A•C lipstick pick of the day is Cream Cup!! A lot of people complain about the price of M•A•C lipstick but being a former employee who has recently reminded herself just how phenomenal their lipstick is...and always was, I must say it is so worth it. They’re so highly pigmented, long lasting, and as far as the texture of Cream Cup, it’s unbelievably rich and creamy, feeling like silk on your lips that’s going to stay put for the long haul. M•A•C provides such a wide variety of textures and formulations that if you don’t find a lipstick that you LOVE within their selection I’d be quite surprised!!
Now this I would’ve mentioned regardless, but It is my pleasure to point out a fantastic tradition to everyone and especially to the customer that finds M•A•C price point to be too costly. The ‘Back to M•A•C’ program that has been in place since fairly close to the birth of M•A•C in 1985 (which by the way started with their sole product being LIPSTICK that were produced in frying pans!) Ok, so back to explaining this superb program to those of you that may not be familiar with, here are the wonderful details that benefit you and the environment...Whenever you have five empty plastic M•A•C containers, or an item not so empty that you no longer use, everything from their twist up brow pencil, lipstick tubes, blush containers, lipgloss, really just about everything (from M•A•C) that was cased in plastic, bring those five containers into any M•A•C counter or store and you get to pick out a FREE lipstick of your choice and the plastic is recycled!! It’s a win, win for you and our planet!! As far as their price point, I think that their fore-mentioned program makes up for it, at least a little,...plus you’ve got to appreciate the fact that they’re conscious of the importance to get the materials they used recycled to benefit our lovely Earth. What better way to get you to bring them in with the promise of keeping your lips covered?! A+ to M•A•C for the brilliant and generous way to help get the job done! M.A.C Cosmetics Cremesheen Lipstick
Kaylin C.
Review for: Pure Zen, Pearly One more...
MAC's matte lipstick formulation is spot-on. They don't dry out my lips or settle in the lines, emphasizing dryness. Instead, they're creamy while still being matte, and the scent is amazing. One of the best parts of MAC lipstick, to me, is the vanilla scent they all have. I highly recommend trying a few MAC lipsticks in the store and going swatch-crazy on your hand. They have a variety of finishes available and hundreds of colors, so you're bound to find one you love

My favorite finish of MAC lipsticks is definitely the mattes. I currently own Whirl, Men Love Mystery, and So Select. So Select was a limited edition shade available for MAC's Select members earlier this year. It's a pretty "dirty rose" shade and the color is a "your lips but better" one for me, subtle but pretty. Whirl is probably the second most "wearable" shade after So Select. It's darker than So Select on me, although also described as a "Dirty Rose" by MAC's website. Seeing at theme here? Men Love Mystery is definitely a unique shade. If you've ever wanted a matte electric lavender, this is the one for you! I never would've picked this shade for myself, but when a girl from school with similar features to mine looked fabulous in it, I had to pick it up. I wear it more in the Spring and Summer because I like the way it looks with a bit of a tan, and it's just a more vibrant color.

I highly recommend that all lipstick lovers pick up at least one MAC lipstick if they haven't already! I remember the luxurious feeling of buying my very first one fairly recently. The lipstick bullets are sleek and modern, and look awesome in your acrylic lipstick holder. But that's not really the important part.
AMANDA G.
Buffalo, NY
Review for: Ruby Woo more...
This is a nice color but nothing thing spectacular or unique in my opinion. The formula is a bit drying. I prefer a lipstick that's a bit creamier. I love the classic MAC bullet-shape tube. The lasting power was as to be expected with most lipstick formulas. The price is ok though I think you can get just as nice a red shade with almost as good quality from a cheaper brand. I wouldn't buy this shade again but I would definitely buy MAC lipstick in another shade since I've enjoyed it better with prior lipstick purchases.
Blanca S.
La Salle, CO
Purchased at: Macy's
I really love M.A.C Cosemetics and their Lipsticks just really was a bonus! I use their Matte Lipsticks and they’re just so modern. The packaging is simple but so beautiful! They have 45 different colors and each one is so unique and so vibrant. I love Whirl which a dirty rose color! I love wearing this color out because it’s just so silky and smooth! I never worry about it being dull! I also really enjoy Velvet Teddy! It’s a classic deep nude color and just perfect for an everyday look!
Merideth C.
This is a great lipstick to wear when I want a little pink color on my lips. There is a little bit of shimmer in this lipstick but is the perfect amount. The pigmentation is awesome and I love the formula.  This product was everything that I wanted and more. I love the sleek packaging, very high-end look and feel. I have tried this product several times before and will keep on using it and buying more. I would definitely recommend buying this lipstick.
tracy m.
What MAC lipstick is your favorite?
Corie C.
Charlotte, NC
Is it true if you take empty containers you get a free product?
Karina A.
Is it really worth buy a Mac Lipsticks??
patty a.
Whats your favorite MAC lipstick?
Davia C.
Huntsville, AL
Would the fact that a portion of all sales given to a charity make you want to purchase it more?