BY LUSH #20 in Face Masks

Find the happiness you seek by cleansing cheek to cheek with this gorgeously soothing fresh mask. A simple blend of kaolin, calamine and Turkish rose oil to delicately calm the skin and restore balance. Whether you're feeling hot and bothered or just fancy showering your complexion with roses, cleansing calamine and kaolin will gently remove dirt while exquisite rose oil nourishes and tones your face. Calm, matte skin, here you come!

• I WANT TO TRY IT.WOULD U TELL ME WHEN I CAN SEE THE RESULTS??1 Answers
  • Is this a fresh face mask?1 Answers
  • Does this help hydrate your skin?2 Answers
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm generally dissapointed by high end face masks. Out of the over probably 50 I've tried the last 2 years only about 1 to 3 have worked as promised. They all seem to market themselves as a dream cure and that after an entire bottle I should see some major results but even at over 70 dollars per ounce that's usually never the case.
I'm 26 and I focus on anti aging, smoothing, mattifying and acne treating. I have adult hormonal acne (same as teenage acne. The same acne I've had since I hit puberty.) And large pores and intensely oily skin that's very textured from scarring from acne and my pores. I'm also starting to see fine lines around my eyes and like to take preventative and treating measures to slow the aging process down if possible since I think that's more likely to work than making wrinkles that are already there go away.
So onto the mask:
I received this as my free mask after turning in 5 empty and clean full size bottles or tubs of lush products. Mostly lotions. One jelly and one roots hair tub. All full size.
I would normally pick acne and oil cleansing type masks but this sounded good and since it was one of their more expensive masks I wanted to get my money's worth. I picked it out of their fridge. Bought a few other items and headed home. I have had it for 3 days and just used it today.
Going on it felt amazing. So calming and smooth and the aromatherapy effects were amazing. It smelled so pretty. It's hard to describe. It's like this pretty floral scent that's not old lady like or powdery at all. It's just plain pretty and so relaxing to smell and wear.
It dries within about 7 minutes or less with a thin layer but I let it stay on after that while I took a shower. I had washed and exfoliated out of the shower immediately prior to applying a thinner layer of the mask.
I wanted my pores to open from the shower heat and to be able to get the full effect. So 7 min out of shower to dry and ten in shower not getting it wet. 17 min total befor rinsing in shower with warm water. I dried my face and touched it before putting any mattifying toners, clarifying toners or mattifying moisturizers or makeup on.
My skin felt so so soft. It was indescribable. I hadn't felt it this soft in years. It was like my babies skin almost. It also made my pores and acne look smaller and less visible. It took away any redness which I have a huge problem with and just overall calmed my face and smoothed my texture.
It made applying my makeup and how it looked overall easy and much smoother.
I love this mask. It comes in a small tub but it's actually pretty cheap per ounce. And I like that it's in a smaller tub that I don't have to worry about drying out because It's so large.
I would suggest using 2 to 3 times a week for long term and immediate effects. Apply a thin layer. Just enough to fully cover your skin. That way you don't waste any and it lasts longer. Leave on for as long as you want but at least until it dries and rinse with warm water then splash with cool water to close pores. The directions say leave on for 15 min and massage as you apply. Massaging allows it to be really pushed into the skin so follow this and the minimum time requirement, although leaving on for longer can only help if you want to.
Open pores with steam from a boiling pot of water after washing to really get the full effects as well.
This is an amazing mask. Honestly the first fresh mask I've tried but I've tried their self preserving masks and some new jelly masks and I have to say this is my favorite and I can't wait to try the rest of them.
I would fully recommend this mask to anyone of any skin type. We all do things to our skin and if we don't the environment does so calming our skin should be a priority and this is a great and pampering way to do that.
I can't find a thing wrong with this mask from the texture to the price to the scent and so on. It's an amazing mask. It does suc× that you have to buy only in store since not everyone has a local lush but if you ever come across one make buying one of the fresh masks a priority.
Jenna O.
Bloomington, IN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was really excited to try this, masks are my favorite thing to get at Lush,
trying all of them is so fun because they're so fairly priced.

Maybe it's just because I tend to go for the more exfoliating masks, but I did not like this. The consistency is a little too thick, it felt like it was pulling a lot on my skin when I applied it. And the smell is overpowering and unpleasant, it smells like an old woman's bathroom air freshener, my boyfriend
hated any time I wore it.

I didn't notice any difference in my skin, for it being more expensive than the others I don't think it's worth it.
Kristen S.
Pooler, GA
Rosy cheeks is a mask I would recommend to anyone. Coming in the cute little lush packaging, who could resist this adorable pink mask?! I think Lush prices their masks right and I pick one up every time I’m in the Lush store! When this mask dries It looks like you have latex on your face which is really funny! This mask is great!
Tara P.
Denver, CO
Beauty Junkie Expert
This stuff is amazing!!! Whenever I wash my face or shower my skin is always red and has a burning sensation ( I have really sensitive skin) and I heard this product has a calming element to it so I wanted to try it out. It made my skin feel so good. I use this product once every two weeks and it has made such a difference in my skin!
Magali. T.
vienna
I really like the  LUSH Rosy Cheeks Face Mask as it leaves me feeling refreshed. It has great packaging and effective product inside. The one thing I would say is my sister has really sensitive skin and had a minor breakout while using the product but for someone with a less sensitive face would really benefit from this.
Deedee T.
Lombard
The smell of this mask is what sold me. Oh my my. It smells like a thousand and one roses. This is personally one of my all time favorites. You keep this one in the fridge and Everytime you apply the cool mask on your face it helps depuff, tighten and soothe your lovely skin.
Dominique O.
Salt Lake Cty, UT
This product was very easy for me to apply at first but after a while I️ gave up using it because it left some texture on my cheeks and I️ have sensitive skin so it was harsh for my skin but my benefit for people with oily/ combination skin. Would not buy again for myself.
Ashley P.
Waukesha, WI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I could never say anything bad about lush products, I love them all! They smell great, they are eco friendly, so I feel like I’m doing the world a favor using them. They are a more expensive product, but I can except that and get over it. I highly recommend lush to everyone!
stephanie w.
Plainfield, IL
Not one of my favorites, after I washed this face mask off it left my skin feeling pretty tight and not that moisturized. It smells very pretty but I didn’t think it did much for my skin other than make it smell good. I wish it left my skin feeling smoother and more moisturized. LUSH Rosy Cheeks Face Mask
Whitney S.
Atlanta, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Awesome awesome mask! This mask is perfect for days when my skin is feeling a little irritated or extra red. The combination of rose and the cooling sensation from keeping it in the fridge is heaven on my sensitive cheeks. You honestly can't go wrong with this. Bonus awesome perk if you love he smell of fresh roses!!
Siani W.
I am trying to find the right face mask for me and this one caught my eye. However, my skin is sensitive and I'm worried it will just cause my face to freak out. Is this gentle for sensitive skin types?
ria a.
Queens Vlg, NY
Is this hydrating? thinking of trying but my skin is very dry
Em W.
Oakland, CA
Does this help hydrate your skin?
Andrea J.
Fremont, CA
does this really work ?
Caitlin H.
Can you use this part the expiration date?