MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow
MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow
Photos (235)
Courtney M.
Courtney M.

MAC Eye Shadows are my "go to" eye shadows because I LOVE THEM!  The eye shadows stay on so well and don't smudge.  The colors are always AWESOME!!  And it is so much fun to go look at the various colors and use them in different ways for different looks.  Like you can use a bright green or purple as an eyeliner by applying the eye shadow very precisely (just like it is an eyelner).  Then you can cover your eye in a lighter tone for work and day and at night you can make your eyes stand out using darker colors.  I always use a different color as an eye liner so that my brown eyes will stand out more.  I don't use just one shade of MAC for my eyes....NEVER!  Also, if you aren't sure which eye shadows you want - you can go to the MAC Counter and they can help you.  The most fun thing to do with your MAC eye shadow is go to the MAC Counter and pay for them to make-up your face.  You can tell them you want a new look, or a nice look for work, and a drastic look for weekends or whatever.  Then the MAC Make-Up Specialists will pick out shades that look great with your eyes and hair and they will ask before they do anything if you like the shades, etc.  Then when you look at what the MAC Make-Up Specialists have created - you buy the products you love!  IT IS SO MUCH FUN AND MAKE HAS EXCELLENT MAKE-UP!!  I LOVE MAC!
CAMILA C.
CAMILA C.
Denver, CO

He comprado esta marca MAC de "Naked Lunch" sombra de color en el mostrador de MAC en mi tienda local de Saks. Aprendí de esta sombra hace más de 10 años, cuando la vi en la bolsa de maquillaje de un amigo y le pregunté por ella. Desde entonces, he sido enganchado, y es una parte esencial de mi kit de maquillaje. Honestamente uso esta sombra casi todos los días. Es el peachy / tan perfecto, con una indirecta del shimmer, pero no demasiado. A veces llevo sólo un ligero cepillado en mis párpados sin sombra de ojos. Otras veces, la capa con una base más ligera en mis párpados, y un color más oscuro, complementario, en mis pliegues de ojo. El color Naked Lunch es extremadamente versátil, y se ve bien en muchos tonos de piel diferentes. No lo confunda con el famoso "gatito" stila sombra de sombra de ojos - Yo estaba super emocionado de probar Kitten años atrás, pero cuando lo apliqué en mis párpados, me di cuenta de que era un color de melocotón super helada, que no podía ser usado Cada día como almuerzo desnudo. Pueden parecer bastante similares en sus paquetes, pero no son iguales cuando se aplican. El almuerzo desnudo es el mejor, manos abajo. Y una sola olla de sombra de ojos dura para siempre.
Rita W.
Rita W.

I purchased this MAC brand of "Naked Lunch" color eyeshadow at the MAC counter at my local Saks store. I learned of this shade over 10 years ago, when I saw it in a friend's makeup bag and asked about it. Since then, I have been hooked, and it is an essential part of my makeup kit. I honestly wear this shade nearly every single day. It is the perfect peachy/tan, with a hint of shimmer, but not too much. Sometimes I wear just a light brushing of it on my eyelids with no other eyeshadow. Other times, I layer it with a lighter base on my eyelids, and a darker, complimentary color, in my eye creases. The Naked Lunch color is extremely versatile, and looks good on many different skin tones. Don't confuse it with stila's famous "Kitten" shade of eyeshadow - I was super excited to try Kitten years ago, but when I applied it on my lids, I realized it was a super frosty peach color, that couldn't be worn every day like Naked Lunch. They may look pretty similar in their packages, but they're nothing the same when applied. Naked Lunch is the best, hands down. And a single eyeshadow pot lasts forever.
Erica S.

MAC eye shadows, like all their products, are made of the highest quality ingredients and it definitely shows. The pigmentation alone is incredible. The shadows are bold & intense. The smallest amount goes a long way for sure. Even with longevity, you'll never have an issue. Your shadows will stay in place all day without creasing, fading or having to do touch-ups. When applying to your lids, you'll notice they are never flaky, powdery, or dry feeling & the fallout is little to nonexistent. Their color selection too is just as awe inspiring. It is so large that it can almost be intimidating at times but there's a shade for every style, every mood, every occasion, every person. The prices can be a little steep but when you return empty shadow pots, empty lash boxes, empty lipsticks & empty blushes, you'll recieve a discount on your next purchase. No other cosmetics line does that for their customers. Highly Recommended MAC SHADOWS
Bridgette J.
Bridgette J.
Shawnee, OK

