M.A.C Cosmetics Lipstick
A lipstick with hundreds of hues. The iconic product that made M·A·C famous.
Formulated to shade, define and showcase the lips. Hundreds of hues, high-fashion textures. The iconic product that made M·A·C famous.see more...
Top Questions See all 13,912 Q&A
- "I love how creamy mac lipsticks are! The color payoff is amazing. I just really wish it was cheaper!" in 3677 reviews
- "The only lipstick i purchase is MAC, i refuse to buy any other lipstick, there are so many colors to choose from and the color pay off is awesome. It is even better when you put in on your lips. There is a different color for everyone. It is also very long lasting and it doesn't feel nasty on your lips after a long period of time wearing it. " in 1320 reviews
- "I have also tried MAC's foundation and eye liner, and must say, this is the best makeup I have used in a very long time." in 277 reviews
- "My most often worn shades are Saint Germaint(baby pink), Ruby Woo(red), Snob(blu tone pink), Heroine(purple), Yash(creamy neutral),Creme de Nude(best nude), So Chaud(Orange),Blankety(taupe)and Candy Yum Yum(bright pink)" in 180 reviews
- "I love the many different colors you can choose from and they last all day and night even if you are drinking a beverage it eating. " in 141 reviews
Now this I would’ve mentioned regardless, but It is my pleasure to point out a fantastic tradition to everyone and especially to the customer that finds M•A•C price point to be too costly. The ‘Back to M•A•C’ program that has been in place since fairly close to the birth of M•A•C in 1985 (which by the way started with their sole product being LIPSTICK that were produced in frying pans!) Ok, so back to explaining this superb program to those of you that may not be familiar with, here are the wonderful details that benefit you and the environment...Whenever you have five empty plastic M•A•C containers, or an item not so empty that you no longer use, everything from their twist up brow pencil, lipstick tubes, blush containers, lipgloss, really just about everything (from M•A•C) that was cased in plastic, bring those five containers into any M•A•C counter or store and you get to pick out a FREE lipstick of your choice and the plastic is recycled!! It’s a win, win for you and our planet!! As far as their price point, I think that their fore-mentioned program makes up for it, at least a little,...plus you’ve got to appreciate the fact that they’re conscious of the importance to get the materials they used recycled to benefit our lovely Earth. What better way to get you to bring them in with the promise of keeping your lips covered?! A+ to M•A•C for the brilliant and generous way to help get the job done! M.A.C Cosmetics Cremesheen Lipstick
My favorite finish of MAC lipsticks is definitely the mattes. I currently own Whirl, Men Love Mystery, and So Select. So Select was a limited edition shade available for MAC's Select members earlier this year. It's a pretty "dirty rose" shade and the color is a "your lips but better" one for me, subtle but pretty. Whirl is probably the second most "wearable" shade after So Select. It's darker than So Select on me, although also described as a "Dirty Rose" by MAC's website. Seeing at theme here? Men Love Mystery is definitely a unique shade. If you've ever wanted a matte electric lavender, this is the one for you! I never would've picked this shade for myself, but when a girl from school with similar features to mine looked fabulous in it, I had to pick it up. I wear it more in the Spring and Summer because I like the way it looks with a bit of a tan, and it's just a more vibrant color.
I highly recommend that all lipstick lovers pick up at least one MAC lipstick if they haven't already! I remember the luxurious feeling of buying my very first one fairly recently. The lipstick bullets are sleek and modern, and look awesome in your acrylic lipstick holder. But that's not really the important part.
I don't think their lipsticks work for me, personally. Here are the main problems I've had with them:
- The formula is too dry to spread evenly on my lips. It sort of skips, and I have to use the right primer for it to go on smoothly.
- The formula transfers REALLY easily. It's not such a big deal with nudes, but Russian Red got on my teeth, got smudged in random trajectories at the slightest brush of the back of my hand...I loved that color, but it just wasn't sustainable for me. Reapplying every ten minutes during DragonCon. Standing up after a meeting and rushing to make sure my tendency to rest my hand against my chin didn't sabotage me.
Maybe I should have been blotting and reapplying. Laying a tissue over my lips and applying translucent powder. People like me will never understand what those who came before me put up with just to wear the most saturated, perfect reds that anyone could conceive.
The first color I bought was something not too harsh, but not my natural lip color, which ended up being Brave. This lipstick to this day, is still my all time favorite. It is SO beautiful!!! If you are looking for a gorgeous pink lip to rock, this is the one for you.
These lipsticks are not only beautiful in the tube, but on the lips as well. Not drying at all and does not settle in the fine lines of your lips. Seriously, I recommend this to everyone who is looking for a ride or die lipstick.
Even though I have only tried two MAC lipstick colors out in total, I am about to make my next purchase and it'll be quite a few of them to make up for lost time. Seriously, go purchase these lipsticks. I promise they will not disappoint whatsoever.
Another thing I enjoy is their mini lipsticks! Same formula, smaller size for a cheaper price. This is prefect for those who like to wear unusual colors but don’t wear it often and those we want to try new shades without hurting their wallets!
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos