Sarah J.
Brooklyn
Review for: Show Gold, Bleaming Blush, Other more...
I am a full fledged highlighter junkie and MAC’s Extra Dimension Skinfinish is one of my favorites on the market. I own the following shades:

1. Show Gold (Peach that breaks pink)
2. Beaming Blush (Pink that breaks gold)
3. Doublegleam (Beige that breaks silver)
4. Whisper of Gilt (Light soft white with shimmery sheen)
5. Oh, Darling! (Metallic Gold)

All of the shades mentioned above are permanent except for Whisper of Gilt which to the best to my knowledge is only permanent in the U.K. (I purchased Whisper of Gilt during Holiday 2016 and 2017 when it was re-released as limited edition.) I don’t own the shades Soft Frost (white that breaks violet) or Superb (Patina Bronze.) The shade range is very inclusive. There’s really something for everyone in this collection.

Formula: The Extra Dimension Skinfinish is a hybrid liquid-powder formula. These long lasting highlighters have prismatic reflections designed to sculpt and highlight your face, leaving a luminous, well-defined finish. They are highly pigmented, silky smooth and deliver an intense glow. I use a tapered brush such as the Morphe M501 Pro Pointed Blender or the Luxie Beauty 181 to apply this product. FYI: Whisper of Gilt and Show Gold have visible glitter.

Packaging: I like that these highlighters have a clear window so that you can see which shade you’re picking up. The powder is embossed with the MAC logo which is a nice touch. The packaging definitely doesn’t look cheap.

Pricing: For $34 you receive 9 g/0.31 US oz of product. I’d consider this a fair price point for a prestige brand highlighter. Plus, I highly doubt that you’ll ever hit pan.

Availability: The Extra Dimension Skinfinish Collection can be purchased at any MAC location as well as major department stores such as Macy’s, Nordstrom and Dillard’s.

Final Thoughts: Yes, I would recommend this product. However, it’s not for the faint of heart. I hope that MAC will make Whisper of Gilt permanent in the USA soon!

Pictured in review photo (from left to right) - Doublegleam, Beaming Blush and Oh, Darling!