BY M.A.C. COSMETICS #3 in Lipstick

A lipstick with hundreds of hues. The iconic product that made M·A·C famous.

Formulated to shade, define and showcase the lips. Hundreds of hues, high-fashion textures. The iconic product that made M·A·C famous.

M.A.C Cosmetics Lipstick
  • "I love how creamy mac lipsticks are! The color payoff is amazing. I just really wish it was cheaper!" in 3677 reviews
  • "The only lipstick i purchase is MAC, i refuse to buy any other lipstick, there are so many colors to choose from and the color pay off is awesome. It is even better when you put in on your lips. There is a different color for everyone. It is also very long lasting and it doesn't feel nasty on your lips after a long period of time wearing it. " in 1320 reviews
  • "I have also tried MAC's foundation and eye liner, and must say, this is the best makeup I have used in a very long time." in 277 reviews
  • "My most often worn shades are Saint Germaint(baby pink), Ruby Woo(red), Snob(blu tone pink), Heroine(purple), Yash(creamy neutral),Creme de Nude(best nude), So Chaud(Orange),Blankety(taupe)and Candy Yum Yum(bright pink)" in 180 reviews
  • "I love the many different colors you can choose from and they last all day and night even if you are drinking a beverage it eating. " in 141 reviews
Nathali v.
sandston
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: Forbidden Romance more...
I recently was able to travel to Chicago and go to a MAC store! I have only ever been to a MAC counter once in my whole life and I fell in love instantly with everything I saw! Everything was absolutely beautiful, and I was devastated when I didn't have the money to purchase anything. But, when I went to Chicago, I finally was able to go to a complete MAC store and I was in Heaven! From my first visit to a counter, I knew the exact things I wanted. I wanted some matte lipstick!

I would like to state that MAC lipstick is seen as expensive, and I really don't think people should think it's overly expensive. I bought two lipsticks for $34 and they're so pigmented and amazing, all you need is one swipe and you can cover your whole entire lip. $17 for a lipstick that will last you years is definitely not too expensive!

The packaging is so sleek and amazing, as well. The bullets close with a nice click that lets you know it's good for the go. The smooth feeling of the bullet is just perfect. It really does feel like luxury makeup without being tacky. The bullet even has small sparkles in it that makes the encasing shine so beautifully! One of the lipsticks I bought was Ariana Grande's Viva Glam matte lipstick, which is a gorgeous color. But what's really cool is that the bullet is specially made. Instead of silver detailing, the detailing is a gorgeous red color, which even has Ari's signature written on the inside! The box it came in is plain black with red, foil-plated signature on it, as well. The packaging is to die for, and I can imagine myself keeping the packaging forever!

Ari's Viva Glam matte lipstick is supposed to be the 'bad girl' shade while her lipglass is the 'good girl' shade. I was torn between which one to grab, the gloss or the stick. I am so happy that I grabbed the lipstick! It is the most beautiful deep, red-purple shade I have ever seen. It's so deep, it looks black inside of the container! But I promise that it is a gorgeous plum shade that is just to die for! It glides onto the lips like butter, but dries down to be an amazing matte shade that lasts forever! I did find that some transferred off when I started to drink and eat, but the stain of it lasts on your lips and it's so easy to reapply, I don't complain!

The next shade I got is a cult classic. No, it's not Ruby Woo! It's Velvet Teddy, another amazing matte shade that is drool worthy. It's a jaw-dropping pink/nude shade that makes your lips look natural but better than ever. If you're looking for the perfect your-lips-but-better shade, Velvet Teddy is it! It's a lipstick that you put on once and cannot get enough of! I absolutely love the color payoff and just how long these lipsticks last.

What's great about the lipsticks, as well, is that they are so creamy, even though they are matte. They are not drying on the lips at all. It actually feels like there's nothing on your lips! I couldn't be happier with the formulas! A hidden bonus that I never knew, as well, is that the lipsticks smell like cookies! They aren't overbearingly sweet smelling, so you won't smell them all day long, and they don't make me nauseous like most sweet scents do. They scent is so subtle, but is the best little surprise in the whole world!

