MakeupCosmetic ToolsMakeup BrushesM.A.C. Cosmetics
MAC Cosmetics 196 Slanted Flat Top Foundation Brush

M.A.C Cosmetics 196 Slanted Flat Top Foundation Brush

Achieve a naturally flawless finish by using the 196 Slanted Flat Top Foundation Brush. This ultra-smooth, round brush features short bristles and a flat slanted top that reaches each and every contour of the face. The brush is made of soft synthetic fibres giving it a luxurious, silky yet supple feel. Its shortened, dense bristles allow for the highly controlled, quick and even application of a range of formulas including liquid, cream, gel and powder. The result is a smooth, buffed-out finish.

What recommendations can you give me to wash this brush thoroughly, because being so dense it absorbs a lot of foundation and when I wash it, it is not completely clean and it is left with more internal foundation residues?
Start your review of M.A.C Cosmetics 196 Slanted Flat Top Foundation Brush!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
This is great for all liquid foundations and I especially love it when using a cream contour as it blends beautifully and without brushstrokes. Plus it's super soft so it's great to use with everything. in reviews
Ailen E.
M.A.C Cosmetics 196 Slanted Flat Top Foundation Brush uploaded by Ailen E.
I love this for heavy foundations . By tapping all over the face it really gives a nice coverage. It doesnt need a lot either. Is one of my fav foundation brushes.
Fatima R.
Antioch, CA
I loved using this brush. However, after the second cleaning of the brush the hair bristles started falling out. I bought this
Mandi C.
Blacksburg, VA
This is my favorite foundation brush. I use a cream foundation is this works so good. I have tried other brushes but I always go back to this one. I just love it. It’s super dense and just perfect! Also just wanted to say I haven’t had any bristles come out either.
Joselyn A.
Bakersfield, CA
M.A.C Cosmetics 196 Slanted Flat Top Foundation Brush uploaded by Joselyn A.
I like this brush alot. This is one of my fisrt brushes ever. I dont use it as much but i like it alot. Its great to apply foundation or liquid products. It has a soft tuch sow it doesn't hurt your skin. I am very happy with this brush sens i got it. 😊
Heather P.
Gallup, NM
I have been using and buying these brushes for years. I love how it blends my foundation in to my skin for a flawless look. Would definitely recommend!
Fatimita R.
Antioch, CA
It kills me none of these "beauty gurus" or "professional makeup artists" talk about this amazing machinery. This is hands down the BEST foundation brush I have EVER used and I'm quite the [foundation] brush snob. I previously used the Sigma F80 brush religiously and even bought a backup of it - nope, that doesn't even compare to this baby. I'm able to achieve extreme full coverage looks with my foundation by stippling the liquid over my face. I have dark freckles and I'm able to completely cover them up using this brush... talk about amazing, right? It has never shed once and it compact in size comparison to others I've used. The only true downfall to this brush is it can be hard to clean if you don't regularly clean it... which was a mistake I made once (because I was seriously being lazy). The foundation dries and can be stuck deep in between the bristle which makes it hard to clean even with using oil and vinegar to clean it. Take my advice and clean your brush(es) regularly especially this one. To clean it I use a combo of hot water, vinegar and Dawn dish soap.
Raeghan M.
Olney, IL
Brush #2 foundation brush just sharing some of the brushes I love and think you should try.
Kirstyn M.
Fort Worth
Purchased at: ULTA
It is amazing to use! It is expensive but totally worth it for how well it works to apply your foundation
Selena S.
Temple Terrace
Very good product. Great for chiseling, defining and just applying foundation. Great quality but pricey.
Casey K.
Jacksonville, FL
I really love this brush! I use to use it for foundation all the time now I just use it to bake with because it because up amazing amounts of powder and really packs it on, it is very hard to get all the product out when your cleaning it so keep that in mind, but overall a great buy.