LUSH Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub

by LUSH

#16 in Body Scrub

Refreshing, exfoliating, hydrating...what doesn't this scrub do? Our cult classic scrub has a mineral-rich mix of fine and coarse sea salt for serious exfoliation, balanced with coconut oil and avocado butter to soften the skin. That punchy citrus scent? It comes from lime oil as well as limes extracted in vodka to brighten and tone. Just one scrub with this beauty and you'll see why it's so popular!

How to use: Apply to damp skin and rub gently to exfoliate and refresh the skin. Rinse clean and pat dry.

ingredients

Fine Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride) Fresh Grapefruit Infusion (Citrus Paradisi) Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride) Stearic Acid (Stearic acid) Fresh Organic Lime Extracted in Vodka (Citrus aurantifolia) Sodium Cocoamphoacetate Glycol Cetearate Triethanolamine Avocado Butter (Persea Gratissima) Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera) (Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil) Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia) Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus) Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata) Glycerine Lanolin Cetearyl Alcohol *Citral *Limonene *Linalool Fragrance Blue 1 Methylparaben Propylparaben *Occurs naturally in essential oils

This scrub is worth it?
How is the exfoliant in this product? Very coarse or not as rough?
How is this product for those with more sensitive Skin? Sometimes exfoliating makes me very dry. Does it also moisturize?
Start your review of LUSH Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub!
Product Highlights
“...while too. I love that the exfoliating crystals are pieces of chunky salt that dissolve in water after a while. I definitely prefer to use an exfoliator that has natural ingredients like salt, instead of other brands that use 'Exfoliating beads' that could be made out of anything....” in reviews
“Beat exfoliator in the world, plus uses all natural ingredients. BE CAUTIOUS, not not sensitive skinin reviews
“ love love love.. great product for blemishes and acne prone skin . feels like it gets really deep down dirt and grime. is a little expensive. but well worth the money.. all time favorite product they offer.” in reviews
“As a body scrub, it's pretty fantastic - the salt exfoliates the dead cells away, the citrus oils help brighten the newly exposed skin, and everything is great.” in reviews
“I love knowing that my skin is going to be clean and all of the dead skin is going to be gone and the fact that the ingredients are all natural and it's handmade and isn't tested on animals makes it all the better.” in reviews
Hollywood, FL
LUSH Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub uploaded by Sarah B.
A margarita for your face! So I always end up at Lush when my skincare routine is getting old. I am allergic to -methicone ingredients and most of the Lush products don’t have this or its clearly listed in black on the label. I asked for a sample of this product since I am sensitive and a bit cautious to drop so much money on something that I don’t know will help my skin or not. I’ve never been so obsessed with the way my face smells but this is delicious. They use two types of salt a fine and coarse grain. I am not too big of the coarse grain cause I have sensitive skin but its all about how much pressure you apply when your washing your face off. I’ve been using this for two days now and have seen great results with brightness and discoloration as well as my acne. Definitely recommend. If your not sure what Lush products to use ask for a skin care consultation and let them know your on a budget or ask to try something thats what they are there to help you do! Lush, Ocean Salt, Face and Body Scrub
North Carolina
This really does an amazing job at exfoliating my body and after every use, I notice that it helps to brighten my skin's complexion. However, my main issues with this product is that it tends to burn and irritate my sensitive skin on my face. Not to mention that it's such a harsh product that it shouldn't be advertised as a face scrub as face scrubs are terrible for skin and can actually damage it, creating micro-tears in the skin.Overall, I did not really like the product as it always made my skin, red and irritated leaving a burning feeling. I did not have an enjoyable experience as did other people since this is Lush's best selling product. It better to be used as a body scrub and I don't recommend that it be used for the face.I will not be purchasing this product ever again especially with it's hefty price tag.
Los Angeles
LUSH Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub uploaded by Jonay X.
