Add a Photo

By MAC COSMETICS
#45 in Eyeliner
The ultimate soft-on liner, Eye Kohl lines and defines eyes with rich color and a silky-smooth, matte/pearl finish. The long-wearing formula is great for lining the inner eye rim, smudging around the eyeline for a smoky look, or applying over the entire eyelid for mega color. Color(s): smolder, teddy. Brand: M.A.C. Style Name: MAC Eye Kohl. Style Number: 10695U 1.
Photos (25)
Mitsuko S.
Mitsuko S.
Coronado, CA

I received this Mac kohl pencil in the color teddy as a stocking stuffer one christmas. At first, out of the box, I wasn't too keen on it. I tend to shy away from Browns thinking they make me look sickly. Also I don't do sparkle and this has a gold fleck through it. The color of the pencil tip looks almost bronzey, but deeper brown. I'm glad I put my reservations aside and tried the color on. On its a very flattering shade of dark brown. I actually really love the color. I also the love the way the pencil applies and feels. It goes on smoothly and evenly. It can easily be smudged for a smoky eye look. The pencil is neither too hard or too soft. It's a perfect kohl pencil consistency. A little of the product goes a long way, as it very pigmented. So it has lasted me forever. What doesn't last forever is the wear. It does have a habit of smudging and wearing off, even with primer and setting spray. I think this is a universal problem with kohl pencils however... or at least for me and my skin it is. So I don't fault Mac or the product. I am almost out and planning on repurchasing it. I don't hesitate to give this product a five star rating. I do love it and think others will too!
Randia V.
Randia V.
Daytona Beach, FL

It's great I love it !!!
This is such a versatile liner! First off it's extremely inky black which i <3 I don't see any nuances of green or blue or any other colors. Just matte black. I wear this w MAC Fluidline BlackTrack. What I do is line my eyes w the BlackTrack 1st allow to dry then fill in any gaps w Smolder & tight line w it. I don't normally wear waterline/bottom lashline daily (I've got glasses), so I've not tried water lining but for tight line this is gr8 (normally I don't line lower lid coz of my extreme oily skin I'm guaranteed pandas ALL products), this actually stays in place & I do it on powder products only no creme products bare lids it stays on best thou! I kno many people R sayin it smudges mine stays in place not complaining & the other way to use this is to smoke-smudge it out (smallest concealer brush or qtips), also somexs I add MAC Carbon e/s over it w an ELF bent angle brush). It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. I don't normally buy expensive kohls when I kno NYC/wnw do same thing for $1 but I think this is a lot better for tight line coz it's so soft. It doesn't claim to be H2OProof nor long lasting.
Agustini G.
Agustini G.

I used to be the winged liner queen, there wasn't a day that didn't start with me making sure I had the most perfect eyeliner of them all. Recently, I've traded in my wings for a smoldering lined eye, and that's where this baby comes in. I read good and bad reviews on this and I decided to take a chance seeing as how I've never had any dramatically horrible experience with any one makeup, like some people always seem to claim they have. This is a dark black eyeliner, but not as pure-inky-black-darker-than-satans-soul black like reviews led me to believe. But it is still a great black. I line it on my bottom lashline, and it does smudge- a little. Not racoon eyes just smokier than before. When I line the top, it doesn't budge. I actually really love this eyeliner ,all but the lack of being the darkest black ever, which is what I really wanted. I would recommend this eyeliner, and also offer a tip- using this liner, if you line the bottom but don't want it budging and being smoky like I mentioned before, let it budge once,then remove excess with a q tip , then line it again. That always does the trick for me. ;-)
Lynn M.
Lynn M.
Durham, ME

MAC Cosmetics Kohl Eye Color in Teddy takes my beloved brown and elevates it with the addition of a beautiful bronze pearl tone that adds so much more depth than a flat brown--it really brings out the amber in my brown eyes! The formula is creamy and it applies smoothly. I appreciate the ease of application, as it never tugs at the delicate skin of my 40-something eyes. I prefer a soft look and the MAC Kohl Eye Liner fits the bill. It blends easily with a brush, yet has the staying power I expect from a product of this price point. The other colors are also lush! Try Prunella if you like a dusky plum or Smolder if you love the smoky eye look. Hands down, MAC Kohl Eye Liners are my favorite!
Frankie L.
Frankie L.

It's hard for me to find an eyeliner I love because I have really oily eyelids, so liner usually smudges or slides right off. I usually stick to a waterproof liquid formula because it lasts the best on me, but if I use a pencil I always go for this one. The color selection is amazing, and the staying power is better than other pencils I've tried. I love MAC's eye kohl because it smudges and blends easily while you're applying it for a smokey effect, and then sets and stays put. You can also build it up pretty well for more of an intense look and bolder color. Definitely try it!
Betsy R.
Betsy R.
Miami,Fl

Amanda B.
Amanda B.

Love! I saw a YouTube guru use one a few years ago and it glided on so smooth. I was always buying the cheep drug store brands and could never get a deep/ dark color that looked rich and comfortable without melting it with a lighter first (DON'T DO THIS FOR SO MANY REASONS)
Then I bit the bullet to "splurge" on this in a dark brown. I will never go back to the drugstore versions. I get a smooth dark line on my first application. It doesn't toug my eye area. For me once it's set it stays all day without issue.
Ariana O.
Ariana O.
Cottage Grove, OR

Smolder is the best eyeliner for creating a smoky eye. Unfortunately, if you are not after a smoky eye, Smolder can bleed away from where you put it and you will look like you were up all night partying. That look is cool for some people, I prefer my eyeliner where I put it, and to stay there. I think Smolder is great, it's a really rich, oily black and it goes on well. My hesitation follows where I'm not doing a smoky eye and my eyeliner is all around my eyes, not on the lines of my eyes where I put it.
Dolly K.
Dolly K.
Mc Lean, VA

I've been using MAC eye pencils for the past 5 years and have to confess, they have the BEST EYE PENCILS ever! They glide on so easily + super easy to clean up when you make a mistake applying it half-awake in the morning. I'm down to two inches remaining on my current pencil, but stretching it for a little bit longer! Anyone that is clumsy as me, should start off with MAC and then they'll learn that it's not only an easy product to use, but one of the most eyeliners they have purchased.
Farhana T.
Farhana T.
Brooklyn, NY

In my opinion, there's no other eye pencil better than MAC as I've been using their waterproof black eyeliner for years. Though it's heavily pigmented the khol eyeliner was nothing but disappointing, it irritated my eyes at times, I had to re-apply the eyeliners frequently as it would come off, and it would smudge a lot. I thought since its MAC and I've been using their eyeliners for so long and it's kohl I would try it but never again. I will just stick to the waterproof eyeliner.
satinder k.
satinder k.
Elk Grove, CA

How long wearing is this ?
kaci o.
kaci o.

What are your thoughts and opinions on this product? Is it worth it? I'm looking for a good brand of eyeliner
Jennie P.
Jennie P.
Green Ridge, MO

Is this worth the price? I use Rimmel and find it to be the best for what I need at the price point. Wondering what else is out there. Thanks!
Jenn B.
Jenn B.
Oneida

What are your feelings on MAC eyeliner?? I'm curious about trying it
Taylor G.
Taylor G.

Does this eyeliner go on smooth? Or is it more of a pencil that needs to be sharpened.

Join Now