BY MAC COSMETICS #2 in Lipstick

A lipstick with hundreds of hues. The iconic product that made M·A·C famous.

Formulated to shade, define and showcase the lips. Hundreds of hues, high-fashion textures. The iconic product that made M·A·C famous.

• What MAC lipstick is your favorite? 400 Answers
  • Whats your favorite MAC lipstick? Mine are shy girl and ...24 Answers
  • Is it true if you take empty containers you get a free pr...187 Answers
Buy on MAC Cos...*
  • "I love how creamy mac lipsticks are! The color payoff is amazing. I just really wish it was cheaper!" in 3677 reviews
  • "The only lipstick i purchase is MAC, i refuse to buy any other lipstick, there are so many colors to choose from and the color pay off is awesome. It is even better when you put in on your lips. There is a different color for everyone. It is also very long lasting and it doesn't feel nasty on your lips after a long period of time wearing it. " in 1320 reviews
  • "I have also tried MAC's foundation and eye liner, and must say, this is the best makeup I have used in a very long time." in 277 reviews
  • "My most often worn shades are Saint Germaint(baby pink), Ruby Woo(red), Snob(blu tone pink), Heroine(purple), Yash(creamy neutral),Creme de Nude(best nude), So Chaud(Orange),Blankety(taupe)and Candy Yum Yum(bright pink)" in 180 reviews
  • "I love the many different colors you can choose from and they last all day and night even if you are drinking a beverage it eating. " in 141 reviews
Alexis P.
South Hadley, MA
Review for: Other more...
My M•A•C lipstick pick of the day is Cream Cup!! A lot of people complain about the price of M•A•C lipstick but being a former employee who has recently reminded herself just how phenomenal their lipstick is...and always was, I must say it is so worth it. They’re so highly pigmented, long lasting, and as far as the texture of Cream Cup, it’s unbelievably rich and creamy, feeling like silk on your lips that’s going to stay put for the long haul. M•A•C provides such a wide variety of textures and formulations that if you don’t find a lipstick that you LOVE within their selection I’d be quite surprised!!
Now this I would’ve mentioned regardless, but It is my pleasure to point out a fantastic tradition to everyone and especially to the customer that finds M•A•C price point to be too costly. The ‘Back to M•A•C’ program that has been in place since fairly close to the birth of M•A•C in 1985 (which by the way started with their sole product being LIPSTICK that were produced in frying pans!) Ok, so back to explaining this superb program to those of you that may not be familiar with, here are the wonderful details that benefit you and the environment...Whenever you have five empty plastic M•A•C containers, or an item not so empty that you no longer use, everything from their twist up brow pencil, lipstick tubes, blush containers, lipgloss, really just about everything (from M•A•C) that was cased in plastic, bring those five containers into any M•A•C counter or store and you get to pick out a FREE lipstick of your choice and the plastic is recycled!! It’s a win, win for you and our planet!! As far as their price point, I think that their fore-mentioned program makes up for it, at least a little,...plus you’ve got to appreciate the fact that they’re conscious of the importance to get the materials they used recycled to benefit our lovely Earth. What better way to get you to bring them in with the promise of keeping your lips covered?! A+ to M•A•C for the brilliant and generous way to help get the job done! M.A.C Cosmetics Cremesheen Lipstick
Nathalia N.
bound brook
Review for: Dew, Lady Bug, Pink Plaid, Dressed To Thrill, Disobedient, Feeling Fizzy, Hot Gossip, Crème Cup, Diva-ish, Breathing Fire, Fanfare, Dare You, Fusion Pink, Cardinal, Cyber, Flat Out Fabulous, Angel, Men Love Mystery, Dreampot, Flamingo, Brave Red, Cockney, Amorous, Pale Rose, Cosmo, Crosswires more...
