BY LUSH #5 in Body Scrub

Refreshing, exfoliating, hydrating...what doesn't this scrub do? Our cult classic scrub has a mineral-rich mix of fine and coarse sea salt for serious exfoliation, balanced with coconut oil and avocado butter to soften the skin. That punchy citrus scent? It comes from lime oil as well as limes extracted in vodka to brighten and tone. Just one scrub with this beauty and you'll see why it's so popular!

How to use: Apply to damp skin and rub gently to exfoliate and refresh the skin. Rinse clean and pat dry.

ingredients

Fine Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride) Fresh Grapefruit Infusion (Citrus Paradisi) Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride) Stearic Acid (Stearic acid) Fresh Organic Lime Extracted in Vodka (Citrus aurantifolia) Sodium Cocoamphoacetate Glycol Cetearate Triethanolamine Avocado Butter (Persea Gratissima) Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera) (Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil) Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia) Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus) Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata) Glycerine Lanolin Cetearyl Alcohol *Citral *Limonene *Linalool Fragrance Blue 1 Methylparaben Propylparaben *Occurs naturally in essential oils

• Does this really help soften your skin? And for how long?...5 Answers
  • Can i use this product every day ? And is it good for dry...7 Answers
LUSH Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub
  • "Beat exfoliator in the world, plus uses all natural ingredients. BE CAUTIOUS, not not sensitive skin" in 609 reviews
  • " love love love.. great product for blemishes and acne prone skin . feels like it gets really deep down dirt and grime. is a little expensive. but well worth the money.. all time favorite product they offer." in 343 reviews
  • "This was recommended to me for painful ingrown hairs and general exfoliating needs. It works great on face and body and has a nice margarita-y smell. When you first buy it, it comes unmixed like in the picture so its necessary to mix everything up well before first use. I use it on my face when I feel a lot of dead dry skin build up or on my body once in a while too. I love that the exfoliating crystals are pieces of chunky salt that dissolve in water after a while. I definitely prefer to use an exfoliator that has natural ingredients like salt, instead of other brands that use 'Exfoliating beads' that could be made out of anything...." in 289 reviews
  • "As a body scrub, it's pretty fantastic - the salt exfoliates the dead cells away, the citrus oils help brighten the newly exposed skin, and everything is great." in 20 reviews
  • "I love knowing that my skin is going to be clean and all of the dead skin is going to be gone and the fact that the ingredients are all natural and it's handmade and isn't tested on animals makes it all the better." in 18 reviews
Melody J.
Lakeland, FL
I received a good-sized sample from LUSH (they always take care of their customers so nicely!), and my initial thought was to just use this on my body. I was hesitant to use this on my face because they tell those with sensitive skin (ME) to be careful.
Here's the thing, I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed using this on BOTH my face and body (even though I have very sensitive skin).

When using on the body, you definitely have to use more product. It's perfectly gritty without being too intense, and the sea salt really buffs that dead, scaly skin away. the silken tofu, avocado butter, and mango butter are the key ingredients that keep your skin nourished rather than stripped.

When using on the face, you are definitely getting more bang for you buck because a little goes a long way. I'm obsessed with the sensation this gives on the face - , after the mattifying effects of the sea salt, the lime and vodka is invigorating and makes my skin feel bright.

