BY MAC COSMETICS #40 in Highlighter

Extra Dimension Skinfinish Adds The Perfect Glow To Skin. The Liquid-powder Highlighter, With Prismatic Reflections, Is Designed To Sculpt And Highlight Your Face, Leaving A Luminous, Well-defined Finish. The Creamy Powder Formula Lasts Up To Ten Hours.

Key Claims And Benefits:

• Long-wearing, 10 Hours
  • Non-acnegenic
  • Dermatologist Tested
  • Ophthalmologist Tested
  • For All Skin Types

Usage:

• Apply To Face Using A Brush As Desired.

Buy on ULTA
  • "definitely a great finishing powder for me. not quite a staple product seeing as though i like oil preventing products. i have to put on a little more throughout the day than i would really like." in 11 reviews
  • "i love this powder ...when i need to set my face without looking cakey...lightweight but keep me from getting oily ...very light on face" in 9 reviews
Sarah J.
Brooklyn
Review for: Show Gold, Bleaming Blush, Other more...
I am a full fledged highlighter junkie and MAC’s Extra Dimension Skinfinish is one of my favorites on the market. I own the following shades:

1. Show Gold (Peach that breaks pink)
2. Beaming Blush (Pink that breaks gold)
3. Doublegleam (Beige that breaks silver)
4. Whisper of Gilt (Light soft white with shimmery sheen)
5. Oh, Darling! (Metallic Gold)

All of the shades mentioned above are permanent except for Whisper of Gilt which to the best to my knowledge is only permanent in the U.K. (I purchased Whisper of Gilt during Holiday 2016 and 2017 when it was re-released as limited edition.) I don’t own the shades Soft Frost (white that breaks violet) or Superb (Patina Bronze.) The shade range is very inclusive. There’s really something for everyone in this collection.

Formula: The Extra Dimension Skinfinish is a hybrid liquid-powder formula. These long lasting highlighters have prismatic reflections designed to sculpt and highlight your face, leaving a luminous, well-defined finish. They are highly pigmented, silky smooth and deliver an intense glow. I use a tapered brush such as the Morphe M501 Pro Pointed Blender or the Luxie Beauty 181 to apply this product. FYI: Whisper of Gilt and Show Gold have visible glitter.

Packaging: I like that these highlighters have a clear window so that you can see which shade you’re picking up. The powder is embossed with the MAC logo which is a nice touch. The packaging definitely doesn’t look cheap.

Pricing: For $34 you receive 9 g/0.31 US oz of product. I’d consider this a fair price point for a prestige brand highlighter. Plus, I highly doubt that you’ll ever hit pan.

Availability: The Extra Dimension Skinfinish Collection can be purchased at any MAC location as well as major department stores such as Macy’s, Nordstrom and Dillard’s.

Final Thoughts: Yes, I would recommend this product. However, it’s not for the faint of heart. I hope that MAC will make Whisper of Gilt permanent in the USA soon!

Pictured in review photo (from left to right) - Doublegleam, Beaming Blush and Oh, Darling!
GĂ©nesis M.
Houston,TX
Review for: Whisper of Guilt more...
This highlight is definitely not for the people looking for a natural subtle look. There is a iridescent purple sort of sha-bang going on with this highlight but aside from an everday look, I would highly reccomend. The formul is very smooth and glides nicely onto the skin and the powder doesn’t carry any large chunks of glitter. The powder is a compact and carries 9 grams of product. Although not the usual gold/silver shade, it really does sit nicely on the skin, and doesn’t look streaky or in any way obscure. I could not reccomened a better highlight for a festival look either, and with a spritz of any sort of facial spray of water onto the applicating brush, the highlight becomes even more pigmented for a more intense highlight!
Barbara D.
Review for: Show Gold more...
I saw another girl in a makeup community wearing this shade, and I had to have it. I couldn't believe that anyone had made something so beautiful. If you look at my profile (published 4/18/18) I'm actually wearing it there. :) Cheeks and eyebrow arches.