No puedo parar con esto, es realmente fantástico, amo TODA la gama de colores que tiene, su forma de humectar perfecta,¡Mi selección de lápiz labial M • A • C del día es Cream Cup !! Mucha gente se queja del precio del lápiz labial M • A • C, pero al ser una ex empleada que recientemente se recordó a sí misma lo fenomenal que es su lápiz labial ... y siempre lo fue, debo decir que vale la pena. Son tan altamente pigmentados, de larga duración, y en cuanto a la textura de Cream Cup, es increíblemente rica y cremosa, sintiéndose como la seda en tus labios que se mantendrá en el aire a largo plazo. M • A • C ofrece una variedad tan amplia de texturas y formulaciones que si no encuentras un lápiz labial que te ENCANTA dentro de su selección, ¡me sorprendería bastante!Ahora bien, esto lo habría mencionado independientemente, pero es un placer para mí señalar una tradición fantástica para todos y especialmente para el cliente que considera que el precio M • A • C es demasiado costoso. El programa 'Back to M • A • C' que ha estado en funcionamiento desde bastante cerca del nacimiento de M • A • C en 1985 (que, por cierto, comenzó con su único producto siendo LIPSTICK que se producían en sartenes). De acuerdo, volviendo a explicar este magnífico programa a aquellos de ustedes que quizás no estén familiarizados, aquí están los maravillosos detalles que los benefician a usted y al medioambiente ... Siempre que tenga cinco recipientes de plástico M • A • C vacíos, o un artículo no tan vacío que ya no usas, todo, desde su lápiz de cejas, tubos de lápiz labial, envases de rubor, brillo de labios, prácticamente todo (desde M • A • C) que estaba revestido de plástico, trae esos cinco contenedores a cualquier M • ¡En el mostrador o en la tienda de C, puedes elegir una barra de labios GRATIS de tu elección y el plástico se recicla! ¡Es una victoria, gana para ti y para nuestro planeta! En cuanto a su precio, creo que su programa mencionado lo compensa, al menos un poco, ... además, deben apreciar el hecho de que son conscientes de la importancia de obtener los materiales que necesitan. utilizado reciclado para beneficiar a nuestra hermosa Tierra. ¿Qué mejor manera de conseguir que los traigas con la promesa de mantener tus labios cubiertos? A + a M • A • C por la manera brillante y generosa de ayudar a hacer el trabajo! M.A.C Cosmetics Cremesheen Lipstick
Holly H.
Cushing
Review for: Japanese Maple, Crème Cup, Russian Red, Coral Bliss, Gel, Hug Me, Amorous, Kinda Sexy, Angel, Myth, Candy Yum-Yum, Media, Pervette, Crème d'Nude, Heroine, Honeylove, Pink Nouveau, Ruby Woo, Faux, Fresh Moroccan more...
When I first fell in love with makeup, Mac lipsticks were my addiction! With Mac's versatile color range and multiple lipstick finishes from Mac's Snob matte finish (one of my fav's that I always top off with Mac's Saint Germaine lipgloss) to The cremesheen finish of Crem D' Nude. Of course, when Kylie Jenner's lips took the world by storm, I replicated her look using the Mac Whirl lip pencil and dabbed Mac's lipstick in the color Whirl and Faux strategically into my lips to get that signature Kylie pouty color! These lipsticks last forever when taken care of, and will never go out of style! Their quality speaks for themselves. If you are new to makeup and on a budget, I would stick to four lipsticks if possible for my first purchase. For your nude lip, I loved Mac's Japanese Maple (cremesheen) or the total nude matte color Myth! For a colorful, spring/summer pink, I think Candy Yum Yum always stands out (I would also use the lip pencil in the color Heroine and line my entire lips and fill in the middle parts of my lips with Candy Yum Yum using my fingers to blend and give that ombré affect!) Of course, Mac's Ruby Woo is a wonderful red that flatters any skin tone! For a deep, fall look, I loved the deep colors of the lipsticks Media and Amorous! For a shocking purple, Mac's Heroine lipstick paired with Heroine lip liner never fails! For a soft, romantic lip, I loved to pair the Viva Glam VI by Rihanna with the lip pencil Whirl, or of course bring your lips into spring color by applying Mac's Snob lipstick topped with Saint Germaine lipgloss!! Coming from a lipstick fanatic, Mac Cosmetics lipsticks have the best range of color, while having a creamy formula that is easy to work with and create normal to fun looks. You will fall in love with your first purchase..just like I did!
Kaylin C.
Review for: Pure Zen, Pearly One more...
MAC's matte lipstick formulation is spot-on. They don't dry out my lips or settle in the lines, emphasizing dryness. Instead, they're creamy while still being matte, and the scent is amazing. One of the best parts of MAC lipstick, to me, is the vanilla scent they all have. I highly recommend trying a few MAC lipsticks in the store and going swatch-crazy on your hand. They have a variety of finishes available and hundreds of colors, so you're bound to find one you love