If you're cautious when it comes to buying these shades, please release your suspicions and purchase some MAC lipstick! It's the best lipstick I have ever tried in my whole entire life and I cannot wait to get the money to buy more lipsticks, and other products, from them.

If you read this whole entire review, make sure to comment some of your favorite MAC products so I can try those out and review them next. I would love some recommendations from my combination skin friends!
Mary H.
Review for: Dark Side, Pretty Please, Lovelorn, Lady Bug, Kinda Sexy, Mangrove, How Tropical, In Lust, Half 'N Half, Brave, Ruby Woo, Relentlessly Red, Mac Red, Craving, Crème Cup, Lazy Lullaby, Coral Bliss, Love’s A Gamble, By Special Order, Brick-O-La, Heaux, Fanfare, Media, Mehr, Crème d'Nude, Dare You, Patisserie, Japanese Maple, Party Line, Giddy, On Hold, Angel, Peach Blossom, Dangerous, Honeylove, Intoxica, Bombshell, Brave Red, See Sheer, Fast Play, Please Me, Plum Dandy, Cockney, Amorous, Pure Zen, Hue, Dubonnet, Cosmo, Lady Danger, Crosswires more...
I recently was able to travel to Texas and go to a MAC store! I have only ever been to a MAC counter once in my whole life and I fell in love instantly with everything I saw! Everything was absolutely beautiful, and I was devastated when I didn't have the money to purchase anything. But, when I went to Texas, I finally was able to go to a complete MAC store and I was in Heaven! From my first visit to a counter, I knew the exact things I wanted. I wanted some matte lipstick!
Jina K.
Farmingtn Hls, MI
Purchased at: Macy's
I have few different Mac lipsticks. I really love the color from newest collection called M.A.C Cosmetics Powder Kiss Lipstick The shade call Mull It Over. It is best shade i had from MAC! I use for my lip and cheeks also I use for base shade! It’s Ultra matte lipstick but very hydrated. It is matte lipstick but texture like lip balm!
Alexis P.
South Hadley, MA
Review for: Other more...
My M•A•C lipstick pick of the day is Cream Cup!! A lot of people complain about the price of M•A•C lipstick but being a former employee who has recently reminded herself just how phenomenal their lipstick is...and always was, I must say it is so worth it. They’re so highly pigmented, long lasting, and as far as the texture of Cream Cup, it’s unbelievably rich and creamy, feeling like silk on your lips that’s going to stay put for the long haul. M•A•C provides such a wide variety of textures and formulations that if you don’t find a lipstick that you LOVE within their selection I’d be quite surprised!!
Now this I would’ve mentioned regardless, but It is my pleasure to point out a fantastic tradition to everyone and especially to the customer that finds M•A•C price point to be too costly. The ‘Back to M•A•C’ program that has been in place since fairly close to the birth of M•A•C in 1985 (which by the way started with their sole product being LIPSTICK that were produced in frying pans!) Ok, so back to explaining this superb program to those of you that may not be familiar with, here are the wonderful details that benefit you and the environment...Whenever you have five empty plastic M•A•C containers, or an item not so empty that you no longer use, everything from their twist up brow pencil, lipstick tubes, blush containers, lipgloss, really just about everything (from M•A•C) that was cased in plastic, bring those five containers into any M•A•C counter or store and you get to pick out a FREE lipstick of your choice and the plastic is recycled!! It’s a win, win for you and our planet!! As far as their price point, I think that their fore-mentioned program makes up for it, at least a little,...plus you’ve got to appreciate the fact that they’re conscious of the importance to get the materials they used recycled to benefit our lovely Earth. What better way to get you to bring them in with the promise of keeping your lips covered?! A+ to M•A•C for the brilliant and generous way to help get the job done! M.A.C Cosmetics Cremesheen Lipstick
Kaylin C.
Review for: Pure Zen, Pearly One more...
MAC's matte lipstick formulation is spot-on. They don't dry out my lips or settle in the lines, emphasizing dryness. Instead, they're creamy while still being matte, and the scent is amazing. One of the best parts of MAC lipstick, to me, is the vanilla scent they all have. I highly recommend trying a few MAC lipsticks in the store and going swatch-crazy on your hand. They have a variety of finishes available and hundreds of colors, so you're bound to find one you love

