BY LUSH #89 in Shampoo

Soften tangled locks and add oceans of shine with this mineral-rich, sea salt volumizing shampoo bar. Seanik is made with nourishing ingredients from the sea: softening Irish moss seaweed and Japanese nori seaweed make your hair soft as silk from root to tips, and sea salt gives body and volume to hair that’s fallen flat. One seriously sexy shampoo, we added lemon oil for extra shine, and the exotic far eastern fragrance of sensual mimosa and jasmine oils to bathe you in the heady scent of tropical flora all day long.

• Does this work like liquid shampoos and how effective is it?1 Answers
  • Can this be used on color treated hair?1 Answers
  • Would you suggest this product or Lush’s “Big” for volume...1 Answers
Lane H.
I wanted to love this shampoo bar SO much. It was affordable, lasted a long time, was better for the environment, etc. It even smelled good. For the first couple of days, I liked it. It made my hair feel clean, soft and shiny. However, with a few weeks use, my hair started to get dull and heavy. I tried a clarifying shampoo and then went back to this on the next wash - nothing changed. With the dullness and weight, my hair felt so dry and tangly. My hair is normally super oily in the root-area and dry in the ends, so this may be targeted for more oily hair in general and it was just too drying for my hair. Overall, oily hair folks are the only ones I would recommend this to. I normally love LUSH, so this was a let down.
Drake B.
Portland
When I am looking for a new shampoo I usually will reach for the cheapest one available, but then I discovered how these shampoo bars that last forever.
Pros:
- No plastic bottle (better for the environment)
- Lathers insanely well. Especially for how much you rub into your har.
- Smells great
Cons:
- storing it is awkward as you can't get it wet directly and you can't seal it in a case. Therefore what I do is I put outside the shower in a metal tin that allows it to stay dry.

Overall, I would highly recommend this product!

sunny k.
Gainesville, FL
I give all LUSH shampoo bars a 5 star rating because not only are the ingredients incredible for my hair but their creation is incredible for the environment. And to be completely honest, you get wayyyyy more bang for your buck. Like in comparison to most better quality shampoos, this bar gives you 3 times the usage and less of the chemicals. LUSH hair products in general gave me a whole new head of hair. This was my first shampoo bar and since I’ve tried 2 others and I’m never going back.
Madelaine P.
Craig, CO
While at times if I didn't use proper aftercare this left my hair dry, it certainly helped with volume! Seanik shampoo bar took my hair from chemically damaged, frizzy, and limp to shiny, soft, and voluminous! It lasted probably about 3 months even with me using it pretty carelessly (not letting it really dry and letting it become mush because I didn't realize how I was supposed to be keeping it). It also smells nice and made my natural curls more beachy.
Thao N.
Pinellas Park
I really like he idea of shampoo bars and reducing the use of plastic packaging but I don’t really like this particular shampoo bar. About a week into using it I got pretty bad dandruff that I haven’t had since I was in middle school. I had to go back to liquid shampoo but I still try to incorporate it in sometimes. I will continue to look for a shampoo bar that won’t make my hair as dry. But the smell is great and I like the overall message of plastic reduction and use of natural products.
Megan T.
Saint Petersburg
my every day shampoo! a little bit goes a long way, I’ve had this for close to 3 months now and still have a bit left so really affordable. love how environmentally friendly this is (no packaging, just comes in a reusable tin so when you run out you won’t need another one!) makes my hair feel soo good. I agree with some other reviews that it makes the hair feel a bit heavy after prolonged use. but that typically happens with all shampoos for me. I have to switch brands every 2-3 months. So when I feel this happen I just use a different shampoo for a week then go back. Love love love this!
Tiffany N.
If you like the feeling of squeaky clean hair then this shampoo is definitely for you. I have an oily scalp so this product makes me feel like I’ve cleaned my hair thoroughly. On the website I believe it says that this shampoo give your hair more volume. Personally I didn’t see much of a difference which is why I’m only rating this 4/5 stars. Overall good shampoo.
Xiomara C.
love but it does stick to the any surface so i need to be extra careful.

i air it out first before putting it back into the tin.

one think they should change the ingredients.  SULFATES please Lush use a alternative.

I mainly buy this because it does help the environment and not wast shampoo by squeezing too much!
Shawna G.
University Pl, WA
I got this particular product because at the time, I was having issues with my hair and scalp. Went into Lush and explained what was going on, and they recommended me this. At first I was really skeptical because I had never tried a shampoo bar before but I actually fell in love. It lasts forever because a little goes a long way and I love the smell!
Bethany C.
This is one of my favorite shampoo bars from Lush, the only thing is that if you don’t rinse your hair well you end up with funny little bits in it. The smell is great but it will melt if you leave it in your shower or tub, I recommend drying it out after each use and storing it in one of the custom tins or a waterproof container.
Melissa V.
Bolingbrook, IL
I am debating buying one of these. What do you think of it vs. real shampoo ?
Kimberly A.
Garden Grove, CA
How long does this last?
Jennifer G.
Cartersville, GA
Is this a good quality for the price?
Lolita L.
Wichita, KS
What's the best way to store this bar?
Elizabeth R.
Lake Oswego, OR
I have baby fine, lifeless hair. Does this work? I really love Lush's mission.