Absolutely adore the colors MAC has to offer, especially in their Disney collections! I love that most of the shadows are very pigmented - even though they're not as smooth as others I've tried. I've collected quite a few over the years, though I stopped after finding out they weren't truly vegan. One shadow can last for some time, which is a total pro, and they pair well with other brands. Unfortunately for me was the bad branding and outright racism with the company itself, which spills into their eye shadows. (Vibe Tribe Quads) For me, seeing an imitation not just of my culture, but that lumps my culture with hundreds of other tribes; well, I can't look at the brand without seeing that. MAC is such an iconic brand, so I just think that the quality of their shadows and the quality of them as a company should be perfect.
Marielvi m.
Marielvi m.
Lowell, MI

I like Mac eyeshadow because of the wide variety of colors. I have a difficult time finding eyeshadow colors that do my green/hazel eyes justice. I also have a hard time finding a decent variety of matte colors in most brands. I have a ton of shimmery eye shadows but I feel like at my age I really don't need to be so shimmery al the time. I like a nice matte color and maybe just a little shimmer to the highlight color. Mac has several matte shades that work for me. I like that their refill pans are only $6 and have about the same amount in them as the ones that cost $16. Most of the colors seem to blend well. A few take some layering while others are very pigmented. Overall I'd say their very good quality. I've been using them since the 90's. I'm a little mad about them discontinuing brown script though.

Laurel L.
Laurel L.
Athens, GA

MAC eye shadows are a bit of an addiction for me. I love to try their new colors and appreciate that they keep the older colors that I depend on. Expensive Pink, Club, and Cranberry are a few of my favorites. The Expensive Pink is a great all over eye shadow that adds pop to my eyes. Cranberry is a great color I add to the corners of my eyes. It mixes well with the Expensive Pink, golds, grays, and greens. I also use it to soften black eyeliner. Club is incredible. This color is hard to define, as it changes color depending on how you apply it. It has a slight greenish look when applied to the lid. But apply it over black eyeliner and it has an electric teal color. This is definitely one I go back to. MAC has lowered the prices of their eye shadows, which makes it difficult to not go back for more.
Erica S.

Yes these shadows can be pricey, especially if you are trying to build up your makeup collection or put together a pro palette but they are so worth it. I absolutely love how MAC shadows are so pigmented, which basically means a little goes a long way because they are bold & the colors are intense. There is a color to meet everyone's character and style preferance. The best part too is their return policy. You bring back your empty shadow containers & you get a great deal on your next one. Individual MAC stores and MAC counters in department stores, have different policies on the makeup trade in, so check first. Some will even take empty lipsticks, paint pots, loose pigments & i think blush, but like I said double check the location.
Mary R.
Mary R.
Seattle, WA

I own several MAC eyeshadows and various different finishes and I love them all for the most part, especially now that you can purchase the refill pans for a much lower price ($6). I find the satin, velvet, veluxe and matte finishes to have great color payoff and while the satin, velvet, and veluxe (creamier matte) shadows are easy to blend out, the mattes can be patchy depending on the color. I find that MUG mattes, which are along the same price point, are much more blendable. That said, I will repurchase some of my all time favorite shades (All that glitters, woodwinked, nylon, etc.) should I ever run out. I can confidently recommend nearly every finish, aside from the mattes, and the shade selection is amazing.
Stephanie P.
Stephanie P.
Cranston, RI

I have a number of the Mac eyeshadows in different finishes. Not matter what the color or finish I love every shadow I've ever tried or purchased I love them all. Great quality and pigment. Mac makeup is a staple in the makeup industry from the everyday person to runway high fashion. Here's just an example of 2 of the shades out of a huge shade range with multiple finishes. They have so many permanent colors and always introducing new colors that come and go. Here's 2 examples of the Veluxe pearl finish which is probably my favorite. Coppering on top and Antiqued on the bottom. 2 cult classics that can be used alone or incorporated into so many beautiful eye looks.
Chelsi D.
Chelsi D.

What is your go to eye shadow or paint pot from MAC?
Mashiyat B.
Mashiyat B.
Jamaica, NY

What are some Mac single eyeshadows you guys recommend?
Kayla T.
Kayla T.
Bel Air, MD

Do you have to use a primer?
kate g.
kate g.
Cebu, Philippines

Whats your everyday eyeshadow from MAc?
Joanna H.
Joanna H.

I don't own any MAC what eye shadow should I start with? Or should i start with a paint pot?