My favorite finish of MAC lipsticks is definitely the mattes. I currently own Whirl, Men Love Mystery, and So Select. So Select was a limited edition shade available for MAC's Select members earlier this year. It's a pretty "dirty rose" shade and the color is a "your lips but better" one for me, subtle but pretty. Whirl is probably the second most "wearable" shade after So Select. It's darker than So Select on me, although also described as a "Dirty Rose" by MAC's website. Seeing at theme here? Men Love Mystery is definitely a unique shade. If you've ever wanted a matte electric lavender, this is the one for you! I never would've picked this shade for myself, but when a girl from school with similar features to mine looked fabulous in it, I had to pick it up. I wear it more in the Spring and Summer because I like the way it looks with a bit of a tan, and it's just a more vibrant color.

I highly recommend that all lipstick lovers pick up at least one MAC lipstick if they haven't already! I remember the luxurious feeling of buying my very first one fairly recently. The lipstick bullets are sleek and modern, and look awesome in your acrylic lipstick holder. But that's not really the important part.
Tara M.
Purchased at: Macy's
Review for: Politely Pink more...
MAC’s matte lipstick in the shade Velvet Teddy is hands down my favorite color they’ve offered thus far. The pigmentation is a deep-tone beige and looks great on my honey complexion. The formula is not overly drying like most other matte lipsticks and is creamy enough to glide on without patchiness. It provides an outstanding color payoff and lasts quite a while before needing to reapply. I recommend this shade to anyone who loves a nude lip look; I really can’t imagine it looking anything less than beautiful on any skin tone!
Latifa H.
Charlottesvle, VA
Purchased at: Macy's
I have always left traditional MAC Cosmetics lipstick’s despite being very expensive they last very long on the lips and do not dry out my lips. I used the red lipstick in the picture. This was taken after lunch at s steakhouse and the lipstick still lasted for hours after that. I would recommend lipsticks from MAC since they carry amazing colors and have superior quality.
lulu K.
Alexandria, VA
Purchased at: Macy's
Review for: Aim for Gorgeous more...
M.A.C Cosmetics LipstickThis is a super comfy lip to wear. It’s not completely matte though and does move and come off easily. I love the color, it’s the only perfect nude I’ve found to match my skin tone without making me look ghostly or too pink. I just put some on and dab it with my finger to make it look more seamless and natural. Love the range of shades and different formulas MAC has, i do wish they lasted longer on the lips though.
Kathryn M.
MAC lipsticks are amazing! Ok, you probably already knew that, but you want to know why. You can find every color under the sun. You can find matte, gloss, high pigment, etc. they are thick enough for good coverage but not too thick. They are affordable for the quality. You cannot go wrong! But this particular color, it is just sexy. It is also very versatile. 3 of my friends with very different skin tones wear this and love it!
Carole C.
County Club Hills
love love love this lipstick!!!!! I love all of Mac colors,  it is so easy to apply.  Looks so beautiful with a lipliner or without. The value is very well worth purchasing.  I have so many Mac Lips colors I just can't get enough of them, I would recommend this product with any hesitation!!!
tracy m.
What MAC lipstick is your favorite?
Corie C.
Charlotte, NC
Is it true if you take empty containers you get a free product?
Karina A.
Is it really worth buy a Mac Lipsticks??
patty a.
Whats your favorite MAC lipstick?
Davia C.
Huntsville, AL
Would the fact that a portion of all sales given to a charity make you want to purchase it more?