BY M.A.C. COSMETICS #6 in Lipstick

A lipstick with hundreds of hues. The iconic product that made M·A·C famous.

Formulated to shade, define and showcase the lips. Hundreds of hues, high-fashion textures. The iconic product that made M·A·C famous.

M.A.C Cosmetics Lipstick
  • "I love how creamy mac lipsticks are! The color payoff is amazing. I just really wish it was cheaper!" in 3677 reviews
  • "The only lipstick i purchase is MAC, i refuse to buy any other lipstick, there are so many colors to choose from and the color pay off is awesome. It is even better when you put in on your lips. There is a different color for everyone. It is also very long lasting and it doesn't feel nasty on your lips after a long period of time wearing it. " in 1320 reviews
  • "I have also tried MAC's foundation and eye liner, and must say, this is the best makeup I have used in a very long time." in 277 reviews
  • "My most often worn shades are Saint Germaint(baby pink), Ruby Woo(red), Snob(blu tone pink), Heroine(purple), Yash(creamy neutral),Creme de Nude(best nude), So Chaud(Orange),Blankety(taupe)and Candy Yum Yum(bright pink)" in 180 reviews
  • "I love the many different colors you can choose from and they last all day and night even if you are drinking a beverage it eating. " in 141 reviews
Nathali v.
sandston
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: Forbidden Romance more...
I recently was able to travel to Chicago and go to a MAC store! I have only ever been to a MAC counter once in my whole life and I fell in love instantly with everything I saw! Everything was absolutely beautiful, and I was devastated when I didn't have the money to purchase anything. But, when I went to Chicago, I finally was able to go to a complete MAC store and I was in Heaven! From my first visit to a counter, I knew the exact things I wanted. I wanted some matte lipstick!

I would like to state that MAC lipstick is seen as expensive, and I really don't think people should think it's overly expensive. I bought two lipsticks for $34 and they're so pigmented and amazing, all you need is one swipe and you can cover your whole entire lip. $17 for a lipstick that will last you years is definitely not too expensive!

The packaging is so sleek and amazing, as well. The bullets close with a nice click that lets you know it's good for the go. The smooth feeling of the bullet is just perfect. It really does feel like luxury makeup without being tacky. The bullet even has small sparkles in it that makes the encasing shine so beautifully! One of the lipsticks I bought was Ariana Grande's Viva Glam matte lipstick, which is a gorgeous color. But what's really cool is that the bullet is specially made. Instead of silver detailing, the detailing is a gorgeous red color, which even has Ari's signature written on the inside! The box it came in is plain black with red, foil-plated signature on it, as well. The packaging is to die for, and I can imagine myself keeping the packaging forever!

Ari's Viva Glam matte lipstick is supposed to be the 'bad girl' shade while her lipglass is the 'good girl' shade. I was torn between which one to grab, the gloss or the stick. I am so happy that I grabbed the lipstick! It is the most beautiful deep, red-purple shade I have ever seen. It's so deep, it looks black inside of the container! But I promise that it is a gorgeous plum shade that is just to die for! It glides onto the lips like butter, but dries down to be an amazing matte shade that lasts forever! I did find that some transferred off when I started to drink and eat, but the stain of it lasts on your lips and it's so easy to reapply, I don't complain!

The next shade I got is a cult classic. No, it's not Ruby Woo! It's Velvet Teddy, another amazing matte shade that is drool worthy. It's a jaw-dropping pink/nude shade that makes your lips look natural but better than ever. If you're looking for the perfect your-lips-but-better shade, Velvet Teddy is it! It's a lipstick that you put on once and cannot get enough of! I absolutely love the color payoff and just how long these lipsticks last.

What's great about the lipsticks, as well, is that they are so creamy, even though they are matte. They are not drying on the lips at all. It actually feels like there's nothing on your lips! I couldn't be happier with the formulas! A hidden bonus that I never knew, as well, is that the lipsticks smell like cookies! They aren't overbearingly sweet smelling, so you won't smell them all day long, and they don't make me nauseous like most sweet scents do. They scent is so subtle, but is the best little surprise in the whole world!

