BY MAC COSMETICS #1 in Lipstick

A lipstick with hundreds of hues. The iconic product that made M·A·C famous.

Formulated to shade, define and showcase the lips. Hundreds of hues, high-fashion textures. The iconic product that made M·A·C famous.

• What MAC lipstick is your favorite? 392 Answers
  • Whats your favorite MAC lipstick? Mine are shy girl and ...22 Answers
  • Is it true if you take empty containers you get a free pr...185 Answers
Buy on Nordstrom*
  • "I love how creamy mac lipsticks are! The color payoff is amazing. I just really wish it was cheaper!" in 3677 reviews
  • "The only lipstick i purchase is MAC, i refuse to buy any other lipstick, there are so many colors to choose from and the color pay off is awesome. It is even better when you put in on your lips. There is a different color for everyone. It is also very long lasting and it doesn't feel nasty on your lips after a long period of time wearing it. " in 1320 reviews
  • "I have also tried MAC's foundation and eye liner, and must say, this is the best makeup I have used in a very long time." in 277 reviews
  • "My most often worn shades are Saint Germaint(baby pink), Ruby Woo(red), Snob(blu tone pink), Heroine(purple), Yash(creamy neutral),Creme de Nude(best nude), So Chaud(Orange),Blankety(taupe)and Candy Yum Yum(bright pink)" in 180 reviews
  • "I love the many different colors you can choose from and they last all day and night even if you are drinking a beverage it eating. " in 141 reviews
Holly H.
Cushing
Review for: Japanese Maple, Crème Cup, Russian Red, Coral Bliss, Gel, Hug Me, Amorous, Kinda Sexy, Angel, Myth, Candy Yum-Yum, Media, Pervette, Crème d'Nude, Heroine, Honeylove, Pink Nouveau, Ruby Woo, Faux, Fresh Moroccan more...
When I first fell in love with makeup, Mac lipsticks were my addiction! With Mac's versatile color range and multiple lipstick finishes from Mac's Snob matte finish (one of my fav's that I always top off with Mac's Saint Germaine lipgloss) to The cremesheen finish of Crem D' Nude. Of course, when Kylie Jenner's lips took the world by storm, I replicated her look using the Mac Whirl lip pencil and dabbed Mac's lipstick in the color Whirl and Faux strategically into my lips to get that signature Kylie pouty color! These lipsticks last forever when taken care of, and will never go out of style! Their quality speaks for themselves. If you are new to makeup and on a budget, I would stick to four lipsticks if possible for my first purchase. For your nude lip, I loved Mac's Japanese Maple (cremesheen) or the total nude matte color Myth! For a colorful, spring/summer pink, I think Candy Yum Yum always stands out (I would also use the lip pencil in the color Heroine and line my entire lips and fill in the middle parts of my lips with Candy Yum Yum using my fingers to blend and give that ombré affect!) Of course, Mac's Ruby Woo is a wonderful red that flatters any skin tone! For a deep, fall look, I loved the deep colors of the lipsticks Media and Amorous! For a shocking purple, Mac's Heroine lipstick paired with Heroine lip liner never fails! For a soft, romantic lip, I loved to pair the Viva Glam VI by Rihanna with the lip pencil Whirl, or of course bring your lips into spring color by applying Mac's Snob lipstick topped with Saint Germaine lipgloss!! Coming from a lipstick fanatic, Mac Cosmetics lipsticks have the best range of color, while having a creamy formula that is easy to work with and create normal to fun looks. You will fall in love with your first purchase..just like I did!
Alexis P.
South Hadley, MA
Review for: Other more...
My M•A•C lipstick pick of the day is Cream Cup!! A lot of people complain about the price of M•A•C lipstick but being a former employee who has recently reminded herself just how phenomenal their lipstick is...and always was, I must say it is so worth it. They’re so highly pigmented, long lasting, and as far as the texture of Cream Cup, it’s unbelievably rich and creamy, feeling like silk on your lips that’s going to stay put for the long haul. M•A•C provides such a wide variety of textures and formulations that if you don’t find a lipstick that you LOVE within their selection I’d be quite surprised!!
Now this I would’ve mentioned regardless, but It is my pleasure to point out a fantastic tradition to everyone and especially to the customer that finds M•A•C price point to be too costly. The ‘Back to M•A•C’ program that has been in place since fairly close to the birth of M•A•C in 1985 (which by the way started with their sole product being LIPSTICK that were produced in frying pans!) Ok, so back to explaining this superb program to those of you that may not be familiar with, here are the wonderful details that benefit you and the environment...Whenever you have five empty plastic M•A•C containers, or an item not so empty that you no longer use, everything from their twist up brow pencil, lipstick tubes, blush containers, lipgloss, really just about everything (from M•A•C) that was cased in plastic, bring those five containers into any M•A•C counter or store and you get to pick out a FREE lipstick of your choice and the plastic is recycled!! It’s a win, win for you and our planet!! As far as their price point, I think that their fore-mentioned program makes up for it, at least a little,...plus you’ve got to appreciate the fact that they’re conscious of the importance to get the materials they used recycled to benefit our lovely Earth. What better way to get you to bring them in with the promise of keeping your lips covered?! A+ to M•A•C for the brilliant and generous way to help get the job done! M.A.C Cosmetics Cremesheen Lipstick
Kaylin C.
Review for: Pure Zen, Pearly One more...
MAC's matte lipstick formulation is spot-on. They don't dry out my lips or settle in the lines, emphasizing dryness. Instead, they're creamy while still being matte, and the scent is amazing. One of the best parts of MAC lipstick, to me, is the vanilla scent they all have. I highly recommend trying a few MAC lipsticks in the store and going swatch-crazy on your hand. They have a variety of finishes available and hundreds of colors, so you're bound to find one you love

