BY MAC COSMETICS #1 in Lip Liner

Lip Pencil - Now in select stores - Click here for locations!MAC Lip Pencil in a wide range of colours designed for shaping, lining, or filling in lips. Lip Pencils have a smooth, creamy texture that is perfect for outlining lips or colouring them in. They are available in a wide selection of colours that each work well with many different lipstick shades. - Lip Pencil

Buy on Nordstrom*
  • "Mac lip pencils are one of the best. HIgh quality, very nice, creamy, long lasting as well. one of the bests out there" in 1322 reviews
  • "MAC lip liners are awesome. They are pigmented and long wearing. So many great colors to choose from and friendly for skin of all colors." in 462 reviews
Liz T.
Review for: Other more...
Love Nightmoth with RubyWoo! Such a beautiful combination. Stays on all day. Hover is a staple in my collection. Great for a nude lip. The pencils don’t snag for me. Can be a bit pricey but worth every penny in my book. Mac Perfume M.A.C Lip Pencil-NIGHTMOTH-One SizeMAC Cosmetics Lip PencilM-a-c M A C Lipstick / M A C Shadescents, Ruby Woo
Mona R.
Santa Monica
Review for: SOAR, WHIRL, Soar, Whirl, Chicory (soft muted peachy-brown), Stone (Muted greyish-taupe brown), SUBCULTURE, STONE, AUBURN, CURRANT, CHICORY, Auburn (auburn) more...
These are my go-to lip liners. Of all the lip liners I have tried, MAC has my favorite shade selection, especially when it comes to nudes like Whirl and Spice, which are perfect for my light-medium olive skin tone. MAC lip liners are super easy to sharpen, and the cap isn't too loose or too tight (a common problem I have found with other brands - either the lid falls off and it makes a mess, or the lid is so tight I have to wrestle it off). You get a decent amount of product and even with almost-everyday use for over a year I have yet to go through an entire pencil. My criticisms are that while these pencils help lipsticks last a little longer, they don't last very long on their own. They are also quite dry and don't glide on as smoothly as new ones on the market, for example the ones that come in the Kylie Cosmetics Kylie Lip Kits. But when the lips are moisturised well, the MAC lip pencils go on nicely without dragging. Although I love my MAC liners dearly, I probably won't repurchase unless I am after a specific colour, and I will likely opt for a creamier formula.
Ruma N.
I love this lip liner. It is long wearing and creamy. I also use it to fill in my lips since my top lips is darker than my bottom lip. It helps to even out whatever lip color I decide to wear. Its also a really pretty nude color to wear by itself. You can pop a gloss on top of it as well.
Poline P.
Fresh Meadows, NY
Review for: WHIRL, SPICE, PLUM more...
I love MAC cosmetics! Have been using them for many years!!! I love the lip liners! They stay on and don’t fade easily. The neutral colours are beautiful not too pink or yellow based but perfect neutral tones (whirl and spice). Love the plum shade. I can mix it with just any lipstick or even liquid lipstick and it does not budge or feather throughout the day!
Arianny L.
West Jourdan, Utah
Review for: HIP-N-HAPPY more...
Love this lip liner! It goes on easily and the color is very vibrant. I feel that as a dark skinned woman it helps with those brighter pinks I had no real business buying (Candy Yum Yum for example) and bringing them down to a level that works for my skin and makes the colors more wearable opposed to 'Barbie'. And while there's nothing wrong with Barbie, it's just not appropriate for all occasions.
K M.
Brooklyn
Review for: NIGHTMOTH, CHESTNUT more...
My first high end lip liners and when i used them i felt the difference and understood why they cost more. These liners are so smooth but yet stiff enough to create the perfect line. Let’s not even get into the wideee color selection! Another plus, these liners are longer than your average liners, so they cost more but you also get more.
Justin K.
Lancaster, OH
Mac has my heart when it comes to generally speaking about lip liners. Their nudes and neutral colors are my GO-TO formula when I use a lip liner! They are literally unrivaled and I never reach for anything else. They last so long and have an in between gel and dryer formula that makes them stay PUT. I cannot recommend these enough.
Monique M.
Waldorf, MD
I have yet to find a lip liner that is better than these. I love how they don't budge and keep lipstick and lip creams on your lips and off of your face. My favorite colors are Cherry, Plum,, Cork Mahogany and Whirl. I feel with those colors you will be able to have a liner for any color you choose, outside of black and blue!
Emily O.
Ada, MI
Review for: SUBCULTURE more...
It is pretty good, but I like some other pencils better. The texture is alright, a bit too wooden and hard for my liking. But it is a great everyday color. A bit overpriced for the quality, but I still enjoy it. It lasts about 3-4 hours, but the color is very nice for a base. Great for muting out bright colors.
Сατհεʀιƞα I.
these are my go to pencils! i looooooooovvvveee mac lip pencils!!! i love the formula of the product, they are not dry at all and never dry out like other lip pencils i have had. goes on nice and smooth and has the most beautiful color variety. i wear mac lip pencils all over my lips instead of lipstick all the time.
Nancy Z.
Forest Hills, NY
What is the most popular lip pencil sold by Mac
Nia J.
Is this lipliner worth $16?
Jennifer M.
Arlington, TX
Is this a good lip pencil? Never tried Mac Lip pencils before
Darshini M.
Long lasting or not ?
Christine N.
What are your favorite must-have shades of this staple product?