BY LUSH #3 in Body Scrub

Refreshing, exfoliating, hydrating...what doesn't this scrub do? Our cult classic scrub has a mineral-rich mix of fine and coarse sea salt for serious exfoliation, balanced with coconut oil and avocado butter to soften the skin. That punchy citrus scent? It comes from lime oil as well as limes extracted in vodka to brighten and tone. Just one scrub with this beauty and you'll see why it's so popular!

How to use: Apply to damp skin and rub gently to exfoliate and refresh the skin. Rinse clean and pat dry.

ingredients

Fine Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride) Fresh Grapefruit Infusion (Citrus Paradisi) Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride) Stearic Acid (Stearic acid) Fresh Organic Lime Extracted in Vodka (Citrus aurantifolia) Sodium Cocoamphoacetate Glycol Cetearate Triethanolamine Avocado Butter (Persea Gratissima) Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera) (Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil) Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia) Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus) Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata) Glycerine Lanolin Cetearyl Alcohol *Citral *Limonene *Linalool Fragrance Blue 1 Methylparaben Propylparaben *Occurs naturally in essential oils

• Does this really help soften your skin? And for how long? Is it a...5 Answers
  • Can i use this product every day ? And is it good for dry skin?6 Answers
LUSH Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub
  • "This was recommended to me for painful ingrown hairs and general exfoliating needs. It works great on face and body and has a nice margarita-y smell. When you first buy it, it comes unmixed like in the picture so its necessary to mix everything up well before first use. I use it on my face when I feel a lot of dead dry skin build up or on my body once in a while too. I love that the exfoliating crystals are pieces of chunky salt that dissolve in water after a while. I definitely prefer to use an exfoliator that has natural ingredients like salt, instead of other brands that use 'Exfoliating beads' that could be made out of anything...." in 1133 reviews
  • "Beat exfoliator in the world, plus uses all natural ingredients. BE CAUTIOUS, not not sensitive skin" in 609 reviews
  • " love love love.. great product for blemishes and acne prone skin . feels like it gets really deep down dirt and grime. is a little expensive. but well worth the money.. all time favorite product they offer." in 343 reviews
  • "As a body scrub, it's pretty fantastic - the salt exfoliates the dead cells away, the citrus oils help brighten the newly exposed skin, and everything is great." in 20 reviews
Gigi W.
Marshfield, MA
I honestly had high hopes for this product. Due to the high reviews and the whole ”ocean salt” in general, turned me towards this product. I did try it, the self preserving one (if there’s a big difference), but I was not a fan of the mess it made. I used this product in the shower and I didn’t know where to put the container, etc. I don’t think Lush really thought well about where the packages go for the shower products. Anyways, I used this on my body and I’m usually very good with body scrubs, but this one was more harsh than any other scrub I’ve tried! It was mind blowing to me. Maybe there’s something in there that my tender areas weren’t fond of. I found it went quite quickly too, and for the price I don’t have $$ to buy this once-twice a week... I did use it on my face too and again a bit rough. I didn’t notice it truly soften anything after using it anyways, sad to me, I wanted to love it!
Andie S.
Rolla, MO
I absolutely love this product and have for about 4 years. I started using lush when I first went vegetarian as I wanted to use all natural/vegan products. While this may be a pricey product I normally always order from the UK because the products end up being cheaper, almost half the cost of US in some cases. This product is the perfect exfoliate for your skin because it really works to get the dead skin away. As well as the ingredient in this product, it has the sea salt to exfoliate your skin, then has avocado butter to soften your skin after it takes all the dead skin away, as well as silken tofu, mango butter, and japan wax to help with this as well. This product also has lime and vodka in it to help brighten up your skin! Overall this product will forever be a staple for me in my skincare routine.
Slay C.
Sagamore Beach
LUSH Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub is one of my favorite exfoliates to use everywhere. The citrus type scent is a very soothing smell and I love how the product packs a punch with the exfoliating, but then ends with a smoothing skin touch. It contains little bits of sea salt that you can feel rubbing onto the surface of your skin. One precaution is that if you have a cut or scrape on your body, AVOID using ocean salt in that area. It will sting and irritate the area and hurt a ton. But that is only because of how strong the ingredients are in the product. The product retails at $21.95 for 4.2 oz. Would I recommend to a friend? A thousand times yes! I have given this as a gift to so many people for the holidays!
Naomi L.
Springport, MI
I love lush for it's aim to take on an industry riddle with environmental problems. That being said this product only gets 4 stars because it's not perfect. I love it for me but that doesn't make it a great fit for everyone. The salt is in fact sea salt, which means it is fairly large and hard. This makes it very abrasive if you have sensitive skin. Because I don't I love that aspect about it. I can always tell after I've used it that it buffed out all the dead skin leaving me feeling super soft. I will say that the vodka in it for me can dry out skin if you don't put a lotion or moisturizer on afterwards, especially on your face. Otherwise it's been a staple in my shower for 4 years.
Bailey R.
I have a lot of issues with my combination skin but this product has saved my life! The first time I bought it was when I was fourteen and have been using it ever since.