My favorite finish of MAC lipsticks is definitely the mattes. I currently own Whirl, Men Love Mystery, and So Select. So Select was a limited edition shade available for MAC's Select members earlier this year. It's a pretty "dirty rose" shade and the color is a "your lips but better" one for me, subtle but pretty. Whirl is probably the second most "wearable" shade after So Select. It's darker than So Select on me, although also described as a "Dirty Rose" by MAC's website. Seeing at theme here? Men Love Mystery is definitely a unique shade. If you've ever wanted a matte electric lavender, this is the one for you! I never would've picked this shade for myself, but when a girl from school with similar features to mine looked fabulous in it, I had to pick it up. I wear it more in the Spring and Summer because I like the way it looks with a bit of a tan, and it's just a more vibrant color.

I highly recommend that all lipstick lovers pick up at least one MAC lipstick if they haven't already! I remember the luxurious feeling of buying my very first one fairly recently. The lipstick bullets are sleek and modern, and look awesome in your acrylic lipstick holder. But that's not really the important part.
Barbara D.
Review for: Russian Red, Velvet Teddy, Runway Hit more...
I have a lot of respect for MAC. Back in the 90s, they released pigmented makeup that appealed to women of all colors -  because of them, that's an absolute given today. They had RuPaul as a spokesmodel and were donating to AIDS charities back when people in my state were waving pitchforks at them. These things made indelible marks on me while I was growing up.

I don't think their lipsticks work for me, personally. Here are the main problems I've had with them:

- The formula is too dry to spread evenly on my lips. It sort of skips, and I have to use the right primer for it to go on smoothly.

- The formula transfers REALLY easily. It's not such a big deal with nudes, but Russian Red got on my teeth, got smudged in random trajectories at the slightest brush of the back of my hand...I loved that color, but it just wasn't sustainable for me. Reapplying every ten minutes during DragonCon. Standing up after a meeting and rushing to make sure my tendency to rest my hand against my chin didn't sabotage me.

Maybe I should have been blotting and reapplying. Laying a tissue over my lips and applying translucent powder. People like me will never understand what those who came before me put up with just to wear the most saturated, perfect reds that anyone could conceive.
Taylor S.
Kalamazoo
Review for: Brave, Amorous more...
When I was in high school, I never wore lipstick. In fact, I was incredibly self conscious of my thin lips and thought that lipstick looked bad whenever I put it on. About 6 years ago, I had a friend who persuaded me that I was just trying out the wrong lipsticks and needed to try out some at the MAC counter. Fast forward, she was right and it started my love for lipsticks and liquid lips. It also brought along some self love that helped me embrace my thin lips.

The first color I bought was something not too harsh, but not my natural lip color, which ended up being Brave. This lipstick to this day, is still my all time favorite. It is SO beautiful!!! If you are looking for a gorgeous pink lip to rock, this is the one for you.

These lipsticks are not only beautiful in the tube, but on the lips as well. Not drying at all and does not settle in the fine lines of your lips. Seriously, I recommend this to everyone who is looking for a ride or die lipstick.