If you're cautious when it comes to buying these shades, please release your suspicions and purchase some MAC lipstick! It's the best lipstick I have ever tried in my whole entire life and I cannot wait to get the money to buy more lipsticks, and other products, from them.

If you read this whole entire review, make sure to comment some of your favorite MAC products so I can try those out and review them next. I would love some recommendations from my combination skin friends!
Alexis P.
South Hadley, MA
Review for: Other more...
My M•A•C lipstick pick of the day is Cream Cup!! A lot of people complain about the price of M•A•C lipstick but being a former employee who has recently reminded herself just how phenomenal their lipstick is...and always was, I must say it is so worth it. They’re so highly pigmented, long lasting, and as far as the texture of Cream Cup, it’s unbelievably rich and creamy, feeling like silk on your lips that’s going to stay put for the long haul. M•A•C provides such a wide variety of textures and formulations that if you don’t find a lipstick that you LOVE within their selection I’d be quite surprised!!
Now this I would’ve mentioned regardless, but It is my pleasure to point out a fantastic tradition to everyone and especially to the customer that finds M•A•C price point to be too costly. The ‘Back to M•A•C’ program that has been in place since fairly close to the birth of M•A•C in 1985 (which by the way started with their sole product being LIPSTICK that were produced in frying pans!) Ok, so back to explaining this superb program to those of you that may not be familiar with, here are the wonderful details that benefit you and the environment...Whenever you have five empty plastic M•A•C containers, or an item not so empty that you no longer use, everything from their twist up brow pencil, lipstick tubes, blush containers, lipgloss, really just about everything (from M•A•C) that was cased in plastic, bring those five containers into any M•A•C counter or store and you get to pick out a FREE lipstick of your choice and the plastic is recycled!! It’s a win, win for you and our planet!! As far as their price point, I think that their fore-mentioned program makes up for it, at least a little,...plus you’ve got to appreciate the fact that they’re conscious of the importance to get the materials they used recycled to benefit our lovely Earth. What better way to get you to bring them in with the promise of keeping your lips covered?! A+ to M•A•C for the brilliant and generous way to help get the job done! M.A.C Cosmetics Cremesheen Lipstick
Kaylin C.
Review for: Pure Zen, Pearly One more...
MAC's matte lipstick formulation is spot-on. They don't dry out my lips or settle in the lines, emphasizing dryness. Instead, they're creamy while still being matte, and the scent is amazing. One of the best parts of MAC lipstick, to me, is the vanilla scent they all have. I highly recommend trying a few MAC lipsticks in the store and going swatch-crazy on your hand. They have a variety of finishes available and hundreds of colors, so you're bound to find one you love

My favorite finish of MAC lipsticks is definitely the mattes. I currently own Whirl, Men Love Mystery, and So Select. So Select was a limited edition shade available for MAC's Select members earlier this year. It's a pretty "dirty rose" shade and the color is a "your lips but better" one for me, subtle but pretty. Whirl is probably the second most "wearable" shade after So Select. It's darker than So Select on me, although also described as a "Dirty Rose" by MAC's website. Seeing at theme here? Men Love Mystery is definitely a unique shade. If you've ever wanted a matte electric lavender, this is the one for you! I never would've picked this shade for myself, but when a girl from school with similar features to mine looked fabulous in it, I had to pick it up. I wear it more in the Spring and Summer because I like the way it looks with a bit of a tan, and it's just a more vibrant color.