Okay, where do I start. How about a trip to the beach? That’s exactly what this scrub does for me, as I’m washing away in the shower the sea breeze smacks me right in the face as the aroma of this scrub. I can’t help but picture showering next to an ocean in Cancún with salty air and sand combing through my thoughts as I scrub all my worries away with this Lush, Ocean Salt, Face and Body Scrub . It’s a scrub that can’t be beat and I mean it when I say that, I have tried Body Shop scrubs and even the good old fashioned Bath & Body Works, however they fall in comparison to this scrub by Lush. The scent will send you on a cleansing vacation while leaving your skin perfectly polished.
Trevose
LUSH Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub uploaded by Sam K.
Let me start off by saying this product is good but it depends what you’re looking for, I use this only to exfoliate the hard to get skin like on my legs and my feet, but for the softer parts of your body this would be pretty harsh. I like this especially for exfoliating my legs before shaving to minimize razor burn. However, I also feel that you could possibly get the same result with a homemade sugar scrub. So again, yes it’s nice but yes you could get the same results yourself.
Las Vegas, NV
After hearing rave reviews from friends who swore by this product, I had to try it for myself. Well, let's just say that I absolutely would never ever use this on my face again. It burned! I have more sensitive skin than the average person, and this just wasn't compatible with me. It smelled really nice and I love the name and vibe of it... but it just wasn't for me. If you, too, have sensitive skin, I'd avoid using this as a facial cleanser. It might be nice as a body scrub. But I had such a bad experience with it, that I don't think I'll ever try it again. Fortunately for me, I never actually purchased it, but sampled it in the store. (Obviously, this was a while ago when Lush still gave in-store facials. They don't do those anymore.)
New Jersey
Okay, I love this scrub. I have sensitive skin and have found a way to use this scrub! Has two type of sea salt fine sea salt and course sea salt to offer a double exfoliation! Also has lime for a glowing effect and vodka as an astringent. Cleanses the skin and gets all of the dead skin off! If you have dry skin BE CAREFUL! As this is drying! Use something with or after it that is extremely moisturizing even if it’s a cleaner! Very expensive but works! I do not like it for my body, only my face! I prefer the “sp” Verson as you get more salt and it’s more hydrating. With the purchase and try!
Los Angeles, CA
BEST PRODUCT TO EXSIST! First off, LUSH is an amazing brand! Everything they make is amazing! I appreciate that the products they make are clean, and there are no harsh chemicals inside. You always know you are getting what you are paying for, and that it’s good for you and your skin. I use this product as an exfoliating face scrub, and use it in the shower on my body. It really works, and also makes my skin feel super smooth! I also LOVE that you can use the product on your face, and body! The price is a bit on the higher side, but you really get your moneys worth! BUY IT!
West Palm Beach
This product saved my skin when I stopped using birth control and my skin freaked out. It cools, soothes, scrubs, treats, you name it. It truly is a go to product when my skin needs some TLC from breakouts. I enjoy the deep exfoliant, the salt is thick, but they offer two styles where one is not as harsh of a scrub. The price point is a little high, but you can try a sample which is a great business model for customers to try lush products. The only reason I stopped using this product is because it tests very high on think dirty with parabens and fragrance.
Harrison, NJ
Purchased at: LUSH Cosmetics
Lush is hard to not like. You’re walk in and already feel like you are in another world. This product definitely works at transporting you to an ocean side California house. There are little chunks of salt in this formula that feels really nice and exfoliating when you rub it on your face and feels like you just hopped out of the ocean. Like other masks it feels way better when you refrigerate before using. Since they use all organic products it doesn’t have the longest shelf life so use it while you can because you are going to want to use every last bit.
Fort Worth
Love this product! Great quick exfoliator for the body and face. It does have fairly large grains of salt so I’d recommend not using a lot of pressure on the skin as it can cause micro damage to the skin, especially on the face. It feels very nice and refreshing! I used this on my face and because the salt I think it was a little bit too harsh for my acne prone skin so it did burn slightly. I could have also scrubbed to long and hard. On acne prone skin, I’d say it would be best to use this product on your body and an acid exfoliator on your face.

729 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...