Even though I have only tried two MAC lipstick colors out in total, I am about to make my next purchase and it'll be quite a few of them to make up for lost time. Seriously, go purchase these lipsticks. I promise they will not disappoint whatsoever.
Madison H.
Rockmart, GA
Review for: Russian Red, Crème Cup more...
Out of my collection, I chose my favorite and least favorite MAC lipstick to review. Firstly, they are rather expensive for a lipstick ranging from $16-18 depending on where you buy it from however the quality of most of the shades make it completely worth the investment. The scent is one of my favorite things (it's like a sweet, soft vanilla) along with the classic, iconic, sleek, black packaging-- when someone pulls a MAC lipstick from their bag, it's apparent! I'll start with Russian Red. This is my holy grail red lipstick. It has a blue base so it makes your teeth look whiter and is rather flattering on everyone. I use it in collaboration with  NYX Suede Matte Lip Liner in Kitten Heels because the shades are nearly identical. It is a matte finish however it is not drying and I have never had a problem with it feathering. I use a small lip brush to apply it more precisely than directly from the bullet. I always get compliments on the shade and I've found it to be pretty universally flattering on every skin tone! On to Creme Cup. I wanted to love this shade. Years ago, every Youtube beauty guru touted this as their favorite but I did not have a good experience with it. For my skintone, it is not flattering. It washed me out and made my teeth look yellow. The lipstick was grainy from the glitter within it and I could feel it on my lips. I had problems with it becoming streaky, as if while I was putting it on, the lipstick bullet was removing some from my lip as I passed over the same area twice. I've seen it look great on other people however it just was not my cup of tea. Overwhelmingly, MAC lipsticks are my favorite MAC product and, with their extensive shade range, I will continue to return and purchase them!
Tabitha R.
Review for: Angel more...
These lipsticks are my most used, and grabbed for. People have Mac lipstick collections for a reason. The pieces that they’ve orchestrated, and instilled over the years is remarkable. Some of their pieces are so timeless, and elegant. For the people that don’t have those limited edition, and exclusive lipsticks it sucks. Because, those are some of their best ones as well. Mac is such a highly respectable brand in my eyes, and everyone else’s. I feel they have evolved so much. ..yet; they have nothing, but amazing things still in store for us. I’m always excited for what’s to come when Mac releases something new, especially their lipsticks. Keep it going Mac. You are, & will always be a cult classic, and iconic brand.
michele c.
Newton, N.J.
Review for: Love’s A Gamble more...
I fell in love with these lipsticks the very first time I tried them! This was the first lipstick I bought from Mac along with "hug me" and "rose dipped" (they are in the picture as well) and they are all three amazing lipsticks! They are soft, smooth and absolutely lush on the lips and they last for hours and they do not feather or smear if you use a good lip liner!( I haven't tried Mac lip liners yet, as I have so many lip liners to use up yet from Urban Decay, Buxom, bh, Nyx, Rimmel and so many others!) When I run low on lip liners , I plan on purchasing some Mac ones!  I absolutely love Mac lipsticks and I plan to purchase many more in the future! I highly recommend these lipsticks to any one who doesn't mind paying for quality! You will not be disappointed!
Vanessa C.
Norwalk, CA
This is a product I stop wearing within the past couple of years when liquid lipsticks became a huge trend. However, I find myself reaching for this type of lipstick more, especially during the dry, winter season. With a bit of chapstick before application, these lipsticks apply smoothly. They may not be transfer resistance, but it’s worth it as their formula does not dry out my lips! I have tried very single formula of lipstick they had and a decent range of shades, ranging from nudes to reds to unusual colors. My absolute favorite shade is Whirl, a nice mauve pink color.

Another thing I enjoy is their mini lipsticks! Same formula, smaller size for a cheaper price. This is prefect for those who like to wear unusual colors but don’t wear it often and those we want to try new shades without hurting their wallets!
Sarah O.
Washington, DC
Review for: Captive, Pink Plaid, Plumful, Hot Gossip more...
I love MAC lipstick. I have a love hate relationship with wearing lipstick but MAC is definitely one of my favorite brands for lipstick. The matte is not my favorite but for a matte lipstick I prefer MAC's. They last a good amount of time which is nice. Although, I much prefer the satin formula. I feel they are reasonably priced in the midrange area and are worth the money. They have a wide selection of colors and finishes. I feel there is a color for everyone. I do think that the lipsticks fade nicely even without a lipliner. Although, this could be due to the colors that I own. I own mostly nudes and mauve pinks. I like the packaging but my mother says they look like a sex toy which is kind of true but overlooking that it is a good product. I will definitely be buying more to add to my collection.
Tracy M.
What MAC lipstick is your favorite?
Corie C.
Charlotte, NC
Is it true if you take empty containers you get a free product?
Karina A.
Is it really worth buy a Mac Lipsticks??
patty a.
Davia G.
Huntsville, AL
Would the fact that a portion of all sales given to a charity make you want to purchase it more?