I highly recommend that all lipstick lovers pick up at least one MAC lipstick if they haven't already! I remember the luxurious feeling of buying my very first one fairly recently. The lipstick bullets are sleek and modern, and look awesome in your acrylic lipstick holder. But that's not really the important part.
Nathalia N.
bound brook
Review for: Dew, Lady Bug, Pink Plaid, Dressed To Thrill, Disobedient, Feeling Fizzy, Hot Gossip, Crème Cup, Diva-ish, Breathing Fire, Fanfare, Dare You, Fusion Pink, Cardinal, Cyber, Flat Out Fabulous, Angel, Men Love Mystery, Dreampot, Flamingo, Brave Red, Cockney, Amorous, Pale Rose, Cosmo, Crosswires more...
No puedo parar con esto, es realmente fantástico, amo TODA la gama de colores que tiene, su forma de humectar perfecta,¡Mi selección de lápiz labial M • A • C del día es Cream Cup !! Mucha gente se queja del precio del lápiz labial M • A • C, pero al ser una ex empleada que recientemente se recordó a sí misma lo fenomenal que es su lápiz labial ... y siempre lo fue, debo decir que vale la pena. Son tan altamente pigmentados, de larga duración, y en cuanto a la textura de Cream Cup, es increíblemente rica y cremosa, sintiéndose como la seda en tus labios que se mantendrá en el aire a largo plazo. M • A • C ofrece una variedad tan amplia de texturas y formulaciones que si no encuentras un lápiz labial que te ENCANTA dentro de su selección, ¡me sorprendería bastante!Ahora bien, esto lo habría mencionado independientemente, pero es un placer para mí señalar una tradición fantástica para todos y especialmente para el cliente que considera que el precio M • A • C es demasiado costoso. El programa 'Back to M • A • C' que ha estado en funcionamiento desde bastante cerca del nacimiento de M • A • C en 1985 (que, por cierto, comenzó con su único producto siendo LIPSTICK que se producían en sartenes). De acuerdo, volviendo a explicar este magnífico programa a aquellos de ustedes que quizás no estén familiarizados, aquí están los maravillosos detalles que los benefician a usted y al medioambiente ... Siempre que tenga cinco recipientes de plástico M • A • C vacíos, o un artículo no tan vacío que ya no usas, todo, desde su lápiz de cejas, tubos de lápiz labial, envases de rubor, brillo de labios, prácticamente todo (desde M • A • C) que estaba revestido de plástico, trae esos cinco contenedores a cualquier M • ¡En el mostrador o en la tienda de C, puedes elegir una barra de labios GRATIS de tu elección y el plástico se recicla! ¡Es una victoria, gana para ti y para nuestro planeta! En cuanto a su precio, creo que su programa mencionado lo compensa, al menos un poco, ... además, deben apreciar el hecho de que son conscientes de la importancia de obtener los materiales que necesitan. utilizado reciclado para beneficiar a nuestra hermosa Tierra. ¿Qué mejor manera de conseguir que los traigas con la promesa de mantener tus labios cubiertos? A + a M • A • C por la manera brillante y generosa de ayudar a hacer el trabajo! M.A.C Cosmetics Cremesheen Lipstick
Vanessa C.
Norwalk, CA
This is a product I stop wearing within the past couple of years when liquid lipsticks became a huge trend. However, I find myself reaching for this type of lipstick more, especially during the dry, winter season. With a bit of chapstick before application, these lipsticks apply smoothly. They may not be transfer resistance, but it’s worth it as their formula does not dry out my lips! I have tried very single formula of lipstick they had and a decent range of shades, ranging from nudes to reds to unusual colors. My absolute favorite shade is Whirl, a nice mauve pink color.

