BY LXMI

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry Sensitive A lightweight, pillowy, pore-refining moisture veil with potent Nile River Valley actives to create a dewy, youthful finish. Solutions for:- Enlarged pores- Dryness- Uneven textureIf you want to know more… Like the Nile River itself, Creme du Nil Pore-Refining Moisture Veil is a source of life for lackluster skin. A feather-light formula, it floods skin's surface with LXMI's signature ingredient, Nilotica Reserve™, which delivers up to 25 percent more essential fatty acids than traditional shea butter. With hibiscus flower acids to exfoliate skin's surface and Ugandan vanilla pods to preserve natural beauty, this potent Nile River cocktail creates a dewy, youthful finish to prepare for flawless makeup application and to lock in nutrients while you sleep. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates This product also does not contain synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, petrochemicals, gluten, oils, or triclosan. It is vegan, 100 percent naturally derived, noncomedogenic, and cruelty-free. All ingredients rank 0-1 on EWG Skin Deep Index for Safety."I always use Creme du Nil as the last step in my skincare regimen, either to prepare my skin for makeup, or to seal in moisture like an overnight mask." Leila Janah, Founder see more...

• Does it really brighten your skin? I'm looking for someth...4 Answers
  • i love the concept but is it good for sensitive skin?3 Answers
LXMI Creme du Nil Pore-Refining Moisture Veil 1.2 oz/ 36 ml
  • "CRÉME DU NIL is a great product, it sinks instantly into your skin leaving it soft and ready for your makeup application, 3 main ingredients are Shea Nolitica which is hydrating, smoothing and illuminating, Hibiscus which is exfoliating and an antioxidant, and Vanilla which is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, these are all sourced from Uganda And this is beauty that gives back, the women that harvest the Nolitica Nuts move out of poverty by earning 3x the local average wages. LOVE it... Beauty and Prosperity!! :)" in 6 reviews
  • "I love this moisturizer! It has a strong grassy, hay scent; but that doesn't bother me. It's super gentle on the skin, I have very very sensitive dry skin. It left my skin super soft and super hydrated. *Disclaimer- I did receive this as a sample.* But I highly highly recommend this product, although I wouldn't recommend it for Oily Skin. " in 5 reviews
  • "I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS PRODUCT!!! It is so smooth and light. The smell is glorious beyond words, I can't explain it, but it's quite natural and sweet. Didn't break me out at all and I have very sensitive skin." in 4 reviews
Ginny R.
I received a few sample sizes of this from Ipsy. I had heard good things and was excited to try it out! It has no scent, which is fine if you are into that, but I'm not. It's also greasy. I didnt find it all that great, it was moisturizing, but no wow factor for me. Not worth the price.
Rachel F.
Frisco, TX
I wanted to love this product. I really did. I like going out bare faced sometimes, so I thought this would be great after my skincare routine in the morning. The smell was so bad I couldn’t stand it. I washed my face off immediately and threw it away.
Maggie H.
I received a sample size of this from Ipsy and am so sad that it is almost gone! It is terribly expensive, so I can't imagine I would ever buy this, but it's been a treat to use every day for intense moisture. I have sensitive skin and tend to be picky with moisturizers, but this one doesn't burn in the slightest.
Cheyenne C.
Mesa, AZ
It has a little bit of a weird texture when rubbing it on your skin but it makes your skin really soft. It has a runny lotion texture but when putting it on your skin it sounds foamy but its a moisturizer. It makes your skin noticeably soft and leaves you wanting to feel your face all day!
Brittany B.
Semmes, AL
This stuff is my holy grail moisturizer. I wish I could afford to BATHE in the stuff. It’s sooo moisturizing and leaves my skin absolutely glowing. It’s one of the few products I splurge on in my skincare routine as a girl on a budget. 10/10 would buy again. Day or night doesn’t matter
Julie Z.
Vancouver, WA
At first I was scared to try this stuff because of the Shea base. I did anyway and was pleasantly surprised. I used it for a week straight just to be sure and it didn't cause any new breakouts. This is extremely rare for me with any heavier cream. My skin is so dehydrated that I was excited to be able to use such a rich cream without irritation. And when I say rich, I mean rich. This stuff has more essential fatty acids then any other cream I have found. The smell definitely threw me off (it smells straight up like hay), but after I started getting results I didn't even care anymore. The problem with most moisturizers and creams nowadays is that it may feel nice and all; but once you wash your face it feels no different than before you put on the moisturizer. That's the first thing that got me sold on this product besides that it didn't break me out. I would use it as a night cream, and after I washed my face in the morning I would still be left with a glow. Not a greasy glow, but a hydrated healthy glow. Not only that but my skin remained soft. After using this for a couple weeks straight, I noticed that my skin wasn't producing as much oil during the day. Finally I have found something that truly does hydrate my skin and makes it happy. Because of that I don't care to try any other night creams. This is definitely one of those "if I was deserted on an island..." products.
Jennifer S.
I chose a sample of this product as one of my Ipsy point rewards last month and I just recently tried it out. This product has the oddest smell ever; to me, it smells like grass. I detect no hints of anything floral in it, literally just the scent of grass. I was very put off by that at first, but I wanted to see if the product itself was any good. This cream is a liquidy consistency and is white, and it's one of those products, kind of like sunscreen, that will leave a white film on your skin if you don't rub it in well enough. I definitely had to take time to make sure I rubbed it in so it wasn't visible. It seemed to take a few minutes to fully absorb into my skin, but once it did, my face felt amazingly soft. I don't know if I would use this as a day cream or under makeup because it feels kind of heavy once it absorbs into the skin, but I think this would be a good night cream. Overall this product feels nice. I don't care for the scent and I'd never pay full price for it, but it's decent enough if you're in the market for a luxury cream.
Bianca B.
#LXMI I could say so many things about this brand, but I'll keep it simple.
• Pure, rare ingredients from unique terroir
• Going beyond charity to provide work for women, and
• Natural and organic botanicals, often safe-enough-to-eat Thank you so much for sending these complimentary beautiful gifts. Your concept of giving and receiving is something we all can learn from. #LXMIActivist #WomenHelpingWomen #Pure #Rare #Organic #Luxury #FairWage #Luxe #Skincare #LoveYourSkin #Vegan #FairTrade #Like4Like #Instapic #InstaBlogger #InstaGood #picoftheday #Thursday #ad #InstaBeauty #BeautyBlogger #Gift #Promo #Like4Like #lfl #Contest #GotItFree #ProductReviews #skincare #BloomBadge
Brandy V.
Palm Bay FL
I received some free samples of this moisturizing veil. This is my first experience with this brand and I absolutely love it. I would consider it a smart moisturizer. It travels where it needs to travel to hydrate dry skin, replace unhealthy oil with healthy hydration and leaving normal skin tones with a nice shiny glow. I would definitely recommend this product. The story behind the company is something anyone would want to help support.
Lizandra R.
Saint Pauls, NC
Erin P.
Greensboro, NC
Does it really brighten your skin? I'm looking for something that'll moisturize and give me a dewy complexion.
Hayley Q.
i love the concept but is it good for sensitive skin?