BY LUSH #38 in Facial Cleansers

Ultrabland is a thick, rich emulsion of essential oils, honey and beeswax to take off any makeup or residue that has built up on your face throughout the day. Unlike most makeup removers, Ultrabland leaves skin feeling soft and nourished thanks to soothing rosewater and iris flower extract. Suitable for all skin types, this classic Lush cleanser is hugely popular with staff and customers alike for its effectiveness. Not so bland after all, is it?

• How does everyone like this. I am looking for a new product to us...5 Answers
  • What does this product smell like1 Answers
  • Is it for all skin types?2 Answers
Jean W.
Jean W.
Durham, NC
This was the first LUSH product that I ever purchased and it continues to be one of my go to products. I recently ditched makeup wipes in search of a gentler way to remove my sometimes heavy makeup. On a recommendation from a friend (who has amazing skin), I knew I had to try it out. I very rarely use makeup wipes now. All you have to do is smear a couple fingers' worth of product all over your dry face, then wipe it off with a warm, damp cloth. It's so simple and so rewarding! After I use it to remove my makeup, I continue my routine with the Dark Angel's cleanser and the Tea Tree Toning Water. My skin has never looked better! It's a little bit on the pricier side, $18.95 for a 1.5 oz jar, but it's lasted me a long time. A little definitely goes a long way. This product was definitely a game changer for me in 2016!
Angela F.
Angela F.
Burien, WA
THIS. IS. THE. BEST. PRODUCT. FROM. LUSH. I am an avid lush lover and enthusiast. My bathroom is overflowing with lush products, from bath bombs and oils to masks and scrubs, but this one is by far the best out of it all. I have incredibly acne prone skin with an oily t zone and a dry nose and chin, but this solved all of my problems. In just a few days my skin cleared up dramatically. If I'm feeling too lazy to take off my makeup and do a full skincare routine, I just use this. For me it's a triple threat. I use it to remove my makeup, cleanse my face, and I purposely don't remove every bit of it so it can be used as a moisturizer as well. Amazing! Worth the price.
Brittany B.
Brittany B.
St Petersburg, FL
This was the first Lush product I ever purchased and it literally changed my skin. I suffered from adult acne for YEARS and nothing worked. I bought this on a whim at my first lush trip and it has blown my expectations away. It's so incredible that this product junkie has NEVER tried anything else in its place. The ingredients help fight the bacteria in acne, the butters and waxes breakdown makeup and dirt/oil on your skin, and the Rose helps treat your skin especially if it's sensitive. It leaves behind glowing soft clean skin that I love more and more each day.
Samantha S.
Samantha S.
Round rock , TX
This is not your average facial cleanser at all. Instead of rinsing with water, you get this off of your face with a wet towel. You can use this to take your makeup off, but I prefer to use a liquid rather than this gel type creamy cleanser so if you're into that then this is perfect for you. I probably wouldn't recommend this for oily skin because it made my dry skin feel oily but I would just ask for a sample at any lush store to see for yourself!
Megan W.
Megan W.
Montville, NJ
This is my new favorite product. I use it as both a cleanser and a makeup remover. For removing makeup, it literally melts product off of your face before you wipe it away with a damp washcloth. For cleansing, I find it a BIT too moisturizing for me to only use this - so I actually use a classic gentle cleanser (Cetaphil) after Ultrabland. For me, it is the perfect combo and my skin couldn't feel softer and cleaner if I tried.
Samantha J.
Samantha J.
Chicago
This is a great cleanser if you know the right way to use it. I used it wrong the first time. I took a big glob and rubbed it on my face in the shower then tried to rinse it off. WRONG. use a tiny bit. Rub it into your face, it's especially gentle on the eyes and the. I take a wet warm washcloth and rub the product off my face. It literally melts your makeup off. Love this stuff. Moisturizing and gentle.
Mimi R.
Mimi R.
4.5 stars
As a makeup remover this product is a little tricky I make it work by leaving it on my face for a couple minutes then take a damp face cloth and wipe away the makeup. This is amazing if you're dying your hair and don't have vaseline, although its fairly expensive, it's extremely gentle.

Pros:
Gentle
Effective
Non irritating for my sensitive skin

Cons:
A little difficult to use
Can be greasy
Maria D.
Maria D.
carmel, IN
For the price I expected more. I just didn't think it was any better of a cleanser then anything else I've used (high end or drug store). I would say that if I was going to purchase again, I'd use it as an eye makeup remover only.
It does kind of ruin the washcloth or whatever you use when you take the product off your face, even after several washes the product never seems to come out.
Julia S.
Julia S.
Charlotte, NC
This stuff is the BOMB! It very gently takes off all of my makeup, and I mean my primer, vocation, concealer, cream contour, powder, all of it! It even removes waterproof mascara with ease. With in a few days use I noticed my pores had shrunk significantly and my over all skin texture and tone had improved drastically. This is perfect for dry or sensitive skin.
Brittney H.
Brittney H.
This is the most refreshing and best cleanser I have tried. The ingredient are natural and I feel good using it! When I have a sun burn this is the best product to help without causing acne! I will either wash my face with it or rub a gentle amount on my face after I wash to add moisture back to my dry face. It helps my face stay balanced oil and acne wise.
Shannon M.
Shannon M.
Waterford, PA
How does everyone like this. I am looking for a new product to use on my face. I have very sentive skin that tends to be on the dry side especially in the winter months. Would you recommend?
Alison G.
Alison G.
Omaha, NE
is this product gentle enough for VERY sensitive skin
Morgan S.
Morgan S.
Southlake, TX
Does this product cause breakouts?
Ashlen B.
Ashlen B.
Yakima, WA
Ive heard good things about this face cleanser but does it matter what kind of skin type you have or does it work on all?
Christine R.
Christine R.
Mc Donald, PA
How well does this work at removing water proof mascara? I have heard this can be used as a makeup remover and facial cleanser but was wondering how will it removed all makeup.