The only reason why this didn't get 5 stars is personally the scent. Although I'm from Florida, and the smell of the ocean is appealing to me, this was too strong for me. That will not stop me from repurchasing though!
Slay C.
Sagamore Beach
LUSH Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub is one of my favorite exfoliates to use everywhere. The citrus type scent is a very soothing smell and I love how the product packs a punch with the exfoliating, but then ends with a smoothing skin touch. It contains little bits of sea salt that you can feel rubbing onto the surface of your skin. One precaution is that if you have a cut or scrape on your body, AVOID using ocean salt in that area. It will sting and irritate the area and hurt a ton. But that is only because of how strong the ingredients are in the product. The product retails at $21.95 for 4.2 oz. Would I recommend to a friend? A thousand times yes! I have given this as a gift to so many people for the holidays!
Chloe S.
Saint Paul, MN
I love LUSH products. Ocean Salt was one of the first products I began to seriously use, and it was the first scrub I tried from them. I really like the smell and the way that it feels on your skin, but there have been a couple of times where I feel like it irritated my skin. My skin is super sensitive but it also doesn't happen every time that I use it, so I'm guessing my skin might have just been dry those days. It's also definitely a harsher scrub, so if you are looking for more of an every day scrub, you might need to buy another one (try Mask of Magnamity if you want to stick with LUSH)
Andie S.
Rolla, MO
I absolutely love this product and have for about 4 years. I started using lush when I first went vegetarian as I wanted to use all natural/vegan products. While this may be a pricey product I normally always order from the UK because the products end up being cheaper, almost half the cost of US in some cases. This product is the perfect exfoliate for your skin because it really works to get the dead skin away. As well as the ingredient in this product, it has the sea salt to exfoliate your skin, then has avocado butter to soften your skin after it takes all the dead skin away, as well as silken tofu, mango butter, and japan wax to help with this as well. This product also has lime and vodka in it to help brighten up your skin! Overall this product will forever be a staple for me in my skincare routine.
Therese S.
Harrisonburg, VA
I always love LUSH products because they are reliable, ethical, and always a little fun! Even though I liked this scrub, I felt it was a little harsh. This was something I read in the reviews and was prepared for but was still somehow surprised when I used the product. This is because the harshness of the product isn’t so much in the scrub consistency as it is the intense lemon smell. I still review/score this product high because I am more sensitive to skincare products and stronger smells than most! This scrub still makes my skin feel soooo smooth so I continue to use it on occasion!
Lizzi K.
Mogadore, OH
don’t get me wrong, this is a WONDERFUL product. It is true to its name an ocean salt face and body scrub. It is incredibly salty and clears out the skin amazingly. HOWEVER, this dries out my face SO much i had to stop using it. It makes sense because of the salt, which is unfortunate but i was no longer able to use it because of my sensitive skin. If you don’t have sensitive skin though, i would recommend this because it leaves your skin incredibly soft and smooth. I think you’ll definitely see results.
Stacey T.
My first pot of ocean salt had a ton of liquid so I felt it was just odd and didn’t really have a wonderful outcome. I love the grit feeling because it makes me feel like I’m doing a deep clean but I felt it was so watered down it defeated the purpose. I was disappointed with it especially with the price being high for such a small pot. I want to try it again in hopes I just got a bad batch but afraid to do to the price and I don’t live near a Lush so I will have to order online.
Lauren N.
Fort Worth, TX
This product smells like a delicious, salty margarita. It's so creamy, yet it has large pieces of course salt for exfoliation. I keep this tub in my shower and use it on any rough patches of my skin. I have used it on my face in the winter months when I need to shed layers of dried out skin. I used it on feet, knees, elbows etc when they feel dry as well. DON'T USE THIS AFTER YOU SHAVE. For the love of god- unless you love salt burning in your freshly shaved skin.
Jaci W.
Spokane
Lets just start out by saying that I've been buying this product for about 10 years or more now, so obviously I like it. The price is a bit steep, but it's LUSH, so the ingredients alone are worth the price. I don't use this on my face because I'm not a huge fan of abrasive exfoliants, but if you like a good scrub - give it a shot. When you open the container there is a layer of salt that you can mix in, but the actual formulation ismells like salt and citrus. If used on the body (especially before shaving), it scrubs away all the dead skin and debris dangling off your meat suit that you might miss from washing. It'll help with body acne or just to help make you look shiny and new. I love it!
Samantha Q.
Escondido, CA
I absolutely love this scrub. It’s very pricey but honestly completely worth it. It’s infused with vodka and lime which is really good for the skin. It’s a little bit rough but they recently came out with a new formula for sensitive skin with softer salts. My skin feels so soft after using this and I notice a difference in my overall skin texture. I use it on my back as well for a skin condition and it’s very soothing for itchy or dry skin. LUSH Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub
Phylicia A.
Toronto
Does this product dry out your face?
Natalie V.
Zion, Il
Which is your favorite lush product ?
Raegan H.
Is this worth the money? I always eye it at my lush store but I can't justify the price /:
Anhly H.
East Hartford, CT
Is it worth the try? I would love to try it but I don't want something that dries my skin.
Grace C.
Newtonville, MA
Would you guys recommend this scrub for sensitive skin?