Another thing I enjoy is their mini lipsticks! Same formula, smaller size for a cheaper price. This is prefect for those who like to wear unusual colors but don’t wear it often and those we want to try new shades without hurting their wallets!
Molly S.
Chattanooga
I am obsessed with MAC makeup! There is no better brand readily available across the US. It is great that there is a company that carries a large number of colors and textures with each product. One of my favorite things about MAC lipstick is they do not use any rendered animal byproducts in them. Because of this, the lipstick lasts a very long time before getting spoiled/stinky. This is important if you have a large collection of colors that you do not wear on a regular basis. Most other brands will begin to smell after a year or two, but I have quite a few MAC lipsticks from 2005—yes, you read that right, 2005—that are still in awesome condition and don't smell any different than they did when I bought them. Their recycling program is great too, and a wonderful way to get a free new lipstick.
Nikki N.
Lenexa, KS
I have always loved all of MAC’s lipsticks I’ve owned. I’m going to review the lipstick I received today from Nordstrom for free for #nationallipstickday called Epic. This is rich pigmented lipstick with major color pay off. This is a great shine-free lipstick. Though it’s a warm purple it looks great with my skin tone. The color is true to the lipstick tube after it’s on your lips. It surprisingly keeps my lips hydrated throughout the day. So far it’s been on my lips for 5 hours and it’s still going strong. I’m so excited about adding this lipstick to my collection and I definitely recommend it. (It’s a little bit pinker in the picture than in reality but here’s it is!)
Laura S.
Milwaukee, WI
Review for: Dark Side, Pretty Please, Dressed To Thrill, Persistence, Half 'N Half, Mac Red, Ruby Woo, Fresh Moroccan, Power Driven, Crème Cup, Russian Red, Velvet Teddy, By Special Order, Creme De La Femme, Crème In Your Coffee, Mud Wrestler, Fanfare, Crème d'Nude, Dare You, Modesty, In The Spirit, Patisserie, Plumful, Cardinal, Film Noir, On Hold, Angel, Peach Blossom, Midimauve, Pink Nouveau, Dangerous, Politely Pink, Honeylove, Intoxica, Brave Red, Pearly One, Fast Play, Please Me, Plum Dandy, Fresh Brew, Hug Me, Amorous, Hades Fire, Taupe, Dubonnet, Peachstock, Hang-Up, Lady Danger, Jupiter more...
I would have to say that MAC lipsticks are my absolute favorite! I love how creamy they are and how they just glide on my lips! I really enjoy that they do not dry my lips out like other brands do.
I really enjoy the fact that they have such a huge collection of different colors along with different finishes.  Personally, the best ones are the matte and satin finishes.

The consistency of these lipsticks are phenomenal and even though many will complain about the price, I really do think it's worth it!  These lipsticks last me a while and plus, they are such good quality!
I remember trying MAC lipsticks for the first time and I was hooked! I don't think I've ever spent so much money on lipsticks from a different brand.
Noelle M.
Spokane Valley
Review for: Ionized Iris more...
I actually got the aaliyah one, I know I'm late but this was my first one and while it's a lovely lipstick with a decent enough formula (a little on the dry side but im sure that's for durability of the color) I just wasnt as wowed as I thought I would be. The way people talk about these its almost like they're the best in existence, but the price tag is sorta ridiculous. I just think there are more important steps in makeup that deserve me spending the big bucks and that's on the lips or brows. I will give the packaging 5 stars cause it does feel lux but other than making me feel high maintenance AF, it's just not that awesome.
Renee C.
Review for: Velvet Teddy more...
I only recently started buying MAC lipsticks, and I am addicted! For me, the Matte Lipsticks are the best. Long-lasting and superior quality - I do not find them to be drying, but I always use chapstick first. I love Russian Red, but she will get on my teeth at least once - a beautiful blue-red that makes my teeth look whiter! She is the only one I have the teeth "issue" with, but I'm sure it has to do with her intense pigment. I wouldn't trade her for anything. Velvet Teddy is my favorite so far, I bought a small tube and simply adore her. She is a beige-nude, and I pair her with Doubletime pro longwear lip pencil (a pinky-brown nude). I also get many compliments on Sending Love (limited edition, a pinky-nude with high-shine cremesheen finish). Although I wish she were matte, I like this finish better than Satin. I thought I would love Twig, but it is a Satin finish. She did better with no chapstick and a more dry lip pencil , but is not my favorite.  I am patiently waiting on my order for Mehr (close to Twig, but more pink), Candy Yum-Yum, and Pink Plaid - all Mattes with blue undertones. Again, I love the durability and long-lasting wear of these lipsticks. I have trouble with many other lipsticks that make my lips tingle - there is an ingredient in "cheaper" ones that I react to. I have never had any issue with MAC or tarte, but MAC lasts all day.

tracy m.
What MAC lipstick is your favorite?
Corie C.
Charlotte, NC
Is it true if you take empty containers you get a free product?
Karina A.
Is it really worth buy a Mac Lipsticks??
patty a.
Whats your favorite MAC lipstick?
Davia C.
Huntsville, AL
Would the fact that a portion of all sales given to a charity make you want to purchase it more?