Add a Photo

By LUSH
#15 in Bath Products

All Girl Summer Fun Band: Kim Baxter (vocals, guitar, keyboards, drums); Kathy Foster (vocals, guitar, bass, drums); Jen Sbragia (vocals, guitar); Ari Douangpanya (vocals, bass, drums).Recorded at Type Foundry, Portland, Oregon in November 2002.Personnel: Jen Sbragia (vocals, guitar); Kim Baxter (vocals, keyboards, typewriter).Audio Mixer: Jeremy Romagna. Recording information: Type Foundry, Portland, OR (11/2002).Illustrator: Jen Sbragia. Photographer: Michael Lavine. On their second album, the All Girl Summer Fun Band offer more of the spunky punk-pop with which they established themselves, taking much inspiration both from 1960s girl groups and late-'70s/early-'80s girl group-influenced punk and new wave bands. It's not an original format, no, and it's got its limitations. All that said, this is highly enjoyable and superior for its genre, with genuinely catchy, likable melodies and fairly witty, flippant lyrics. Boy-girl, or at least young man-young woman, romance is a theme that runs through a lot of these songs. But there are twists that you wouldn't likely have heard on Shangri-Las or even Blondie records, like a flame with a "Video Game Heart," or a plea to "Becky" to borrow her boyfriend. Most of this is uptempo stuff that's fun to bop along to, but it helps when a little more diversity creeps in, as in the slower and more atmospheric "Daydreaming" with its eerie high drones, the creepy synthesizer hooks of "Video Game Heart," and the almost tender high harmonies of "Becky," which is catchy in a cool mid-'60s pop/rock sense. ~ Richie Unterberger

Photos (28)
Ella M.
Ella M.
Modesto, CA

Ed this thing, made my skin soft and silky. the smell was absolutely amazing not to mention the colors in my bath were fantastically visually stimulating. The fact that this company uses only natural ingredients works well for me since i have really sensitive skin and are prone to rashes and other things due to chemicals. There are two things that i dislike and this is why its not full 5 stars, the price can be a tad high up there so watch out ( they are very good though so worth it just you can go over board if you're not careful) and the sparkles. Now I like glitter like any other girl but every bath bomb i can see so far has a ton of glitter in the water afterwards which caused my skin to itch like mad. I didn't get any infections or rashes but i was still really itchy from it.
Lela C.
Lela C.
Kihei, HI

I was slightly disappointed by Spacegirl. I was really excited to try them as I'd never used Lush bath bombs before. I liked the smell of Spacegirl, however when it dissolved in the water, the scent was not very strong at all. This might be fine for some but I was expecting the typical strong scent that you get with most Lush products. The water turned a nice pale purple, but the color was definitely not very strong. The glitter was all clear and not very visible in the water, but I don't really care about glitter so that didn't bother me.

I would definitely use Spacegirl again if I got it as a gift, and maybe would buy again if it was on sale. I definitely wouldn't buy it full price because when I'm paying $5+ for a single-use bath bomb, I want to absolutely love it!
Camila S.
Camila S.

When I want to have a nice relaxing bath, lush is my go-to. Their bath bombs are beautifully designed and the names are adorable, and they don't fail to disappoint on the entertainment factor when they fizz up. This bath bomb had a wonderful scent that I absolutely loved, and the sparkles looked amazing in the water. So don't get me wrong! I love the lush bath bombs, however this one in particular I did not as much as the others. My reasoning for this is because the sparkles in this bath bomb stay on your body after the bath! Even when you shower they still stay on, I was a glittery mess for the next couple days or so. Not a great experience, but I do still love their bath bombs. I just won't be picking this one up again anytime soon.
Harleen G.
Harleen G.
Bellingham, WA

As first impressions go, Space Girl nailed it. With a beautiful shade of violet and decorated with flecks of red and gold glitter, this bath bomb is a feast for the eyes. Shaped like a flying saucer (although you could argue that it is also shaped like a planet), this unworldly ballistic gives off a gorgeous fruity, floral scent.

