BY LUSH #3 in Body Scrub

Washing with Ocean Salt is like taking your skin on a trip to the seaside for an invigorating splash in the water. The minerals in sea salt soften as it scrubs away dirt, dead skin and blockages for a bright, fresh complexion. We mix in fresh avocado and coconut to hydrate thirsty skin, leaving it balanced and soft, while lime and vodka deep clean and tone the skin leaving it visibly brightened. This formula has been expertly rebalanced, so there’s no need for us to add any synthetic preservatives – it’s completely self-preserving!

• Does this really help soften your skin? And for how long? Is it a...5 Answers
  • Can i use this product every day ? And is it good for dry skin?6 Answers
LUSH Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub
  • "I have really sensitive skin that tends to try out from exfoliators, and this scrub doesn't effect either of these issues." in 26 reviews
  • "As a body scrub, it's pretty fantastic - the salt exfoliates the dead cells away, the citrus oils help brighten the newly exposed skin, and everything is great." in 20 reviews
  • "I love knowing that my skin is going to be clean and all of the dead skin is going to be gone and the fact that the ingredients are all natural and it's handmade and isn't tested on animals makes it all the better." in 18 reviews
  • "It smells amazing, works wonders and actually tastes good if you happen to get a little to close to your mouth." in 16 reviews
  • "i use it on my face every day and it really just keeps my skin exfoliated and scrubs away at dirt and gets rid of all my blackheads." in 9 reviews
Gaylen C.
Bowling Green, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have very sensitive skin as well as an iodine allergy and this doesn't bother me at all despite containing seaweed extract (which does contain iodine). So it's a very small amount, probably around the same amount as regular salts. If you have this allergy, I do recommend trying some of it on your skin in store as I did when I first bought it. You'll be able to tell right away if it'll bother you.

If it doesn't, you're in for a treat. This is one of my favorite exfoliators. I use it as an all over body exfoliator as I get very dry skin and breakouts on my chest and back. This helps to clear up those areas, remove the dead skin, and not dry me out. I use it every other day, sometimes every day if I'm in artificial heat a lot (like the winter time).

It also smells really, really good. Nice and clean and fresh. And it'll last you for several months. This scrub is also self preserving, so it does last for quite some time in comparison to some of Lush's other products. You can't go wrong with this product if you have sensitive and troublesome skin. It works wonders.
Anna A.
Mt Pleasant, SC
Beauty Junkie Expert
   I perosnally love this. I feel like this helps my skin so much! I feel like after every use this gets all the dead skin off. I do not have sensitive skin, but fro the people who do, i advise you, it might be too ruff!

I reccomend if you do not know how you would react to this, go to Lush and as them for a sample. They will be more than willing to give you a sample, for free! I do wish that the price was a little lower, but for the natural healhy ingrediants in this, it makes it worth it!

Also another thing, a little this goes a very long way. This container has lasted me almost 4months. So the price issue does lower when it lasts a long time! I reccomend atleast trying this! Ask for a sample! Thx so much!
Sarah C.
Cheektowaga, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'll start by saying I received a sample size of Ocean Salt when I was in the store. I was so excited to try it out because I love using a exfoliating body scrub before shaving & I love lush products. First I tried it in my face since it is also a face scrub. As soon as it touched my skin it started to burn. I tried to bare through it but it hurt so bad I washed it off and used a moisturizing face wash right after to soothe my skin. A couple days later I was in the bath and decided to shave my legs. I used the ocean salt all over my legs which did it burn at all. However, it wasn't as "scruby" as I wanted because it became more of a slimey soap than a exfoliating scrub. I was disappointed that it wasn't all I thought it would be.
Kristen C.
Fullerton, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this stuff so much, especially in the summer when your skin isn't dry at all.

It smells so amazing, and it reminds me of the way your skin smells after a day at the beach which is one of my favorite smells ever. The big chunks of sea salt feel are nice exfoliates without irritating the skin. The vodka and lime tighten your skin and give it a great shine. It says you can use it for your face, but I never do. I did it once and it left it feels too tight and a little irritated.

This stuff is pretty expensive which makes sense because it's all natural ingredients. Quality means money. I tend to only use this every once in a while because of the price, but it'll be your favorite shower of the week on the day you use it.
Brianna D.
Toms River, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been using this scrub for about a couple weeks and I can't see a major difference right away with my skin, i definitely feel like its working. My nightly routine every other day is using this scrub, then my Natures Origin Toner, and then my Kate somerville hydrating cream. A little bit goes a long way with this product and it lasts me forever! This is also one of the lush products that they put out that doesn't expire within a month of two. The exfoliates in this remove my dead skin while the rest of the ingredients pull dirt and oils to cleanse my skin. The only con I have to say about this product is that I feel like it leaves my skin waxy in a way after washing it off.
Mandy C.
West Allis, WI
Beauty Junkie Expert
Love love love this body scrub!! One thing I love about tropical vacations is the way your skin feels after getting out of the ocean. Ocean salt scrub gives you that exact feeling in your own shower! I LOVE it. The smell, the way it exfoliates and just everything. Definitely get a sample of this, you’ll be hooked!
Sam S.
St. Louis
Beauty Junkie Expert
Probably one of my favorite Lush products ever and not for the reason you think. I have really bad pimples on my arms that I could not figure out how to take care of and this stuff cleared it up in an instant and controlled my problem. I have been an avid user of this particular product for years and have recommended it to many people. It really did a great job on mine. Yeah I know it is a bit on the pricey side, but considering a jar takes like 2-3 months to get through, and that's the small one. It is well worth the cost.

I will continue to use this product as it has been the only thing that seems to work for me and my issues.
Kimmy M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
LUSH Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub is My absolute favorite face scrub ❤ It is a little pricey, but most Lush products are because of the amazing results. I wear makeup daily so I use this scrub twice a week to keep more pores clean. I like it because it's rough and I can actually feel like scrub going to work. Because it's sea salt I also use it when I have break outs because it shortens the period of the pimple and heals them faster, for me at least. I will say if I'm applying makeup right after using it, I do use face wash after it because it leaves a film like texture that I don't like under my makeup.
Lara Lee V.
Hayward
I love wearing flip flops in the summer but I hate when my skin on my feet is disgustingly dry! Using a scrub regularly helps tons, this is the first time I've tried one from this brand. I absolutely adore the pomegranate smell! It's so fresh and it stays after you rinse it off. This has the texture of a basic scrub, you rub the granules in your skin and it will rub that dead skin away. When you rinse it off, this does leave nice soft new skin- it must have some softening agents as well. I love the way my skin feels afterwards! I can use this just one at twice a week and my feet are always flip flop ready!
Hannah C.
Trafford, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Love this product.  Smells great and does well scrubbing away rough skin.. especially those of us who like to use fake tanner.  My boyfriend has also used this on his chest and back and works wonders with his breakouts.  This product is a little pricy but worth the buy!
Phylicia A.
Toronto
Does this product dry out your face?
Natalie V.
Zion, Il
Which is your favorite lush product ?
Anhly H.
East Hartford, CT
Is it worth the try? I would love to try it but I don't want something that dries my skin.
Raegan H.
Is this worth the money? I always eye it at my lush store but I can't justify the price /:
Grace C.
Newtonville, MA
Would you guys recommend this scrub for sensitive skin?