My favorite finish of MAC lipsticks is definitely the mattes. I currently own Whirl, Men Love Mystery, and So Select. So Select was a limited edition shade available for MAC's Select members earlier this year. It's a pretty "dirty rose" shade and the color is a "your lips but better" one for me, subtle but pretty. Whirl is probably the second most "wearable" shade after So Select. It's darker than So Select on me, although also described as a "Dirty Rose" by MAC's website. Seeing at theme here? Men Love Mystery is definitely a unique shade. If you've ever wanted a matte electric lavender, this is the one for you! I never would've picked this shade for myself, but when a girl from school with similar features to mine looked fabulous in it, I had to pick it up. I wear it more in the Spring and Summer because I like the way it looks with a bit of a tan, and it's just a more vibrant color.

I highly recommend that all lipstick lovers pick up at least one MAC lipstick if they haven't already! I remember the luxurious feeling of buying my very first one fairly recently. The lipstick bullets are sleek and modern, and look awesome in your acrylic lipstick holder. But that's not really the important part.
Vanessa C.
Norwalk, CA
This is a product I stop wearing within the past couple of years when liquid lipsticks became a huge trend. However, I find myself reaching for this type of lipstick more, especially during the dry, winter season. With a bit of chapstick before application, these lipsticks apply smoothly. They may not be transfer resistance, but it’s worth it as their formula does not dry out my lips! I have tried very single formula of lipstick they had and a decent range of shades, ranging from nudes to reds to unusual colors. My absolute favorite shade is Whirl, a nice mauve pink color.

