BY M.A.C. COSMETICS #2 in Makeup Tool Cleaners

This One Product Will Clean, Disinfect And Condition Brush Fibres So That Brushes Will Last Longer. It Is Convenient To Use And Is Specifically Designed To Extend The Life Of High-quality Brushes. Brush Cleanser Leaves Your Brushes Smelling Fresh And Clean, And Helps Shorten Their Drying Time.

Key Claims And Benefits:

• Cleanses, Disinfects And Conditions Brushes
  • Extends Life Of Brushes

Usage:

• Apply The Cleanser Directly To The Brush Or On A Towel.
  • Run The Brush Along A Towel Until It No Longer Distributes Any Makeup Remnants.

• On a scale 1 to 10 what would you rate it? 1 being bad 10...2 Answers
  • Can I use soap instead of brush cleaner? If I don't will ...7 Answers
  • What do you wash your brushes with? I used M.A.C Cosmet...10 Answers
M.A.C Cosmetics Brush Cleanser
  • "A little goes a long way, I recommend buying a spray bottle and putting it in there." in 1 review
  • "It does its job and it lasts a long time if you use it properly, and its not that expensive." in 1 review
  • "It got the makeup off of my brushes very well (I use mac brushes too though I believe they are overpriced)." in 1 review
  • "It is a little pricey but works well so I can't complain!" in 1 review
Katherine U.
Newark, NJ
As a brush cleaner, it’s not too bad. I received this as a gift from family with a brush set, so of course I used it to clean them for a while. I found this best to be used when wanting to quickly change colors with eyeshadow, since a simple swipe on a paper towel could remove all the product and dry the brush at the same time. For the price, I prefer other cleansers over this, but it’s still a great product.
Sapeer Z.
valley village
OMG!!!!!! I am in love with this product! It cleans my brushes amazingly!!!! This is totally with every penny!! It is so easy to clean ur brushes with this brush cleanser!!! I totally recommend this!!!!!!
Ellie S.
Morrow, OH
This is a pretty decent brush cleaner. I purchased this from Nordstrom. It is a decent price and lasts a long time. I put it in a spray bottle with water so you get a lot of usage out of the amount of cleaner provided. It does a good job getting the makeup off brushes and dried fairly quickly. I would buy this again M.A.C Cosmetics Brush Cleanser
Shannon T.
Richardson, TX
I love this for spot cleaning brushes. It is amazing. One thing I hate about this bottle is the weird squeeze out tip. I like to pour it into a little spray bottle that I got from Walmart and use that to spray on my brushes and swirl it on a towel. I would highly recommend these to keep your brushes clean and sanitized in between deep cleans!
Jennie O.
This works. It gets your tools clean and doesn't cause damage to delicate brushes and sponges. However, I find myself reaching for sensitive skin shampoo and mild bar soap more lately to clean my tools. It's just cheaper than this cleanser. But if you want to go the "official" route and use a specific cleanser made for brushes, this one works.
Stephanie F.
Longwood, FL
I love using this brush cleaner when I have time to deep clean all my brushes. It cleans them nice and easy. I never feel as if I have residue with my brushes or have any problems with using them after cleaning them. I would definitely recommend this as it go to product. The price point is very reasonable as well. It takes a long time to use this whole jug.
Brianna Z.
W Springfield, MA
I like this. A LOT.

When I use it straight from the bottle, I pour some into a Dixie cup, dip the brush in, add a little water, and work the crud through the bristles. Usually, that's all it takes before I rinse them out, and my brushes are cleancleanclean.

I like to use it from a spray bottle too. Just spritz it onto the bristles a couple of times and do the rest just like above. This seems a little less messy for me, although either method is great.
To my mind, this is 1000X more effective than others I've tried (although I do also like the Sephora bar with the scrubby thing in the cap). I just can't deal with dirty brushes and pretty much wash them every day.

My brushes are clean, soft, and have no smell when I use this stuff.

Buy it again? Ahem. Yep. Already have.
Nicole R.
Palmetto Bay, FL
Love Macs brush cleaner! The smell is great which is important to me I don’t want something that smells bad or really harsh because I use all my brushes on my face and close to my nose it’s just unpleasant and annoying if all my tools stink when I’m done cleaning them. It is a little pricey but it definitely does the job!
Carly A.
I love this cleanser for my makeup brushes. There's no harsh scent and it really breaks down the makeup to leave your brushes looking like new! I've been using this cleanser for about four years now and it is my tried and true. I won't buy another Brand's cleanser, because the MAC cleaser is so good.
🌻ᎯUⅅℛℐ🌻 L.
Riverside, CA
It’s good! Not as good as my cinema secrets but it gets the job done. I think I’m just disappointed by the price and the smell. It’s not bad it’s just too much for me personally. It does linger but not too long. If your sensitive to smells I’d suggest cinema secrets bc that does have a alcohol smell but it disappears instantly.
Alex O.
Willoughby Hills
What do you wash your brushes with? I used M.A.C Cosmetics Brush Cleanser
Sophia S.
Can I use soap instead of brush cleaner? If I don't will it ruin my brush?
Lauren Jade P.
Skelmersdale , Lancashire
This is my favourite brush cleanser, what's your favourite way to remove make up?
Jessica V.
Fresno, CA
How is it, I'm looking for a product to clean my brushes also, because I've been using soap and water only.
rmtha a.