The price of this product is a little pricey but its worth every penny. The sea salt left my face soft, clean, and exfoliated every time and cleared up my pores. It also helped with my combination skin, dissolving the excess oils, and stripped my dried skin while moisturizing it. The smell of it is amazing and make me want to eat it (but dont...it tastes really bad XD).

If you combine this product with the LUSH Herbalism you will a face that glows like the GODS!
Christine M.
Westerville, OH
I love the smell of this product.  It smells like fresh ocean and reminiscent of a margarita.  The consistency seems a little lacking in the "scrub" department but it does have some very coarse sea salt mixed in.  I like it for areas like my legs and arms, however it is a little too oily for areas where I am prone to breakouts (back, chest and face).  This is WAY too oily for sensitive skin like mine on my face.  After just one use, my face broke out right away.  I would suggest against this if you have sensitive skin and intend to use it for you face.  I do like it but don't get as much use out of it as I would have hoped.
Chloe S.
Iowa City, IA
I love LUSH products. Ocean Salt was one of the first products I began to seriously use, and it was the first scrub I tried from them. I really like the smell and the way that it feels on your skin, but there have been a couple of times where I feel like it irritated my skin. My skin is super sensitive but it also doesn't happen every time that I use it, so I'm guessing my skin might have just been dry those days. It's also definitely a harsher scrub, so if you are looking for more of an every day scrub, you might need to buy another one (try Mask of Magnamity if you want to stick with LUSH)
H S.
I started using this in middle/high school when I noticed I had keratosis pilaris (the unsightly bumps on your forearms and legs, resembles pimples). Of course, I thought they were pimples so I spent years picking at them which lead to serious self consciousness and me avoiding shorts and short sleeve shirts all together. I was fed up with unsightly bumps, so instead of fighting against it, I decided to nurture the keratosis pilaris away. My search for alternative solutions brought me to LUSH. I bought this along with the  LUSH Buffy Body Butter . I was told I could use this on my face as well, but honestly it seems a bit too harsh on my face, but hey, too each his own!

Coming from years of scratching my bumps away, I used this over the  LUSH Buffy Body Butter because of how abrasive it felt on my skin. However, within a few showers, I realized I was replacing my habit of picking at my bumps with this. I had to stop using this product all together until I saw real results from Buffy. Within a few months of (self control from scratching myself) and using the body butter which provided subtle exfoliation AND simultaneous hydration, my bumps were gone! They have diminished to little dots but I was happy they weren't raised bumps like pimples. They do come back sometimes in the winter, but I keep them at bay with my weekly exfoliation.
Tiffany P.
Great universal scrub! Kept this item in the bathroom and used it over a months time. Usually products from LUSH need to be refrigerated and this doesn't. I do believe over time it will not be as potent as when originally purchased. This scrub leaves the skin soft and feeling fresh. Smells like the ocean and it's actually edible. Taste like salt.
Jackie S.
Federal way, WA
I love how this scrub feels. It has both small and large grains of salt so there are multiple textures going on.
Once I’m out of the shower and moisturize (an important step when exfoliating) my skin feels amazingly soft and smooth
There’s a good amount of product in the container which can last quite a while.
The best way to try it is to get a sample size in one of lush’s gift sets that way you can try multiple products at once and don’t need to commit to a full tub
Tammy A.
Is this good to use on acne skin?
Jordyn L.
Does this really help soften your skin? And for how long? Is it a rough texture or barely rough at all?
Alison K.
Honolulu, HI
How is this product for someone who has acne that comes up occasionally? Has this made anyone break out more? Sensitive skin users?
Ashley H.
West Hamlin, WV
I've seen great reviews, but is it worth it??
Chaya B.
Is this harsh on the skin?