BY MAC COSMETICS

Achieve a naturally flawless finish by using the 196 Slanted Flat Top Foundation Brush. This ultra-smooth, round brush features short bristles and a flat slanted top that reaches each and every contour of the face. The brush is made of soft synthetic fibres giving it a luxurious, silky yet supple feel. Its shortened, dense bristles allow for the highly controlled, quick and even application of a range of formulas including liquid, cream, gel and powder. The result is a smooth, buffed-out finish.

M.A.C Cosmetics 196 Slanted Flat Top Foundation Brush
  • "This is great for all liquid foundations and I especially love it when using a cream contour as it blends beautifully and without brushstrokes. Plus it's super soft so it's great to use with everything. " in 8 reviews
Caimen S.
leitchfield
This brush is honestly so soft. It is one of the best brushes I have ever used. I use it for contour and it blends out so flawlessly! I bought mine from the M.A.C website! I’m highly satisfied with it!
Annette W.
Bronx, NY
Great product. I was looking for a great brush to have in my makeup collection and I picked up this brush at the M.A.C. store near my home. I use it everyday for myself and my clients love it as well. It is very easy to use and apply on my skin. I would definitely recommend this brush.
Caitlyn W.
P C Beach, FL
I purchased this on a whim because it was new from Mac lol. I tried with a fuller coverage foundation and liked the application but I didn’t seem it necessary to be the shape. It was great for eye concealer and I liked it for contour also.
Heather H.
Philadelphia
Soft but left streaks in my foundation. Not great for liquid, powder, or stick formulas. Cleaned it once and glue seeped out a bit. Disappointed that I rarely use it. The bristles are do sort the metal part messes with application. Would not recommend.
Chetana D.
It’s a dense thick brush, does apply liquid foundation well but though bristles are soft it does prick my skin, so though I fancy the brush I tend to use the other foundation brush that is flat. Bought Mac’s brush with buffing in mind too as it was thick but as it pricks a bit I use it rarely.
Sarah C.
Cuero, TX
I really liked this foundation brush. The slanting made it easy to get in the harder places such as the corner of my nose. I also liked the short bristles on the brush. I would by this product again and recommend it to everyone.
Ataisha D.
Norwalk, CT
This brush is SERIOUSLY a blessing. I love it so much. When I was first introduced to it, I was confused on how to use it which made me scared to buy it. I’m so glad that I didn’t leave it at the counter. It blends your highlight/ contour FLAWLESSLY. The slant is perfect for around the entire eye area. It works great with both creme & powder products. The brush is dense which makes blending a breeze. I’m really thankful for this brush lol. I purchased my 196 a year ago and still haven’t been able to find a dupe for it. M.A.C Cosmetics 196 Slanted Flat Top Foundation Brush @influenster
Jazmine R.
Phoenix, AZ
I LOVE MAC. However, I was shockingly disappointed with this tool. I felt that it did absolutely nothing. It left streaky foundation marks and didn't blend anything well into the skin. The individual bristles are thick but they are not very soft. I think that if it were softer it would have given me better results.
Astrid/Princesa M.
I like this foundation bush. I used my fingers to apply my foundation until a make artist at Macy's recommended this to me. She told me you waste more foundation by applying it with your finger and you will save so much if you use the brush. I love the way it works and I use it all the time now :)
Samari N.
This brush is great for creating the perfect contour. Something I recommend for any beginner.
Mac brushes are fab they are in medium price range.. I've used other brushes similar but Mac still gets the job better. I would recommend this brush it well be money well spent