MakeupM.A.C. Cosmetics
M·A·C 137 Long Blending Brush

M·A·C 137 Long Blending Brush

An ultra-soft tapered brush for a light dusting of any powder.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of M·A·C 137 Long Blending Brush!
Alycia W.
Granby
I love using the brush to blend out my eyeshadow all over my eyes. It is feathery enough to not really move the shadow around, but it blends the shadows together perfectly. I also highly recommend this brush for setting the base color as well!
Mackenzie S.
Plymouth , WI
M·A·C 137 Long Blending Brush uploaded by Mackenzie S.
I recently discovered the Mac 137 (a bit late, I know) and I am so happy I did. It really is a very unique and versatile brush that stands out among the other brushes in my collection. I can honestly say I don't own anything quite like this one (and I own WAY more brushes than the average person needs). The MAC 137, or "Long Blending Brush", is described as "an ultra-soft tapered brush for a light dusting of powder" on the Mac Website. The long length of the bristles, combined with the loosely packed hairs and pointed tip made it ideal diffusing colors in a somewhat precise manner. The bristles are natural hairs and are extremely soft, flexible, and tapered. I, personally, like to use this brush to apply a light wash (or base) of a light/natural colored highlight (like the kevyn aucoin celestial powder in "starlight" or the hourglass ambient lighting powder in "luminous light") all along my cheekbones (all the way up to the apples of my cheeks). Because of the tapered shape that comes to a point, it's really great at applying my highlight without being too pigmented or glittery. Instead, I get a perfect sheer wash of highlight that really gives me a lit from within type of glow. I then take a different (denser) brush with a more intense colored highlighter and apply halfway on the cheekbones and above the brow to really get a stunning and bold look. I think this brush is also a really great brush for applying very pigmented blushes. It really does a great job at diffusing and distributing powder products evenly and flawlessly without getting it in areas you don't want. You can also pinch the bristles slightly and use it to contour and highlight the nose too, which is something I recently discovered! Overall, I would say that this brush is a really great tool if you're looking to achieve a soft and natural finish of pigmented makeup. If you like using a fan brush to apply your finishing powder or highlighter, I think you'll love this one even more! This brush makes it easier to focus product on any given area. All in all, I love the versatility of this brush, especially for being such a loose, fluffy face brush. Honestly, I cannot say a bad thing about this brush, besides the fact that it is on the pricier side. However, I feel like the performance of this brush justifies the price ten times over! It really is a high quality brush that is made to last. I have yet to see a bristle shed, even after washing it multiple times. Nor does it lose its shape after being washed which is always a good thing in my book. I highly recommend this brush and will continue to use it and will repurchase when mine needs to retire (which I don't think will be anytime soon, thankfully)!
Kaitlyn V.
Castroville, CA
This MAC brush is perfect for applying some highlighter to the cheek bones. The shape of the brush makes so a very easy application of highlighter, it disperses the highlight nice and evenly and it doesn’t make it look splotchy either.
Melissa B.
Anderson, CA
This brush is nice I think it's great for very lightly applying bronzer because it goes well in the hollows of the cheeks, it is really soft so it never leaves a harsh line of product. The people at Mac also say it works well with highlighter, which I agree it does, but I like a heavy highlight, and this really can't do that. It is pricey and I don't grab for it often, I prefer the 135 flat paddle brush quite honestly. I tried it with setting powder and I didn't quite like the application of that either.
Joel G.
Stockton , CA
Would highly highly recommend this brush! It's great for contouring an highlighting!! Super easy to clean! It's a must have in your kit if you're a make up artist or just someone who really enjoys makeup!!
Amanda J.
Moorhead, MN
Love this blending brush! MAC always has the best quality brushes. I use this brush at least 3 times a week. I have oily skin and this works well with it. I bought this online. Very satisfied with this product!
Nicole G.
Pittsburgh, PA
I bought this because they didn't have the 138 in stores... Ended up loving it, I use it for my bronzer.
Angie C.
Las Vegas, NV
This is my go to eyeshadow brush. I use this EVERY SINGLE DAY for my crease and to blend. If I could only have ONE eyeshadow brush, this would be it. It's amazin
Jossy H.
Huntsville, TX
I love love love this brush! It blends everything so beautiful, I use this brush on a daily
Heather L.
Tampa, FL
I have a love hate relationship with this brush. It is by far one of MACs softest and well made brushes. The brush is very long and not dense at all so it doesn't apply product well and Is very diffused. I find its best for lightly applying bronzer or a no color powder. It's interesting but I don't think as multi functional as other brushes that I have. Many people love it though. It is very soft I must say.

Looking for your answer?