BY LUSH #27 in Dry Shampoo

• how do you compare this to the hair spray dry shampoo?3 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Avani P.
Avani P.
A little goes a long way! It's very easy to go wrong with this product. I dislike the dispenser a little bit because a little too hard of a squeeze and there is white powder everywhere! If you accidentally put too much, it can't be fixed by brushing it in more, you'll end up with a grayish cast on your hair that will essentially look like you have a bad case of dandruff.
However, if used right, this is a wonderful product. It lasts much longer in the hair than other dry shampoos I've tried. My hair does feel and smell fresher. It also does not feel greasy in your hair. Often times, a dry shampoo gives your hair the appearance of freshness, but actually feels greasy and dirty on your scalp. One bottle of this dry shampoo will last you forever because you only need so little!
Toby T.
Toby T.
Washington, DC
I will never use another dry shampoo as long as I live--not kidding. As a blonde with medium thick hair, I try to wash every other day. Unfortunately, when it comes to working out or maybe touching my roots too much throughout the day, I usually need a pick-me-up on my off-days. This powder is incredible. The small bottle has lasted me over 6 months using it at least twice a week. It adds volume to your hair, spreads evenly, and doesn't look chalky if you brush it out. Spray dry shampoos don't even compare (they always make my hair look greasier!) but No Drought enhances my styling and makes my curls look even better than they do on days I was. Highly recommend!
Whitney L.
Whitney L.
Pittsburgh, PA
I haven't jumped on the dry shampoo wagon yet, but I adore LUSH, so I tried it. I have really course, thick, long hair that I wash about twice a week, and it doesn't get too oily. However... If I take the time (I'm lazy) to comb and straighten my hair, I want it to last, but it gets oily within a day... UNTIL I FOUND THIS! Instead of pulling my hair into a ponytail, I continue to rock my hair for a few days thanks to this product. I dump it on my head, give my scalp a good rub, and brush it out. Smells great! Only 4 stars because, like I mentioned, I'm too in love with the good clean feeling that a shower gives me! #dryshampoochallenge
Kim C.
Kim C.
Marquette, MI
I've always had issues with oily hair, constantly having to wash it, which would then give me dry ends. I couldn't win. My husband wanted to buy my a present while on a business trip and came across this, it was highly recommended by Lush's staff, especially with my hair issues in mind. I tried it almost immediately. It does a great job of taming some of the oils in my scalp area, while leaving my ends soft. The only negative I have is that you need to be very careful how much you use and apply with finesse, or else you'll have some very white hair. Overall, with practice, this is a great product.
Kristin W.
Kristin W.
Saint Louis, MO
This is my favorite dry shampoo ever! I found this by chance reading a blog from lululemon and decided I had to try it. I found a Lush store and the rest is history. LOVE the scent, not too heavy, light and citrusy. This stands the ultimate test because I ran a half marathon and only had time to shower but not wash my hair and it worked great to get me home and lasted a day or so beyond that. I would absolutely recommend this! Great for those who don't need to wash their hair everyday but may need a little something to hold them over until they do!
Leah B.
Leah B.
I have been on a quest for dry shampoo for quite some time. I thought I wanted a spray dry shampoo because powders can be messy but I was wrong. This dry shampoo smells amazing, it works wonders, and it's affordable. I'm willing to put the time into my hair. My hair is fine so I section my hair shake it in before bed. It absorbs way better that way and then I don't have to do barely anything but brush it a bit in the morning. What a life saving product! You can buy a hair dressing cape to protect your clothing, it's completely worth it.
Jeanie D.
Jeanie D.
Lawrenceville, GA
I love Lush products, and this one is no exception to that rule! It smells amazing, and it works pretty well to control oil. I have very greasy hair, and by the second day after a shampoo, I'm usually in need of a little oil control. I like to dust this at my roots and in my bangs then brush through pretty thoroughly to make sure there isn't any white residue in my brown hair. It does definitely help me look clean and the scent alone is honestly worth it! I would buy this again. The amount of product for the money is incredible!
Cassandra H.
Cassandra H.
This is my absolute favorite dry shampoo. I was really intimidated by it not being aresol but I think that might make me love it even more now. I have owned the large bottle of this for over a year and it is still half full, a little goes a long way. I also really enjoy the scent, its fresh and lemon-y and doesn't smell like I just sprayed 8 gallons of hairspray onto my scalp. I recommend this to absolutely all of my friends. You just shake it on and rub it in, paying attention to leaving it away from your part.
Zachary R.
Zachary R.
Gilbert, AZ
*claps* this dry shampoo is heaven sent. I am currently on my millionth bottle (more realistically, 20th, no lie). I wash my hair every morning, however I use this to style my hair, as it works amazingly. I am always getting asked questions on what I use and I how I do my hair, this is the only answer. Plus it smells amazing and keeps my hair from ever getting oily. I have short brown hair and once this is completely rubbed in at the roots, there is no trace of it. I can't imagine my daily routine without this.
Emma S.
Emma S.
East lansing , MI
I get this right at my local lush store which is great because they always offer you free samples at the store. I have pretty thick hair so I don't use this product too often unless I'm really in a time crunch but I've found that it's so easy to throw on. Other dry shampoos I've found feel sticky like hair spray, whereas this does not. It really is just baby powder in a jar only it smells a heck of a lot better. Just make sure when your done you don't forget to check and see if your ears need some dusting off.
Andrea G.
Andrea G.
Does this stuff really work? I have very oily hair and would love to know.
Norma P.
Norma P.
Los Angeles, CA
Wondering if this leaves a white cast on the hair?
Tanya M.
Tanya M.
How does it compare to a dry shampoo spray, which is what I currently use?
Morgan L.
Morgan L.
Glendora, CA
How does this compare to traditional spray dry shampoo?
Tiffany W.
Tiffany W.
Highland, IN
I just saw this product in a magazine... I usually use Drybar's Dry Shampoo, I was wondering if this product is just as good for brunettes with oily hair?