BY MAC COSMETICS #3 in Face Mists

• heard so many good things about his, what do you guys thi...1 Answers
  • is this stuff actually worth it? has anyone tried the sce...4 Answers
Sydney F.
Wyandotte
I just recently tried this product for the first time, and it is definitely raved about for a reason. I love the smell, and it great for sinking all my powder and base products into my skin after I first apply them. I don’t think it necessarily makes my makeup last longer throughout the day, but I love it for refreshing my makeup after a long day of wear. As long as I am wearing a good foundation that doesn’t separate, this spray will refresh my makeup and make it look freshly applied even after a full day of wear. The only thing I think could use some work is the sprayer. It comes out a bit harsh, but you can make it work if you depress the sprayer button all the way down when spraying. Definitely do not try to do short spritzes with this, it’ll spray out like a hose.
Lindsay M.
My favorite makeup fixing mist. This can help intensify your whole look with a few sprays. I love using it with shimmer shadows to make it more vibrant. If my face is feeling super dry one day, i can spray this all over and it helps make me feel more hydrated almost instantly. I also love using this to spritz on my beauty sponge and then pounce over my foundation and concealer so it really sets it in nicely. I even do that trick over using powder products to help get rid of any powdery look and it helps melt the powders into your skin for a flawless airbrushed finish. Have nothing bad to say about this product. It won’t break the bank, good amount of product in the bottle and now they have other scents you can choose from!
Prisci C.
It’s no wonder this product is #1 in face primers! I didn’t think I could make this work on my combination skin, but it does. My favorite is using this as a final step in my makeup routine after I put on translucent powder or I after I put on my Hourglass ambient powder. It just makes everything melt into place and takes away any powdery look that can happen with powder products.

I have also used this as a primer on drier days or when my skin feels dry (winter weather) and it works like a charm. It lightly hydrates without being oily and does not cause me to break out.

I highly recommend this if you feel like you want to take up your makeup application to the next level. It has made such a huge difference for me for everyday. I really love it.
Lucy S.
Montgomery Village
I can’t even tell you how much I love this product I used it everyday to refresh my face after work after the gym to refresh your makeup or just after my makeup is done I used it to apply my eyeshadow to wet my brush and that beautiful wet look it just such a wonderful product I’m so in love with it I recommend it to anyone if you don’t have this on ur makeup vanity you are definitely missing out big time it only takes one time to fall in love with it thank you Mac cosmetics
Erin W.
Forked River, NJ
I am a person with very extreme combination skin. My t-zone is typically super oily and the rest of my face is typically so dry it’s peeling. I moisturize all the time and that seems to help but every setting spray I use seems to make my skin peel like crazy. I’ve tried urban decay all nighter and nyx dewy setting spray and both of those just dry out my face even more. When I went to Mac to try this setting spray, the lady at the counter said that it wouldn’t dry out my face and actually do the opposite by moisturizing my skin. This wasn’t the case though and while it didn’t dry out my face as much it still dried it out a bit. Also my makeup didn’t stay on as long. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone with dry skin.
Reigh D.
Knoxville, TN
You need this!!! First off this does NOT make your makeup last longer but it will make it look better while your wearing it. This product works amazing as a primer for both oily AND dry skin. This can be used on n eyeshadow to be more bright and pigmented as well as helps eyeshadows have less Fallout. After applying your face makeup (primer, foundation, concealer, powder, bronzer, blush and highlight) close your eyes and give your face a good spritz but don't hold it right to your face or soak your face just a light mist and it will make all the powders melt into your skin for a more airbrushed effect and less cakey. I even use this over top of my sunscreen on days I don't wear makeup and it keeps it on and working all day long. This product is $26 from MAC and Ulta but Ulta has coupons and sales all the time ( I used my points and paid $9 for 8 bottles) also you can buy a smaller bottle that's $12 if your on a budget.
Kayla C.
I love this product! It works great to intensify eyeshadow but I honestly am not a fan of it as a setting spray. For some reason my makeup seems to separate and cause little holes in my foundation when I use this as a setting spray. I have tried this with multiple foundations and I always get the same “hole” effect on my skin! It might be due to the fact that I have very dry skin. I have decided to go ahead and look for another setting spray. I also have mixed feelings when it comes to the sprayer itself on the bottle. I feel like it breaks a lot and the spray clogs up. I prefer the mist sprayer that Morphe has created for their setting spray instead of the Mac one
Tara H.
I like this, but I can’t say I LOVE it. It’s really refreshing, I like the smell, it lasts me a long time...but I find myself wanting more. I mainly use this to remove the powdery look from my makeup. While I feel that this does that, I also feel that my makeup fades faster when I use this (even with setting spray on top). I plan on trying some other sprays to see if I’m missing out.

All in all this is not expensive and I think it’s worth it to have a bottle on hand since it’s a versatile product that can be used for many purposes.
Amy S.
Brooklyn
I don't even know what number fix+ I am on. I religiously buy fix plus. It works under make up to start off my routine and a great seal once I am done. I also use it for my eye shadows to make my shimmers POP. It's an all around great product. You want your highlight to beam to the Gods BOOM! add fix plus. You want your powders to melt into you skin for a flawless finish BOOM! add fix plus. Its a wonder spray. Love it.
Olivia C.
I love this product! Firstly the bottle itself, the spray nozzle itself is amazing its such a nice mist and easy to close for when you travel! Next off the smell, it smells like everything good in the world. And as for the spray itself I know it doesn’t do anything for my makeup except hydrate my face but I use this product every single day to melt my powder products together, to make my highlight blinding and I use it even when I don’t wear makeup. I love it and I think everyone should have it on their makeup tables!
Ciara B.
I've seen this product on YouTube several times! I really want it but is it worth it? I'm sure its over $20-$30... So is it worth it?i use MAC Matchmaster foundation. I have a similar product but its from ELF, they have a finishing spray/mist. And there's is $3.
Meagan R.
Springfield, OR
Does this actually help set your make up or is it more just to feel refreshed?
Beverly B.
Lebanon, TN
Is this a good setting spray?
Melinda W.
Is this a must have product?
Shannon T.
Can anyone recommend a good cruelty-free alternative to Fix plus?