M.A.C Cosmetic Pro Longwear Paint PotInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2015

BY MAC COSMETICS #5 in Eyeshadow

A Highly Pigmented, Long-wearing Eye Shadow That Goes On Creamy And Dries To An Intense, Vibrant Finish. The Innovative Second Skin-like Formula Blends Smoothly Over Lids And Creates Seamless, Buildable Coverage Without Looking Heavy Or Cakey. Its Superior Colour Purity Stays True And Will Not Streak Or Crease. Pro Longwear Paint Pot Can Be Mixed With Other Products Like M·A·C Shadows And Liners.

Key Claims And Benefits:

• Water-resistant
  • Stay-true Colour
  • Provides Flexible Coverage

Usage:

• Smooth Over Eye Area With Finger Or Brush.

• Hey girls, What do you prefer, creamly or powder eyeshadow??182 Answers
  • Ik this is a silly question but what do you do with these...14 Answers
  • Are these eyeshadows or eyeshadow primer?6 Answers
M.A.C Cosmetic Pro Longwear Paint Pot
  • "I absolutely love my MAC Painterly paint pot. They go on creamy and dry without caking or clumping. It is a definiite must have for any eyeshadow look " in 406 reviews
  • "They glide on and stay put for hours. They are also long lasting and great for night looks!" in 199 reviews
Christine M.
Westerville, OH
Review for: Soft Ochre, Painterly more...
These are an ABSOLUTE MUST!!!! I cannot do my makeup without one of these to set as a base for my eyeshadow.  They keep shadow in place while giving it a good foundation to work off of.  The texture is creamy and soft.  It speeds easily with just my fingertip.  I notice extended wear with my shadow when I use this.  On multiple occasions for just quick errands, I have used these colors alone, with no shadow to make my eyes look less dark and sunken.  I love the fact that they have so many choices to work with whatever color palette or eyeshadow you plan to use.  Its like they amplify the color and make it better, since they match or help amp up the colors you are going to use.  I have ditched all other eyeshadow primers and potions and ONLY use these.  And did I mention they last a REALLY REALLY long time?   Just a little bit goes a very long way.  The price tag is right for the amount of use you get out of one pot.  Please give these a shot if you haven't.  EXCELLENT and deserves for stars!!!
Mary Jane B.
Review for: Soft Ochre, Painterly more...
This is my ABSOLUTE FAVE to use when priming my lids for eyeshadow.. I have EXTREMELY oily eyelids where if I forget to use this, I’ll look like a total raccoon mid day! I’ve been using this for over 10 years and have yet to find something just as good. It keeps my shadows and eyeliner put all day long and really helps enhance the color!
A little tip, just make sure to close the lid tightly after use, otherwise it will dry out. My favorite colors to use are painterly or soft ocher. I also use the gold one on special occasions.
I’m sure for dryer skin people, this could work great by it self but if you’re oily like me be sure to set it w some eyeshadow. One pot really lasts a long time and I don’t go one single day w/o using it!
Maritza M.
This is one of my Holy grail products, I always use this every time I do my makeup ! It’s a great primer and an amazing base. It’s the best way to start with a blank canvas on my lids, it cleans everything up ! It’s also great to help with cleaning under my brows with ! If you have really oily skin you can also apply it as a base before foundation in areas that usually rub off like the nose or other areas ! M.A.C Cosmetic Pro Longwear Paint Pot
Katy F.
West Palm Beach
I love these paint pots especially the soft ochre. They are the best eyeshadow primers! I really like soft ochre because it covers up any veins in my eyelids so they're nice and even before I apply my eyeshadow. It really really helps the shadows and the pigments to stick all day and you can even use it to clean up your eyebrows underneath it almost works as a concealer / highlight /primer. I need to get a new one but I've had mine for a long time and it's actually starting to dry out a bit I've been meaning to look up hacks on how to fix a dried paint pot so if anyone has any ideas let me know. Thank you! Try it you'll definitely like it it's a V without a doubt!
Toniann G.
Salisbury Mls, NY
Review for: Soft Ochre more...
I do not like this at all. I wanted to try it out and see what all the hype was about. It made my eyes look dry and flaky under my eyeshadow, which who wants that to happen. I tried it with a brush first, thinking that was the problem, and then with a beauty blender and still got the same outcome. I have to say, it is very pigmented, and covers everything that you need covered, but just didn't work for me. I have oily eyelids, so I was surprised when that was the case. But just because it didn't work for me, doesn't mean it won't work for others.
Theresa M.
Review for: Soft Ochre more...
Hands down one of the best products for eye primer.This product was everywhere on youtube back in the day I had always wanted to see what the big hype was so I tried it. I love the formula it's creamy and long wearing. My shadows will not crease or budge when I use this. The only thing I dislike is the packaging: I wish it came in a tube. It comes in a small glass pot with a screw top lid. I use a small angled makeup brush to apply this the angled brush helps to get the product into the corners. The color Soft Ochre reminds of  NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in custard which is what I used to use as a lid primer but it was crease city!

I get the best results when I apply soft ochre wait a minute and then set it using a  MAC 159 Duo Fiber Blush Brush with either  Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder  or .
Jessica B.
Gray
Love love love the Mac paint pots. I usually put the MAC eyeshadow primer on first, and then I always follow with a paint pot. My favorite color is the soft ochre. After that I start putting on regular eyeshadow. The combination of the primer and the paint pot makes any eyeshadow I put on over it last all day. It does not crease. Of course you can always wear the paint pots without other eyeshadow on top. M.A.C Cosmetic Pro Longwear Paint Pot
Caitlin W.
Review for: Painterly more...
As soneone who’s obsessed with YouTube beauty gurus, MAC paint pot in Painterly has been on my wishlist for years. I finally bit the bullet a few months ago and I’m so happy I did! Its truly as amazing as they say! It’s so creamy and pigmented, yet dries down without creasing and is long lasting. It makes for an awesome eyeshadow primer! My only complaint is I don’t like that it’s in a jar (I prefer tubes or pumps) though the packaging is very luxurious.
Maria G.
Review for: Soft Ochre more...
MAC. Pro Longwear Paint Pot is a highly pigmented. It was the first time I tried it. And it really does what it supposed to. It's a long-wearing eyeshadow that goes on creamy and dries to an intense, vibrant finish over lids. And creates seamless, buildable coverage without looking heavy or cakey. It is a big difference when I applied my eyeshadow without this product. Now that I have it I always use it and my eyeshadow last a longer time and I love the results. #M.A.C Cosmetic Pro Longwear Paint Pot
Holly A.
Thomas, WV
Review for: Bare Study more...
If I had to give up all my make up and keep this- I would. Its great as a highlighter, an eyeshadow, and I also use it to ombre my lipstick! The value is amazing, Im on month 10 of my Paint pot and I am in love with how long it lasts. You dont need much, it goes on smooth, lasts all day, I use it as a primer under eye shadow for my favorite look- Cut Crease! And I use it as primer under my highlight. Go buy this product!!! Right now!
Lindsay s.
beirut, achkout
Hey girls, What do you prefer, creamly or powder eyeshadow??
Kayla B.
Kalamazoo, MI
Does this crease at all?
Myranda D.
Portland, OR
What shades do you wear?
Emily N.
Alexandria, VA
Do you prefer this alone or do you use it as a primer?
Marie T.
What's your favorite Paint Pot shades?