Containing bergamot, grapefruit and almond oils, this bath bomb possesses a fruity blackcurrant scent that is slightly reminiscent of the Comforter, although there is definitely a floral undertone here, which smells of Parma Violets as well. Space Girl definitely has a multi-layered scent, which gives it a rather mature smell and will appeal to a whole range of different people.
Audrey D.
Audrey D.

The shape of this bomb is super unique although it is not the most brightly colored bomb. I really like the splashong red glitter too.

The scent is the main reason ehy i love this bomb it smell just like the sweets Parma Violet ehich I absolutely love. I have always been a lover of sweet scent so this is just perfect for me. But at the same time is also very calming and relaxing. I feel like I always drift off to sleep easily and have a good night rest after using this product as it really help me unwind.

Once in the water this bomb really turn into action, the so called "space-dust" aka popping candy gives it a real frizz and pop whilst it spins around the tub- its quite satusfying to watch.
Lexus J.
Lexus J.
Nacogdoches, TX

This is the very first bath bomb I tried from lush when the trend started. The scent is beautiful and if you leave the bath bomb unwrapped on your counter the whole room becomes fragrant! It's a really fun experience to watch the water fizz and bubble info a multitude of gorgeous colors and it makes for an extremely relaxing bath. Perfect for a romantic bath with your significant other or just to pamper yourself. My only is that though I found it relaxing I don't recall my skin feeling any different after using the product. It's not an exfoliant or soap or anything, it just makes your water look pretty.
Alaina L.
Alaina L.
Trenton, NJ

O. M. G. If you want to try the BEST body products in the world, find out where the closest LUSH is to you and GO CRAZY. I am completely in love with their bath bombs(the only bath bombs I use). I have very sensitive skin, and even more sensitive lady parts, so I can't use many products in the bath, ESPECIALLY nothing colored or scented. BUT LUSH products have never been a problem. They smell heavenly and leave your skin feeling completely amazing and touchably soft. Writing this review is making me remember that I need to head over to the mall tomorrow night and grab a few more products. IN LOVE!
Scout F.
Scout F.
Samford Valley

A lovely bath bomb, with a sweet blackberry scent! since i like my baths to be a real experience, i tend to put two or even three bath bombs in (this is expensive but i have a bath very rarely, so i end up with lots of bath bombs and nothing to do with them) and if you want to do the same, my favorite combination for space girl is:
space girl x2
a little chunk of candy mountain bubble bar
anything else sweet scented! i feel that adding intergalactic to the mix would make a truly beautiful bath with all the sweet scents of candy, berries and peppermint that a candy store has!
Emily A.
Emily A.
Dacula, GA

I love LUSH and their bath bombs and very rarely do I have any complaints. I purchased this bath bomb the first time because I saw a picture of what it was supposed to look like on Twitter. I was very excited and optimistic- to find that my bath looked like a boring blue mess. I was so disappointed. I was given it as a gift a few months later and tried again. This time, I got the color it was supposed to be! However, I've yet to purchase it again. Their other bath bombs are much better and produce the same effect, so I plan on buying other bombs until the product is fixed.
Gabrielle K.
Gabrielle K.
Chesterfield, MI

I LOVE this bath bomb. This bath bomb has since been discontinued from Lush's regular line, but it makes appearances in the Lush UK kitchen and is more of a limited edition item now - although I wish they would just bring it back! It is one of the cheaper bath bombs - I think it was around $5 - and it smells incredible. It smells of black currants (berry) and it is a light, calm and lingering scent. It doesn't do much in the bath but turn it a pale lilac color and leave copper glitter, but it does have popping candy to add some sound and it smells delightful.
Jade N.
Jade N.
Danielsville, PA

Do they stain the tub?
Hannah D.
Hannah D.
Slayton, MN

Is this bath bomb harmful to sensitive skin?
Jessie G.
Jessie G.
Cowen, WV

Is this worth the price? I keep seeing lush bath bombs everywhere and I've been dying to try one but they cost a lot for someone living on minimum wage. So tell me, is it worth it?
shilpa l.
shilpa l.

What is this? I have never even heard about such products? The girl feeling is coming (want to try it)
Rachel M.
Rachel M.
Normal, IL

I'm thinking about getting a few Lush products for my newly-in-college sister...are the products pretty pricey or is it reasonable to get a few and not break the bank?

Join Now