BY LUSH #22 in Face Masks

Few things are more soothing than a big bowl of banana porridge, all sweet and squishy. Did you know the same is true for your skin? Sensitive, dry or irritated faces love Oatifix for its calming oats, softening mashed banana and ground almonds to slough away flaky skin. Keep in mind that dry skin doesn’t just occur in the winter! The sun can be equally harsh, as UV rays penetrate the dermis and heat can leave you feeling tight and dry. Use Oatifix year-round on sensitive, dry skin in need of nourishment to keep it flexible and soft.

• What caused you to purchase this initially 2 Answers
  • I was told by somebody that almonds are not good for acne...4 Answers
  • I have super oily skin...does this leave your face feelin...5 Answers
LUSH Oatfix Fresh Face Mask
  • "I have super sensitive skin making most masks either irritate my skin or cause a breakout the next day. So the Lush Oatfix Fresh Face Mask was so gentle yet clearing that I was shocked that my skin could even glow like that the next day. When I say that I recommend it, I really do. Can't wait till my face mask runs out so I can make a trip to lush and buy more!!!!" in 262 reviews
Arlene m.
Homestead, FL
This face mask is okay, I found it to be a bit messy to use and remove due to it's very thick texture, it is the thickest mask out of all the lush masks.
I love the scent of the mask, the banana, vanilla and oats make the mask smell like a scrumptious porridge; yum!
The mask is golden yellow in colour, very very thick in texture. I found it a bit hard to scoop the product out and apply to the face. I found the application easier when warming the product up by rubbing the palm of my hands together and then applying to the face. It is a bit hard to smoothe over the face otherwise.
The oats are very soft, the ground almonds are very fine. I could hardly spot them in the mask.
I found it to be quite messy to remove, it is best done in the shower as the oats can get everywhere!
While it is on the skin it feels nice, although it wasn't quite what I was expecting. It felt a little moisturising but that's about it.
After rinsing off I could not see any real effect from using this mask apart from it feeling slightly moisturising while on the skin.
I won't be re-purchasing this one as I don't think it is quite suited to my skin.
While I love the scent and I find it to be an okay product I could not see any noticeable difference to my skin from using this face mask, so I don't think that it is for me.
Having said this, it's not a bad product, this mask would be more beneficial to ladies with dry skin.
Brooke N.
I used this product because I asked the employees for a a moisturizing face mask. I use two topical acne prescriptions that chemically exfoliate my skin so any extra exfoliation can irritate my skin. While this mask did an okay job of moisturizing my skin, the added exfoliating element was not what I wanted at all. Plus, I didn’t like that it needed to be refrigerated and expired so quickly. I could see this being a good product, however, for those looking to moisturize and exfoliate. You get about 6 uses out of the product.
Hannah A.
Portland, OR
This mask smells like oatmeal cookies! The only reason I don’t give it a 5/5 is because it’s a little hard to take off and can become lumpy to put on. I don’t like to add water to it because I feel like it decreases the potency. It helps to moisturize my skin and make it feel plump. It’s a little speedy but usually lush has a recycling program with their jars. I just haven’t taken advantage of it yet. It needs to be refrigerated and I wish it lasted longer in the fridge because I don’t do spas every week!
Marrisa H.
Orange
I have super dry and sensitive skin and this is a lifesaver especially in the winter! A mistake I made when first using it was putting a really thick layer on, but as long as you use just enough to cover your skin, it isn't too moisturizing even for combo skin. I'm not usually a fan of vanilla in skin products but I actually like it here, and the oats are so nice and gentle for a bit of exfoliation on sensitive skin.
Tierra M.
The product was a little too thick for my liking. I’m a first time user. I liked the packaging. There’s a label at the bottom to show you who made the product which I find really cool. I smells great like brown sugar almost. Only real problem I have is that it DOES expire. I’m not sure what happens when it does but that kind of sucks, it’s very moisturizing so i think this is great for combination skin (spot treating ) dry and acne prone areas of you face , Check it out!
Stephany M.
This mask is amazing! I went in to lunch for the first time and wanted to try this mask so bad. I didn’t want to get the full size right away so I got a sample. This mask has like oatmeal pieces I believe and smells like cookies it’s great. Once taking it off it does kind’ve exfoliates the skin and leaves your skin looking radiant . I don’t see it doing anything other then that but if your looking for something to make your skin look glowy from within this will work for you.
Rosemariee M.
Lancaster , CA
So I heard a lot of hype about lush mask so I gave this one a try especially cuz the oats in it I love any skin or body care with oats !! So I was like oh okay cute packaging when I received and as I opened it the smell lingered and I was like mmmm so I tried it out and when I rinsed off my face and patted it down my face felt so soft but I noticed it helped with the dead skin on my nose also which was a big plus for me !! I loved it and recommend y’all try this out 10/10
C L.
Livingston, NJ
I love this face mask so much! It left my face feeling so soft and moisturized and it was super gentle. After using it my face was not irritated at all! It exceeded my expectations and was very effective. I don't think that Lush needs to change anything, its perfect the way it is! I will totally be repurchasing this mask again.
Crystal D.
Long Beach
LUSH Oatfix Fresh Face Mask is THE mask I grab for when my skin is seriously dry and irritated. It’s packed full of fresh bananas and ilipe butter to hydrate the skin and also has oats and vanilla to soothe irritation. The mask doesn’t entirely dry which is great if you like to leave your masks on and take a nice bath :)
You rinse this mask on and it feels like you’ve already applied a moisturizer. Could be lovely for eczema prone skin. Again, it’s a fresh face mask and needs to be refrigerated/has a 3 week shelf life.
Emali L.
Cleveland , OH
My skin loves this product so much! Having dry and sensitive skin can be a bit frustrating. Growing up I remember my grandmother telling me that things with oats are great for dry skin, so when I saw this product I just knew I had to try it! I must say that I’m am pleasantly surprised with how much it has helped my stubborn dry skin on my face. I will continue to use this product. I also love how these are all natural ingredients with no harsh chemicals.
Briana T.
College Sta, TX
I have super oily skin...does this leave your face feeling refreshed? Is it worth buying?
Haleema H.
Tranent
Is this good for someone with dry skin?
Raeesa K.
Luton
I was told by somebody that almonds are not good for acne I'm not entirely sure if this is true and this mask is made out of almonds soo when I first tried it I was a bit nervous simply because I didn't want my acne to go worser please let me know if any of you agree or if this is actually true 😐!!? I tried this mask and it hasn't affected my acne it has stayed the same?!!
Kailey O.
Swannanoa
How many uses do you get out of a tub?
Sydney C.
East Greenwich
What do you guys think of the lush oatfix face mask? LUSH Oatfix Fresh Face Mask