What made it worth $34 to me is the color shift it has. Unlike less expensive brands, it's just not ambiguous about being there, even from a distance.

What I did notice is that I can't really get it to show up very much unless I foil it with water or setting spray. At any rate, I didn't let it stop me! I agree that it doesn't show skin texture flaws at all.
Kelly S.
Review for: Oh Darling! more...
A makeup artist tried this on me during a makeover.
I have been hooked ever since!

This gives a bright shimmery (not sparkly) glow. It’s light golden but not yellow. It looks very natural and can be worn during the day.

You can use a little for a natural look or more for a more glamorous look.

I brush this on the tops of my cheeks and a little down my nose.

I have been using the same one since last April when I purchased it. Will definitely purchase it again.
M K.
Severna Park, MD
Review for: Other more...
I have Mac extra dimension skin finish in Whisper of Gilt. It’s beautiful! You can sheer it out and may look like a natural sheen but you can also make it a strong highlight. It has a light gold undertone. Like most highlighters, it will emphasize your skin’s texture but not too much especially if you use a light hand and a fan brush. M.A.C Cosmetics Extra Dimension Skinfinish
Abby S.
Nashville, TN
Review for: Bleaming Blush more...
Let me start by saying that I (stupidly?) did not realize this was a highlighter. The name “skinfinish” is sort of deceptive and makes me think of a setting powder. After physically seeing the product, I knew that couldn’t be the case. It is beautiful and pigmented, and certain colors can be used to give the cheeks a blush color rather than being simply a highlighter. It is expensive but I can see it lasting a long time.
Kimberly S.
Temple, TX
Review for: Whisper of Guilt more...
One of my favorite highlighters I love it and I truly enjoyed I can't wait to try more of these products it settled great in your skin and looks Flawless for very long time I love the packaging it is really cute and I highly recommended I would definitely buy this again. The long-lasting color last very long on throughout the night it doesn't fade away and it pops up so beautiful that makes your face flawless
Stephanie M.
Lakeland , FL
Review for: Whisper of Guilt more...
I love highlighters and sometimes I really enjoy more colourful ones. I love the light lavender/purple shift this highlighter has. I find it quite flattering on my skin tone. The formula is a bit shimmer, but I don’t mind because the shade is absolutely gorgeous. It gives me mermaid vibes and I cannot express how beautiful I think it looks when the sun hits it. It’s such a gorgeous product.
bianca w.
Maple Grove, MN
this skin finish is excellent for a soft, or glam highlight. the color range is great for all skin tones and has a minimal glittery effect. dimensional is the perfect description of the formula, a little goes a long way. and to amp up a look dab a bit into the corners of the eyes and the cupids bow for a monochromatic look.
Blythe H.
Review for: Whisper of Guilt more...
I have accumulated a few of these over the years (Oh Darling!, Whisper of Gilt and Soft Frost) and they are excellent highlighters.  They apply in a beautiful sheen (either metallic or pearly) and don't have chunk or fine glitter/shimmer like a lot of highlighters do.  These don't accentuate pores or skin texture and have great longevity.

Unfortunately, when MAC was acquired by Estee Lauder, it lost its cruelty-free designation.  Such a shame.  However, I'm hopefully they're moving back in the CF direction as they are apparently discontinuing all of their natural-hair brushes and are going strictly synthetic, due to cruelty.  A massive step in the right direction, but until they're CF again, I will continue using what I have, but I won't repurchase anything.
Nicole M.
Stalybridge , Cheshire
Does anyone know of a dupe for Mac Oh Darling highlighter?? I adore it but I can't justify the price every time! TIA xM.A.C Cosmetics Extra Dimension Skinfinish
Carley-Marie C.
Staffordshire, Newcastle
Would you be able to use this on a fairer skin tone? In terms of MAC foundation i am an NC15
member-4d41e3ceb
Sydney
Is it really noticeable on the skin ?
Hazel S.
Does this rub on with a finger or brush?
Ely R.
boone,nc
What shade would work for medium skin tone say Selena Gomez skin shade