Another thing I enjoy is their mini lipsticks! Same formula, smaller size for a cheaper price. This is prefect for those who like to wear unusual colors but don’t wear it often and those we want to try new shades without hurting their wallets!
Nikki P.
Lenexa, KS
I have always loved all of MAC’s lipsticks I’ve owned. I’m going to review the lipstick I received today from Nordstrom for free for #nationallipstickday called Epic. This is rich pigmented lipstick with major color pay off. This is a great shine-free lipstick. Though it’s a warm purple it looks great with my skin tone. The color is true to the lipstick tube after it’s on your lips. It surprisingly keeps my lips hydrated throughout the day. So far it’s been on my lips for 5 hours and it’s still going strong. I’m so excited about adding this lipstick to my collection and I definitely recommend it. (It’s a little bit pinker in the picture than in reality but here’s it is!)
Sarah O.
Washington, DC
Review for: Captive, Pink Plaid, Plumful, Hot Gossip more...
I love MAC lipstick. I have a love hate relationship with wearing lipstick but MAC is definitely one of my favorite brands for lipstick. The matte is not my favorite but for a matte lipstick I prefer MAC's. They last a good amount of time which is nice. Although, I much prefer the satin formula. I feel they are reasonably priced in the midrange area and are worth the money. They have a wide selection of colors and finishes. I feel there is a color for everyone. I do think that the lipsticks fade nicely even without a lipliner. Although, this could be due to the colors that I own. I own mostly nudes and mauve pinks. I like the packaging but my mother says they look like a sex toy which is kind of true but overlooking that it is a good product. I will definitely be buying more to add to my collection.
Kaylin F.
Plaistow, NH
Review for: Smoked Purple, Ruby Woo, Girl About Town, Hot Gossip, Vegas Volt, Morange, Russian Red, Velvet Teddy, Crème In Your Coffee, Snob, Heroine, Diva, Chili, Cyber, Peach Blossom, Saigon Summer, Please Me, Saint Germain, Up The Amp, Pure Zen, Candy Yum-Yum, Pink Pearl Pop, Syrup, Rebel, Hang-Up, Other more...
Over the time that I've been wearing makeup and started buying and collecting more I've gotten around 30 MAC lipsticks. The quality is really nice. They have a really light vanilla scent, the packaging is very sleek looking and I love when they have the limited edition tubes. Nearly all of them are comfortable to wear and I think they have a color for everyone. They come in a variety of finishes and I think I've tried just about all of them, they all feel really nice and moisturizing with the exception of a few matte ones that feel quite dry (Ruby Woo for example) but for the most part they feel really nice to wear. They do transfer or fade when you're eating and drinking so you will need to touch these up but MAC doesn't claim that they hold up all day (like some liquid lipsticks do), for a normal lipstick tube this is to be expected. I've switched to wearing mostly matte liquid lipsticks but I still wear some of my MAC ones, some of my holy grail lipstick shades are MAC like syrup (my favorite), velvet teddy, up the amp, rebel, and hang up. Over the years the prices have been slowly increasing as people are starting to spend more on other high end lipsticks but I think that generally these are worth the price.
Laura S.
Milwaukee, WI
Review for: Dark Side, Pretty Please, Dressed To Thrill, Persistence, Half 'N Half, Mac Red, Ruby Woo, Fresh Moroccan, Power Driven, Crème Cup, Russian Red, Velvet Teddy, By Special Order, Creme De La Femme, Crème In Your Coffee, Mud Wrestler, Fanfare, Crème d'Nude, Dare You, Modesty, In The Spirit, Patisserie, Plumful, Cardinal, Film Noir, On Hold, Angel, Peach Blossom, Midimauve, Pink Nouveau, Dangerous, Politely Pink, Honeylove, Intoxica, Brave Red, Pearly One, Fast Play, Please Me, Plum Dandy, Fresh Brew, Hug Me, Amorous, Hades Fire, Taupe, Dubonnet, Peachstock, Hang-Up, Lady Danger, Jupiter more...
I would have to say that MAC lipsticks are my absolute favorite! I love how creamy they are and how they just glide on my lips! I really enjoy that they do not dry my lips out like other brands do.
I really enjoy the fact that they have such a huge collection of different colors along with different finishes.  Personally, the best ones are the matte and satin finishes.

The consistency of these lipsticks are phenomenal and even though many will complain about the price, I really do think it's worth it!  These lipsticks last me a while and plus, they are such good quality!
I remember trying MAC lipsticks for the first time and I was hooked! I don't think I've ever spent so much money on lipsticks from a different brand.
Lily P.
Review for: Russian Red more...
Russian red was my first lipstick so it holds a special place in my heart. It is a beautiful bluish red lipstick and it makes my teeth look whiter when I wear it. I used to wear it a lot but now I don't wear it as often because it's more drying compared to other red lipsticks I own.
If I wear this shade, I make sure to prep my lips (lip scrub, and a heavy lip moisturizer) to try and minimize the dryness from the lipstick. I don't wear a lipliner with this shade (no feathering) and it looks great after eating once I finish my touchups. I would definitely recommend mac lipstick overall because even though Russian red was drying for me the color looks great so I am willing to deal with the dryness.
tracy m.
What MAC lipstick is your favorite?
Corie C.
Charlotte, NC
Is it true if you take empty containers you get a free product?
Karina A.
Is it really worth buy a Mac Lipsticks??
patty a.
Whats your favorite MAC lipstick?
Davia G.
Huntsville, AL
Would the fact that a portion of all sales given to a charity make you want to purchase it more?