42 colors available

BY MAC COSMETICS #1 in Lip Liner

mac lip pencil burgundy full size

• How well do these work and how much do they cost4 Answers
  • Do you usually pair a lip liner with your lipsticks? What are some ...4 Answers
  • How does this hold up3 Answers
Buy on ULTA*
Jamie Rose S.
Jamie Rose S.
Review for: NIGHTINGALE
First off, Mac is one of my go to makeup brands because I love the quality of their lip products. Needless to say this lip liner in the shade stripdown is one of my all time favorites, it's a nice neutral that looks good on it's own or underneath pretty much any neutral lipstick like a nudey pink, mauve or even a red lippie to tone it down a bit. What I love most about these liners is that they last and tend not to break when you're sharpening them like many drugstore brands. The pigmentation is out of this world, so much so as I mentioned earlier that you can wear their liners as a matte lippie, but just make sure to moisturize and exfoliate really well beforehand or you'll end up seeing every fine line, wrinkle or dry patch. These liners may come with a $17 price tag, but you're paying for a quality lip liner that is likely going to last you several seasons, which pretty much adds up to how much you'd likely have to hand over for a drugstore lip liner monthly since they break so easy
Heather D.
Heather D.
Chico, CA
Review for: SOAR
My go-to lip pencil. Seriously I have so many lip liners and the MACs are the ones I consistently reach for. I have Soar and Whirl. They are very similar colors both pinky-Browns but Soar is more pink and Whirl is more brown. I use both depending on what color lipstick I'm wearing. I'm more of a pink and nude girl so when I'm wearing a pink lipstick I go for Soar, a nude, I go for Whirl. The formula is very nice. Firm enough to get good definition on your lips but not so hard that it pulls. And not so soft that you use them up really fast. I've had mine forever. Also, the colors are so pretty that I frequently use them by themselves or with a clear gloss on top. I will definitely repurchase these and I want more colors too. I highly recommend.
Jenny M.
Jenny M.
Bakersfield, CA
MAC is my go to product for a lip pencil. Actually, I usually just wear the pencil with some gloss and forego the lipstick all together. It blends really easy so I can wear it on my entire lip. Strip Down is my favorite everyday color. It's kind of a nude color. They are a bit pricey BUT they last for a while and it's hard to find lip pencils in as many colors as MAC has. They really have a good variety. Also, if you buy the ones in plastic tubes you can save them as part of the "Back to MAC" recycle program to earn free lipsticks. I can't remember the last time I actually bought a lipstick, I always have enough stuff to recycle to earn a free one.
Eva M.
Eva M.
Pigeon Falls, WI
Review for: FOLLOW YOUR HEART
The MAC lip pencils are the only lip pencils in my collection, I have never even bothered purchasing from another brand because these have never given me a reason to. I think the only reason I would shop out of MAC for a lip pencil would be for a specific shade. Side note, these can feel dry and abrasive to some people that I have talked to. Personally I don't feel that, I think they are great, and the fact that they aren't super soft makes me feel like I can really line my lips in a precise way. I have these pencils in about 14 shades. Absolute favorite and always a repurchase when I run out of a shade. Which by the way, they last a LONG time.
Alexa K.
Alexa K.
Valencia, CA
Review for: STRIPDOWN
MAC seriously makes the absolute BEST lip liners! I have used various ones for years, and I don't intend to stop anytime soon. Ruby Woo is the PERFECT red color. Like if you're looking for the perfect red lip, look no further. If I color my lips in with just the liner or use the lip stick formula of this shade I always get copious amounts of compliments and sometimes even unwanted attention out at bars. You can't go wrong with a single shade of their lip liners but if you want one that is fail proof and perfect as far a red lips go then you have found it!
Alexis T.
Alexis T.
West Palm Bch, FL
Let me start by saying, I have every single pencil in this line. I started with boldly bare a while ago when i first realized lip pencils make everything better. Then as i started to explore more and more pencils started to get added (oops). I love these because they are easily blended into similar lipsticks (so you don't see a contrast) or, if you are not into digging for a similar one most of them are replicas of their lipsticks so you will find a perfect match without the hassle. Creamy and not drying like most pecils. Ruby Woo is my favorite!
Paula S.
Paula S.
San Diego, CA
Wellness Guru Expert
Review for: TALKING POINTS
I LOVE MAC! As I have gotten older, and not as flush with loose cash like I was when I was younger, I have grown to appreciate how well MAC makeup ages. I know I know, you should toss out your old makeup but I'm POOR NOW #studentloans! So I have been using my MAC pencils down to the nub and I swear to you, they are as creamy and long lasting as the day I got them. I LOVE using #MAC #Burgandy with my #RussianRed lippie when I'm feeling like drawing additional attention to my face. ...like when I've goofed my eyeliner wings. MAC: Worth EVERY Penny!
Tonya F.
Tonya F.
Review for: BEET
Since I first tried MAC Lip Pencils I've never purchased another brand. They glide on, never dry my lips, never accentuate the lines around my lips, and last all day at work - I don't ever have to touch up my liner! While they are the type that require sharpening, this is not a drawback whatsoever because they last for months! Stripdown is my absolute favorite color ever and I buy several at a time in fear that they'll stop making it. Works absolutely beautifully under nudes & darker shades alike. I am constantly asked what I use!
Tawni H.
Tawni H.
Review for: DERVISH
This lip liner is holy grail status. You can literally pair this liner with ANYTHING! I love it for that perfect nude, or you could pair it with a pink, purple, red, dark lip. It's the perfect nude, so it will legit match any lip shade your heart desires. This is a staple in your personal makeup kit, as well as your professional. I use this liner on myself at least twice a week, and I am always reaching for this shade over others for my clients. I personally love it paired with MAC's Creme Cup, Angel, and Modesty. Perfection!
Sam R.
Sam R.
Wellness Guru Expert
These are ones I bought. These match exactly to the lipstick i would recommend you getting mac lipstick and the lip pencil if you collect 6 hard- Mac Plastics can you get lipstick free.. I love the Yes great quality also that if you have 6 hard empty plastic ls from mac turn them in to get one of these free lipsticks my favorite mac store is river park in fresno ca mac is long lasting product and it will last were u don't always got to buy like drug store make up you might as well spend money at mac because it last
Nancy Z.
Nancy Z.
Forest Hills, NY
What is the most popular lip pencil sold by Mac
Nia J.
Nia J.
Is this lipliner worth $16?
Jennifer M.
Darshini M.
Long lasting or not ?
Christine N.
Christine N.
What are your favorite must-have shades of this staple product?